• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Pokémon Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet General Discussion

It's actually still so wild to me that they refuse to scale the levels. But with this DLC not being scaled either it just feels even more like we're paying to have the full game... It's almost like we should've had the 'DLC' at the start of the game so we had access to all these mons at the appropriate levels of the game..
Oh yeah they never raised the levels in the Part 1 DLC. I have some level 80 to 100 Pokemon in my Party and I was just sweaping through the battles like crazy. I don't know what is it with this game and not scaling levels because you would think by now they would make it higher after being champion in the Paldea Region, especially when you first arrive in the Kitakami Region you are battling Pokemon that are not even fully evolved.

Update on the Indigo Disk DLC!

From Serebii.net:

"It has been confirmed that a physical edition of Pokémon Scarlet & Violet, alongside its DLC, The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero, will release globally on November 3rd 2023. These will contain the current version of the game, but will require a content update when The Indigo Disk releases. If you purchase this, you will also get a Serial Code for 100 Poké Balls."

For real...100 Poke Balls?? That's it? I guess that's what we should expect from modern GF. Anyway...November 3 can't come soon enough! I'm actually excited about this part of the DLC.

As a side note, for anyone that wasn't already aware, the DLC update finally fixed the glitch with the Itemfinder mark:

itemfinder.jpg

According to data miners, you have a 1 in 100 chance of obtaining it every time your 'mon finds an item on the ground. Unlike the Partner mark, it does not automatically apply itself, so just keep checking back every now and then.

A new 7 Star raid has been announced and it is...Hisuian Decidueye with a Grass tera...yay...
hisuiandecidueyeraids.jpg

It runs from October 6 - 8 and repeats again from October 13 - 15.

Really proud of my progress with my paldea pokedex! I've never come this close with finishing the pokedex in any other game, but the open world mechanism in Pokemon SV really motivated me. c: Just missing a few trade pokemon, Scarlet-exclusive pokemon, and the legendaries!
1696035111919.png

Really proud of my progress with my paldea pokedex! I've never come this close with finishing the pokedex in any other game, but the open world mechanism in Pokemon SV really motivated me. c: Just missing a few trade pokemon, Scarlet-exclusive pokemon, and the legendaries!
I’m just missing three of the Legends of Ruin. I can’t find the final stake for Chien-Pao. I need to find the stakes for Chi-Yu and Wu-Chien

Good luck! If you need help getting any of the regular Scarlet exclusives (and have the HOME app), then let me know. Unfortunately my NSO account expired a week ago, so trading in HOME is all I can do for now.

Yes, they have always been there. One of the Treasures of Ruin is caught there.
hmmm.... i must've either not noticed or i hadn't been there previously :unsure:

oh well.... :rolleyes:

i'm acknowledged about them now :3
thankyou :D

The Teal Mask DLC can be played after the school tutorial and riding is unlocked. Last night one of my extra players got the phone call after riding Koraidon for the first time.
Arrived at Kikakami with no Gym Badges completed and the Pokemon Levels were 4 to 37. Just one was Level 4 and lot were Level 21 to 27 making them harder to catch with no Gym Badges done. The one item I wanted to evolve a Pokemon was out of reach.
Talked to one of the Trainers with Yellow box to see what Level the Pokemon were. Those Pokemon were Level 75 and higher. The same levels that my main Profile had when she played thru the DLC after Post Game in Paldea.
After catching some Pokemon I went back to Paldea to work on some Gym Badges.

Khu is now called "a new low for Kieran, says Khu" on X.

I really hope Kieran is evil in the DLC. It gives me hope..

Ugh, "X.'' Anyway, with Khu's count up to seven with Deino - 1, Doduo - 2, Magneton - 3, Probopass - 4, Two Wigletts and Wugtrio - 5, six Galarian Pokemon (Skwovet, Greedent, Wooloo, Dubwool, Zacian, Zamazenta), and the Island QR Code for Barbaracle - 7, does that mean that the number eight has some significance? I can't think of anything that has to do specifically with this number other than the closeness this DLC has to gen 8.

Ugh, "X.'' Anyway, with Khu's count up to seven with Deino - 1, Doduo - 2, Magneton - 3, Probopass - 4, Two Wigletts and Wugtrio - 5, six Galarian Pokemon (Skwovet, Greedent, Wooloo, Dubwool, Zacian, Zamazenta), and the Island QR Code for Barbaracle - 7, does that mean that the number eight has some significance? I can't think of anything that has to do specifically with this number other than the closeness this DLC has to gen 8.
I think it was this.
1 - Deino
2 - Doduo (two heads)
3 - Magneton (three heads)
4 - Probopass (1 main head, 3 mini "heads")
5 - Wugtrio and Wigletts
6 - Falinks (6 heads)
7 - Barbaracle (7 faces)

Many think that Dipplin wlll evolve into a true Yamata no Orochi, a hydra in Japanese myths. Dipplin is mentioned to have two in its apple so maybe they will multiply? Either that or maybe it refers to the zombies. We'll see in a month or so...

I participated in the Hisuian Decidueye raid yesterday before the first session ended and it returns later in the month. I now regret my Ball choice after the fact (I chose Fast Ball because of the Autumnal coloration) but now I wish I caught it in a Luxury Ball instead since I like the Luxury Ball, it still has the autumnal colors in the stripes, and it would be cool to have Rowlets in Luxury Balls when breeding. Alas. That raid in particular was such a nightmare to get a successful group for (I went through numerous attempts before narrow success) that I just saved afterward to avoid having to attempt it again.

The raids are so poorly designed and people bring bad choices for the type match-ups. Don't get me started on raid leaders bringing their starters or other strong Pokémon to fight 6-star Dittos when the raid leader should just bring a Magikarp we can knock out quickly and without harm. Ugh.

I hope they drop raids in the future. Or at least manage the clock better so you don't lose time to lag or whatever the heck is going on behind the scenes.

Rambling over, carry on.

On Saturday I was able to Solo Hisuian Decidueye Raid using a Toxtricity. Watching Austin John Plays Youtube video with the build and how to do the moves helped. I got lucky when NPC Paralyzed Decidueye a couple of times during the Raid. First time I messed up and got it on the 2nd attempt. Sun was my first game and Rowlet was my starter.

Khu just posted of new pic of my boi, my hope for this DLC.
F8M1zFiaQAAs-MW.png

Khu says he'll "snatch something from you this time" and that he is "fully armed"

I really wish DLC2 comes out soon.

Back