• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Anime Thread

Another busted Funimation blu-ray case scratching up the disc. I think they're using covid as an excuse not to give a crap. I'm also pretty sure they're supplying them to rightstufanime as such. Last time I got a beat up case, wrapped in the shrink wrap, with part of the spine shaved off under the plastic wrap, and the flipping disc holder rattling around inside. It took them 5 days to get back to me, and they told 2 days was too long for me to send them a picture of it. Then I see the following saying they have to be picky about replacing anything with cosmetic damage. Last time it was the Outlay Star blu-ray, now it's the first Dr. Stone set with a couple of those center disc holder nubs missing.

does anyone have some kind of silly, light hearted recs ? nothing too emotional, im highly sensitive and dont wanna handle that rn lol. some kind of slice of life, something like k-on ?

i dont have much experience in this genre, hence why im asking !

All caught up with the new MHA season so far! Really enjoying it so far. Really hoping Todoroki's family comes together. Endeavor is really making the effort to right the wrongs but it sounds like the way the latest episode ended that he was just going to have them live in their own house since he was never at the table. I also started the second season of My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! which has been interesting. I don't like how pretty much EVERY character is gunning for her and it really does feel like a big harem of both guys and girls now. I'm still enjoying it though I wish they'd make progress with who she ends up with. There's a lot of cock blocking going on.

does anyone have some kind of silly, light hearted recs ? nothing too emotional, im highly sensitive and dont wanna handle that rn lol. some kind of slice of life, something like k-on ?

I've been meaning to check out "Haven't you heard i'm Sakamoto". I don't know much about it yet. What do you think?

I've been meaning to check out "Haven't you heard i'm Sakamoto". I don't know much about it yet. What do you think?

he ... is so charming
this 100% looks like something i can chill with, ill check it out and let you know how it goes !

Watching Life Lessons with Uramichi Oniisan and its so funny. Also the Stone Ocean trailer just dropped so I'm very excited for when it starts.

I'm waiting for the dubbed version of Magia Record to be released but I don't know how long it'll be until that happens. (I'm hoping soon) I tried to watch the first episode but I had a hard time paying attention because I always like to look away from the television so I have to continuously rewind. I know it will be worth the wait.

I watched the 9th episode of Shadows House (the dub hasn't been completed so I have to wait for the series to be completed for the dub.) I really love this show, I've heard some people say its boring but it's only the first two episodes that I think are a bit of a drag but it's so good. I really hope that it gets renewed for a 2nd season but there hasn't been any news that states it has.

I'm back on to watching Black Clover for now, I think I may have to start over because I can barely remember anything that happened at the point that I am at in the season. It's a really good series though.

I'm watching Odd Taxi right now. I expected a well told mystery series (which it is), but there's also so much social commentary in every episode. It's a shame that Odd Taxi was overlooked during its airing.

After the long, long wait… JoJo’s Bizarre Adventures part 6 Stone Ocean… is almost here!

I am SO excited for this after having watched parts one through five more than a year ago. It looks great from the trailer and like it’ll be up to par with the past seasons. My only gripe with it is that it’s on Netflix and not Crunchyroll, but I still have access to Netflix right now, so hopefully I’ll be able to watch it when it comes out. Anyone else excited for the next chapter in the JoJo series? :D

More on the Sony bs in the following video. He does mention Sentai Filmwork's Hidive service, has anyone tried that?

He did mention Sony waiting for the Crunchyroll licences to expire. It might be a good time to get a hold of physical versions of those, if there are any.

Last edited:
More on the Sony bs in the following video. He does mention Sentai Filmwork's Hidive service, has anyone tried that?

He did mention Sony waiting for the Crunchyroll licences to expire. It might be a good time to get a hold of physical versions of those, if there are any.
I haven't tried Hidive specifically but it was a part of VRV's package for a while and I watched a few shows through Hidive on there. Mainly, what I remember is that their subtitles were terrible.

Sometimes they would skip subtitling a few sentences or even an entire conversation. There were whole episodes listed as English subtitles but they'd be in Spanish instead. Things like that really annoyed me because I prefer the original language. Luckily, I know just enough Japanese and Spanish that I was usually able to piece together what was going on, but it was extremely frustrating. I never watched any dubs from Hidive so I can't comment on those.

And the subtitling issues only happened on Hidive shows, not Crunchyroll or VRV shows, so it seemed to be a problem originating with Hidive itself.

has anyone here watched no game no life ? u think i would have considering my icon, but i just have a mere interest. so is it any good ?

has anyone here watched no game no life ? u think i would have considering my icon, but i just have a mere interest. so is it any good ?

I’ve had not one, but two friends watch this now because one of my friends recommended it to the other. They both say it’s good, but the only downside is that it’s only one season long. So you may feel yourself wanting to start a new anime quickly after finishing it. If you want to know more about it I would suggest asking @turtleyawesome considering they just finished it (and are one of the friends I mentioned).

I’ve had not one, but two friends watch this now because one of my friends recommended it to the other. They both say it’s good, but the only downside is that it’s only one season long. So you may feel yourself wanting to start a new anime quickly after finishing it. If you want to know more about it I would suggest asking @turtleyawesome considering they just finished it (and are one of the friends I mentioned).
tbh i like short animes, especially because ive had a break from them for so long so ill need something short to get back into it. we´ll see if the friend responds ☺️ but since ive got a lot of time on my hands and need a good distraction, i might watch it tonight

It's been a while since I watched it, but I remember enjoying it. If you think you'd like it, I say go for it. If it turns out to not be your cup of tea, at least it's not very long.

If you do end up wanting more, there's a movie too. No Game No Life: Zero. I haven't watched that yet, though. It's on my watchlist but I keep prioritizing other things.

Tamako Market! It's by KyoAni also!
Azumanga Daioh is a slice of life series that's really funny (imo)

Back