• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

TBT 3.0 issues reporting, tracking, and FAQ thread

Where are you trying to upload a picture? As an avatar or an attachment?
In the bar above the text box when making a post, there there is an "Insert Image (Crtl+P)" button. I get a server error whenever I try to use it. Just started today. It worked fine yesterday.

I also get the same error when using the "Attach file" button below the text box.

In the bar above the text box when making a post, there there is an "Insert Image (Crtl+P)" button. I get a server error whenever I try to use it. Just started today.

I also get the same error when using the "Attach file" button below the text box.
Just tried it out and I seem to be experiencing the same issue with both options.
Directly uploading images or files of any kind onto the forum's server seems to be the issue.
Using "Insert Image" via URL still seems to work, thankfully.

I can't say for sure whether this was the case a few days back, as the only thing I've done since the arrival of TBT 3.0 (in regards to image files) was delete some attachments from an old thread of mine.

In the bar above the text box when making a post, there there is an "Insert Image (Crtl+P)" button. I get a server error whenever I try to use it. Just started today. It worked fine yesterday.

For a temporary solution, upload ur images to http://imgur.com/

Hey I don’t seem to be able to bump posts after 2 hours, I used to be able to after around half hour?

Hey I don’t seem to be able to bump posts after 2 hours, I used to be able to after around half hour?

Two hour bumping is only permitted in Nook's Cranny. It is four hours in all other trading boards - as it always has been.

We recently needed to get stricter and enforce a physical block on double posting less than four (or two in Nook's Cranny) hours apart. This is because too many people were breaking the four hour rule. It was giving people who did not adhere to the rules an unfair advantage over those who respectfully followed them.

I don't know if it's a problem on my end, but I'm having issues attaching files/ uploading pictures.

1. Yes, that's been addressed before; pretty sure it was one of the first things that was brought up upon TBT 3.0's launch. From what I can recall, they're aware of the issue and looking into it. I would assume that lost feedback will be returned (if there are backups with said information), but don't take my word for it.

2. I don't think you can do that anymore. There's no option for it when posting replies nor in the preferences section of your account settings. Whether it was intended to be like this or not, I don't know.
I'm pretty sure that they still exist in the system because my profile says I have 94 feedback which I believe is correct. They're just not showing up for some reason :p

I'm pretty sure that they still exist in the system because my profile says I have 94 feedback which I believe is correct. They're just not showing up for some reason :p
In my case even the number went down. I had around 10-15 (or so, can't recall the exact number) before the upgrade, but it was at 6 instead.

Hello, I am sorry if this is not suppose to go in this thread, but my friend is having a bit of an issue accessing anything. Everything was fine up until an hour or so ago. If she is logged in, she gets this purchase code on a completely black screen. She can only see the site if she is in incognito, because she can not log out of her account. I'm hoping you can help. Her account name is Milatea.
error.PNG

Reactions: hzl
Hello, I am sorry if this is not suppose to go in this thread, but my friend is having a bit of an issue accessing anything. Everything was fine up until an hour or so ago. If she is logged in, she gets this purchase code on a completely black screen. She can only see the site if she is in incognito, because she can not log out of her account. I'm hoping you can help. Her account name is Milatea.
View attachment 236769
I keep having this issue. Sometimes it works, sometimes I get the screen with this coding. I assumed it was just things on the site being worked on at the moment

View attachment 236769
I've been getting that occasionally as well. The admins mentioned that the on-site currency system was supposed to be coming back at the end of the week, so I imagine this is related to that. :) I was able to get back on after experiencing the screen for a few minutes, so tell your friend to just keep checking back occasionally!

View attachment 236769

Your friend should be able to access to forum fine now. The majority of users were unable to access the forum for a short while. The few who could were actually the exception to the norm!

I've been getting that occasionally as well. The admins mentioned that the on-site currency system was supposed to be coming back at the end of the week, so I imagine this is related to that. :) I was able to get back on after experiencing the screen for a few minutes, so tell your friend to just keep checking back occasionally!
Ah, I see. I thought it could be something to do with the shop since the code says purchase. Thank you for letting me know.
Post automatically merged:

Your friend should be able to access to forum fine now. The majority of users were unable to access the forum for a short while. The few who could were actually the exception to the norm!
Oh wow, ok. Well thanks for helping out. Glad I was part of the minority this time. xD

I just thought about this, but on TBT 2.0 we had folders on our user profile where we could upload images. I used to store all my old avatar photos in two folders on my user page, but it seems like those folders are gone now?

Will they ever come back? If not, are they archived so I could potentially access them with the help of a staff member?

I have another question.

So before there was a search bar at the top of a subforum where you could search in the subforum. For example, I want to go into the New Neighbor Network subforum and search of a villager I want that someone might have. But there's no search bar anywhere??

In the "Filter" tab it doesn't ask to search with keywords, so that doesn't work.

Hi there! I'm not sure if there's a better place to ask this, but after the site update, I'm having an issue where the majority of my post history can no longer be found.

My profile says that I have over 1300 posts, most made a few years ago, but for some reason, my post history only lists very recent posts as well as a seemingly random small selection of my old posts. Reaching the last (i.e. 2nd) page and clicking "View older results" gives me a "No results found" page. I only recently came back to the forums, so I looked through my old posts for nostalgia, and they were definitely there before the site update. I'm guessing this is connected to the issues with Search that's mentioned in this thread's original post?

I did make a username change shortly before all the site updates (old username was "SonatinaGena"). I'm not sure if that's relevant? Searching for posts under my old username just tells me that the member couldn't be found.

Thanks in advance for any help!

just another little thing I've noticed, it seems like I receive quote notifications very intermittently... :>

1+ to Magix's post
It seems like I haven't received all of the quote notifications, which can be difficult at times to figure out when and where I've been replied to unless I check on almost every thread that I've posted on a daily basis. ^^;

Back