• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

PSA: The new series 5 amiibo cards pre-order have started!!!

Oof, I couldn't pre-order any until payday on Friday as it is, and they're already gone from Walmart. Not surprised. Guess I'm gonna have to stick to my original plan of waiting outside Target early on the 5th. I mentioned it in another thread, but I used to work at my local Target so I'm hoping some of my friends who open that morning can buy me a few packs to pay them back, but Target is stingy sometimes about letting employees buy things when they release while employees are on the clock (namely Pokemon cards), so I'm not gonna hold my breath and just get there early anyway.

Ahhh I can’t believe they are sold out already. I’m going to be refreshing Walmart all day 😔

This sucks, lol. You can only pre-order one pack in Canada at Best Buy then with shipping (since $6.99 obviously isn't enough to warrant free shipping) it comes to around $15. :rolleyes:

I feel your woes. I think I may just go there on my own time or just wait until they're on Amazon, lol.

Well... Missed out on these. Looks like I have to wait a while. :/

Me too I am in Belgium too. I would like to preorders :) If I see something for Europe I will post here in this thread.

Of course they’re out of stock already. Welp, to etsy I’ll go lmao

They won't be there until the "hackers" dump the new Amiibo binaries to the internet, which does require the Amiibos to be already released. Hopefully they restock as we move closer to Nov 5.

They won't be there until the "hackers" dump the new Amiibo binaries to the internet, which does require the Amiibos to be already released. Hopefully they restock as we move closer to Nov 5.
I know lol

Oh, just managed to grab 2 packs from Walmart US! I kept refreshing and they eventually allowed me to go through with my purchase.

There are probably a ton of people who put some packs in their cart but never ordered them. They will soon expire so there should be more popping up, hopefully.

Do y’all think they’ll have these out in the stores open for grabs like they originally did with series 1-4? Or will this be Sanrio cards 2.0?

Do y’all think they’ll have these out in the stores open for grabs like they originally did with series 1-4? Or will this be Sanrio cards 2.0?

if they do, it’s going to be in very short supply, in my opinion. Like weird Animal Crossing Black Friday. Not sure what Nintendo’s motivation is for producing such a small amount of something people WANT to pay for, but every since amiibo cards became an in-demand item, they’ve made a point of not restocking them or even producing enough to meet initial demand.

if they do, it’s going to be in very short supply, in my opinion. Like weird Animal Crossing Black Friday. Not sure what Nintendo’s motivation is for producing such a small amount of something people WANT to pay for, but every since amiibo cards became an in-demand item, they’ve made a point of not restocking them or even producing enough to meet initial demand.
Yeah… this is kinda what I was afraid of. It’s really strange. They’re not profiting off of scalpers reselling their cards at exorbitant prices, so why the low stock in the first place? It’s wild.

Also, the phrase “weird Animal Crossing Black Friday” made me laugh lol.😆

I feel like stock in-store is going to be very limited, and I'm sure they will only allow people to buy 1-2 packs max at a time. On one hand I can understand Nintendo wanting a sense of exclusivity around a collectible product, but at the same time it seems tooooo scarce. And scalpers really ruin it for everyone, so then it's just stressful for all the people who truly want and love the product.

Back