• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Place your random thoughts.

Our Driver's Ed class struggled on today's exam. I did okay. (my score was 90%). But there was a spike in failing grades.

I actually appreciated what our teacher said. He gave us a talk about how these exams scores don't correlate with intelligence, so nobody should be hurt or feeling down about it. It was very candid.

The class has gotten more difficult. I felt like my own ability to retain information during the test was walking a thin line.

If I had infinite money, I'd make a giant slushie factory room like Willy Wonka.

Without the hazards.
I have to say, in reality, all the fates the kids faced would’ve opened the chocolate factory to many lawsuits. Even if Wonka was fulfilling his duty (something negligent people wasn’t doing), and the kids were at fault, he would be sued for strict liability.

I have to say, in reality, all the fates the kids faced would’ve opened the chocolate factory to many lawsuits. Even if Wonka was fulfilling his duty (something negligent people wasn’t doing), and the kids were at fault, he would be sued for strict liability.

I believe in the gene wilder version, the kids had to sign a waiver before entering the factory.

The prequel (Wonka) happens because of an evil waiver too.

Obviously, yeah, it wouldn't work like that in reality. (you can't legally bind a kid into a contract without consent of the parents). Maybe in this particular movie universe, contracts are much more powerful or something.

Why did I just get an ad for a nonogram app? Does… does my phone know???

Even if it does it’s way too late. That would have been a better ad to get a week ago.

Does anyone else remember the Eye Toy games? I remember playing it with a bunch of kids in the basement of a girl’s house while the adults were there for Bible study. I thought the window-washing and ghost/zombie graveyard mini-games were fun.

EDIT: I looked it up and it was called EyeToy: Play. The cover art style reminds me of Codename: Kids Next Door lol.

Last edited:
I wish this thread counted towards obtaining bells.

I'd have made bank by now.

Screenshot 2024-08-08 7.42.33 AM.png

I was checking out Animal Crossing Community’s forums. The site is very slow in activity. I hope there is a resurgence in activity for ACC.

And remember when I suggested that the next Animal Crossing game should make TBT references? I would also like to see ACC and Nookazon references in villager dialogue.

I saw that the next Animal Crossing game won't come out until maybe 2026. I really hope that isn't the case and it comes out sooner. Not that I dislike New Horizons, but I just don't find it as interesting as I want it to be. I am still trying to work on my island but its a chore sometimes.

If there was such thing as a virtual hole, I’d crawl in it right now, I’m so embarrassed 😅. I’m anxious I came off rude in a post now when I was being anxious >.<. Sorry if it did come of that way.
I've been kinda spotty with my activity and I don't know the particular post you're referring about, but you're always so sweet and I always enjoy seeing your post content. So I don't think you came across rude in any way.
Guess what today is...
It's apparently national cat day to! 🐱

I saw that the next Animal Crossing game won't come out until maybe 2026. I really hope that isn't the case and it comes out sooner. Not that I dislike New Horizons, but I just don't find it as interesting as I want it to be. I am still trying to work on my island but its a chore sometimes.
I totally get that. I never really bothered decorating or designing until way after the 2021 final update. Before that, I felt uninspired to actually do anything because of the dripfed content. Everyone had the same set-ups. The ironwood kitchenette or whatever? Everything was cottagecore.

I kind of hope it does take them that long or longer. I don't want another NH. I want them to really sit down and go back to the drawing board. City Folk was a financial flop from what I remember. I watched some YT video where they talked about how Nintendo took time to look what worked and didn't and used that as the basis for New Leaf. They need to do the same with NH because it's just such a mixed bag. I don't want dripfeed content anymore either that was awful. You know we were starved for content when people were losing their minds over being able to clip into rivers, pool furniture, and when after 6 months we can finally hold cotton candy.

Last year’s Camp TBT and the journey that the Galaxolotls and Actually Neverminders went through (Observatory -> Cargo Hold -> Bridge) actually reminds me of the Twilight Travels time rift from A Hat In Time, complete with the music and colored stars in the background.

where did you see that?
Nash Weedle had a source that was discussing games for the possible Switch 2. No one even knows when Switch 2 comes out though. Everything is still a mystery but a possible 2026 release date seems reasonable considering its for a new console.

I kind of hope it does take them that long or longer. I don't want another NH. I want them to really sit down and go back to the drawing board.
I agree. They really need to sit down and see the strengths and weaknesses of NH and go from there. Maybe they already know and are working on it for all we know. I also agree that the drip feed content was really in poor taste. I understand the need for DLC content but thats long after a fully-completed game is released. If NH was incomplete, they should've delayed it a bit more....but...they released it during pandemic time and tbh NH helped me go through all of that so I kind of appreciated that timing.

Nash Weedle had a source that was discussing games for the possible Switch 2. No one even knows when Switch 2 comes out though. Everything is still a mystery but a possible 2026 release date seems reasonable considering its for a new console.

I agree. They really need to sit down and see the strengths and weaknesses of NH and go from there. Maybe they already know and are working on it for all we know. I also agree that the drip feed content was really in poor taste. I understand the need for DLC content but thats long after a fully-completed game is released. If NH was incomplete, they should've delayed it a bit more....but...they released it during pandemic time and tbh NH helped me go through all of that so I kind of appreciated that timing.
I'm glad it helped so many during that trying time.

I was overworked, but there wasn't any way I could get unemployment due to my job's status as essential. So I never got the time to actually sit down and enjoy it. And when I did have time I just couldn't be bothered to go through the grind of DIY balloons, farming resources ect. I wanted my time to be more meaningful with what little I had.

On the topic of a complete game, I just realized Nintendo never released a final version. Every NH game is per-launch. I would had thought they would've released a final version. Not everyone has access to download the updates. And I wonder how long it would actually take to download 1.0 to HHP.

Back