• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Mafia TBT Mafia: Renaissance - Game Thread [ENDGAME - Town Wins]

Status
Not open for further replies.
taes behavior has thrown me off the most so far since they’ve commented twice on the game and it’s been passive comments on how the game usually behaves and that D1 is very quiet. These weak comments would contribute to why D1 is uneventful. While it’s clear that they’ve read the game so far, they choose to comment on practically nothing

idk how to play meta when my meta was 100% tunneling toad.

wait what

He sniped a cop claim on mafia and gave cop cover to give town an extra mislynch, which was a huge factor in town's win that game.
Post automatically merged:

tae just try and make a readslist or something

This is a bit of a surface read but there's something about the wording of the reads list here that I find really pockety, particularly with echoing the same thought on f11 when I'm not sure if they're joking or not and calling me a mastermind and stuff. The moment I put Jacob at the bottom of my list and side with him he goes in on suspecting Jacob harder and it reflects in the read of f11 and others. If you're already basing your reads off Jacob like this then you should have the certainty to place a vote on him for one.

But also what are you talking about with 'unintentional breadcrumbing of my role PM' here?

Also I think DinoTown is not the same as Emolga and a differentiation should be made.

I skipped the RQS and I think another person or two have as well so why does glow get the heat from you for skipping it?

Why the intensity about mog more than Jacob with all of your reads here considered?

As for the rest of this post:
DinoTown vs Emolga
I have played with neither of them but I do admit DinoTown has contributed more to the game than Emolga has so far. I believe I wrote in my reads that I find DinoTown interesting and that is because it is always interesting to see new players that seem to be genuinely interested in the game and catch on fast. I find that it is actually pretty town behaviour to do so, as I think new mafia players come off as passive/disinterested since their team tells them to be very careful in the thread.

glow???
I did not intend to put "heat" on glow, I just thought it was interesting she skipped the RQS and at the time I made the post I didn't realize anyone else had skipped it. Again, I just find glow a really interesting player.

why intensity about mog?
As mentioned in a previous post, the mog thing was just a reaction test. Honestly I'm probably not qualified to reaction test and it may have been dumb but it will be helpful when one of us die, I'm sure.

If there is anything else you would like an answer for please let me know! I think I got everything.

then what were you getting at then? why are you using meta as a defense? i don't think people are actually scum meta reading you yet
In mogs defense she didn't really use meta as her own defense so much as replying to me describing her "meta" in a non-accusing way. Again she's just very introspective

just thought it was weird that he thought i was capable of those things when in the history of me ive not been. but anyway it was a dumb comment from me

f11 themselves have stated that they haven't played mafia in a while. additionally, saying something in a joking manner isn't very alignment indicative? i'm unsure as to why you've put them on a slight townlean, unless this read was a joke.

what is your take on shawo's response to heyden's joke read from the rqs?
it’s not a joke I get scum vibes from Jacob but it’s seems like trundle is also pushing it so I might back off. But Jacobs explicit phrasing of “dan and trundle are town” is sus because it framed him as also being town by pointing it out. I perceived it as jacob wanting to be seen as good by not letting innocent townies lynch eachother when you really can’t know that in day 1. It just seems like a sus comment that didn’t really add to the game except to help jacob. A more useful (town) statement would probably include evidence and now that day 1 jacob hasn’t called anyone sus or given what he believes are scumleans. Tldr: this dude hasn’t done anything this game but try to absolve himself lmfao

just thought it was weird that he thought i was capable of those things when in the history of me ive not been. but anyway it was a dumb comment from me

I don't think it was dumb it was just contradicting to what you said earlier but i see now what you're getting at

idk how to play meta when my meta was 100% tunneling toad.

sounds like you're just excusing yourself for not contributing. you could at least try

sounds like you're just excusing yourself for not contributing. you could at least try

i mean at least i’ve read and posted along the way. there’s still people who’ve barely said hellos. i’m not quite sure why everyone’s been so damn snippy towards me specifically about it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

i mean at least i’ve read and posted along the way. there’s still people who’ve barely said hellos. i’m not quite sure why everyone’s been so damn snippy towards me specifically about it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

yea but none of your posts are actually commenting on players of the game. I think that presence but lack of susbtance is not better than complete absence. Those who've only posted once technically could be inactives/new/not up to date yet but that doesn't seem to be your case

So:
lock - 100% town/scum
read - very sure town/scum
lean - might be town/scum?

Yup

yea but none of your posts are actually commenting on players of the game. I think that presence but lack of susbtance is not better than complete absence. Those who've only posted once technically could be inactives/new/not up to date yet but that doesn't seem to be your case

I honestly think you're being a bit pushy for D1. Give people time to get into the zone or you're just going to make them wanna sit the entirety of D1 out. There are a lot of people and it can be hard to find a spot to jump in.

currently reading up on the thread, the game started late for me so i was asleep for the good majority of the game so far 👌
will comment on things after i finish reading

I find Trundle's read list strange. . Just placing Mog as random scum is really weird, especially because it was specifically stated that there isn't much to go off of. Now, since this is D1 there is a good chance that it's simply gut feeling.

For a couple seconds, Punchy's posts seemed strange in how they were formatted. To me, they almost read like a stanza in a poem. After looking at all the other posts of Punchy's, I don't think it's important.

I'm not quite familiar with everyone's play styles cause it's been so long since I've played, but those two things are the only things that really stick out in my mind after going through the thread.

I find Trundle's read list strange. . Just placing Mog as random scum is really weird, especially because it was specifically stated that there isn't much to go off of. Now, since this is D1 there is a good chance that it's simply gut feeling.
Didn't Trundle also Town someone completely?

Last edited:
Why those three people for your scum team choices?

Your answer about Daniel just seemed like it came from 'let me look at what has been posted so far and use that for an answer' and I'm not sure what that says about you, that you wouldn't just be like 'I haven't played with these people' but it mildly pings me. I'm just trying to find something to pick at probably want to call it null. Mostly I want to know why you guess those three and know why you think they could all be on the same team as well given their back and forth in earlier pages.
@Geoni I didn't know that we could say "I haven't played with these people" so I thought I had to list some people for my scum team list.
Being able to read some more stuff, I completely regret my choices for my rqs

I ended up choosing those three people for my scum team because: (reasons below, there wasn't that much to work with though)

Daniel: A smart move for a mafia would be to take leadership in my opinion. I think this because normally in games like these there would be one or two people who would normally take leadership to help their fellow townies which would be a smart move by the mafia to go ahead and take the leadership role to get everyone off their radar

Jacob and Trundle: I'm gonna be completely honest here I didn't know who to choose and it seemed like quite a bit of people were choosing those two and like I said before I thought it was mandatory to come up with a scum team that consists of three people

Emola: you don't have to choose 3 people for a scum team. you could've answered (or not answered at all) the questions in any way you would've liked. I think it's somewhat interesting to see how people may subconsciously choose names (especially if they flip scum later).

For your 3 scum team. Are you saying that Trundle, Jacob and I are on the same maf team? And for your for read on me, do you think im maf because my reads have been inconsistent? cuz I can see both town and scum trying to lead town (town to scum hunt and maf to mislynch)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back