• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Pokémon Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet General Discussion

I’m having to force myself to get through this introductory area. The start feels so slower

Just earned my fourth gym badge from Iono! :D

NIyKNXh.jpg

Halfway through having all the gym badges now. I'm going to do some special training before taking on the next gym. Want to try and get my starter to its fully evolved form. : P

Just earned my fourth gym badge from Iono! :D

NIyKNXh.jpg

Halfway through having all the gym badges now. I'm going to do some special training before taking on the next gym. Want to try and get my starter to its fully evolved form. : P
bruh ur just flyin lmaooo 💀

I still have some stuff to do but I'm gonna start my recording of my Violet playthrough soon! 😁💜

I played around with the camera feature while playing together with my niece and it's pretty cute!

5UFLM0J.jpg

Last edited:
Got my copy. Was 16 mins late getting back to work from lunch break due to traffic but at least I beat the snowstorm. Now I just need to finish out a few more hours at work before I can finally get home and catch some Mons.

I beat the Grass gym, Flying Titan and Dark Team Star leader. Currently trying to SR for Timid or Modest Gimmighoul in the desert. The sand doesnt make it easy. At least I have Nuzzle Pawmot

I plan to get this game pretty soon and I'm absolutely picking the grass kitty. 🌿🐈
Without spoiling anything, can anyone tell me what sort of attacker she is? I'm picky about natures so I'll likely be resetting for good natured female for awhile. She'll be the center of how I build my team. Also I'm getting Violet cause 💜💜💜 purple. (Why did it take so long to get purple themed game?) 😾

I finally got my copy today and currently going through the beginning right now. Not sure which path I will take first. I kind of want to go exploring first.

hm, maybe it's just me, but this game just... isn't speaking to me? the same way all the others i've played have. the lag/frame-rate/pop-in issues are really noticeable, as is how empty things feel. (i feel like we took a step forward with the dlc wild areas and even pla, then taken one back?) being able to decide your appearance before starting is great! but then they removed the option to be a redhead (but you can have every other colour of the rainbow? okay.) and all the hairstyles are meh; there's only one long one, and i personally find it ugly. so, i don't feel like myself? Swsh only had bright red hair, but it had good hairstyles; pla was the other way around, and both had much better clothing customization than what i've seen so far.

similarly, i just... it's great that there's no stated gender, iirc, but as a girl who likes to look feminine, the fact that my character looks so boyish with the shorts, shortish hair and weird frame/figure is also putting me off. it would help if there was a skirt as an option for the uniform. (maybe there is later on?) idk. i played the last two games nonstop, but i put this one down within an hour and left it for several more.

it's weird. also the shops in the city ??? if i can't enter them, why does it keep zooming me into the glass lmao what-

Woo! My copies just got here! I’ll be starting with Violet. Open to playing with people when I make it past the intro, if anyone wants to play!

I knew the game had performance issues, and that they were going to be bad, but the glitches that are on twitter are insane and worse than I would have guessed.
I do think it is a combination of both the hardware and GameFreak devs. Little Town Hero was on Switch and ran much better, however it was only 2.8 GB instead of 7GB.

I started my game. I didn’t make it too far. I’m taking my time and waiting to obtain a few Pokémon I like from a friend before I progress. It should be within a day or two.

just reached the main city, and i have to say... the lag is embarrassingly bad. like, i get a good two second pause before every battle and wild encounter, and the frame-rate of npcs even slightly in the distance is awful asdfghjk.

I was planning on picking up the game on Sunday with my boyfriend, but after witnessing the frame rate choppiness for myself... I'm not so sure how I feel anymore. I looked up a video to see the hair/face customization, and while the Youtuber's character was in the city I saw a person and a Pokemon walking around in the distance and it was seriously like stop-motion. We were shocked. I haven't seen anything this bad in a long time. I had heard that the framerate was lacking, but... dang. There's actually no excuse that a Switch game should perform this badly.

I can commiserate as well with wanting to look more feminine. Maybe it will be different by end game with more customization choices (a skirt probably would help at least a little), but the default frame/figure does seem to tend toward the boyish, especially with the school uniform.

hm, maybe it's just me, but this game just... isn't speaking to me? the same way all the others i've played have. the lag/frame-rate/pop-in issues are really noticeable, as is how empty things feel. (i feel like we took a step forward with the dlc wild areas and even pla, then taken one back?) being able to decide your appearance before starting is great! but then they removed the option to be a redhead (but you can have every other colour of the rainbow? okay.) and all the hairstyles are meh; there's only one long one, and i personally find it ugly. so, i don't feel like myself? Swsh only had bright red hair, but it had good hairstyles; pla was the other way around, and both had much better clothing customization than what i've seen so far.

similarly, i just... it's great that there's no stated gender, iirc, but as a girl who likes to look feminine, the fact that my character looks so boyish with the shorts, shortish hair and weird frame/figure is also putting me off. it would help if there was a skirt as an option for the uniform. (maybe there is later on?) idk. i played the last two games nonstop, but i put this one down within an hour and left it for several more.

it's weird. also the shops in the city ??? if i can't enter them, why does it keep zooming me into the glass lmao what-
I feel the same. Been plying a couple hours and tbh I’m not really enjoying it. I was going to do a nuzlocke but can’t be bothered.

I lobbed my pokeball across a cliff and now I’ve opened up the whole mad without even stepping foot in the big city at the start. My starter is already like level 30 and I’ve not even got to a gym yet 😔

I finished beating Fire Team Star and Iono and am now in the mines wondering if I should keep playing. I've beaten 4 Gym Leaders, 2 Titans and 2 Team Star leaders. My character is blankly looking in the direction of the red worm Titan and now that I've burnt myself out for today I can say the negatives.

Ok...the amount of restaurants in the cities you cant even enter is starting to get ridiculous. The amount of nothingness in this game makes BoTW look like a masterpiece. The Korok puzzles are a lot more fun than finding the Roaming Gimmighouls. Some NPCs cant even be interacted with. You can definitely tell this game was rushed. The story is great especially with Arven, but with no level scaling everything just feels easy difficulty wise.

I feel the same. Been plying a couple hours and tbh I’m not really enjoying it. I was going to do a nuzlocke but can’t be bothered.

I lobbed my pokeball across a cliff and now I’ve opened up the whole mad without even stepping foot in the big city at the start. My starter is already like level 30 and I’ve not even got to a gym yet 😔
i enjoy the game a lot but i really have to agree with the lag and espeially the customization! also the clothing will not get better unfortunatly since the uniforms are the only options. you can only change hat, shoes, socks etc but thats it :c the hair salon has some more hairstyles (pigtails for example) but also no open long hair :/
ive got the game a day early and i think im halfway trough the story now and my game crashed twice. the crashes and how slow the boxes load are the worst parts for me tbh i hope they do a performance patch soon

I just got a Shiny, and as far as I can tell there's no audio indicator before the encounter?

I didn't even know it was a shiny, I just ran into it because it was a cute little pink 'mon.
yeah, i heard there's zero audio indicator which is dumb as hell considering how garbage some shiny designs are.

i enjoy the game a lot but i really have to agree with the lag and espeially the customization! also the clothing will not get better unfortunatly since the uniforms are the only options. you can only change hat, shoes, socks etc but thats it :c the hair salon has some more hairstyles (pigtails for example) but also no open long hair :/
ive got the game a day early and i think im halfway trough the story now and my game crashed twice. the crashes and how slow the boxes load are the worst parts for me tbh i hope they do a performance patch soon
the fact that you can't even change the colour of the winter coat like ??? man, it's ugly as hell, why- and all the hats i've seen look awful because my hair option clips through it and they don't rest on the head properly. no joke i would've sacrificed the map size for better customization lmao that's Way more important to me ajfkdkska

Back