• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

PSA: The new series 5 amiibo cards pre-order have started!!!

It's like nintendo is still scarred from how the cards sold for HHD but that, I feel, was really different. The game wasn't as big, the cards were released late in NLs life cycle, ect.

Thanks for the PSA!! I ordered my best buy limited one pack so lets see how this goes 🤞

I missed it 🥲 I hope Walmart is going to be doing a restock! I’m mad they didn’t even announce anything about a pre order, but I guess that’s better for the people who were able to grab a pack or two.

Whoa, I completely missed out on all of this.

Obviously they're out of stock, but I noticed Walmart was only charging $4.20 for a pack. I thought normal US MSRP for these things was $5.99 (so basically $1 per card). If I'm correct on that, I'm sure that doesn't help them selling out fast - if it's cheaper than normal, that's even more built-in profit for the scalpers. :(

Whoa, I completely missed out on all of this.

Obviously they're out of stock, but I noticed Walmart was only charging $4.20 for a pack. I thought normal US MSRP for these things was $5.99 (so basically $1 per card). If I'm correct on that, I'm sure that doesn't help them selling out fast - if it's cheaper than normal, that's even more built-in profit for the scalpers. :(
Yeah, I think it's a little odd they were selling for $4.20 rather than $5.99 - I managed to grab two packs, but I had to pay shipping so the total ultimately came out to a little more expensive than $5.99 per pack. Hopefully any potential scalpers also ran into that same situation. :confused:

Man if I lived on the East Coast I might’ve had a chance, but it opened really early for me. That’s a whole ball of darn ;ェ;

True love is when your Canadian girlfriend is able to order the packs from her BestBuy, has them shipped to her house, and then ships them to your house in the US when they've arrived. It's gonna be quite the process, but I'm really grateful for her efforts :blush:

Question: I was able to order two packs on Best Buy by having two different orders. Is this a mistake? Or is the 1 per customer more like 1 per order number?

Edit: Never mind, decided to only go for one since I ain’t spending $12 on shipping smh

Last edited:
I ordered two packs from Best Buy (Used different emails and shipping addresses but the same credit card). I'm hoping they don't catch on/care enough to cancel the second order. The shipping charge is outrageous though so I could only bring myself to order two. -_-

Was hoping to get a friend in the US to order a few packs from Walmart since they'll be sending me some stuff soon anyway, but wow those sold out fast!!! I'm absolutely not surprised though.

Already sold out? I hope there was a limit to how many one person could buy to prevent racking the price up on eBay and making major profit, lmao. Just pretend it’s toilet paper or something and limit one or two per person.

I hate this.

I just saw that Walmart orders were open, only for them to be sold out before I could finish putting in my info! I’m really fed up with the false scarcity—it’s not fun, and makes the process primarily centered around disappointment and upset.

Already sold out? I hope there was a limit to how many one person could buy to prevent racking the price up on eBay and making major profit, lmao. Just pretend it’s toilet paper or something and limit one or two per person.

this is exactly what i feared would happen :/.

I hate this.

I just saw that Walmart orders were open, only for them to be sold out before I could finish putting in my info! I’m really fed up with the false scarcity—it’s not fun, and makes the process primarily centered around disappointment and upset.

that’s what happened to me this morning. So frustrating! I loved collecting and trading the cards several years ago, but that was before the cards ramped up in popularity and Nintendo chose to make it feel like a lottery. I’m getting soured on the concept of collecting these cards at all, if it’s going to be this intense. For the first time I may just buy some knockoffs on Etsy for the functionality alone.

5.99 for shipping from best buy lol wtf are they insane... I guess I'll wait until I can order more than one pack :(

I so want to buy and at the same time I want more packs if i have to pay the shipping...then I worry I might miss my chance..

Back