Stories in the Shadows (Buzzy Bees Cabin)

Lz1tKorl.jpg

Abominable Snowman:
Despite the hot temperatures, the Abominable Snowman has somehow found a way to survive. He's currently roaming these mountains, looking for unsuspecting campers to prey upon... Or maybe he's just hoping they'll share a popsicle with him?

cERUBHXl.jpg

Okay, so my hands shake A LOT. This was very difficult for me. However.. I think I managed to do it just fine! My hands really hurt though haha.

The Mystical Mountain Unicorn!

1C935917-84B2-4AE6-97FF-C14933201158.jpeg

Deep into the mountains, I found an incredibly ethereal unicorn. She blesses anyone who dare hike the snowy mountains with good luck and courage. It’s very difficult to find her though! Be wary not to take advantage of her blessings! She may be super kind and generous, but if you get on her bad side? You’re in for a horrible surprise.

00480A08-0F2D-4D82-B883-77FA353EE26F.jpeg

the lonely heron
5014D82D-EB0E-44AE-982D-80F9AF9C6677.jpeg

never to be seen by a pair of living eyes, the only proof of the heron’s existence are it’s haunting calls which ring out through the night, unheard by the rest of the world. keep your bread close as you approach the heron’s territory, it might just vanish under unknown circumstances...

8D1E0B5C-0558-4012-954F-AD167BB2BCCB.jpeg

a spray bottle with a wooden crocodile toy attached for the head + beak, this xmas tree statue thing for the ruffled feathers and a hand for the wings!

The Mystical Mountain Llama

Llama Shadow 1.png

It is said that the mystical mountain llama's fur is as soft as the clouds themselves, and that its spit can miraculously help the body heal even the gravest of wounds, and cleanse it of even the deadliest of poisons. Sadly it's current whereabouts are unknown, but some still say that it is out there, somewhere, wandering the mountains and spitting on any people in need of its aid...

Llama Shadow Setup.jpg

20210821_200951.jpg

While this may appear to be just a cute little bunny it is actually not a normal bunny... It's a very rare and dangerous killer bunny! Its eyes glow red in the night as it looks for lonely campers to prey upon. Or maybe it's just a regular bunny lol 🐇.

View attachment 394189
While this may appear to be just a cute little bunny it is actually not a normal bunny... It's a very rare and dangerous killer bunny! Its eyes glow red in the night as it looks for lonely campers to prey upon. Or maybe it's just a regular bunny lol 🐇.
Omg. ALL I can think of now is the killer rabbit from Monty Python and the Holy Grail! Lol!!!!!

the ghost of the extinct bird
image0.jpg

it is said that the ghost of this bird has been haunting the island since its extinction approximately 5 centuries ago - not long after people settled on the island and there was massive hunting and overconsumption of birds and competition for food with non-native species brought to the island. the bird has a low flight speed, but for some reason the bird always seems to catch up to people. legend has it that it can't satisfy its hunger and it will eat anything or anyone if you venture too deep into the forests of the island. there have been some people who got lost in the forest maze and have not returned . . .

image0.jpg

(inspired by the dodo but this bird has wings)

20210822_100619~2.jpg

It is said that when you sing "Twinkle, twinkle, little star" on a night where there is a full moon and few to no stars can be seen, this creature will appear. Ressembling some kind of dinosaur from the past, it is unknown what its origins or intentions are. What is known, is that it can be found gazing at the sky and that those who look at it experience a feeling of melancholy.

Screenshot_20210822-100429_Gallery.jpg

Beware any strange sounds coming from near the lake at night, they might be coming from the Terrifying DUCK MONSTER!!!! This creepy creature is really tall and can smell fear so you'd better watch out. but don't be too afraid with it's tiny little feet it can't run very fast.
20210822_102703.jpg

I used a measuring tape, hair clip, pack of gum, carabiner, can of spray glue, Sharpie, bottles of hand sanitizer, and tape.

In the midst of all these mythical creatures and beasts out here in the mountains you can look off and see a sweet little turtle climbing rocks and enjoying the life.
UsApC1F.jpg

Name tag, set up, all that jazz
fOl4p62.jpg

I saw this cute, tiny bird-like little creature walk by tonight. I only managed to take a picture of its shadow, but it had long fluffy ears and looked really friendly! I'll be sure to snap a better picture next time it decides to pay us a visit.
E9auTjYWQAMroMV

E9auTjYXIAI4oH8

hello! i found an interesting looking deer while i was out. may have had broken legs by the looks of it! very pleasent encounter though and i'm feeling very fortunate that it wasn't a bear! giving me nausicaa valley of the wind vibes so may be a god idk, may want to follow her and then take a bath in some random pool! hope she doesn't go down the bambi route instead tho

CK9igpH.jpg

O1ZYquP.jpg

VideoCapture_20210822-164054.jpg

I present Moth-person, Mothman's lesser known cousin! Is he imaginary? Is he real? Nobody knows, though some claim to... Lurking in the woods near Camp Bell Tree, beware if you hear the flapping of wings late at night as you gather round the campfire. It's in his nature to be drawn to light, after all..

20210822_163517.jpg

shadoo.jpg

Some things are better left unfound. An experiment 20 years in the making, abandoned by those in control - because they weren't in control. What's left is a being that suffers eternally, undying, unfeeling, unhuman. A robot whose only goal is to find peace. If you're lucky, you'll see a glimpse of it's shadow at night. If you're unlucky, you'll know why they pulled the project.

image1.jpg

blrused name.jpg

4989-D4-E6-3131-43-F5-B2-C8-1-D108-EF241-DA.jpg
14090470-5-A0-C-4-C8-E-9-E64-4070-E9741-B55.jpg

A very scary Loch Ness monster, haunts the seas of the TBT ocean ready to eat the misbehaving users. We feed him misbehaves to satisfy his cravings. Be very scared.

37677363-C2D5-4624-8AB5-47E2649D9E28.jpeg

Sessie the sea serpent likes to patrol the coast line near the mountains. Camp lore is that during a full moon, Sessie will pop its head up from the depths of the ocean waters. What could Sessie be hoping to find? Dinner? Hikers to scare away? Or perhaps Sessie just yearns to be reunited with its sea serpent bff—Nessie the Loch Ness monster.

DE4FC91E-B202-4BE0-9396-4ABD5151936B.jpeg
B0BD7CF9-8D68-429C-9B82-A5D6DDED621B.jpeg

4989-D4-E6-3131-43-F5-B2-C8-1-D108-EF241-DA.jpg
14090470-5-A0-C-4-C8-E-9-E64-4070-E9741-B55.jpg

A very scary Loch Ness monster, haunts the seas of the TBT ocean ready to eat the misbehaving users. We feed him misbehaves to satisfy his cravings. Be very scared.

Hi, @Dinosaurz!

Unfortunately I cannot accept this based on the rule for rushed entries/low effort submissions. When you mentioned using play-doh for the shape, I did expect a bit more effort to be put into the sculpting.

I understand that we are very close to the deadline, but accepting your entry as it is right now feels unfair to the people who put more time and thought into their shadows.

Hi, @Dinosaurz!

Unfortunately I cannot accept this based on the rule for rushed entries/low effort submissions. When you mentioned using play-doh for the shape, I did expect a bit more effort to be put into the sculpting.

I understand that we are very close to the deadline, but accepting your entry as it is right now feels unfair to the people who put more time and thought into their shadows.
You said I could use play doh, there’s a lot of shadows that are less visible then mine. You can actually make out the shape with mine so I don’t see what the problem is. I thought it was based on the shadow not what was used.

Back