• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Pokémon Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet General Discussion

nintendo charging me like £300 for a new console that can't even run its own games decently asdfghjk. not even necessarily just a GF problem, because NH has its own problems with frame-rate drops and lag.
You're definitely right, and of course 'the switch version' of any non Nintendo game is usually the crappier version. When a switch game runs well, it's a miracle and that's sad.

I have to work tomorrow but thankfully I get off early so I can play Violet in the afternoon and evening. This looks to be a fun game for the most part. Instead of trying to get to the post game as fast as possible I'm going to take it slow like I did with Legends Arceus. I'll be choosing Quaxly of course. I heard that the starters are shiny locked so I'll just try to SR for Jolly.

I hear that, I'm currently playing through Pokémon Blue. But the sprite for Squirtle looks awful. But to be fair it was the first Pokémon... anything! So, I'm ok with it.
I give the games some leeway with flaws since they are the very first games in the series but Pidgey was just an ordinary bird and Koffing is basically upside down. And don’t even get me started with Golbat. It’s just hard to want to play the games because of the graphics.

I give the games some leeway with flaws since they are the very first games in the series but Pidgey was just an ordinary bird and Koffing is basically upside down. And don’t even get me started with Golbat. It’s just hard to want to play the games because of the graphics.
Unpopular opinion but Pokemon Red/Blue haven't aged well and there's no reason to play them, unless you want that nostalgia kick. I don't have that nostalgia connection to those games so I guess that's why I feel this way but I'd rather just play FR/LG.

So who else has a digital copy pre-ordered and is playing at Midnight on Thursday, technically Friday? I hope it lets us, lol.

Edit: Also, yessssssss! You can have blue hair in this game! I’m going to the salon ASAP.

Yeah, I'm playing as soon as it releases at midnight. Also going to play through pretty quickly. :giggle:

nintendo charging me like £300 for a new console that can't even run its own games decently asdfghjk. not even necessarily just a GF problem, because NH has its own problems with frame-rate drops and lag.
Yes. The think with NH though, the lag didn't really show until more updates were added. And I feel like NH STILL runs well for a Nintendo game on the Switch compared to other Nintendo games that have been made for the Switch that were released. I was watching my spouse play some other Nintendo games on his Switch (docked) and was surprised at how much it lagged because I was use to seeing NH.
The lag problem for it's own games and the cost of Nintendo things with that, is what pushed me to move to Steam.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
imo they need to hire someone else to make their consoles/handhelds and then they can continue to make games for those. They just can't handle the gaming market much anymore. Seriously, if it wasn't for their exclusives, many people would have gotten the games on other consoles instead. Nintendo having people locked by their nostalgia has helped them survive if you ask me.
Idk if I can find it, but I recently read somewhere that Nintendo started a new partnership with some company to study something about hardware servers. If I can find it, I'll come back here. Anywho, it was only a few sentences long and made me think of VR or that they are thinking about building hardware for something else that's already established.
So I looked and I finally found it. So it was a PDF that was released from Nintendo about their partnership with DeNA on Nov 8, 2022.
The Section in the PDF was titled:
Notice of Establishment of Joint Venture Company with DeNA Co., Ltd. and added as a Specified Subsidiary
And the statement was I heard from this was, bold lettering was added by me:
Based on the expertise accumulated over the seven plus years and the experience of co-developing multiple services based on Nintendo Account, Nintendo and DeNA will advance their partnership and establish a joint venture company. With the objective to strengthen the digitalization of Nintendo's business, the joint venture company will research and develop, as well as create value-added services to further reinforce Nintendo’s relationship with consumers.
Further reading about this section of the PDF can be found: https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2022/221108_4e.pdf

While looking for this information, I did run into other interesting things about Nintendo such as an NVIDA leak about Tegra239 chip.

Yes. The think with NH though, the lag didn't really show until more updates were added. And I feel like NH STILL runs well for a Nintendo game on the Switch compared to other Nintendo games that have been made for the Switch that were released. I was watching my spouse play some other Nintendo games on his Switch (docked) and was surprised at how much it lagged because I was use to seeing NH.
The lag problem for it's own games and the cost of Nintendo things with that, is what pushed me to move to Steam.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

So I looked and I finally found it. So it was a PDF that was released from Nintendo about their partnership with DeNA on Nov 8, 2022.
The Section in the PDF was titled:

And the statement was I heard from this was, bold lettering was added by me:

Further reading about this section of the PDF can be found: https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2022/221108_4e.pdf

While looking for this information, I did run into other interesting things about Nintendo such as an NVIDA leak about Tegra239 chip.
Oh! Isn't DeNA the company that's partnered with Nintendo for ACPC, that FE mobile game, and the Mario Kart one?

I'm trapped because I enjoy handhelds in the sense that I like to play it wherever I want and bring it on the go so I'm stuck with the switch until another option comes out. I know the Steam Deck is a thing but it's still kinda in the testing stage from what I've read as not all games run on it yet. Plus I like AC and Pokemon, though Pokemon is in the dumps so I've basically ditched that. I'm trying to ditch Nintendo so I can hop to the 21st century lol.
edit: I'm aware that a handheld won't have as good of graphics as a console but it shouldn't lag the way it does.

Oh! Isn't DeNA the company that's partnered with Nintendo for ACPC, that FE mobile game, and the Mario Kart one?

I'm trapped because I enjoy handhelds in the sense that I like to play it wherever I want and bring it on the go so I'm stuck with the switch until another option comes out. I know the Steam Deck is a thing but it's still kinda in the testing stage from what I've read as not all games run on it yet. Plus I like AC and Pokemon, though Pokemon is in the dumps so I've basically ditched that. I'm trying to ditch Nintendo so I can hop to the 21st century lol.
edit: I'm aware that a handheld won't have as good of graphics as a console but it shouldn't lag the way it does.
Yes they started a partnership with them in 2015 for mobile games, but they took the partnership to a whole other level this month.
Idk if they were involved with ACPC but I do know they were for sure with the Mario Kart and I think even a couple of pokemon games. idk.
The Steam Deck has been working really well for me once they sent me a new one and I got the updates on it. Most games from the Steam store run on it.

Yes they started a partnership with them in 2015 for mobile games, but they took the partnership to a whole other level this month.
Idk if they were involved with ACPC but I do know they were for sure with the Mario Kart and I think even a couple of pokemon games. idk.
The Steam Deck has been working really well for me once they sent me a new one and I got the updates on it. Most games from the Steam store run on it.
Interesting! I wonder if they'll move to the mobile market more. I'm not sure how well those games are doing profit wise for Nintendo but it would be really interesting to see. I can't see them stopping video games yet as they're still making loads of money. Perhaps they'll just grow and do both?

Interesting! I wonder if they'll move to the mobile market more. I'm not sure how well those games are doing profit wise for Nintendo but it would be really interesting to see. I can't see them stopping video games yet as they're still making loads of money. Perhaps they'll just grow and do both?
I know they won't back off of mobile games. That is something they rope most people in with because most people have a phone. Buying a console is not needed. But the thing with phones is that accessories can be made to work with the phones. Whether it is about gimmick, a device that uses the phone as the core, or a headset(which i guess is still a gimmick).

just saw how much the game lags on its own hardware, and i... how do you justify that from a company that's been making games for this long, like? of course the switch (or at least the lite) is ridiculously limited as is, but this is clearly a nintendo/gf issue and not a hardware one because i still remember my 3DS having an aneurysm trying to run double battles in USUM. how do you not learn/improve from this?
It's even more ridiculous when you remember they're the highest grossing game franchise on the planet and they simply won't hire more staff. It's actually maddening

It's even more ridiculous when you remember they're the highest grossing game franchise on the planet and they simply won't hire more staff. It's actually maddening
that's one of my problems with dexit. their excuse, iirc, was that they would need to remodel all the pokemon, and i'm like... you make more than enough money to hire a couple of extra animators for this, like-

that's one of my problems with dexit. their excuse, iirc, was that they would need to remodel all the pokemon, and i'm like... you make more than enough money to hire a couple of extra animators for this, like-
Even if they don't want to hire more people to remodel all the pokemon, if they moved to a mobile or pc platform for pokemon instead of a console that is lacking in power, they could make the models, and not have to remake them over and over. They could just add on over time to that one game. And, impo one of the best things about this, is that you won't have 10 million chanseys to fill a chansey role 10 million times. They can move on to more interesting pokemon or pokemon for other uses... plus you could play in a guild or something.

Didn't they just reuse models from SM anyway in the end? I believe that's why people were so mad.

Getting my physical copy of Scarlet tomorrow. I won’t be able to play it until the end of the day due to work. Gone are the days of playing new releases at midnight…

Regardless I’m really looking forward to it. :)

Getting my physical copy of Scarlet tomorrow. I won’t be able to play it until the end of the day due to work. Gone are the days of playing new releases at midnight…

Regardless I’m really looking forward to it. :)
I have the digital copy of Violet so I can play at midnight, however I do also work both of my jobs on Friday, so I feel you.

I’m going to be up late playing this today (at midnight).

I have the digital copy of Violet so I can play at midnight, however I do also work both of my jobs on Friday, so I feel you.

I’m going to be up late playing this today (at midnight).
I have the Violet digital copy too and plan on staying up late so I can at least get my starter. It kind of sucks that the release is midnight because I also have to work tomorrow. I have to now avoid most Pokemon related sites and channels like Serebii because of the massive coverage. I hate working on release 😮‍💨

I see people have already uploaded the ending to ScarVi... It's on Youtube and I -think- some people are cross posting it to Twitter, as a heads up for anyone trying to avoid those types of spoilers.

My physical copy (and the freebie!) arrives tomorrow, but luckily, I have that day free anyway. I was going to grab Violet, but in the end, I went with Scarlet after seeing the exclusive list. If anyone with Violet wants to trade-back the legendary/legendaries (haven't checked how many they are), let me know.

If anyone with Violet wants to trade-back the legendary/legendaries (haven't checked how many they are), let me know.
I may want a Deino for a Hydreigon so I'll let you know when I want it.

Also, if anyone needs to evolve Finizen into Palafin my game is open for co-op.

Back