• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Anime Thread

Finally about to be on season eight of Naruto. I’ve been moving at a snail’s pace recently and only really watched new episodes of MHA in the past couple weeks. From what I’ve heard it’s a filler arc, so I’ll enjoy it for what it is, but much more looking forward to starting Shippuden.

Finally about to be on season eight of Naruto. I’ve been moving at a snail’s pace recently and only really watched new episodes of MHA in the past couple weeks. From what I’ve heard it’s a filler arc, so I’ll enjoy it for what it is, but much more looking forward to starting Shippuden.
i loathed watching those last couple seasons. (really after season 5 its a whole mess) plenty of my friends dropped the series because of that, but i ended up finishing it. i'll tell you this much: it totally pays off. im currently in season 2 of shippuden (and i havent watched it in ages), but i tell ya the show quality gets so much better. anyways, push through!!

I started season 2 of Beastars. I'm only 2 episodes in but I'm already remembering why I loved the first season so much. It's such a good show!

I've been keeping up with "The Aquatope on White Sand" and so far I'm really enjoying it. I really like this type of slice of life. Funny enough, as I was watching it I kept thinking to myself that the show seems like a mashup between "Hanasaku Iroha" and "A Lull in the Sea"... turns out that P.A. Works studio did all 3. Unfortunately, it seems like this new show hasn't gained as much traction as the last 2.

Other shows I've watched:
"Dorohedoro" - I didn't care for this show for the longest time, but I'm glad I finally decided to give it chance... hyped for a second season.
"Dragon Pilot: Hisone and Masotan" - It was ok, I enjoyed it but I wish we could've gotten more time getting to know all pilots and their circumstances. There were a few plot points that were left unexplored or were forgotten.
"86: Eighty-Six" - Really beautiful animation that tackles a very complicated world full of war and discrimination.
"... Bunny Girl Senpai" - I took the liberty to shorten the title. Personally I didn't expect much from this show and because of that I was not prepared for any of the topics that were portrayed and much less the ending. It kinda reminded me a bit of "Charlotte" and "Clannad" but it still isn't as high up on my list.
"Zombieland Saga: Revenge" -This second season has a bunch of time jumps and it makes it a bit confusing if you aren't paying attention. I'm glad to see more background information being revealed about certain characters, including Koutaro.

Edit: Added ZLS: R

Last edited:
I finally finished Ghost Stories (dub of course) and why the heck did I actually get kinda emotional at the end? haha
Is this the anime with the "cursed" Eng dub? (aka the so out of place it's actually hilarious dub?) If so, how did you like it? I've been wondering if it's actually worth a watch lol

Just started on Black Butler! Watched one ep but it's great so far! There's something messed up so I'm wondering what exactly it is. Such an uneasy feeling, which I love from shows!

Ciel is adorable btw.
Can I ask how you're watching that? I've been wanting a physical version, and that is an expensive title.

This past week, I got back into watching Monster, which is the only anime I'm watching, currently. I have a few more anime in mind that I might start watching soon. But for right now, I just really want to get through Monster (since it's a whopping 74 episodes and I'm slow AF) and binge it as much as possible.

If you're ever looking for an intellectual slow burn psychological murder mystery, then Monster is your guy. It's produced by Madhouse, which is my absolute favorite anime studio, since I love practically everything they've ever made more than any other studio. (So, I'm a little more than biased here, lmao... But I'm pretty confident that I have good taste in general!)

With that said, I'll get back to watching more episodes...

Last edited:
I was finally able to watch the Madoka Magica movie Rebellion and I really loved it! I know some people didn't really like the way the movie ended and people saw Homura as the villain after but I'm not sure where I stand on that. I think that it's a huge grey area. I really loved the soundtrack and the visuals of the movie and I'm glad that the quality of the movie was just as good as the series. I'm excited to see what they do with the fourth movie.

An all new My Hero Academia/Boku no Hero Academia episode released yesterday. It’s time to go beyond!

As Endeavor was getting ready to take Midoriya, Bakugo, and Todoroki back to the school, a villain known as Ending, who Endeavor had captured seven years earlier, showed up and nabbed Natsuo, Todoroki’s brother. Endeavor chased after him, but froze when recalling what Natsuo said to him. Midoriya, Bakugo, and Todoroki sped onwards past Endeavor and surpassed their limits to keep everyone in the area from dying, including Natsuo. Midoriya was finally able to control Blackwhip to save the people in the cars that were thrown, Bakugo fought back with his powers, and Todoroki used his powers to the fullest extent to both save Natsuo and re-capture Ending. It was a complete victory for the heroes. Natsuo still can’t forgive Endeavor, but Endeavor wants to atone for what he did in the past. He thinks that to do this he must live alone while the rest of his family has a new home to live in.

Up next time on My Hero Academia, the third term for U.A. begins. Present Mic and Aizawa go to visit Kurogiri in prison, and try to uncover his shocking secret. Just what will Kurogiri have to say? Go beyond! Plus ultra!

After Naruto and Sasuke's one battle it pretty much becomes filler from there. I have no idea how I finished it to be honest lol. Shippuden is definitely better, but it also has a lot of filler. I've been on a huge hiatus since like... high school... I should really finish it. I know there are some amazing battles I haven't seen yet.

I've been finally resuming Gintama and catching up on the new MHA episodes! I'm also moving at a snail's pace. It's hard to find quiet time in my house a lot to watch stuff.

Finished watching "So I'm a Spider, so What?". Pretty bloody and sometimes a little hard to follow (they don't mention the time differences in various scenes) but overall a great anime. Had read the manga adaption previously which helped immensely with following the storyline. The season ended on a high note and I'm eager for more. Definetely liked the hand drawn scened way more than the 3d/cgi or what it is called but overall a great quality anime!

I had a jam packed long weekend so I haven’t had a chance to watch the latest episode of My Hero Academia yet. I hope to soon. At least I’m only behind one episode instead of two like I was last week. 😅

I recently started watching "Yuru Camp" since I've heard so many good things about it and now I have this weird desire to go winter camping 😂 Overall it's a really cute slice of life that centers around a niche hobby for outdoor camping.

Looking forward to the next episode of "The Aquatope on White Sand" 🙆‍♀️

Back