Place your random thoughts.

now that the alarmo is in high demand, nintendo should compete with samsung and make appliances. we the people want an nintendo branded refrigerator, i want to hear the 1-UP mushroom sound every time i open my fridge door.

(not being serious because that’s ridiculous… but would be cool)
Whenever I open my fridge, it sounds like the Mario death sound. 😔
Buuuut then I see a Guinness in the back and I hear the flagpole sound effect followed by the fanfare. 🏰😃🍺

I decided to do some research into my family tree. I managed to find as far back as the 1400s, and while the vast majority of it is British, it turns out I also have German ancestry. Pretty cool given the amount of times I've been there over the years!

Anyone else can wait up at the right time everyday without an alarm?
I pretty much have been doing it since I was younger, even though I grew up with an alarm clock.

But that doesn't mean it's always perfect, I have sometimes overslept.
Yes. I always hated alarms. I used to wake up with one for high school, but I would wake up an hour early panicking in anticipation about the sound. Then I stopped using it, but still managed to get up at the right time.

The bus would always come early, so I felt kind of rushed, no matter how early I got up.

The grass in our backyard turned brown... Soon the trees won't be green anymore... Fall is beautiful yet harsh... Big sad I am 😢

I feel like this song sounds and look like how Nami does in the thumbnail, as I'm sitting in front of my own window at the moment:

Does anyone ever get burnt out from listening to music?

Because I think I have. It's been several days since I listened to anything, I don't know of any good songs to add to my playlist and the ones I have are starting to feel...stale? IDK.

That's the best time to discover new music. It can be tough though. Remember that music preference is unique to everybody so no recommendation will ever be 100% accurate. There's always an infinite amount to discover though.

"Where to start" is where I often get stuck.

You can google search similar bands or songs to ones that you like, or if you feel bold just let yourself go down a rabbit hole of new genres or whatever you want. You never know what you may find out. It's basically a whole world to explore.

Going through my old photos from high school to just after graduation (2017-2019) makes me sad that all the old friends that are in them have not talked to me in years. Also, it's now been a full year since I last had communication with the final high school friend I still had left. Today, I passed by the place where I last heard he works, and turns out he's still there as I saw his car sitting in the parking lot.

I've been struggling to find new friends around my age since then. It just makes me angry that I kept getting the cold treatment in a very slow and gradual way until it ultimately culminated into my (small) friend group dissipating without any fanfare. It also doesn't help that my brief college tenure ended up becoming a colossal failure, so now I'm completely left with no friend connections. It really is extremely difficult to find new friends when you have to start from scratch post-college age.

I saw a Halloween costume of a traffic cone at Target. Pretty lame if you ask me! They had it in adult and kid sizes, but wasn’t seeing any takers. 😂

When I was younger, I used to think that all girls who hit puberty earlier would have large breasts as adults and vice versa for girls who are late bloomers.

I was completely unaware that there were multiple factors to consider when it came to what age you'll begin hitting puberty at, like genetics for example.

Anyone else can wait up at the right time everyday without an alarm?
I pretty much have been doing it since I was younger, even though I grew up with an alarm clock.

But that doesn't mean it's always perfect, I have sometimes overslept.
I always manage to wake up without an alarm, I never used one because I fear that I would get scared by the loud noise and possibly hit my head or fall off of my bed or something...

I do have an alarm clock which is teacup-shaped and has Hello Kitty on it that's sitting on my dresser, but I just keep it there for decoration.

1728690541550.jpeg

i got a laugh out of my younger cousin today when he realized my phone gallery has photos of completely random objects with no context.

yes it's weird.

but i swear this eccentric habit of taking random photos will be life saving one day. i just feel it.

I was thinking about a forum friend I had back in 2019. They were really sweet and I just remembered them randomly today. I last heard from them in 2022, but then they vanished for over a year and I unfriended them because I assumed they didn’t want to hear from me anymore. I wonder what they’re up to now.

As a psychology student

It's important to remember that self help books are good for getting advice or gaining a new perspective, but they aren't magic. You still have to put in the effort to change and remember to make your own judgments on what you read.

One of my assignments was to pick and study the use of a self help book. I never got to see it through to the end because my dog had died and I asked to be excused from the work.

But from what I did gather, the author explained his ideas well, but there was nothing in the book that would guide a reader.

I watched the class presentations, and many people shared the exact same issue.

I love birds, especially South American ones! My favorites are the Resplendent and Crested quetzals…but I’m sure there are others.

OH! Hummingbirds! Especially the Violet-tailed sylph. What a diva!

1728748413572.jpeg

And who can forget the Marvelous Spatuletail?

1728748345682.jpeg

(Sings “Cauca Guan” in the tune of “Chaka Khan”.)

Last edited:
Learning Dutch has been so much fun. It feels like learning a version of English from an alternate universe. I could see myself learning this until I’m fluent. I’d like to visit Belgium and The Netherlands eventually, so knowing this language will come in handy.

Back