• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Anime Thread

My boyfriend had a bookshelf shipped to our house so I took the liberty of decorating it myself. Without really realizing until after the fact that I made each shelf have an anime related theme. The bottom one has my Pokemon plushies, above that is Fairytail with some of my Anime North merch as I cosplayed as Wendy and met her english voice actress there. Above that is Sailor Moon with my complete set of Eternal Edition Manga and Mini Q Posket set. The top shelf is My Hero Academia though it's a bit sparse at the moment as I only have a Deku and Uravity figure. So I've since ordered a Todoroki and Bakugo figure to join them in the future. 😅 I hope they make a Froppy and Iida figure in this line in the future as well.

I'll post a picture in here once the shelf is more complete after I get the figures. I also have a signed FairyTail metal print that was signed by Natsu's english voice actor on livestream that should be coming at some point. :)

Walmart got rid of their little anime section, it's now just for tv shows. Picked up Metropolis there, while couldn't find it on the rightstuf website. The right stuf usually has it if it's in print, might have to wait for a good sale to buy what you want.

Right now I'm watching Black Clover, it's pretty good so far. Also the second season of Magica Record comes out at the end of the month, I'm really excited. I'm not sure when the english dub will be available but I'm hoping that it will be soon.

I just rewatched Tamako Love Story. It's sooooo freaking cute and heartwarming! The actual series Tamako Market isn't as good imo strictly because I didn't care for the Dera/Prince storyline that ate up soooooo much screentime but the movie was better for that thankfully.

Got my metal Fairy Tail print signed by Todd Haberkorn (Natsu’s English voice actor) in the mail today!

It also completes my little Fairytail/Anime North shelf.
8132E632-56B0-4C8D-A8F8-6F455FFB07BB.jpeg

AD8EF2EB-6BB3-4BBE-A06E-ABCD684594B2.jpeg

Edit: had to edit the second image as I didn’t realize my Anime North pass included my last name. Haha oopsie. 😳

It’s the SatAM, time for a new My Hero Academia/Boku no Hero Academia episode!

Hawks reported to the paranormal liberation front including Re-Destro and the League of Villains about the heroes. He was trying to find out more information about them and the location of their forces. It was revealed that the work studies that the U.A. students are doing is insurance in case the heroes need help when the paranormal liberation front attacks in four months. It will be lead by Shigaraki, who seems to have acquired new power…

Meanwhile, at the Endeavor agency, Deku and Bakugo explained to Endeavor what they can do at the moment and what they need to work on. For Deku it’s controlling his power, namely using Air Force without thinking about it as well as being able to use his new quirk, Blackwhip, efficiently. For Bakugo it’s finding out what he can’t do yet with Explosion, as he has been able to accomplish everything he has wanted to so far with it. There was a brief exchange of words between Todoroki and Endeavor, and Todoroki still hasn’t forgiven Endeavor for everything. They then took to the streets, and Endeavor said their goal is to capture one villain before he can by the end of the winter. They’re still too slow right now, but they’re getting better. They need to go beyond. Plus ultra.

As far as my own thoughts on the episode go, there’s a parallel between the show and my life. Deku, Bakugo, Todoroki, and everyone else have done a lot of hard work in school at U.A., but there’s no substitute for actual experience doing hero work on the streets. Endeavor told them they need to accumulate a mountain of experience before becoming full-fledged heroes. The same with my life right now, even though I’ve had jobs in the past, the main thing I’m lacking is good career experience. I’m on the verge of being able to start that, so it’s kind of cool how the show has paralleled my life so far.

Next time on My Hero Academia, Uraraka and Asui will be doing their work studies with the Ryukyu agency and helping out Selkie as well in a joint operation. Never give up until the end. Go beyond! Plus ultra!

Watched TPN (s1) for the fourth time with a friend. Still brooding over season 2's ending 😭😭

On a happier note a couple months ago I finished the OHSHC manga and seriously loved it sm!! It provided excellent closure to some awesome characters and an iconic love story. If you watched the anime and felt unsatisfied, I seriously recommend picking up the manga!
Made in Abyss, MHA, One Punch Man, and Stein's Gate are getting western live action movies. :(

i- uh oh here we go again

Watched TPN (s1) for the fourth time with a friend. Still brooding over season 2's ending 😭😭

On a happier note a couple months ago I finished the OHSHC manga and seriously loved it sm!! It provided excellent closure to some awesome characters and an iconic love story. If you watched the anime and felt unsatisfied, I seriously recommend picking up the manga!

i- uh oh here we go again
Yes! OHSHC's manga is one of my favorite's. All of the best scenes/characters come after the anime ends imo.

Can someone recommend a good anime that's available on Netflix? I'm looking for new ones too watch and was just wondering if there's any in particular that stand out to any of you all :)

Can someone recommend a good anime that's available on Netflix? I'm looking for new ones too watch and was just wondering if there's any in particular that stand out to any of you all :)
Hunter x Hunter is one of my personal favorites so I definitely recommend that although it's pretty long. Other than that Demon Slayer and Attack on Titan are really good as well.

It depends on what genre you like, but some of my favorite on Netflix right now are:

- Violet Evergarden
- Your Lie in April
- Erased
- Kakegurui
- Beastars
- Akame ga Kill!

Most of these are more serious or have dark themes. I haven't started watching it yet, but I'm very interested in checking out Trese too.

It depends on what genre you like, but some of my favorite on Netflix right now are:

- Violet Evergarden
- Your Lie in April
- Erased
- Kakegurui
- Beastars
- Akame ga Kill!

Most of these are more serious or have dark themes. I haven't started watching it yet, but I'm very interested in checking out Trese too.
i second the first three (havent seen the other two)!!

Back