• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Mafia TBT Mafia: Renaissance - Game Thread [ENDGAME - Town Wins]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked back to the last hour again and compiled posts that I think contributed to the panic of EoD. I def think maf contributed to it. Ik these are a lot of quotes and the entire last 10 min are panic, but the things that I think escalated the game was: the yelling and emotional argument between Shawo and Antonio, announcements of flips of votes (me, mog, trundle, a lot of people), talks to lynching other people in the last 20 min (crys, glow, heyden, punchy), and just things like continually saying "this is getting crazy/wtf is happening." Whether intentional or not, I think these still contributed to the hysteria. I think that the scum contributing to this hysteria are probably heyden, glow, and panda while the others were just being more emotional and unsure. trying to blitz a player while you've been quite the majority of the game is not a good look (i get people were busy but the last 20 min common). also talking about other sus people but not wanting to lynch them yet i find is confusing and distracting when they could be talked about later.

Cuz ur playing like **** dude.
We should wait till day 2 to at least talk about it. If mafia doesn't vote him off, it will make him seem more like mafia then town.
Post automatically merged:

Can you explain or are you just salty so you want me dead?
i'm sorry guys i'm normally scheduled to be in class for 9 hours on Tuesdays + i woke up to a call from work and worked all this morning so this is actually the worst possible day in my schedule for a vote to happen ;____;

i'm reading now
ok people are bringing good points on jacob and his lack of committing to an actual scum read before the last hour is setting off an alarm

im starting to believe jacob is more scum over trundle (as i don't think they could be on a team together) but trundle has also disapeared and his apparent cluelessness before still does not sit right with me. Ill probs still keep my trundle vote but if he actually ends up being town is def jacob. if he's scum jacob is probably not maf
where was that ISO. why are you voting for a wagon that is not happening and doing nothing to convince us to vote evan
oof guys I'm sorry I had work all day and I forgot about the voting, and I have what 20+ pages to read? agghhh

Who should I vote and why
oh wow so I guess Jacob wants to vote me
YOU DID. YOU WERE THE ONE WHO SAID COP. THAT IS WHY I AM UPSET.
I have 400 posts to read omg
When is EOD
I'm back and reading up just so everyone is aware I'm not abandoning the game for EOD or anything
i'm going to just go ahead and place my vote just now then, i don't think me voting for anyone else is particularly smart as i'm pretty sure it's trundle vs jacob for now, i'm not really confident on either, i'm never rly confident day 1 i'm sry, at least jacob is here though, i feel like if trundle was town he'd have shown by now to fight his case SO I DON'T RLY KNOW WHAT TO DO lol
IM SORRY, I THOUGHT YOU SAID COP. I don't think you are scum anymore and looking back. Why couldn't you have said this earlier?
okay ill switch to jacob the evidence for him keeps piling up for me. ill work on trundle D2 but i admit im conflicted since i sus both but don't think both are on a team
BECAUSE HAVING TO RESPOND TO YOUR POST MADE EVERYTHING I WAS TRYING TO DO WORSE.

OBVIOUSLY I HAVE A PLAN. I'M GONNA LET MAFIA SHAKE. FEAR ME.
Heyden are you scum be honest
Panda is splitting her vote for some reason so weird idk if I had the choice I’d vote her but rn definitely not Trundle

No....
I'm what ? splitting my vote ? I voted !
@oath2order sir are you at work do you have any thoughts on the main wagons?
I'm also not a fan of Locket at this point but that's a risky CFD.
Ok for Trundle vs Jacob

The one post about Jacob that I’be skimmed that was really weird was ‘cop should investigate Trundle or whoever’, it’s not the PR advising part its the ‘whoever’, it just felt so wrong?

I just think Trundle blabbering about his wincon and reaction testing mogyay is just too wild.

If anyone wants to BW Panda that’s good too : )
cfd panda moment pls
My questions aren't dumb. You barely contributed **** either.
start a wagon on your biggest scumread and convince people to follow you
just cause I'm not flooding the thread with post doesn't mean I'm not forming opinions... I voted the way I did cause I truly don't feel comfortable with Harbour and the Trundle vote started to feel uneasy with how calm it was....
We don't know who's cop or if they are willing to claim during day 2?
i just realised theres no way that i'm reading 10 pages with any sort of critical thinking applied to it
Unfortunately I'm not at all confident in my read. I'm just fairly certain that this lynch is probably town/town. Not to mention EVEN if trundle is mafia, that puts the people who flip on Jacob towards the end as more likely to be mafia.
i mean trundle still hasn't rly said anything yet
i'm actually down

her or oath
Crys and glow ensemble
I like to think I'm being voted because mafia is scared of my controvial pickups on small tells 😎 and not because im just embarassingly bad 😎
i am continually conflicted

i don’t mind either lynch but who i think should be lynched more is on a fine line
Glow you can't just flip randomly. I need you to just. Trust the things I said that you haven't read yet.

I actually think damniel is a valid counterwagon I just don't want to lynch them. I feel like he's done so many good things, yet is still so scummy at the same time.
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHY JACOB IS SUS'D? DID YOU NOT SEE HIS REACTION WITH DANIELS TOWARDS TRUNDLES POST ABOUT THE TOWN WINCON
Vot

vote panda
WHERE WERE ALL OF Y'ALL EARLIER? WE COULD'VE HAD THIS DISCUSSION BEFORE AN HOUR TIL.
this is crazy.....
i'm down for panda

haven't contributed much at all and from past experiences when she does this it lasts for the game

why oath though?
10 mins til im confused where this is all coming from now?
The more punchy talks the more I like their points. I feel like they've hit a lot of really great points. Like, no one else really summarizes a lot of the things that's happened in a reasonable way.

I might. Vote damniel. Against my own judgement.
I’ve been sus of panda since her rqs and lack of activity

i was sus of jacob because of generally weird reads but I also missed some information
claim jacob
why are you telling people how to vote ? thats insane....
Ok now it’s coming back to me why I TR Jacob last night so idk, but how could it be Trundle lmfao

just vote Panda omg
can u guys ISO oath and you'll understand

Once we get through night, we'll understand mafia KP and also a little bit about what blue roles are active in this game. EoD interactions will play a pretty big role in what happens beginning of D2. Seeing how people were interacting and being able to pick stuff out from this.

I was asking for thoughts on players' end of day behaviors, tones, and votes. I want to see you actively trying to solve this game.

also i wanna note that the last quote from glow is literally saying figure it out yourself in the last 8 min why you should vote oath like lol no ones gonna do an ISO that late

Once we get through night, we'll understand mafia KP and also a little bit about what blue roles are active in this game. EoD interactions will play a pretty big role in what happens beginning of D2. Seeing how people were interacting and being able to pick stuff out from this.
you can still post your thoughts today even if they change after N1

god with over 1k posts this game is gonna be super annoying to read back

Last edited:
@Damniel most of those people panicked because they failed to get an earlier start on reading this game earlier, I actually find it more of a towny quality if anything as long as it's coming from a place of either not feeling the top wagons are scummy enough to have confidence in them, they're seeing things at EoD they don't like and want to make sure to call it out, trying to come to a compromise or being thrown off about sharing a wagon with someone they don't like, etc. The thing that needs to be distinguished is whether or not players use that sentiment of not agreeing with the top lynches to hide within people who have little chance of being CFD'D which is why I distinguish people like Panda and Oath (you could say the same for glow and Harbour but eh, not feeling it) from people like Heyden and Punchy who were on the other person who seemed like they could have been a CFD.

I didn't edit that post ness its a post merge idk why it says an edit. kinda feel like shawo early d1 now lol

@Damniel most of those people panicked because they failed to get an earlier start on reading this game earlier, I actually find it more of a towny quality if anything as long as it's coming from a place of either not feeling the top wagons are scummy enough to have confidence in them, they're seeing things at EoD they don't like and want to make sure to call it out, trying to come to a compromise or being thrown off about sharing a wagon with someone they don't like, etc. The thing that needs to be distinguished is whether or not players use that sentiment of not agreeing with the top lynches to hide within people who have little chance of being CFD'D which is why I distinguish people like Panda and Oath (you could say the same for glow and Harbour but eh, not feeling it) from people like Heyden and Punchy who were on the other person who seemed like they could have been a CFD.

i can see this but couldn't these last minute joins ins just also have been lurkers who didn't see a need to jump in until EoD? I think there are better times to talk about issues they have but aren't necessarily relevant to who they're voting. It just read as too distracting to me and i didn't see a need for these random call outs in the last few mins.

Do you think Panda could've been lynched? I only got the sense that Heyden, Punchy, Crys, and Glow were for the CFD but Crys and Glow didn't commit in the end. Glow ended up just sticking to oath so there was really only 3 potential votes to that wagon

oh it did it again is this a mod kill gg

Last edited:
Harbour had his eyes
maybe harbour had her* eyes
thank you <3
Harbour's idk how to feel about. (reference to my vote)
for anybody wondering why my vote was in the last hours of eod, eod is in the morning for me and i had legit woke up and quickly voted. shawo and punchy were equally as sus for me before, but i didn't like the feel of punchy's posts and his direct assumptions which were solely meta-based, which is why i voted for him. i didn't understand the whole trundle ordeal and didn't want to vote for him. i do agree that jacob was pushy but i felt that i was more confident with punchy being scum.
shawo's explanation for no lynch did have basis behind it, but i didn't agree with a 'deathless day' because that would be a waste of a phase in my opinion, so that's why i didn't go with that.
Harbour seems really off to me. I really wish I could explain it more than "their reads don't make sense to me." They clearly read the game, so I'm wondering why they called me scummy there.
i said this before but i very quickly skimmed through the thread once i woke up for eod. i had like ~15 pages to read full of long posts and arguments so i quickly looked past everything then made up my mind to vote.

i'm quite busy and have to leave now but i will be doing a list including everybody and my thoughts. i need to re-read the thread, especially posts i skimmed through and look at people's posts separately. i'm aiming to do this before the phase ends.

anyways its 2am and i got class later. i think i posted the majority of my current thoughts but ill reiterate them sometime before EoN. I did ignore all my hw to be there for most of D1 so i gotta work on that now lol

I didn't edit that post ness its a post merge idk why it says an edit. kinda feel like shawo early d1 now lol

i can see this but couldn't these last minute joins ins just also have been lurkers who didn't see a need to jump in until EoD? I think there are better times to talk about issues they have but aren't necessarily relevant to who they're voting. It just read as too distracting to me and i didn't see a need for these random call outs in the last few mins.

Do you think Panda could've been lynched? I only got the sense that Heyden, Punchy, Crys, and Glow were for the CFD but Crys and Glow didn't commit in the end. Glow ended up just sticking to oath so there was really only 3 potential votes to that wagon

oh it did it again is this a mod kill gg

Yeah if they didn't see the need to join in and we're lurking then that's characteristic of how less dedicated members of a mafia team can be when the top two lunch candidates are town.

I feel that if the people involved had just pushed it an hour or so sooner Panda could have been a CFD and personally I just stuck with Jacob because I have a strong townread on Trundle and thought Jacob looked scummy enough. But as it stands Panda was more of CFDable person than Heyden for example.

Alright I've finally read up.
I'm just gonna address that I came into the thread like 30 mins before EoD because I slept in, and yeah I'm usually more active but something happened in the family as soon as this game commenced so I'm trying my best to keep up.

On that note, I did think Trundle vs Jacob was a town vs town, but obviously with 30 minutes there's not much I could've done to sway the opinions of 19 other people, so I picked Jacob. His early posts were very towny but some of the later game posts felt forced at times, so sorry Jacob.

BUT, once glow and Crys agreed to bandwagoning Panda, yes I did see that as an opportunity to move my vote onto someone who I didn't townread, so yeah I voted Panda. Crys ended up voting for Jacob anyway despite having a scumread on Panda, and glow voted oath which did nothing except split the vote more. @Daniel I can see why you'd be sus of me for creating more hysteria, but I could've sat on my Jacob vote and no one would've blinked honestly.

maybe harbour had her* eyes
thank you <3

for anybody wondering why my vote was in the last hours of eod, eod is in the morning for me and i had legit woke up and quickly voted. shawo and punchy were equally as sus for me before, but i didn't like the feel of punchy's posts and his direct assumptions which were solely meta-based, which is why i voted for him. i didn't understand the whole trundle ordeal and didn't want to vote for him. i do agree that jacob was pushy but i felt that i was more confident with punchy being scum.
shawo's explanation for no lynch did have basis behind it, but i didn't agree with a 'deathless day' because that would be a waste of a phase in my opinion, so that's why i didn't go with that.

i said this before but i very quickly skimmed through the thread once i woke up for eod. i had like ~15 pages to read full of long posts and arguments so i quickly looked past everything then made up my mind to vote.

i'm quite busy and have to leave now but i will be doing a list including everybody and my thoughts. i need to re-read the thread, especially posts i skimmed through and look at people's posts separately. i'm aiming to do this before the phase ends.

I'm notoriously terrible with gender even after reading people's RQS and stuff, sorry to you as well. Wish they had gender you can see under the avatar or something on mobile.

Anyways, if you are not in the same hemisphere as most of the players your end if day appearance makes sense. Still I guess my only qualm with you despite your clarification here is that it's lacking compromise and feels disconnected and your lack of interactions compared to others contributes to that, however I see a lot of people have that reaction to Punchy because his playstyle can be very all over the place and shift suddenly based on a single post or minute point and he did it to you. Punchy should be the first one to tell you this and if he doesn't he's lacking self-awareness lol.

And I'm not saying you shouldn't listen to Punchy because of his playstyle it's just something that I think can become a bit of a distraction for people when it comes to him. I like where his vote is by the final votecount.

Panda x Oath mafia team

Okay I actually think Panda is scum, Oath is more a gut scum read based on the few things he’s posted. I’ll make a post when I’m bothered tonight or tomorrow zzz.

Last edited:
I'm notoriously terrible with gender even after reading people's RQS and stuff, sorry to you as well. Wish they had gender you can see under the avatar or something on mobile.

Anyways, if you are not in the same hemisphere as most of the players your end if day appearance makes sense. Still I guess my only qualm with you despite your clarification here is that it's lacking compromise and feels disconnected and your lack of interactions compared to others contributes to that, however I see a lot of people have that reaction to Punchy because his playstyle can be very all over the place and shift suddenly based on a single post or minute point and he did it to you. Punchy should be the first one to tell you this and if he doesn't he's lacking self-awareness lol.

And I'm not saying you shouldn't listen to Punchy because of his playstyle it's just something that I think can become a bit of a distraction for people when it comes to him. I like where his vote is by the final votecount.
this is town dad

he didn't try to push an opinion on harbour

he just told her the facts

Still I guess my only qualm with you despite your clarification here is that it's lacking compromise and feels disconnected and your lack of interactions compared to others contributes to that, however I see a lot of people have that reaction to Punchy because his playstyle can be very all over the place and shift suddenly based on a single post or minute point and he did it to you. Punchy should be the first one to tell you this and if he doesn't he's lacking self-awareness lol.

okay thanks for the clarification on punchy, i was completely unaware of his normal playstyle, however i'll always have the paranoia for when somebody will change their playstyle as instructed by teammates. i also thought that the other games on this forum were outdated so i didn't want to read them either. seeing that this is the case, i'm going to find it eminently difficult to read punchy if his playstyle is normally this way. part of this is due to the fact that i despise reading people based off of meta alone.

i'm inclined to believe that the panda wagon was just last-minute panic and people second-guessing themselves. still unsure of why punchy voted daniel because i find daniel's frequent questioning quite beneficial to town.

reads list in the making.

What is AI.

Honestly the issue is the fact that Day 1, I just don't know how to do Day 1 anymore. This is where I'd rank myself tbh.

As I'm going through this, yeah, this really is ****ing hard without filters.

I'm legit trying to not respond to things myself and leaning on the "I haven't played in years". IDK. I think the Amazonevan v. Trundle thing is just day1 overeager town v. overeager town. But.

jesus god you and ashton. ****ing christ.

But this post comes off as what I view as an unnecessary apology and an attempt to "make amends" with us so we don't vote for you.

Those were old forum links and don't work now.

all my work.

gone
I guess Heyden for my flimsy thing I provided and Trundle.

A TLDR on tae would help me.

@tae To answer your question: work

I think one of the points going -for- Oath is that he really doesn't have much fear about looking lazy and bad but because myself and I think one other have pointed out be tends to have a lazy d1 in his meta it doesn't gain any town cred.

Not sure where the Trundle sus is coming from for Oath when in this ISO I am not seeing him explain his agreement with what was a popular suspicion. Which just works to maintain the heat on Trundle while not actually pushing Heyden.

Ok unless I'm convinced of someone else in the next few hours I'm going with Heyden for reasons previously stated.

Again, lacks a push when his other sus has a wagon on him and doesn't really add to the discussion on Trundle still.

quick question if damniel is town then is trundle maf

and if trundle flips first does it also apply

His feeling about Trundle doesn't come up again until this point and it feels like a really shallow 'yeah we should view this as town vs scum' which is not all that satisfying. Why not solve that rather than sit on a wagon going nowhere if you actually believe that is how you should solve them. Yikes if you're town and you do.

yes but on d1 especially

This was in response to 'is nl dumb' and eh, it makes sense for him to say this as either alignment I think so I want to call it NAI but if oath is scum and it was two town top wagons then this is worth shooting down.

##VOTE: Heyden

Around 50 minutes before EoD and after I switched my vote off Heyden.

Totally not a revenge sus

Him calling Heyden omgus. Meh.

Okay uh hun I work from 6am to 6pm. Nist because I was able to play mafia nonstop way back in the day doesn't mean I have the time to now.

Work as an excuse doesn't vibe well with me because I am working multiple 13-15 hour shifts this week and still trying although work does let me get on my cell a bit. Regardless I keep trying when I get home. I'm not expecting you to be the same as me I'm just expecting some sort of eagerness to solve at a point.

When I asked you why you made d1 laziness a part of your meta you told me it's because you like to have a flip and look at information that comes from it in a past game. Expecting that from you.

Okay so yes I do feel like the Jacob lynch was a rush of emotion. I should have pushed Heyden more.

Already went over this but this is his only post after the flip and I am assuming he had to go to bed but I still don't care for it being all he's had to say after Jacob flipped.

Speaking of people who are lacking a sense of eagerness I feel like I'm giving glow too much of a pass, she says she'll come back with notes (and developed reads I assume) but I don't see why she couldn't get some of that out there before EoD if she wasn't caught up. She's probably not aligned with Oath but I expected just a little more pushiness after the reads she did manage to throw out there day 1. I guess my feeling here is that I don't want her to slide by.

okay thanks for the clarification on punchy, i was completely unaware of his normal playstyle, however i'll always have the paranoia for when somebody will change their playstyle as instructed by teammates. i also thought that the other games on this forum were outdated so i didn't want to read them either. seeing that this is the case, i'm going to find it eminently difficult to read punchy if his playstyle is normally this way. part of this is due to the fact that i despise reading people based off of meta alone.

i'm inclined to believe that the panda wagon was just last-minute panic and people second-guessing themselves. still unsure of why punchy voted daniel because i find daniel's frequent questioning quite beneficial to town.

reads list in the making.

I'm guessing you despise meta alone because you aren't a regular here? It's an understandable feeling to have but meta plays an important part in the playstyles of many.

Looking forward to updated reads.

Panda's ISO has more than I thought it did so I'll have to tackle that when I get home. Oath and Panda don't mention one another so teaming them isn't a stretch but with Oath especially, he hasn't really said much about most of the playerlist. Remind me not to forget Emolga ISO either.

Oh and there aren't nearly enough people giving a take on Locket.

Last edited:
Right okie dokie, following the voting thread I'm guessing the 'big stuff that would change my opinion on who to vote for' happened while I was asleep. Time to catch up.

DinoTown - I like him having thoughts and I think that’s towny but his thoughts aren’t that towny. This is a terrible explanation.
*her thoughts

Last edited:
everytime i'm about to scumread geoni he posts something towny

slippery......aren't u.....but ?wait?oath push (??) i'm cool.. we're cool....... unless....?

i guess i'm just lost on how dad managed to sr jacob AND trundle despite what happened regarding the role PM lmao

wincon PM *

So I'm just up to the end of the D1 posts and I can't see the clear reason for a sudden jump from Trundle to Jacob. Had I been awake, I might have changed my vote because of the pressure but being able to look at it now I think sticking with Trundle was the better choice. Time to catch up on 5-ish pages of N1 posts and see if there's anything to change my mind there.

So I'm caught up now and TBH I'm lost on what to think right now. So many of the posts clearly came from a place of panic over a very last minute Jacob wagon and then worry once Jacon was revealed to be town, so I'm not sure what to think, simply because I'm not used to seeing all of you in a situation like this and therefore can't pick apart the behaviours so well. I, personally, think the next best step would be to make updated reads lists and post them as new posts so it's not as hard to go searching through the sudden 1000+ posts goodness gracious, and go from there. I however will be holding off until some others have done that because I think looking at the way others are reading is gonna be my own best source for the time being since the panic and nearly night posts don't give me much to go from.

Feel free to tell me I'm stupid if that was a bad idea tho

Last edited:
yeah so i never went to bed

might sleep through eod if i go to sleep, might not sleep at all tbh

jacob wagon scummy as hell

Panda's ISO has more than I thought it did so I'll have to tackle that when I get home. Oath and Panda don't mention one another so teaming them isn't a stretch but with Oath especially, he hasn't really said much about most of the playerlist. Remind me not to forget Emolga ISO either.

oath hasn’t said much on anyone except like heyden. i think that he could be paired with most people really. Panda is probably scum tho but i see them paired with someone like shae much more. oath i can see being on any team tbh. you could say that he can’t be paired with glow bc of her last minute vote, but i agree that it was clear to her that oath wasn’t being lynch, so that weak push was just an attempt to get some town cred later. though you could also say that glow voting oath would’ve drawn to much attention, i think that glow has a good chance of being scum so im using this rational. panda/shae/oath/glow team? possibly, but those are all lurkers and i think that at least one of the scum are the more active players here and i would imagine some sort of leadership in the maf team

tbh emolga gives me the vibe of genuine confusion from not being present during EoD. i think anyone who wasn’t present would be confused as to what happened. i don’t want to give emolga a new player pass but i do think that the hesitancy doesn’t come from being scum. any new players they’re scum are most likely being guided by the experience teammates but i don’t think that emolga is being guided

anyways i’m still not letting go of shae’s vote and then mysterious dip.

other possible scum: heyden, shawo, trundle? will have to think about that more for tomorrow

i guess i'm just lost on how dad managed to sr jacob AND trundle despite what happened regarding the role PM lmao

he did tr trundle . i do admit his reads on trundle in the beginning where pretty unclear tho

everytime i'm about to scumread geoni he posts something towny
what were you gonna SR him for and what’s towny about his posts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back