• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Pokémon Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet General Discussion

I get that it coincides with Pokemon Day, but come on... I'm so tired of Pikachu being inserted into final-evolution events.

Raichu is way better imho. Although I guess we're now just waiting for the Mighty Eevee event at this point.

LOL, my shiny level 100 Eelektross could dominate this probably. 😂
I was thinking Amoonguss since it'll probably have L-rod, but yeah just about anything not weak to Electric will work.

Guess I'll take a break for this event.
I usually try to lately I have not been motivated for these.
The Greninja one, I ended up getting one from someone rather than catching it myself. I just did not want to keep grinding and leveling up Pokemon to get it.

Thoughts on the new Pokemon Presents:

1. I like both Walking Wake and Iron Leaves. Walking Wake is making me feel tempted to get Scarlet. I'm not in a financial position to get it so I'm fine with Iron Blade. I'm just a little disappointed it looks too similar to Virizion.

2. The DLC looks amazing!
pokemon-dlc-reveal.jpg

Anyone who preorders will get a H-Zoroark and new clothing (definitely will be preordering)

Ogerpon looks cool but the 3 other new mons (Okidogi, Munkidori, and Fezandipiti) look ridiculous. I like the third legendary Terapagos and but it feels a little overdesigned with all the types on its shell. Its also sort of a confirmation that will we no longer get any new types (which I greatly appreciate)

3. Returning new mons
In each of the DLCs will be the return of old mons just like in the SwSh games (why must Metagross always be in the 2nd one?!) More mons means more fun so I'm looking forward to that.

4. Pokemon Sleep
It looks interesting to say the least. I'll look forward to see which type of sleep I have. Maybe it will help me improve my sleep?

Thoughts on the new Pokemon Presents:

1. I like both Walking Wake and Iron Leaves. Walking Wake is making me feel tempted to get Scarlet. I'm not in a financial position to get it so I'm fine with Iron Blade. I'm just a little disappointed it looks too similar to Virizion.

2. The DLC looks amazing!View attachment 485394
Anyone who preorders will get a H-Zoroark and new clothing (definitely will be preordering)

Ogerpon looks cool but the 3 other new mons (Okidogi, Munkidori, and Fezandipiti) look ridiculous. I like the third legendary Terapagos and but it feels a little overdesigned with all the types on its shell. Its also sort of a confirmation that will we no longer get any new types (which I greatly appreciate)

3. Returning new mons
In each of the DLCs will be the return of old mons just like in the SwSh games (why must Metagross always be in the 2nd one?!) More mons means more fun so I'm looking forward to that.

4. Pokemon Sleep
It looks interesting to say the least. I'll look forward to see which type of sleep I have. Maybe it will help me improve my sleep?
Ok so I assume the 3 other new mons are passed off phrases...

Okidogi being Dog + Okey Dokey
Monkidori being Monkey + Hunky Dory

I can't for the life of me figure out what Fezandipiti is meant to be though
Post automatically merged:

I SUSSED IT. SERENDIPITY + PHEASANT

I'm very excited for the new pokemon event, and for the DLC. I'm sad that we have to wait until the end of the year essentially for it but it gives me something to look forward to.

Excited for the DLC and Preordered it as well.
Im glad Whimsicott is coming back along with Dewgong :)

Not sure about Sleep though. I'm probably not going to get it.

Kind of a boring Presents but the DLC does look quite amazing and out of the ordinary for a mainline game I feel like. I'm especially excited for the 2nd part, that underwater facility looks incredible and the fluffy turtle is a must get for me. I'm also super happy to have Chimecho and Dewgong back!!!

Oooh, DLC, yes please! I’m almost finished with the main story line in Violet, and only slightly behind in Scarlet. Thanks for posting the info!

Here's my thoughts about the Pokémon Presents from this morning.

Don't really care about the TCG or competitive Pokémon anymore. I will say though that it is weird that this is the first time the championships are being hosted in Japan. Like how is that even possible? The Pokémon company usually prioritizes Japan above everything else.

Moving on, in my opinion, all of the Pokémon mobile games are trash, cash grabs and I'm not interested in them, Pokémon Masters is Genshin impact clone, Pokémon unite is a League of Legends clone.

Pokémon Sleep is a weird gimmick for Pokémon that was way too late getting out the door. There's already so many devices that track your sleep nowadays. It's not nearly as innovative as they're making it out to be. Pokémon go Plus Plus is a stupid name and it feels like they should do a pedometer thing with it too. if you're going to be carrying it around with you like the PokéWalker. Not to mention how bulky it is and the big button that's probably going to keep getting hit in your pocket or bag.

As for the scarlet and Violet DLC, I think it is too expensive and it's dumb that you had to buy it individually for both copies if you have both Scarlet and Violet. I didn't see them mention a difference between the versions, akin to how sword and shield's DLC had Avery versus Klara, so that's unfortunate. I like the look of all of the new legendary Pokémon though. The terra type symbols on the turtle remind me of the talismans from Jackie Chan Adventures, and Ogrepon is totally a Skull Kid, I like them both a lot. For the guardian looking guys, I love their naming conventions Okie dokie, hunky dory, and serendipity. They're all hilarious and all of their designs are really solid. We got a green dog furry, Kubo's mom in monkey form, and the crane from Kung Fu Panda. You love to see it.

As for the pre-order bonuses, Hisuian zoroark out of nowhere is a weird choice. It reminds me of the zoroark event in black and white and makes me miss when they gave us a storyline to go along with gift Pokémon like this. Pretty tired of just redeeming event Pokémon and not having a location in the game built-in to go find them and catch them yourself.

All of the new uniforms are terrible, just as the ones we already had were. All of Violet's uniforms look better than scarlet's, which is unfortunate because Scarlet is my main game. The backpack's pretty cute though. I guess I'll probably use that.

Also, one more thing I wanted to mention they didn't say the exact date of when the DLC is coming out, but the pre-order bonus ends on October 31st so I have a feeling
the fall DLC is going to come out November 1st.
Post automatically merged:

Oh I forgot to mention Walking Wake and Iron Leaves.
I like them both. I prefer walking wake, Suicune has always been one of my favorite legendaries so that's no surprise. Iron leaves is all right. I like it better than Verizion, though I'll be honest, I'm not a huge fan of most of the future form Pokémon. I would love it if game freak would let us get walking wake and iron leaves as shinies but they don't like doing that anymore. >>

Last edited:
All of the new uniforms are terrible, just as the ones we already had were. All of Violet's uniforms look better than scarlet's, which is unfortunate because Scarlet is my main game.

Ugh...don't get me started on this.

Literally bought Violet over Scarlet because the clothing choices were SLIGHTLY more tolerable. Kind of a decision I've been regretting, since I genuinely prefer the Pokemon in Scarlet after having time to think about things.

Ugh...don't get me started on this.

Literally bought Violet over Scarlet because the clothing choices were SLIGHTLY more tolerable. Kind of a decision I've been regretting, since I genuinely prefer the Pokemon in Scarlet after having time to think about things.
I did the exact same and fully regret getting violet over Scarlett. The more I've played I prefer Koraidon or Miraidon and all the paradox forms in Scarlett are way more tolerable to me than in Violet. Iron Leaves just pales in comparison to the Walking Wake. I was hoping it would be more of a fusion between the Swords of Justice but it really is just Robo Virizion...

My family gifted me the Dual Pack of Scarlet & Violet for my last birthday. At first I was super excited. I played through Violet and had a lot of fun. Now I'm working on Scarlet (which is NOT actually scarlet - it's orange) and I'm struggling. I was super excited to hear about the new DLC coming - until I realized I would have to buy it for each version. Yeah, that's not happening. At $36 USD each I don't have the money for both plus I don't want to fall into the same rut I'm in now. I'm going to order it for Violet and be done.

Iron Leaves just pales in comparison to the Walking Wake. I was hoping it would be more of a fusion between the Swords of Justice but it really is just Robo Virizion...

Well...I just realized you can get both of them anyway. I literally just caught Walking Wake in Violet and I'm currently trying to get Iron Leaves. So far, Iron Leaves is giving me a lot more trouble...which was unexpected.

*Edit: got both now.

Trying to come up with a nickname for Walking Wake now...because I hate the generic names they gave these creatures. Want it to be something connected to Suicune, obviously...but also dragon-esque. Hmmm...

Last edited:
Well...I just realized you can get both of them anyway. I literally just caught Walking Wake in Violet and I'm currently trying to get Iron Leaves. So far, Iron Leaves is giving me a lot more trouble...which was unexpected.

Trying to come up with a nickname for Walking Wake now...because I hate the generic names they gave these creatures. Want it to be something connected to Suicune, obviously...but also dragon-esque. Hmmm...
I named mine "Alan Wake" lol

Ah that's very good to know! I wasn't fully focused on the direct when I watched it so assumed they were version exclusives. I didn't they were out already either. Will try and get them both later I think

Back