• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Pokémon Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet General Discussion

Greninja will be going live soon, if not already. I'm thinking of using SD Gastrodon for this. It draws in Water moves and raising SpAtk, effectively neutering its Water typing with Ability Shield. Has Recover, Clear Smog and Amnesia, which is invaluable as support. Has Earth Power as its offensive move. Ground tera is the most useful type since Gastrodon will be running SD. I'm surprised so far how many Water types have been effective in the event raids. When we get Grass starters I'll assume other mons will be used. Hopefully we'll get news of the DLC on Pokemon Day next month. Performance issues still run amok in my game so maybe there will be another update soon.

Greninja will be going live soon, if not already. I'm thinking of using SD Gastrodon for this. It draws in Water moves and raising SpAtk, effectively neutering its Water typing with Ability Shield. Has Recover, Clear Smog and Amnesia, which is invaluable as support. Has Earth Power as its offensive move. Ground tera is the most useful type since Gastrodon will be running SD. I'm surprised so far how many Water types have been effective in the event raids. When we get Grass starters I'll assume other mons will be used. Hopefully we'll get news of the DLC on Pokemon Day next month. Performance issues still run amok in my game so maybe there will be another update soon.

Storm Drain Gastrodon sounds like a great idea for this raid! I was thinking about using either Eelektross or Forretress, but SD Gastrodon actually sounds perfect to be honest. Not sure why I didn't think of that considering gen 4 is my favorite generation.

Storm Drain Gastrodon sounds like a great idea for this raid! I was thinking about using either Eelektross or Forretress, but SD Gastrodon actually sounds perfect to be honest. Not sure why I didn't think of that considering gen 4 is my favorite generation.
Yes, Gastrodon is really good! Raised this one today. Havent EV trained it though
Untitled31_20230126185243.png

Not sure if Greninja will be a pure special attacker but since its SpAtk is higher than its Atk its just a guess. The problem with Gastrodon is if every member uses it. If the AI detects it cant use Water types it will spam its other moves. The goal is to have other hard hitting mons, like Tyranitar and Kingambit, not worry about Water moves and take in Dark and or Poison resists. I only have Clear Smog on here in the event GF decides to give Greninja Nasty Plot like they did with Hydreigon last gen.

Got it! It has Protean, but it has a Sassy nature which is like the opposite nature I want it have 😑 Anyway, it was a mixed attacker but Gastrodon got it done cuz its a boss.
Untitled32_20230126194232.png

Instead of Ability Shield I used Covert Cloak so it doesnt get poisoned by Gunk Shot. Ground tera worked great, especially after some SpAtk boosts from Greninjas Hydro Pump.
Untitled33_20230126194317.png

Ended up getting a Froakie from another player. I forgot to do a build and when I realized I didn't have any EXP Candies, I decided I didn't have the time to grind to level up. And I didn't think I had a good enough Pokemon already. Perhaps I'll find time before the next round.

I did it! I beat the Greninja raid using support Lucario. Basically just spammed Life Dew so that my teammates could get set up, and then we took it out. :giggle:

3cBWBzL.jpg

ioQp40k.jpg

c3NSkCz.jpg

SQ0Smk7.jpg

s2lYPN9.jpg

yN58X8Z.jpg

MM8z7Qa.jpg

VIewtSe.jpg

Forcing myself to do the three evolutions you get by using the "Let's Go" feature. (One down...two more to go). - Definitely a chore that I haven't enjoyed doing. It really only takes a few minutes of walking in a circle...but still very tedious.

Forcing myself to do the three evolutions you get by using the "Let's Go" feature. (One down...two more to go). - Definitely a chore that I haven't enjoyed doing. It really only takes a few minutes of walking in a circle...but still very tedious.
I only have Rascab left to get in both games and Brambleghast in Violet

I usually go back and forth on Alfornadas main street two times and my step mons always evolve. Got multiple of Pawmots, Rabscas and Brambleghasts that way.

I usually go back and forth on Alfornadas main street two times and my step mons always evolve. Got multiple of Pawmots, Rabscas and Brambleghasts that way.
I did that to my Rellor for ten minutes nonstop and it still refuses to evolve.

I did that to my Rellor for ten minutes nonstop and it still refuses to evolve.
I am always successful when I crouch while walk. I always keep Pawmo, Rellor or Bramblin out of the ball and with my pace while I walk. Once I go two laps I level them up with a M or L experience candy and I get the evolution. Its actually a very easy evolution method. One which I hope they come back to in future games.

That method of evolution is awful. I spent ages trying to evolve my Bramblin. Then, when I did accumulate enough steps, I accidentally pressed the B button (my fault, wasn't paying attention to the screen, thought it was another one evolving since I didn't have an Everstone for them - they were placed after Bramblin, something I forgot about).

....Awful. Mistake. Pressing the B button results in all of your steps being lost, and you have to start again from scratch. I don't know who thought that would be a good idea.

I don't really understand why Pawmot is one of the three anyway. Like...Rabscas and Brambleghast are a dung beetle and a tumble weed. They both "roll". Pawmot is just a little dude. It's almost like they made two of them evolve with this technique and then they were like "We should probably have a third. Just make it the little mouse thing." :LOL: I GUESS the implication is that its fur stores static built up by running around? Bit of a stretch.

Last edited:
I don't really understand why Pawmot is one of the three anyway. Like...Rabscas and Brumbleghast are a dung beetle and a tumble weed. They both "roll". Pawmot is just a little dude. It's almost like they made two of them evolve with this technique and then they were like "We should probably have a third. Just make it the little mouse thing." :LOL: I GUESS the implication is that its fur stores static built up by running around? Bit of a stretch.
I do agree that its a stretch that Pawmo evolves while walking with you. I guess its "training" since its also a Fighting type. Pawmo also sounds close to Lets Go so there's that possibility too. If I was a kid I would be mystified how the three LetsGo mons evolve. There isnt even an NPC that I'm aware of that even mentions this evo method. I also noticed that Pawmot and Rabsca are the only mons that can learn Revival Blessing. Revival Blessing is a pretty broken move so thankfully it can only be used once.

I didn't realize that it was somewhat hard. I just went to the Player's House and just slowly walked to the closest poke stop that is just outside the area of the school. Seems to work every time. I didn't think it took long either.

It's not hard at all...just kind of..."bothersome" for certain types of people, IMO.

I really don't like repetition for the sake of repetition.

Patch 1.2 announced.
Here is a list of fixes and adjustments taken from Serebii:

Feature Adjustments
Additional functionality will be added for Pokémon Boxes:
From a Pokémon's summary, players will be able to change Pokémon's nicknames, markings, held items, and mark- or Ribbon-related titles, as well as being able to reorder moves, have Pokémon remember moves, have Pokémon forget moves, and use TMs.
Players will be able to swap out held items by pressing the Y Button when in the Held Items view.
Players will be able to select All Boxes while moving Pokémon or items in the Party and Boxes view and Held Items view.
When in the Battle Team view, Pokémon in your Boxes that are assigned to a Battle Team will now have their icons displayed in a darker hue if those Pokémon are members of the Battle Team that is currently being displayed.

Bug Fixes
Tera Raid Battles
- A bug that can prevent an opposing Tera Pokémon's HP gauge from properly reflecting damage done by certain moves (such as Play Rough) or certain status conditions may occur in Tera Raid Battles, resulting in the Tera Pokémon's HP gauge fluctuating in an unusual manner. This will be fixed.
- A bug that causes all Pokémon on your side to faint at once despite their HP gauges indicating that they still have HP may occur in black crystal Tera Raid Battles against Pokémon with the Mightiest Mark. This will be fixed.
- A bug that can temporarily prevent a player from entering any input into the game may occur if a Tera Pokémon takes certain actions while the player is choosing the target of their move. This will be fixed.
- Errors may occur when someone connecting to a Tera Raid Battle sees a different Pokémon displayed on their screen than what the host sees. This will be fixed.
- A bug may occur that causes players joining a Tera Raid Battle from the Tera Raid Battles search screen to be brought to a Tera Raid Battle against a Pokémon different from the one they saw displayed. This will be fixed.
- A bug that causes Tera Raid Battle crystals to not appear for a set amount of time may occur under certain circumstances. This will be fixed.

Battles
- Type matchups against Pokémon that have fainted will no longer appear when selecting a move or target during Double Battles.
- A Zoroark that has Terastallized and is disguised as another Pokémon via its Illusion Ability can be identified as a Zoroark by using the Check Target option. This is a bug and will be fixed.
- When a Zoroark has Terastallized and is disguised as another Pokémon via its Illusion Ability, the type matchups of moves are displayed based on the type of the Pokémon that Zoroark is disguised as, rather than Zoroark's Tera Type. This is a bug and will be fixed.
- The stats of a Dondozo with a Tatsugiri in its mouth will increase when Dondozo uses Order Up, even when the move should have been negated (for example, by an opponent using Protect). This is a bug and will be fixed.
- If a Pokémon Terastallizes after using Destiny Bond and then faints, the effects of Destiny Bond will fail to activate. This is a bug and will be fixed.

Other
- We will address an issue that can cause the game to forcibly close at certain locations. As a result of this fix, there may be a reduction of Pokémon and people displayed in certain towns or in the wild.
- When a Pokémon that is not a part of the Paldea Pokédex is obtained through a Link Trade, it is displayed as being registered to the Paldea Pokédex. This is a bug and will be fixed.
Certain actions can cause the main character's expressions to not change until the game is closed and reopened. This will be fixed.
- A bug occurred for some players after Ranked Battles Season 1, wherein visiting the Ranked Battles screen immediately after the season's results had been calculated caused an error right after these players received their rewards. Following this error, players were unable to participate in any further Ranked Battles. This will be fixed.
- If a player has created several Battle Teams but does not use the Battle Team in the first slot for their Ranked Battles, they may not receive the Master Rank Ribbon after winning --Ranked Battles in the Master Ball Tier. This will be fixed.
- When a Pokémon you caught comes back to you from another player through Link Trade, it may not listen to your commands in accordance with what is written in the profile app ("Pokémon caught at Lv. XX or below will listen to your commands"). This will be fixed.
- A bug is preventing the Pokédex from displaying additional entries (such as entries for Shiny Pokémon or Pokémon that were received through Surprise Trade from players that play in a different language) for Pokémon species that were already registered in the Pokédex. This will be fixed.
- Objects such as Poké Balls may be displayed in certain locations of the field unintentionally. This will be fixed.
- Passersbys will no longer be displayed during certain battles that take place in towns during the main story.

Patch 1.2 announced.
Here is a list of fixes and adjustments taken from Serebii:

Feature Adjustments
Additional functionality will be added for Pokémon Boxes:
From a Pokémon's summary, players will be able to change Pokémon's nicknames, markings, held items, and mark- or Ribbon-related titles, as well as being able to reorder moves, have Pokémon remember moves, have Pokémon forget moves, and use TMs.
Players will be able to swap out held items by pressing the Y Button when in the Held Items view.
Players will be able to select All Boxes while moving Pokémon or items in the Party and Boxes view and Held Items view.
When in the Battle Team view, Pokémon in your Boxes that are assigned to a Battle Team will now have their icons displayed in a darker hue if those Pokémon are members of the Battle Team that is currently being displayed.

Bug Fixes
Tera Raid Battles
- A bug that can prevent an opposing Tera Pokémon's HP gauge from properly reflecting damage done by certain moves (such as Play Rough) or certain status conditions may occur in Tera Raid Battles, resulting in the Tera Pokémon's HP gauge fluctuating in an unusual manner. This will be fixed.
- A bug that causes all Pokémon on your side to faint at once despite their HP gauges indicating that they still have HP may occur in black crystal Tera Raid Battles against Pokémon with the Mightiest Mark. This will be fixed.
- A bug that can temporarily prevent a player from entering any input into the game may occur if a Tera Pokémon takes certain actions while the player is choosing the target of their move. This will be fixed.
- Errors may occur when someone connecting to a Tera Raid Battle sees a different Pokémon displayed on their screen than what the host sees. This will be fixed.
- A bug may occur that causes players joining a Tera Raid Battle from the Tera Raid Battles search screen to be brought to a Tera Raid Battle against a Pokémon different from the one they saw displayed. This will be fixed.
- A bug that causes Tera Raid Battle crystals to not appear for a set amount of time may occur under certain circumstances. This will be fixed.

Battles
- Type matchups against Pokémon that have fainted will no longer appear when selecting a move or target during Double Battles.
- A Zoroark that has Terastallized and is disguised as another Pokémon via its Illusion Ability can be identified as a Zoroark by using the Check Target option. This is a bug and will be fixed.
- When a Zoroark has Terastallized and is disguised as another Pokémon via its Illusion Ability, the type matchups of moves are displayed based on the type of the Pokémon that Zoroark is disguised as, rather than Zoroark's Tera Type. This is a bug and will be fixed.
- The stats of a Dondozo with a Tatsugiri in its mouth will increase when Dondozo uses Order Up, even when the move should have been negated (for example, by an opponent using Protect). This is a bug and will be fixed.
- If a Pokémon Terastallizes after using Destiny Bond and then faints, the effects of Destiny Bond will fail to activate. This is a bug and will be fixed.

Other
- We will address an issue that can cause the game to forcibly close at certain locations. As a result of this fix, there may be a reduction of Pokémon and people displayed in certain towns or in the wild.
- When a Pokémon that is not a part of the Paldea Pokédex is obtained through a Link Trade, it is displayed as being registered to the Paldea Pokédex. This is a bug and will be fixed.
Certain actions can cause the main character's expressions to not change until the game is closed and reopened. This will be fixed.
- A bug occurred for some players after Ranked Battles Season 1, wherein visiting the Ranked Battles screen immediately after the season's results had been calculated caused an error right after these players received their rewards. Following this error, players were unable to participate in any further Ranked Battles. This will be fixed.
- If a player has created several Battle Teams but does not use the Battle Team in the first slot for their Ranked Battles, they may not receive the Master Rank Ribbon after winning --Ranked Battles in the Master Ball Tier. This will be fixed.
- When a Pokémon you caught comes back to you from another player through Link Trade, it may not listen to your commands in accordance with what is written in the profile app ("Pokémon caught at Lv. XX or below will listen to your commands"). This will be fixed.
- A bug is preventing the Pokédex from displaying additional entries (such as entries for Shiny Pokémon or Pokémon that were received through Surprise Trade from players that play in a different language) for Pokémon species that were already registered in the Pokédex. This will be fixed.
- Objects such as Poké Balls may be displayed in certain locations of the field unintentionally. This will be fixed.
- Passersbys will no longer be displayed during certain battles that take place in towns during the main story.
I'm actually very surprised about the QOL improvements to boxes. It's a little thing but it's nice the pokemon company is trying to improve gameplay rather than just quick bug fixes. Step in the right direction

Next 7 star raid is Mighty...Pikachu with Water tera type. It will run from Feb 24-27. This is honestly the most disappointing one so far.
pikachuraids.jpg

Back