• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Mafia TBT Mafia: Renaissance - Game Thread [ENDGAME - Town Wins]

Status
Not open for further replies.
which one's town

which one's scum
you townlocked her a few posts ago, though.
Post automatically merged:

in all honesty, punchy's decisions seem all over the place. however, if shawo doesn't appear until end of day then i'll probably place my vote on them.

I know that Sheabae has only done that post but judging from that, Punchy and Sheabae might have corresponding roles. If they are roles, then its most likely not a scum role pair.

while i think punchy is not giving out fully flesh thoughts, I don't think he's scum quite yet since it feels he's just behaving this way naturally (this is part of his meta for those who don't know him). even without meta he's being too careless to be scum imo

I know that Sheabae has only done that post but judging from that, Punchy and Sheabae might have corresponding roles. If they are roles, then its most likely not a scum role pair.

by roles you mean like masons?

Last edited:
the last game i played punchy locked me as town on day 1 so it's not unusual for him to say it. while this made me rly wary last game i didn't think too much of it afterward since i had been playing pretty regularly as both mafia and town but this game it's just rly weird to say something like that with certainty, u can't 'town lock' someone and one post letter change ur mind, town locks don't work that way, idk how u can have that much confidence in one post unless ur aware of something. anyway i don't rly have much thoughts atm bc it's 7am (lol) i'll be back on tmrw hopefully w some reads since ik i haven't rly commented on anyone beside a couple

**as in i had been actively playing, i feel like when someone hasn't played for years u can't rly townlock them based on how they used to play, idk if that makes sense i'm tired lol

Alright I am entering the quiet hours at work and have read the entire thread and taken notes and I'm gonna run through one thing and then take it person by person I think.

The role PM wording thing began with Trundle saying the incorrect wording for the win condition and Dan pointing that out so honestly the one who emerges the best from this is Dan. That being said ever since this Trundle has become a bit all over the place. I'm not sure Jacob's part in this conversation is as AI as I initially felt though, he was talking more to Dan. It really just comes to a close with Trundle's defenses in #36 and #46 which...felt good to me?

Trundle

Trundle very much did not show good wording in a way I would expect a towny to, then that conversation happened, and then he had to defend himself in #36 and #46

I ignored it because I assumed you just couldn’t read lol, it’s in the OP
“The Town's win condition is achieved through killing all the mafia through voting during the day.”

Oh I just realized that is just information about how to play the game to newbies lol. My role PM says all threats lmao
Makes me wonder if post merges show up as edits as long as the post merges happens after the "edit shows" time threshold.

I read my role, but when I'm not mafia I tend to just skim over it. When I was looking at the OP earlier I just glimpsed and saw "Eliminate all mafia" and thought "Hey cool, no third party".

This doesn't necessarily absolve him entirely but the thought process behind why he didn't have the right wording feels somewhat careless and I don't think that's scummy. I'm not entirely sold on a townread but I feel like it's less common to be so careless as scum. That being said he's moving on to nothing but overdefense for the most part after his reads list I have already gone over. I want to see his updated reads since he is a lynch candidate.

My least favorite moment is him being nervous about his own perception in #55 as others have pointed out and I think he's showing that he feels pressured. I need to see past mafia games to see if he gets this way as scum.

It's incredibly gut despite the high amount of content but I want to just lean a bit towards town with Trundle. His back and forth about wanting content but soon after revoking that statement and worrying about information overload seems to reach a point of meandering.

Trundle is killing me right now but another thing is that I just don't like the vibes I get from certain players throwing sus at him. It's an informational lynch at this point and those always feel like I failed a bit. I see that writing on the wall.

Tae

With Trundle out of the way I want to cover tae because a fair bit from the feels pingy. If Trundle isn't town then I'll have to reconsider this a little but a lot of red flags here and some (glow iirc) have already pointed them out. The first read of substance is somewhat wishy-washy on Trundle but ultimately there's a little suspicion tae has established that feels like it could be revisited as a way to sheep a Trundle lynch while also coming off as uncertain. Like... it's on and off with me too about Trundle so to an extent I understand but these posts themselves throw me off:

idk how to play meta when my meta was 100% tunneling toad.

Kind of a jokey excuse

i mean at least i’ve read and posted along the way. there’s still people who’ve barely said hellos. i’m not quite sure why everyone’s been so damn snippy towards me specifically about it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Because no posters don't look as questionable as someone who has been around through the game so far taking a very long time to establish a read before there seems to be a candidate. And so this comes off a little deflective when it wasn't necessary.

as much as i appreciate trundle coming to my defense i’m actually kinda sus about it. i have to look up old games to compare because i think trundles been a devil’s advocate kinda player in the past (maybe i’m remembering wrong) but he is awfully back and forth on stuff right now when before i think he’s much more concrete with his postings. but also the idea that there could be 3rd party would also explain his antics lately. (as someone stated above already)

This is the post I was referencing above the spoiler about being wishy-washy yet positioned. You briefly state that he's sus for pocketing you but you don't go into it. And you then put yourself in his shoes to paint his behavior as understandable without saying you think it's coming from a towny place. It just pings me a bit.

i mean it’s not a huge focus on the TP stuff, it’s just something i’d like to keep in mind. i didn’t say i want a trundle lynch. i just think it’s odd for him to float back and forth without much substance. i can’t recall what his play style was like in games i played with him bc it’s been so long since i’ve played as well, but i assumes he was always a devils advocate. we can talk TP more solidly after the first night so we can get an idea on the kill ratio, but i don’t think it’s harmful to still keep in mind that D1 actions could be driven by the fact that there may or may not be TP in play. it’s harmful to focus it, but i’m not tunneling it. it was just food for thought.

I like the stance on focusing on 3rd party later and tae isn't wrong about Trundle lacking substance. Meanders a bit on the subject but eh, this feels wishy-washy but less pointed. If tae does turn out to be scum it's potentially filler but it's one of tae's more agreeable moments.

okay but like, can you explain why typing in a poem / stanza format somehow equates to a power role?
every time he types

in three lines of words

my brain hurts bc its mostly in sets of 3 and i cant stop seeing it not gdi locket.

Not scum with Locket. Jumping at Locket's throat a little about something pretty silly from her. Not entirely sold on Locket yet because it's an odd first moment of content to ponder if someone is a PR rather than scumhunt so it could go either way but in a taescum world this is townspew on Locket?

did shawo ever answer anyone's questions?
looking back through the thread i don't think i saw them reply.

also does anyone else think it was odd of geoni to pop up barely into D1 at all with a full reads list already? i get maybe reaction testing or few hunches but a whole ass reads list right out the door? idk.

Not teamed with Shawo and I don't care for Shawo anymore so there's that. Of course I don't care for your take on me, it stokes paranoia about a person that people have stated they struggle to trust while not making reads -about said reads- and instead just being all 'too many reads so soon'.

hes sloppy.
but is he intentionally sloppy or just actually sloppy?

rubbed me wrong when he told me to 'try and make a reads list or something' i havent even put my feelers out on everyone yet lmao.

It's because you had been giving no substantial input at that time and I was concerned your nervousness about putting reads out there came from a place of not wanting to make solving easier for town down the road by looking back at your early reads and solving more with it should you flip scum.

Like... I'm trying not to tunnel here so if this is just how tae plays point that out to me but tae has just pinged me so much. Again, not being teamed with shawo is a plus but like... there's a lot of takes (considering timing) that don't come from a towny place so readily.

PandaDarling

Just a quick note on her really but she's also jumping in once Trundle has heat with a... wording slip? It's a unique take on someone lynchable and that's always a scumping for me.

Skarmoury

this is a genuine question but are overanalysis like this normal or is it just like really heated atm

Something about this doesn't sit right, I felt more towny in an initial read of skar but I don't care for this interjection. I feel like a lot with skarmoury is less substantial than their newbie counterparts (Harbour, Emolga, DinoTown). I'm not scum reading here but I am not as partial to townleaning as I initially was. A lot of talk about the way the game is rather than the content and I want some display of solving at some point.

Heyden

I'm starting to get tired but Heyden still isn't sitting right with me. Another one who doesn't necessarily fit in a shawo team but as I move more towards a Punchy townlean the moments from Heyden is not sitting with me as well and it's still a bit early but I want more breadth of solving.

Shawo

What has he really done other than kinda say he's not contributing much day 1 and just watching it develop from the sidelines? His reactions to the early day silliness felt towny but lack of content never makes me feel good about someone.

Shaebae

I think shaebae has been liking people's posts while not having too many themselves so I want more from them as well.

I'll explain the rest that I'm feeling more towny about in a bit but making big posts is exhausting on mobile so don't expect it right away. To preview further reads I'll say that AmazonEvan, Dan, and Punchy are feeling the most towny and tae, Panda, shawo, and Heyden are not really giving me town yet and I need to ISO Jacob. Oath feels like he's clarifying the way certain people like Trundle are and being a voice of reason about setup specifics Heyden brought up and glow is pointing out some things I find agreeable as wary as I am to throw a stronger townread at her... now's not the time for it. Dino and Harbour and Emolga I'll need to revisit. Trundle is...ugh. Town or scum that's great at acting.

17+ player games are a bit more time consuming for my style, can't case everyone yet, but it's w/e. Need to start forming wagons though.

Good morning people, I have read everything I missed.
I'm feeling a little more worried about Trundle after the 'I am not a smart man.' post, however, I'm not sure if that's just me struggling to wrap my head around how someone can just... not read their entire role PM.
I don't wanna turn around and be all 'oh yeah Trundle is def scum' if the response I'm supposed to be having is 'wow yeah that wasn't smart'.

These are my weak sauce thoughts, please enjoy.

Damniel - Every single time I play a game with Daniel, he pressures me Day 1 and it is always town vs town. In this game's case, he actually had a relatively good reason to, and I think this is classic Daniel town play. Town lean.
Jacob - Jacob town and Jacob mafia are very different, at least when I last played it was. I mentioned my thoughts on him in my previous two posts; he has landed in a mafia lean in my reads.
Emolga59 - There isn't much to go off here, but RQS answers give me very slight town vibes.
DinoTown - Same as Emolga.
f11 - From what I remember, this is very town f11 play with the gung-ho accusations on Jacob. I respect it.
Locket - Nothing to go off of.
oath2order - I appreciate that oath was honest about how mad he gets when he is mafia and there is pressure on him. I distinctly remember a game or two where I outed him as mafia through uncertain analysis and his reaction is the only thing that really sealed the deal. No opinions yet, but will be fun to watch how he posts.
PunchyDaHufflepuff - I feel like the last time I played with Punchy, it was not very experienced at mafia but it came out and said it is also playing an 80 player game right now. I could never really read Punchy to begin with, but at this point I have no knowledge of how Punchy plays a game of mafia. I likely have some reading to do.
amazonevan19 - Inquisitive as always. I like how he called me out on my weird post when I was discussing post merges and edits. I don't think mafia would touch a statement like that D1 with a 40 foot pole.
Geoni - The mastermind himself. I cannot read Geoni D1 since he is a very good player on either side. I do like his commentary on Jacob so far and how he caught my unintentional breadcrumbing from role PM win condition (is this against the rules?).
skarmoury - I like how she is actually reading the thread and making contributions already (not commenting on whether I find them useful atm) despite it being her first game. I do not think she would be so open this early as a first game mafia (unless receiving instruction from an experienced team mate). Town lean.
PandaDarling - Still no check in.
Sheabae - Still no check in.
tae - I don't know how I feel about them yet. I want more.
glow - As I mentioned in my RQS, I find glow a really interesting player to read. Nothing substantial yet but I do find it interesting she opted to skip the RQS.
shawo - As I mentioned in my RQS, I think shawo would be really interesting as mafia, but as it stands I have no idea if he is town or mafia, and he is already very interesting to read. I'm actually slightly town leaning based on how casual/jokey they are being at the moment, but I could be being blindsided hard.
Mogyay - I have nothing to go off of, but I think mog is mafia this game.
Heyden - His town read on Jacob sits well with me, but overall I am not sure yet.
Harbour - She seems like she is doing well for her first game of mafia. Not sure where to put her yet, but I think Harbour will be an interesting player in this game.

And organized into reads (only players I find worth putting in atm):

Town
f11

Town Lean
Damniel
skarmoury
shawo
amazonevan19

Neutrals that I find particularly interesting
Harbour
DinoTown
Geoni

Mafia Lean
Jacob

Mafia
mogyay

First post was thinking about Jacob from the perspective of him being mafia, second post was perspective of him being town and asking other to share their thoughts. I am definitely suspicious of Jacob, but this is a group game so I am encouraging others to share their thoughts on him (particularly those who have played with him more recently than I have).

Tfw I am trying to ISO Jacob and finding myself leaning back towards Trundlescum for this readslist alone.

Skarmoury

Something about this doesn't sit right, I felt more towny in an initial read of skar but I don't care for this interjection. I feel like a lot with skarmoury is less substantial than their newbie counterparts (Harbour, Emolga, DinoTown). I'm not scum reading here but I am not as partial to townleaning as I initially was. A lot of talk about the way the game is rather than the content and I want some display of solving at some point.

That interjection was the second ever post I made here, after the RQS. Since this is my first game here, I realized my experiences were very different so I asked it to be sure so I could keep up.
As for less substantial, not sure what more substance or solving you're looking for? I tried to give insights about stuff I was skeptical about.

I keep forgetting about f11 and rereading Jacob, not scum leaning him as much as I did before, I'm not really giving the pass despite the explanation that it wasn't joking.

it’s not a joke I get scum vibes from Jacob but it’s seems like trundle is also pushing it so I might back off. But Jacobs explicit phrasing of “dan and trundle are town” is sus because it framed him as also being town by pointing it out. I perceived it as jacob wanting to be seen as good by not letting innocent townies lynch eachother when you really can’t know that in day 1. It just seems like a sus comment that didn’t really add to the game except to help jacob. A more useful (town) statement would probably include evidence and now that day 1 jacob hasn’t called anyone sus or given what he believes are scumleans. Tldr: this dude hasn’t done anything this game but try to absolve himself lmfao

There's a depth to this I wasn't expecting and for the time in the thread it happened it seemed like acceptable criticism but this is just about the only explained read from Crys, nothing since, aside from a popin doubting the scum team is 3 new players. Keeping my eyes on f11's updated reads.

QUOTE="Jacob, post: 8599732, member: 88869"]
To clarify, when Dan and Trundle we're arguing what the "town wincon" was, I first reread the OP and found what Aiden was referring to, then I checked my own PM to see where Daniel was getting his argument (which he later quoted was actually from the OP as well. The op just said 2 different things at different places). I then said "Dan v Trundle is Town v Town" in reference to their interaction being something two town would be having, rather than "oh Dan might've caught scum." Maybe i should've said "this is overkill and non indicative."

I do think you should maybe read back tho because I kinda don't like how the ball was rolling and Aiden jumped along on you scum leaning me after misreading one of my posts which I didn't intend to be ambiguous. I think that's also why Heyden was pushing back on you scum reading me.
[/QUOTE]

Can you clarify what your read on Heyden is here? As well as an overall read on Heyden, really.

Also you mentioned a scumpool so I'm curious as to what it is for you.

F

I hate pressing where you want to type on mobile.

You could theorize I'm trying to keep tabs on townies because I'm mafia, but realistically I'm just trying to figure out who is playing like their normal town self.

Personally this is a weird thing to say as a townie? I get being all defensive but honestly with how much you've been trying to explain, it's putting a lot of attention on you. This sounds like "You may think I'm a mafia but I swear I'm not." Little sus.

I don't think that I am "not owning up to my actions" in any regard though. I know I'm playing bad. The reason I care about all the people sussing me is because if I'm lynched I'm not going to get the opportunity to play the game very much, and it will be a waste of a lynch for town.

If you knew you were playing bad (and on post #255, "You see, I am not a smart man.") and people tried to tell you your faults like overexplaining, why continue with the behavior? I'm starting to believe you'rd digging a hole for yourself, not sure if on purpose or by accident. A bit skeptical nonetheless. Idk if there are TPs in this game but I'd reckon that if you were mafia, you'd do better at hiding, or if you were townie you'd at least make yourself a little less skeptical.

I'm leery of Sheabae's wanting to get the ball rolling on shawo. It seems awfully convenient and piggybacking off of what a lot of people have already said about shawo.

It's also kinda weird given that shawo has not said anything in their defense yet really. I'm willing to give more time for them to respond or share anything that proves they're worth keeping around.

tbh I think the potential scum pairing we should be considering the most rn is Jacob and Trundle

Good morning people, I have read everything I missed.
I'm feeling a little more worried about Trundle after the 'I am not a smart man.' post, however, I'm not sure if that's just me struggling to wrap my head around how someone can just... not read their entire role PM.
I don't wanna turn around and be all 'oh yeah Trundle is def scum' if the response I'm supposed to be having is 'wow yeah that wasn't smart'.
Hi Dino, you aren't really "supposed" to feel anything. Go with your gut instinct and try to logically deduce what's going on.

To me, Trundle's "I am not a smart man" post also rubs me the wrong way, but almost everything he's doing is rubbing me the wrong way, so it's not really unique. For all I know Trundle could really just be folding under a lot of pressure here and is actually town, but rn I feel he is one of the safest scumleans, broadly speaking.

Sorry I didn't correctly refer to you earlier btw...

Last edited:
Right now my big brain pairing is Trundle and Mogyay

Also I will just state for the record that while I trust Daniel for the time being, I do find it strange he just deadass agreed with my reads post and didn't seem to offer any level of disagreement or clarification on it. Contrast this with glow, who did state she agreed with a lot of what I said, but then snipped out a portion of my reads on Trundle and indicated disagreement with my Trundle read.

Not saying Daniel is remotely scum but this is an uncharacteristically lazy move on his part, imo

the last game i played punchy locked me as town on day 1 so it's not unusual for him to say it. while this made me rly wary last game i didn't think too much of it afterward since i had been playing pretty regularly as both mafia and town but this game it's just rly weird to say something like that with certainty, u can't 'town lock' someone and one post letter change ur mind, town locks don't work that way, idk how u can have that much confidence in one post unless ur aware of something. anyway i don't rly have much thoughts atm bc it's 7am (lol) i'll be back on tmrw hopefully w some reads since ik i haven't rly commented on anyone beside a couple

**as in i had been actively playing, i feel like when someone hasn't played for years u can't rly townlock them based on how they used to play, idk if that makes sense i'm tired lol

It's full-on Punchy town meta. Don't bite me in the rear and flip scum, Punchy.

Right now my big brain pairing is Trundle and Mogyay
So do you think this also implicate Punchy? Or would he just be town and wrong on Mog here if this big brain theory is right

and right as I post that, you answered my question already. Ninja'd

Also I will just state for the record that while I trust Daniel for the time being, I do find it strange he just deadass agreed with my reads post and didn't seem to offer any level of disagreement or clarification on it. Contrast this with glow, who did state she agreed with a lot of what I said, but then snipped out a portion of my reads on Trundle and indicated disagreement with my Trundle read.

Not saying Daniel is remotely scum but this is an uncharacteristically lazy move on his part, imo

Honestly your reads posts and what developed after was enough for me to townread you strongly.

I think Dan is worldbuilding in a way that doesn't come off as orchestrated and I like his paranoia about me, feels healthy. Trundle vote shows commitment to solve. Came out of the win condition discussion looking the most towny by nature of being the first to be correct. Dude is solid town for me until further notice.

So do you think this also implicate Punchy? Or would he just be town and wrong on Mog here if this big brain theory is right

and right as I post that, you answered my question already. Ninja'd

I'm just looking at the readslist from Trundle I still hate, the flat out (initially) scumread of Mogyay and turned around immediately said it was a reaction test which is why I big brain see it as potential distancing theater but eh, just hyperfocused on that specific readslist I guess.

Last edited:
I was wondering, but is Daniel usually confident from his meta? Kind of a bold move to vote Trundle first and immediately. Can't say much about Daniel since this is the first time I've seen everyone in action, but from the way Daniel deduces he seemed confident and really sure that the vote wasn't made in hesitation and he didn't need more input to change his mind.

Sorry, might clarify that the 'bold move' was voting first and immediately. I'm not surprised they'd suspect Trundle.

Sorry I didn't correctly refer to you earlier btw...
No worries, it's chill

Going off of how people would vote in Madness, the first person to vote for anything other than 'abstain' is typically innocent, and usually confident they can convince the rest of the group as such. Either that or a jester-type role. A mafia normally knows that a bold move like that is going to draw attention to them that they can do without. I know Madness and Mafia aren't exactly the same game, but the logic behind it would still apply. So I have a strong townlean for Dan right now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back