• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Pokémon Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet General Discussion

I
It's disappointing how they've been handling natures these past few generations. I used to soft reset for event Pokémon to have good natures in the DS and 3DS games, but the Switch games are just like "Nah, you get what you get!" for those. Don't know why they think it's a good idea to give Ogerpon and Bloodmoon Ursaluna predetermined natures but it feels unnecessary.

Glad, at least, that Dipplin doesn't have shiny lock like Bloodmoon Ursaluna does. Must acquire my caramel apple dragon. Two apparently, since I've seen that it can apparently use the Eviolite, which suggests it will receive an evolution in the Indigo Disk DLC. Unless that's an oversight. But if not, hell yeah, looking forward to it.

Oooo that’s very good to know about the Eviilite. I’m hoping it evolves cause whilst I like the design it just seems unfinished to me…not that I’ll be buying the dlc

I've been casually playing through the DLC a bit now, and for those who've gotten through it a lot, I've made it to the point where you and Kieren get to the third signboard thing. I've caught a lot of the newly introduced Pokemon thus far, and I've been quickly sweeping the battles with my team who's all around level 87. Kitakami seems pretty cool so far! There does seem to be a really slow start, with the story progression sort of keeping you from being able to explore the full area off the bat.

Its time! 😈
My DLC journey is in the spoiler. You've been warned! I've already completed all the stories except for Billy and O'nare so this is just a nice recap of everything so far...with an evil twist

Jacq rang me and told me that I was to be part of a field trip. It sounded boring but I went back to the school anyway
Compress_20230914_205511_1316.jpg

This totally not plot-related person appeared and said I won a lottery...how convenient.
I was skeptical...of course. She was revealed to be Briar...
Compress_20230914_205511_1602.jpg

...and claimed to be a descendent of Heath. How interesting...
Compress_20230914_205511_1776.jpg

Compress_20230914_205511_1987.jpg

...and she wants Terapagos! This Blueberry woman must be dealt with! So I made a plan, a plan to destroy Blueberry Academy! I'll go along with the trip and observe this woman.

So I ended up going! One trivial thing lead to another and I was assigned to do a little student activity. I paired with Kieran, a seemingly naive and ignorant Blueberry boy. He has an older sister who is arrogant and also insufferable. Perfect!
Compress_20230914_205512_2180.jpg

We found the first trivial marker that had a cute ogre story. Too bad I only care about Terapagos. I want to be cool and get this loser to like me so I guess I'll just act like myself for now.

I decided to explore Kitakami and found two losers wearing masks. They were strong losers. If they were AI they would be stronger and have hold items...and they did...but they lost because I am me.
Compress_20230914_205512_2352.jpg

Compress_20230914_205512_2488.jpg

I eventually found my way over to the festival area. I liked how it was very Johto-esque. Kieran showed up late and we took another photo.
Compress_20230914_205512_2655.jpg

We went back to Kieran's house, like I cared and his grandma gave me a style card and jinbei so I can ditch my hideous uniform.
Compress_20230914_205512_2819.jpg

More trivial things lead to more trivial things and we went back to the festival place. They forced me to do a riding game with Miraidon and at least I got something as a reward.
Compress_20230914_205513_3008.jpg

I was feeling bored though and wanted to leave but Kieran's sister and I ran into a suspicious kid that could be a Pokemon. It dropped something called the Teal Mask.
Compress_20230914_205513_3150.jpg

To be continued...

That's part 1 of who knows how many I make. Too tired tonight and will continue tomorrow.

Part 2 time! 😈
Kieran's sister wanted to keep the ogre child Pokemon a secret, for whatever reason...I thinl it was because Kieram liked the ogre but I haven't been really paying attention. More trivial things happened and we went back to Kieran's granpa's house.

He told us the "real" story about the ogre and the three dead Pokemon. It turns out the 3 dead "loyal" mons weren't so loyal...kinda like me.
Compress_20230914_205513_3331.jpg

The ogre was supposedly the one who killed them...maybe I like this ogre after all...
Compress_20230914_205513_3503.jpg

Anyway, the grandpa wanted to keep the story a secret from Kieran and the other townsfolk. Why? Maybe he felt superior and liked everyone ignorant of the truth? Whatever, I agreed just to keep them happy.

Kieran and I went to take our last photo. He was being very strange. I knew he knew. I just didn't care! The sadistic side of me wanted more unnecessary drama!
Compress_20230914_205513_3875.jpg

I caught him saying that lied...Of course I lied, Kieran! Its in my nature! You don't know me and my plans for Terapagos so be jeally all you want!
Compress_20230914_205513_3687.jpg

Kieran got angry and went to the 3 dead mon monument. Somehow his stupidity caused the mons to resurrect themselves. The 3 attacked Ogerpon. The monkey attacked and I beat it easily. However, they stole Ogerpon's masks and it was up to us to get Ogerpon's masks back. What a pain...
Compress_20230915_112733_3285.jpg

After getting clues of their whereabouts, I went and found the bird one first.
Compress_20230915_112732_2641.jpg

It was Titan sized and I beat it easy with Overqwil. Ogerpon was happy to get the red mask back
Compress_20230915_112732_2926.jpg

I went to battle the monkey by the lake next knowing he would be easy as before...and he was.
Compress_20230915_112733_3097.jpg

One final mask left! Maybe I can use Ogerpon to fight Briar if she tries to get Terapagos...

To be continued...

This one is shorter today but the next one will be longer.

More notes:

1. Empoleon's HA is now Competitive! I discovered that yesterday after viewing the Empoleons I brought over. So no more mixed attacking Empoleons!

2. Dipplin is affected by the Eviolite. You know who has a Dipplin? This won't be the last time we see Kieran...

3. The datamine reveals the BB E4 types. Supposedly Lacey is Fairy, Drayton is Dragon, Amarys is Steel and Crispin is Fire. Their designs do reflect their typings but...I really wish they stop with mono-typing E4 members. Gym leaders make some sense being mono but for E4? Well, let's hope for different themed ones in the future.

Anyone by chance have Cramorant? Having no luck doing the link trade method. Everyone has Morpeko
Update: Got it :)

Last edited:
Guys, I've just caught my first Kitakami shiny! It was base shiny charm odds, too.
I've already completed the main story of the Teal Mask DLC, so I'm trying to complete its Pokedex now. While in the Fellhorn Gorge area of Kitakami, I randomly encountered a shiny Noctowl while evolving a Victribell!

This Part 1 DLC really felt underwhelming. I mean I know Part 2 is going to be a lot better but man I was shocked that I finished it one day and caught all the Pokemon. I wasn't rushing but I finished in like 7 hours.

Kitakami was surprisingly very square in its map. The Kitakami geography and detail was better than Paldea but the Gen 9 maps still feel too square for me. Its nice when games give some sense of realism.

Great news, everyone! I completed the Kitakami Pokedex earlier today!
I didn't think to share the news then, but here's the screenshot!
2023091611554900-B6CE40797459B0890BF7CEF68A4CE587.jpg
I think I actually completed the regular Paldea Pokedex before even joining TBT, but it took a lot longer than this dex, even despite the fact that around a quarter of the Kitakami dex is already part of the Paldea dex.

Last edited:
Great news, everyone! I completed the Kitakami Pokedex earlier today!
I didn't think to share the news then, but here's the screenshot!
Nice. I've never really completed any of my dexes for the Switch tbh. Kind of burnt out of that a long time ago and now just go with favs or mons that I like. GF has hardened me that way lol

Slowly going through Pokemon SV during my day offs! I'm trying to take some time to explore the Kitakami region too. c:

20230916_190219.jpg

First selfie of the DLC! I love love love the selfie stick feature. I can take better pics of my darling Celeste 🥹

20230916_190159.jpg

Here's her at the starting town of Kitakami!

I'm also working my way through the Paldean Pokedex for the shiny charm, so far I'm at around 260/400. More than halfway through, I'm really proud of my progress! I think I'll be able to complete the dex in about 2 days.

Decided to shiny hunt Primeape since I needed one for the dex too! Can't wait for him to evolve into Annihilape. c:

20230917_033730.jpg

Lastly just wanted to share this funny pic, I have decided to fistfight with a Garchomp

20230917_033734.jpg

Ok so I just finished the main storyline of the DLC. No real major spoilers here I promise. I still have a side story to complete and the few of the new Pokémon to get but I have enjoyed it so far. I also must say after feeling pretty meh about the Pokémon added in the Sword and Shield DLC I absolutely adore Ogerpon in this DLC. 😍 From the teaser trailers I never really thought much of it but omg once I really got to properly see it in game I just love it. Also shoutout to the Polchagiest/Sinistcha line. I recently participated in a Kintsugi workshop so I love the inspiration of combining it with matcha (instead of gold) and traditional Japanese tea.

I'm glad they fixed the boxes at least. Shame they did nothing else for the performance though.

I encountered a weird near-soft lock bug twice today - entered the Portal by mistake (meant to select picnic on both separate occasions), rapidly tapped the B button as the screen came up. It closed as it would normally do, but when it went back to the regular screen, none of my controller inputs worked. Characters were moving in the background, music playing as normal, but nothing worked. Took a good 1-2 minutes before I could continue.

So yeah, take that as a heads up - if this happens to you, don't restart, just wait for a few minutes. First time took longer, second time seemed to be only about 30 seconds, so time seems to be random. I was really close to restarting because I'm so used to games crashing these days. Not sure what the exact conditions were, either.

Did anyone else catch that Blueberry Academy is in Unova? I'm just thinking where though? I don't think it existed during the events of B2W2 but if it did maybe its east of Humilau? Anyway, I hope that was a small way of giving us an indication of a possible Unova game in the future! If not, at least we technically go back to Unova in this DLC.

Did anyone else catch that Blueberry Academy is in Unova? I'm just thinking where though? I don't think it existed during the events of B2W2 but if it did maybe its east of Humilau? Anyway, I hope that was a small way of giving us an indication of a possible Unova game in the future! If not, at least we technically go back to Unova in this DLC.

Yeah, I did notice that when I was reading the dialogue. That's kind of wild to me. It could be the case where it's just somewhere we traveled to in the gen 5 games, but it wasn't accessible at the time. Still crazy though.

Back