• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Resetting ACNL for your favorite...

Valerie

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Cake
Yellow Candy
October Birthstone (Opal)
Pear (Fruit)
Cake
Will you reset for certain features? What do you consider a must in your future NL village?

I will probably reset, as I am a perfectionist: I want Apples as my native fruit, a face that I like, and an interesting layout. Also, if grass shapes are still around, I want whatever grass shape turns to the star in winter. Original villagers are not important to me, but I like to have at least 1 character that is new to me.

Probably will. If I don't like the layouts I'm presented with, Ill reset.
If I don't like ANY of my villagers, I'll reset.
If I dislike my character's appearance, I'll reset.

I wouldn't reset over fruit. I can get all of them later anyway. I'm more focused on what I won't be able to change (or at the very least: won't be able to change easily).

I'll need at least one villager that's on my favorites list. I also will reset if the town layouts don't appeal to me. And if my face is ugly, I'll reset. I'm hoping a face guide or a guide book will be out by the NA release.

If I get a layout I don't like or a hideous face, I will reset.
I won't reset due to fruit unless I get pears. I have pears in my current town and I don't need another town with pears.

I plan on resetting until I get a layout that I like and at least one of the villagers on my want-list (such as the unicorn).
Getting a fruit that I don't like won't be the determining factor in whether or not I reset since I can just replace it with a new fruit. It would simply be a minor inconvenience.
I'm not too worried about which face I end up with since there will most likely be a face guide of some sort.

Now I'm wondering something though...
If you make a town where you love everything except your appearance, and make a new character with an appearance you do like, would that new character become mayor if you deleted the first character? Or would the newest incoming player becoming mayor? Or would the town just be deleted (which seems kind of irrational to me)?

^ Only the first character created in a town will ever be mayor. And the only way to delete that first character is to delete the whole town. That's what I've heard anyway.

I'm probably gonna reset until I get cherries

I heard that only your native fruit will grow as delicious. I find this sad and the only reason why I would consider resetting for fruit. I really like how the delicious apples look... So dark and juicy and shimmery...

@Cherrypie: Apple's have always been my favorite fruit, and those delicious apples look awesome! That's why I'm so stuck on getting apples as my native fruit.

I heard that only your native fruit will grow as delicious. I find this sad and the only reason why I would consider resetting for fruit. I really like how the delicious apples look... So dark and juicy and shimmery...

Oh I didn't think about that. Might reset for apples or peaches then.

There's a few favorites I have for villagers. But considering how many animals there are, I feel like the chances of getting those particular ones are low. I probably won't reset for that. At this point, I think I'll just reset if my 3 layout options are all terrible, or if I accidentally choose a terrible face. I don't care which fruit I get.

^ Only the first character created in a town will ever be mayor. And the only way to delete that first character is to delete the whole town. That's what I've heard anyway.

Even if there are other characters in the town?
That'd be kind of lame if they did that, but oh well.

I'm mostly gonna try to avoid resetting >> Except in the beginning, cause I'm gonna test out all the faces to see which one I like best. I dont think I'll reset for the layout since you can actually pick your favorite one from Rover. I may reset for fruit if I have pears or peaches cause I dont like them. I wont reset for neighbors since they can just move out anyway.

I will most likey reset the game once or twice.

Not because of the face or the hair of my character - I will definitely google the 'right' answers before.

But I want the beach on the right side of my village because it feels way too "open" if the beach is placed on the left side.
Also, I want at least one of the new villagers with nice personality (the rainbow sheep, one of the cute hamsters, the deer-girl ...). I'm not that picky, but I've always hated all of my villagers in my other villages in Wii and DS.

And of course, the places of the town tree, town hall etc. shouldn't be too close to each other, but also not too far away or oddly placed like right next to the ramps.

There's a few favorites I have for villagers. But considering how many animals there are, I feel like the chances of getting those particular ones are low. I probably won't reset for that. At this point, I think I'll just reset if my 3 layout options are all terrible, or if I accidentally choose a terrible face. I don't care which fruit I get.

Are there just 3 layouts? :eek:

In that case i will reset until i get a river that splits my town with a nice and straight cut (not too straight), on the bottom half i want the town tree in the middle with houses on just one side, being the good mayor that i am, i will occupy the other side of the tree and place my house near the docks, and the docks should be separated from the beach. on the upper half of the town, i want the town hall and possibly Rparkers.

my dream town right there;)
But i do realise that this is almost impossible, but i want the town to be at least cut in the middle and have the town tree on the bottom-half:p

Last edited:
I've never reset to get what I want; I've just made do. Of course, I was thrilled with my town and character in CF, so that wasn't a problem; however, in WW, I was only sort of pleased with what I got, but resetting didn't even occur to me. But in NL, I will reset to get my favorite things (which are very similar to everyone else's), because I want to be happy with every aspect of my town.
And my requirements are:
?Apples or oranges as my native fruit
?At least one of either my favorite villagers or new villagers
?Town hall and R. Parkers relatively close to each other
?Neighbors' homes are not in awkward places
I don't care about the location of the beach or river. :3

EDIT:
Like Winona, I'll go to Google for a face guide, so I can get my favorite.

You know, I think I've missed out on a lot of things over the years on AC... I didn't have a clue about the different grass shapes, etc, and never thought about resetting to get different fruit. LOL What all have I missed?! That being said... I don't think I would reset, unless I had a hideous face... Which is why I'll check out a guide or something before I make it! :D

I think I'll do a face guide on it. I certainly want a unique layout, because towns without one are boring.
Also, I don't like Cherries or Peaches. Apples are my favourite, so I'll reset to not have Cherries or Peaches.

Haha, I told myself, I'm going to time myself for 2 hours and reset until I get Hamsuke in my town! :D I'm going to make sure I have the face with the slanted eyes, also, but I'll use a face guide for that. Hopefully my other neighbors will be awesome too~

Native fruit doesn't matter to me as much, but if I get peaches I'll be very happy!

Back