• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Pokémon Pokemon General

I didn't even know people still use ST. Hoarde battling is really effective (I believe with Pokerus + Power item it gives 50 EVs per battle). I usually finish in 15 minutes.

I'd use vitamins if I have lots of money but maxed out it only shaves off 4 of 10 battles, I think.

ST isn't as fast, I use the horde method too, but ST is great if you have a pokemon to unlock all the items, especially evo stones.

I personally don't use the vitamins, as I'd rather save my ingame money for breeding Pokemon- especially as I don't have very much. I just use the Horde method.

Oh my I dont even do the horde method. I stick to ST especially when the ev spreads are spread out. I dont even know how to horde battle coz im too comfy with ST. Yikes

- - - Post Merge - - -

I have another question. This one is pretty subjective:

I am foing SR for Giratina coz shes one of my fave pokemon and I know getting 5 IV in the right places let alone 6IV is hard so can I ask advice?

If you were me...would you choose a 4IV in the right stats and the 2 IV remaining sucks or a 3IV at the right stats but the 2IVs are closer to 31. Because during pokemon trades people usually ask how many IVs are 31 and not the entire spread right?

Does anyone still use S.T? i used too but quit because its so time consuming n

now i just have EV training services in the TBT marketplace

Can you guys help me with horde battling? What do you do specifically to get those needed EV?

Use this guide. There's also an X & Y guide if you use that instead.

You're also going to need power items which require grinding at the battle maison or just buying them from people and Pokerus.

What you do is infect the Pokemon you want to train (which doubles the amount of EVs they get per battle) and give them a power item for the stat you want EVs for (give 4 additional EVs depending on which power item it is), then you get someone with sweet scent and go to specific locations where you'll use the move to get into a hoard battle with specific Pokemon. Since there's 5 Pokemon who'll give you 5 EVs (base 1 point + 4EVs from each Pokemon because of the power item) each for a total of 25, you'd end up with 50 because of Pokerus. This is a crud explanation though, so just follow the guide for a more detailed one.

@SeraphicOrder I feel like its one of those things that depends on the pok?mon, like I SR for Suicune who is mostly defensive and got 31/x/31/31/25/31, I thought calm mind will patch up the spl def quick enough, but for my Zekrom he only has 3 perf IVs, but I can't really remember how high his defenses were, but basically I just want him to hit hard and fast as possible, so w/e lol.

Honestly, imo unless you're competing in actual tournaments or you're a perfectionist, having most of them around 25/28 is fine. It's not worth the stress, considering most legendaries outside of all the trios, Heatran and Cress aren't even allowed in official competitive battles. Tho this is coming from someone who SR for a modest Kyogre with 31/x/31/31/28/31 ivs. :p Goodluck tho, I admire people who settle for nothing less than 5/6 IVs.

Thanks for teaching me how to horde battle. I am still one of those guys who ST. It is quite easy to horde battle but I can help calculating my evs especially during spread out evs aside from the 252 252 4 ev spreads.

Yeah I really try to soft reset as much as I can get to get the best pokemon. But I settle with ones that are okay spread out. I got the giratina I wanted with adamant 31 31 31 27 28 31 spread so I was happy with it.

It really bugs me when I dont get good IVs. I dont really compete in tournaments but.. I dont know. Im gonna catch them only once... might as well make the most out of it. Haha

That's an awesome one and yeah I know what you mean tbh, if it's not too much of a torture for you personally, then there's no reason not to go for the best you can. Congrats!

Shiny Rayquaza event that requires a serial code in New Zealand and Australia is live in North America as well. It's available over Mystery Gift via Wifi, so go get.

Shiny Rayquaza event that requires a serial code in New Zealand and Australia is live in North America as well. It's available over Mystery Gift via Wifi, so go get.

Thanks for the info Tom! I'm going to go get mine soon. :)

I've seen from Serebii that UK will get the shiny Rayquaza from August 24th but you have to go to a Smyths store to get it. There are none near me. :C
I think the closest is around a 30-45 minute drive away but that's not in a town center or anywhere, just in a random location ugh.

Got my shiny Rayquaza! It'll probably just be a trophy but whatever. xD

Spoiler for ORAS.

I find it pointless that they're giving us a shiny Rayquaza when you can get a normal one in game. I can't use both. X_X But hey, not complaining I guess. I like how they're giving us more events!

Spoiler for ORAS.

I find it pointless that they're giving us a shiny Rayquaza when you can get a normal one in game. I can't use both. X_X But hey, not complaining I guess. I like how they're giving us more events!

B-cuz es shiny...

Spoiler for ORAS.

i thought rayquaza was shiny locked?

because of the shiny rayquaza event....i now have 3 rayquazas. One from the Jap event (shiny)...the one I caught (normal)... and this one. Go Rayquaza!

Last edited:
Back