• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Mafia TBT Mafia: Renaissance - Game Thread [ENDGAME - Town Wins]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@f11 OK I'm just curious, you wanted to bandwagon Panda with me but you then you voted Jacob anyway, why.

Geoni thank you for dissecting Oath's posts now I don't have to do it : ) You're right, his posts so far are kinda bleak covered up by the fact he doesn't know what to do D1, which is understandable. He just feels so weirdly distant from the thread though.

Panda I'll quote through her later (mobile sux), but if you look at her EoD activity she's trying so hard to look worried but isn't actually doing anything, she's just passively going along, soooooo awkward and out of place.

People slipping under the radar that could easily be scum IMO is Geoni and Glow, I mean I kind of townread both of them but I don't really know because they always seem town. Mafia will probably knock one of them out N1 anyway honestly so that's a problem for later :lemon:
Post automatically merged:

Locket as well feels very out of touch with the thread, and someone who will certainly coast by to endgame if ignored!!!!

In my RQS I mentioned that shawo is the player that concerns/scared me most. I think I was correct to be scared of him, because his posts have been very on point and he is honestly a really good player. I do not think he is mafia, however. To me, his attitude is very helpful for town and it seems like he is actively trying to push people to post their thoughts. I don't think a mafia player would argue so hard for a mathematically sound NL despite the many annoying obtuse responses he got. If I was active during the time he was explaining it, I would have definitely advocated for a no lynch because near the end of day, I was getting town vibes from Jacob (which is why I tried to switch to oath last minute, as it looked like a bandwagon could have quickly flopped over).

I truly do believe shawo is town. If shawo is mafia, anything is possible and I think we are doomed. I do not trust Geoni right now because I feel like, while he is contributing a lot of valuable reads, he is not pressuring anyone or directly pushing for any lynches. Geoni is a very good mafia player and he can go undetected as mafia for a very long time. The fact that my strongest town read now (shawo) has been mimicking my thoughts on Geoni in the thread has made me all the more cautious.

I disagree with shawo's read on Daniel. I still think Daniel is town and he just panicked at EOD, but if he is mafia he is playing a very good game.

Panda I'll quote through her later (mobile sux), but if you look at her EoD activity she's trying so hard to look worried but isn't actually doing anything, she's just passively going along, soooooo awkward and out of place.
This point I agree with, even as a newbie, I can tell looking at some posts that they just seem... off. I think that looking at her with more scrutiny over anyone else would be a good plan since she also received a decent amount of votes D1.

@Heyden i thought both jacob and panda were scum. If I swapped from jacob to panda not enough ppl would join besides I think you and glow?? And then trundle would have been lynched, and I see trundle still as town

Geoni thank you for dissecting Oath's posts now I don't have to do it : )

you should still do it. don’t let a player you think could be scum make your ISO for you

Mafia will probably knock one of them out N1 anyway honestly so that's a problem for later :lemon:

this is quite off putting and uncalled for a town to say tbh. especially when you also say that these two could be read as scum

which is why I tried to switch to oath last minute, as it looked like a bandwagon could have quickly flopped over

i still don’t get this. do you think oath could’ve been lynched? why and when did you sus oath? why didn’t you advocate for a NL instead with shawo?

you should still do it. don’t let a player you think could be scum make your ISO for you

this is quite off putting and uncalled for a town to say tbh. especially when you also say that these two could be read as scum

i still don’t get this. do you think oath could’ve been lynched? why and when did you sus oath? why didn’t you advocate for a NL instead with shawo?
By the time I made it to the thread, enough people (including you) had shot down NL as "just not how we doing things on TBT" and even shawo realized it wasn't going to happen. I saw 2 people mention oath and I had put suspicion on oath in my most recent reads list, which I quote below:

8. Oath2Order - He has not contributed much so far this game, and I actually am getting some red flags from it. I think as town he would be less withholding. I think he is trying to be careful so he is a very slight mafia lean for me right now.

@Heyden i thought both jacob and panda were scum. If I swapped from jacob to panda not enough ppl would join besides I think you and glow?? And then trundle would have been lynched, and I see trundle still as town
Oh I see, I thought you were townreading Jacob for some reason.

I mean he basically quoted all of Oath's posts for which he's basically posted nothing, so there's not much use in me doing it. I probably still will though.

AND I'M KIDDING. But from my experience those 2 always die even if they're scumread so.

Oh I see, I thought you were townreading Jacob for some reason.

I mean he basically quoted all of Oath's posts for which he's basically posted nothing, so there's not much use in me doing it. I probably still will though.

AND I'M KIDDING. But from my experience those 2 always die even if they're scumread so.

I mean you absolutely should. Just because his analysis is one thing doesn't mean that it's accurate. Never take someone's words at face value in this game lo

I mean you absolutely should. Just because his analysis is one thing doesn't mean that it's accurate. Never take someone's words at face value in this game lo
where's your analysis on anything tho. i don't recall ever seeing a post from you more than 2 lines

In my RQS I mentioned that shawo is the player that concerns/scared me most. I think I was correct to be scared of him, because his posts have been very on point and he is honestly a really good player. I do not think he is mafia, however. To me, his attitude is very helpful for town and it seems like he is actively trying to push people to post their thoughts. I don't think a mafia player would argue so hard for a mathematically sound NL despite the many annoying obtuse responses he got. If I was active during the time he was explaining it, I would have definitely advocated for a no lynch because near the end of day, I was getting town vibes from Jacob (which is why I tried to switch to oath last minute, as it looked like a bandwagon could have quickly flopped over).

I truly do believe shawo is town. If shawo is mafia, anything is possible and I think we are doomed. I do not trust Geoni right now because I feel like, while he is contributing a lot of valuable reads, he is not pressuring anyone or directly pushing for any lynches. Geoni is a very good mafia player and he can go undetected as mafia for a very long time. The fact that my strongest town read now (shawo) has been mimicking my thoughts on Geoni in the thread has made me all the more cautious.

I disagree with shawo's read on Daniel. I still think Daniel is town and he just panicked at EOD, but if he is mafia he is playing a very good game.

Bruh it's night we're not lynching anyone lmao. A shame you're basically saying 'I think this player is good and I think Geoni is good as scum so I'll just scumread them' and it's not helpful at all. Did you read my vote movement analysis and see who I said we should be looking at moving forward? Because if not you and the other people suddenly saying not to trust me need to in the least acknowledge it.

everytime i'm about to scumread geoni he posts something towny

slippery......aren't u.....but ?wait?oath push (??) i'm cool.. we're cool....... unless....?

i guess i'm just lost on how dad managed to sr jacob AND trundle despite what happened regarding the role PM lmao

wincon PM *

You still haven't caught up then? Also regarding what happened with the role PM thing neither were really cleared by it so idk what you're getting at about it. Dan was the first to really nail the actual wording and that's what gives him a little bit of towncred, the others didn't really gain any from it.

You said you had notes and stuff glow are you gonna post that before night ends?

Locket ISO

She’s been mentioned a couple times as an under the radar player and so I decided to give her some closer scrutiny. Apologies for the long ass post.

ayyy excited to be back playing some tbt mafia

1. What's your experience? I've played a few mafia games here in the past. I've also played Werewolf and Town of Salem.

2. What's your preferred alignment? Why? In all honestly I really enjoy being mafia despite not being mafia a ton.
3. Name 3 people for the scum team right now. Oath, Trundle, and Mog
4. Which player scares/concerns you the most? I haven't seen a ton of these people play mafia before so I'm not very scared of anyone?
5. How do you react to pressure? Depending on how I feel: I either avoid it or try to get out of pressure.
6. (Optional) What're your pronouns? She/her
I’m always wary of people who say “in all honesty” or “to be honest” because that indicates they may have reason to not be honest. Also “I haven’t seen a ton of people play mafia before so I’m not scared of anyone” is a bit of a lame noncommittal answer because that’s actually not accurate – she’s seen a lot of people here before – so the fact she is willing to name three people on a potential scumteam and yet is not willing to give an opinion on who frightens her is a little weird. It also sounds a little bit overconfident – perhaps if she’s on scum team and knows that she has an experienced roster of players like Geoni or glow on her side, then maybe she would feel that she would have nobody to fear?

I feel she’s hiding behind the fact that “zomgs there’s lots of new people” to avoid being boxed in later on via RQs. Overall from the RQs I’ve reviewed, Locket’s in retrospect is a little bit sus, though I will admit I am being picky about this.

currently reading up on the thread, the game started late for me so i was asleep for the good majority of the game so far
will comment on things after i finish reading

I find Trundle's read list strange. . Just placing Mog as random scum is really weird, especially because it was specifically stated that there isn't much to go off of. Now, since this is D1 there is a good chance that it's simply gut feeling.

For a couple seconds, Punchy's posts seemed strange in how they were formatted. To me, they almost read like a stanza in a poem. After looking at all the other posts of Punchy's, I don't think it's important.

I'm not quite familiar with everyone's play styles cause it's been so long since I've played, but those two things are the only things that really stick out in my mind after going through the thread.

Didn't Trundle also Town someone completely?

Casting shade on two players right out the bat, and focusing on something rather minor with Punchy’s post style. Nothing really AI for me here but this also isn’t exactly stellar content

All of Punchy's posts still have that "stanza" like ring to them. I feel like it most likely has something to do with a special role, but I have no idea if it'd be independent/scum/town. I can see it being a special thing in all alignments.
Again with the Punchy stanza stuff, which I don’t think will materialize into anything. At least it’s just demure D1 speculation but it could also just be her trying to post content and appear useful when it’s really not. It could also be her fishing to find out if Punchy is PR/TP.

^

As mentioned though, it is a normal set up so it might not even carry any meaning at all.

After Jacob said Locket’s speculation might have some weight, Locket agrees and then immediately backtracks. *shrug* Idk man. RN I just think this is a minor point not worth heavy consideration, but it is worth noting if a trend of Locket commentary on non-critical stuff continues

Sheabae said:

I have noPrior meta to go off like everyone here

they haven’t posted anything substantial

let’s get the ball rolling

Oh?

A one word response to Shebae’s strangely harsh immediate scumlean on shawo, although at this point shawo was acting really weird and dodging people’s questions like the plague. This is not a good look for Locket as I would expect more pressure from town Locket. I posted my initial unease with Shebae’s push a few posts later:

I'm leery of Sheabae's wanting to get the ball rolling on shawo. It seems awfully convenient and piggybacking off of what a lot of people have already said about shawo.

It's also kinda weird given that shawo has not said anything in their defense yet really. I'm willing to give more time for them to respond or share anything that proves they're worth keeping around.
I know that Sheabae has only done that post but judging from that, Punchy and Sheabae might have corresponding roles. If they are roles, then its most likely not a scum role pair.
Yeah, something like masons. I highly doubt they're both scum.
I am trying to find the posts Locket is referring to here but this is actually an intriguing and original possibility that does not seem to have been brought up again, so bonus points for Locket here I guess.

I'm not entirely sure how common masons are.
Honestly, I wouldn't worry much about Punchy's and Sheabae's posts until they both post more and we have more of an idea on roles. I thought it was something worth pointing out when I saw it. Since its only D1, it isn't too important.

On another note, here is who I have opinions on:

Damniel - town-lean
Trundle - scum-lean
PunchyDaHufflepuff - town-lean
Geoni - scum-lean
Sheabae - town-lean
tae - slight scum-lean
Shawo - I feel like Shawo is worth mentioning. Shawo is pretty null, but the inactivity is definitely questionable.

I'm putting Sheabae/Punchy as town-lean for now, they'll probably change depending on how the game unfolds.
Ooooook. Here I have major problems. First off, if the punchy/shebae interaction isn’t very important, then why note it? I have a really big issue with the sentence “Since its only D1, it isn't too important.” This feels like a way for her to dish out what equates to TP speculation on two players to seem useful, then just kinda go “ehhhh idk.”

Secondly, and most importantly, who on earth would townread two individuals who you just speculated to be masons, and had done nothing to deserve townleaning? Locket had speculated not many posts before about Punchy maybe being some weird role because of his poetry. No explanation as to why punchy deserves to be put on the same plane as Daniel…which presents another question. Why would you equate Shebae as a townlean to someone that was much more crucial to the thread discussion like Daniel? Like this shows a really bad lack of judgment cuz at this stage in the game Shebae only deserved a null, if not slight scumlean at best. Locket here is also oddly noncommittal on Shawo too.

After getting pressed by tae on her reads, this is what Locket said

A good majority of my reads right now are almost 100% gut feeling. I wouldn't say any of them are strong at all.

Geoni is definitely just gut feeling right now, along with you.

I do think that Trundle has posted some sus things and I agree with some thoughts from other players. (will elaborate more after I finish my school work)
Reads being gut feeling and not strong at this point are fine but given that she only had one modifier on her initial reads (“slight” scumlean etc.) this seems to be slightly contradictory. Like true, she never presented her reads as being ironclad, but I will gladly note the inconsistent and potentially revealing change in tone nonetheless. Also I don’t know what Geoni did to deserve a scumlean either at this point. So not a good look either here.

If we went with a NL it wouldn't be that effective imo. Depending on who gets killed tonight, a NL would give us less information.
This is a larger game than that, though. Going through with a lynch gives us more information. We have no idea what the mafia's KP is, and lynching will give us insight based on how everyone interacted.

If the mafia end up going for inactives and taking down the inactives, then we'll be left with almost nothing from what happens overnight.

I don't think we should do a NL, a lynch is our best chance to get information. Extra information may or may not come after night.
If we go with NL, there's a good chance we'll be stuck in a D1 type situation.
I agree with Antonio. If we wait more phases it'll just screw us over in the long run. Lynching D1 is our best bet for information to help us advance and lynch mafia.
Typical TBT logic which is parroting what a lot of people have already said and I happen to agree with. Fine posts but don’t add much and are remarkably repetitive. It is notably an interaction with shawo, who was at this time doing a full court press for a NL. She also agrees with Antonio – always good to keep note of who interacts with and agrees with who.

If Trundle flips town, we'll be able to see who targeted Trundle the hardest and we can move from there.
If Trundle flips scum, we'll be able to analyze his reads list and go from there.

If we gain information a day later, it would give mafia an advantage because we'll be clueless for ANOTHER day phase. It's a dumb decision to go with a NL. We know absolutely nothing, but mafia has knowledge.
Ok she FINALLY explains why a NL would be bad here. Pretty good look tbh.

Shawo claiming cop D1 is very strange and dangerous. I cannot think of a time where role-claiming D1 is actually useful and not harmful.
Did Shawo soft or claim cop? I’m confused here. Regardless tish mirrors my thoughts on claiming or fishing for roles day 1, so more points. Although do note that this is the last post of Locket’s before EoD. Locket was notably not around at all in the crucial final hour of D1 and makes me a little suspect, like she could’ve been talking with scumchat and monitoring things from there. She was around a half hour after EoD so it’s not like she was completely out of the picture – I hate picking on someone if they have a good excuse/IRL **** that happened during that time, but I can’t discount the possibility.

EoD was very intense and very sudden, and I think after night is over we'll have some very useful information to come from that EoD.

Blah post which again kinda just parrots what others are saying.

I honestly read through it pretty fast, but wow it was intense.

The whole vote flip all the sudden was very shocking. Going through the posts, the votes all changed and came in VERY VERY quick.
Another blah summary but something that is good to keep in mind is that Locket parked her vote on Trundle approximately 3.5 hours before EoD when he already had 3 votes compared to Jacob’s 1. By the time she stopped commenting on the thread before EoD, Trundle had a comfortable 6 votes compared to Jacob’s 3. I can easily see my scenario of scum Locket either monitoring scumchat or just flat dipping cuz she was fine with Trundle dying and was willing to let that go through. If I scumread Locket (which I am pretty near doing at this point in writing) then I have to almost by necessity read Trundle as town now, since scum Locket would’ve been fine with either Jacob or Trundle dying.

Once we get through night, we'll understand mafia KP and also a little bit about what blue roles are active in this game. EoD interactions will play a pretty big role in what happens beginning of D2. Seeing how people were interacting and being able to pick stuff out from this.
“Once we get through night,” potential perspective slip? She knows she’s getting through night maybe… :thonk: Notably also mentions blues and “picking stuff out from this.” This post reeks of a scum perspective and not town in my view. Waiting to see who dies and what happens so as to be able to “pick stuff.” Not good wording.

Overall I feel I am being a bit too nitpicky but there are also a lot of things that ping me and seem very off about Locket. Heyden had a really good point here too

Locket as well feels very out of touch with the thread, and someone who will certainly coast by to endgame if ignored!!!!

Well ignore her we shan’t. I almost certainly scumlean her right now and on my break will probably start thinking about potential pairings. Shebae def strikes me as a very likely teammate, and maybe Punchy too if we read enough into her early Mason speculation and townleaning of him.

Bruh it's night we're not lynching anyone lmao. A shame you're basically saying 'I think this player is good and I think Geoni is good as scum so I'll just scumread them' and it's not helpful at all. Did you read my vote movement analysis and see who I said we should be looking at moving forward? Because if not you and the other people suddenly saying not to trust me need to in the least acknowledge it.
My criticism of you not pushing for lynches was regarding your D1 gameplay overall rather than your vote analysis.
I read your vote analysis post but I disagree with your pushes on Panda and Emolga. I feel like Panda always plays weirdly and, although I haven't verified it, I am almost certain voting against wagons is a common theme for her regardless of alignment. I do agree moving forward with oath, but I know if you are mafia you would probably include at least one of your teammates in the list of people moving forward. Emolga I need to ISO but the vibes I've been getting are just newbie town vibes.

Also yeah with some time spent away from the thread I return feeling like f11 deserves some reconsideration and maybe tae but I still think Amazon is town despite that weird vote movement, it's not enough for me to turn against someone with really analytical reads that feel like town Evan.

There's going to be a spotlight on the Jacob wagon, that's to be expected, but the scumteam will just be spread out if I'm to continue believing it was two town wagons. I'm hoping that will be known by day 2 btw.

I've been looking at people who maintained those wagons by throwing doubt and suspicion on Trundle/Jacob while not necessarily hard-leading them because that's all that scum really has to do in a D1 like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back