Random thoughts thread. (New Horizons)

View attachment 570521

I wish for the next game to give us something other than all smiles.
GU9Vz5tXkAAUVp2.jpeg

I found this old picture while cleaning my Twitter account.
She looks so much better with this bug that was in the game before Nintendo fixed it. Please make it thing next time, Nintendo.
I forgot what I done to get it, but I'm pretty sure it's not a thing anymore.

Amiibo update. I now have all 50 WA, All cards from 1 to 400 and all the villagers in series 5. Out of the 504 cards I only have 22 left to collect and they are special characters from series 5 (sans one Tom Nook and Nico.

The list below is the cards I still have left. The numbwr next to them is the appox price.

1000001519.jpg

Submitting my birthday party entry for the fair made me realized that I have a lot of bird villagers. Probably more than the average person cause people don't find them as cute or cool :<

finally got belongings luck today and i was so excited for a rare kapp’n island!
then he took me to a summer island with seven summer seashells and a diy i already knew 😭😭😭 kappn im gonna punt u

I just realized something. Stinky and Lucha (alongside Cephalobot, Clay and Ribbot) are shirtless in their photos. In Stinky's case, however, he's wearing some form of pants. I wonder if pants and skirts would work as a villager mechanic for the next game...

Stinky%27s_Poster_NH_Texture.png
Lucha%27s_Poster_NH_Texture.png

I only have two types of animals on my island, My Wild World town (latest one) and 2 of my New Leaf towns.
It's not like this in my other towns, even though I have a few there too.

How does this keep happening... lol

I wish I could rename my island. I don’t want to reset but I’m thinking of redoing some parts of it and I thought a different name would be better for it.

I know this isn't quite related to New Horizons, but it's still Animal Crossing related, so it counts.

I found this fun, "villager popularity poll", minigame that lets you pick 15 randomly generated villagers and build a randomly generated village. Once you have chosen 15 villagers, you will get another random set of villagers to vote for.

This is found in the December 2003 archive of part of the old Animal Crossing website in English.
Please note that some of the images may be broken due to this being part of the Wayback Machine, so I just placed the artwork of the villagers missing in the template.

Here's an example of the villager popularity poll, I selected 15 of these randomly generated villagers. I actually got this very example from the exact archive purposely because it's got my boy T-Bone on it, heh heh heh...

2024_08_30_0qt_Kleki.png

I'm somewhat trying to complete Nook Miles goals again. I've just completed the flower planting one, and now I'm on to the produce one, which won't be a problem since I've got bells to waste on Leif. Four more Kapp'n trips left, and I'll need to get people to my island when the mood strikes. Everything else (bugs, deep sea creatures, furniture, tools and small Nook Miles goals) will probably take an eternity given how quickly I bore myself these days.

I want an official lemonade stand. I know you can create one with the stall, but I want a small, cute one made of wood, with lemonade sketched in the wood. Give us back our lemon trees, and baskets of fruit. A basket of lemons and an ice cold pitcher of lemonade would be really cute.

After having a new villager from a campsite move in, having 10 villagers in my island is going to feel strange since I was used to having 9 for 4+ years.

Another thing is that I hope to manage on work on my island without being burnt out.

I recently learned that you can jump into pipes from a cliff/level above that they're placed... I did it accidentally when I was visited a friend a while back and I was shook lol. I've just been thinking of it sometimes since it happened, and working out if I can incorporate that onto my own island.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but ever since the Celebrating Diversity event, Julian has grown on me. Now I must have him on my island.

About Raymond, I was thinking about having him move to my friend's island. (They told me they've wanted him lately.) I'll have to wait though, because I don't have my Switch.

This is probably not a new thought, but why aren't their more reptiles in the game? So many bugs and fish, but not a single snake or lizard? There are turtles, so the creators aren't entirely against reptiles?

They can't use the scary argument since there are tarantulas and scorpions, and other bugs that attack.

I hope the next game includes a wide variety of reptiles.

This is probably not a new thought, but why aren't their more reptiles in the game? So many bugs and fish, but not a single snake or lizard? There are turtles, so the creators aren't entirely against reptiles?

They can't use the scary argument since there are tarantulas and scorpions, and other bugs that attack.

I hope the next game includes a wide variety of reptiles.
Yeah, I thought it would be a cool idea if there were frogs as “bugs” that you can catch in trees. Sure frogs are already a species, but that doesn’t stop them from being a fish.

I have a new idea for the next game. If you catch a snapping turtle and place it outside, and then you get your net out, it will start charging into you and bite you, causing you to faint.

Back