• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Anime Thread

Would anybody have any manga recommendations? I’m pretty open to genres, just looking for something to get in to! If it helps, I’m currently finishing up a series called Shortcake Cake.

It’s the SatAM, time for a new My Hero Academia/Boku no Hero Academia episode!

Selkie and Sirius were having trouble tracking down some smugglers who are in possession of the illegal drug Trigger, which boosts a quirk many times than its original power. They requested help from the Ryukyu agency that Uraraka and Asui were working at. Meanwhile, Uraraka received a new hero costume with changes made to it from her old one. We also saw Uraraka, Nejire, Asui, and Sirius playing on the beach before the mission as Selkie wanted them to know what they’re trying to protect as heroes. The mission then started, and Selkie, with the help of Tsuyu, took control of the ship the smugglers were on. However, one of them started to escape on a plane. Uraraka was launched into the air with the help of a mechanical device and then latched onto the plane. She quickly went inside and took out the smuggler inside. However, she didn’t know how to fly a plane. Ryukyu and Nejire worked together to slow the plane enough for Uraraka to make it completely weightless, and then Ryukyu latched onto it and safely landed it. Uraraka didn’t want to let the plane crash because the illegal drugs would damage the ocean’s ecosystem.

Up next time on My Hero Academia, we go back to Midoriya, Bakugo, and Todoroki’s work with Endeavor. As Midoriya, Bakugo, and Todoroki struggle to keep up with Endeavor, Endeavor invites them to their home and they meet Todoroki’s family. Just what will happen in this super personal look into Todoroki’s life? Go beyond! Plus ultra!

Hey Midoryia, just wanted to let you know that you're the one that got me interested in checking out MHA. So far it's been good, but I have only been watching the English ver. anime. It kind of feels like what Naruto would had been had the author not did a complete switch up at the end with hardwork vs being gifted.

I honestly don't know why the author changed his mind so far into the series or if somehow his executives forced him to do that. Still MHA seems promising and I hope they don't go that route.

Would anybody have any manga recommendations? I’m pretty open to genres, just looking for something to get in to! If it helps, I’m currently finishing up a series called Shortcake Cake.
EDIT: I just want to mention up here that I added the blurb about each manga in a spoiler at the very bottom to keep everything together, so if you want to know what each manga is about, don't forget to check the spoiler.

A BIG chunk of the manga I own is made up of horror and shonen 😅 and I'm not sure if you're interested in either of them but 'Spy x Family' (a shonen) is a new ongoing series that's well liked amongst most of the people that read it (tbh, I haven't heard anyone complain about it yet). The biggest issue with this manga is that it's sold out almost everywhere, so getting it digitally might be the best choice. T+/14+

'A Man and His Cat' is one of my personal favorites, but it's not for everyone. It's put together in a very "episodic" way, kinda like a bunch of short stories that show the same characters but doesn't really follow a main plot/storyline. A (All ages)

'BL Metamorphosis' is super heartwarming. This is a shorter series as it only has 5 volumes, the last volume will come out sometime this year. T/13+

'Blood on the Tracks' is another one that a lot of people seem to really like, this is more of a psychological horror (maybe mental health) genre. Unfortunately, this is another one that sells out fast if you're buying the physical copy, tbh, I've only been able to read the first chapter and I feel like I'm stuck in limbo because I NEED to know more lol T+/16+ (I know I shouldn't be recommending something I'm not caught up with, but I wouldn't be recommending it if it weren't for all the positive things I've heard about this being a super intriguing yet dark story).

SPY x FAMILY
"Master spy Twilight is the best at what he does when it comes to going undercover on dangerous missions in the name of a better world. But when he receives the ultimate impossible assignment—get married and have a kid—he may finally be in over his head!

Not one to depend on others, Twilight has his work cut out for him procuring both a wife and a child for his mission to infiltrate an elite private school. What he doesn’t know is that the wife he’s chosen is an assassin and the child he’s adopted is a telepath!"

A Man & His Cat
"A kitten languishes in a pet shop, unwanted and unloved. Even as his price drops with each passing day, no one spares him a glance unless it's to call him names. Having practically given up on life, the kitty himself is most shocked of all when an older gentleman comes into the store and wants to take him home! Will the man and the cat find what they’re looking for…in each other?"

BL Metamorphosis
"Ichinoi, a 75-year-old woman living a peaceful life, unwittingly buys a Boy's Love manga one day and is fascinated by what she finds inside. When she returns to the bookstore to buy the next volume, the high school girl working there--Urara, a seasoned BL fan--notices a budding fangirl when she sees one. When Urara offers to help Ichinoi explore this whole new world of fiction, the two dive into BL fandom together, and form an unlikely friendship along the way."

Blood on the Tacks
"Seiichi’s mother loves him very much, and his days pass with placid regularity. School, friends, even the attention of his attractive classmate Fukiishi. Until one terrible summer day, that all changes…

Shuzo Oshimi (The Flowers of Evil) delivers his most unsettling work yet, the tale of a seemingly normal family suddenly swallowed up by the creeping horror of everyday life. Gorgeous art and an understated script only serve to heighten the tension as we watch Seiichi Osabe’s life spiral into a nightmare."

I am hoping one day soon I will be able to try and read some manga, I was never able to get into reading it back in high school because no series really called out to me (not even Sailor Moon.. which I was super obsessed with.) I would really love to read the Demon Slayer manga but I don't have a lot of time right now sadly. So if anyone has some suggestions I would love it for future reference.

I tried watching wonder egg priority but idk it's kinda boring and not what I expected, does anyone have any supernatural animes that won't be boring that you could recommend? for example like toilet bound hanako kun (which I've watched and loved so much)?

I tried watching wonder egg priority but idk it's kinda boring and not what I expected, does anyone have any supernatural animes that won't be boring that you could recommend? for example like toilet bound hanako kun (which I've watched and loved so much)?
I just read about Wonder Egg Priority over on the Hobby Drama subreddit. The ending caused quite a stir 😅 Can't explain it without spoiling the ending though so if you're interested I'd try finding the thread.

I'm currently watching JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. I was kinda sceptical about this title because of the memes surrounding it, but my good friend told me that this title has a lot drama and such, and I shouldn't trust the memes. I tried watching it like two or maybe three years ago, but I got so bored that I couldn't even finish the first episode. However recently more of my friends tried to convince me to at least get through the first 10 episodes, because they're objectively not that great. So, I finally gave up and decided to give JoJo another chance after these years... And oh my god, I really, REALLY like it! Gotta say, I haven't felt so much joy from watching anime in a long time. It's, like, a wild roller-coaster of emotions for me, in a good way.

Heck yeah, JoJo is great. The first part starts off kind of slow and boring, but as you get through parts 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 it gets progressively better and better. Everyone has their own favorite parts and least favorite parts, but personally I enjoyed all of them. :)

the Puella Magi Madoka blu-ray that I preordered that has the three movies (i know the first two movies are the series recap) and Rebellion are arriving on Monday, I thought I wouldn't get it until the beginning of August since it's being released on the 31st of July but I'm getting it earlier. I'm excited to finally see this movie, and I can't wait for the fourth movie. Also the second season of the sidestory is supposed to premiere next Friday.

I recently finished both Steins;Gate 0 and Kemono Jihen and they were both really good! I personally liked the first season/ending of Steins;Gate better though. I also saw Josee, the Tiger and the Fish in theaters a week or two ago and thought it was really cute. Other than that I'm still watching MHA as it comes out and probably going to start something new soon!

I finished Seven Deadly Sins Season 5 Part 1 the other day. Part 2 should come to Netflix later this year and that'll wrap everything up for this anime. I've had a love/hate relationship with it. Some of the decisions that were made in later seasons really sapped my enjoyment of the series, but at this point I'm already too invested so I'll just finish it.

Since Beastars Season 2 is now available on Netflix, that's what I plan on watching next. I've really been looking forward to that!

I finished Seven Deadly Sins Season 5 Part 1 the other day. Part 2 should come to Netflix later this year and that'll wrap everything up for this anime. I've had a love/hate relationship with it. Some of the decisions that were made in later seasons really sapped my enjoyment of the series, but at this point I'm already too invested so I'll just finish it.

Since Beastars Season 2 is now available on Netflix, that's what I plan on watching next. I've really been looking forward to that!
i havent seen beastars and dont plan on it but the second intro is one of my favorite songs 🤩

Hey, Saitama here, and it’s time for a new My Hero Academia/Boku no Hero Academia episode.

So Midoriya and Bakugo meet with Todoroki’s family, and there’s a lot of tension, and the three of them still can’t catch a villain before Endeavor, and and… idk man, this episode is depressing. Have some My Cooking Academia instead:

AKO1ppW.png

W0klAWB.png

Up next time on My Hero Academia, an unknown villain comes by to snatch one of Todoroki’s siblings away. Endeavor, Midoriya, Bakugo, and Todoroki chase after them, but will they be able to stop them? Go beyond! Plus ultra!

Just finished watching eps 11-13 of Fumetsu no Anata e. My eyes are still red and swollen from bawling. But I want to get a few thoughts down, even though my head feels like a complete mess.

This series continues to astound me. It is so well written, with a very memorable cast of supporting characters. The story-telling and characterization are top notch. Every episode, we learn a little more about the world, specifically Fushi's world. We grow with him. We learn to be aware, we learn to fight for our life, we learn the crippling pain of loss, we learn to deal with the guilt and regret. Yet, despite such losses being inevitable, we learn that with every new experience, we learn. And as long as we keep living and, as a result, we keep experiencing new situations, we learn. And as long as we learn, we stay alive. We are alive. Change is only possible, when we live and learn. Embracing life means embracing the negatives as well. Failure, after all, is a vital part of the learning process.

I love it when watching an anime series makes me overthink. On top of crying like a baby. At my ripe old age.

If anyone plans on watching Fumetsu no Anata e (also called To Your Eternity), do yourself a favour: please do not spoil yourself. Don't read any summary or review. Don't go to the wiki page. Just watch. One episode at a time.

Once the anime is done, I plan on picking up the manga.

I'm pausing most of my animes so I can binge the rest of their seasons once they're complete (Spider anime, Slime 300, MHA, Digimon, Kobashi S2, Villainess S2). I've switched to exclusively Pokemon for now, which is working out to be great.

Sadly, imo, the only good thing to come out of Higurashi Gou is the OP. That OP is a banger if you ask me. I'm sad that the series just falls flat for me.

Was able to piece together a goofy old anime titled Trouble Chocolate for cheap, not sure I'd recommend it yet. also picked up Adv's Chrono Crusade before seeing Funimation has it in a cheap save set. Cheap either way. Also I got a post quality warning for posting just a youtube video of Plastic Nee-san here, thanks.

I was finally able to catch up on My Hero Academia as my boyfriend was out of the house for about an hour when I got home yesterday. I was two episodes behind. :eek:

I'm also watching it dubbed with my boyfriend too. While I'm on the latest episode of the sub on my own, we are about halfway through season 3 of the dub. I'm honestly not sure which version I like more. Both the sub and dub seem to be well done in general.

Back