• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

The Anime Thread

Ooh I forgot to add on my thoughts on demon slayer season 2 so far. This is coming from someone who didn't watch the movie so I'm partially running into it blind-
Alright I gotta say the whole train being the demon thing is kinda gross- but idk cool too!
It was nice to see how quickly Tanjiro and the others (especially rengoku) could adapt to the situation. Something I really enjoyed was watching Inosuke work well together with tanjiro and not just be entirely crazy. They worked so well under pressure together! I'm hoping to get some more zenitsu and nezuko action when they protect the train members. I hope this boosts his confidence.

anyway, that cliffhanger has got me going crazy. Cant wait for episode 6!

i recently started madoka magica, im only on the 2nd episode and its cute and interesting so far, not to mention really cool! i cant wait to see where it goes, I've heard good things abt it
this reminds me of that old Tumblr post with a picture of a hurt Kyubey and the person saying "oh no the kitty thing got hurt :((" and then later on in their watch that user adding "THIS MOTHER****ER SHOULD'VE STAYED HURT" to their post lmaoo

Hope you're having fun, I've been meaning to rewatch it since they announced a new movie!

I just finished A Silent Voice then watched the new Demon Slayer movie after hoping it would help me feel better :””)

Can anyone recommend me an anime that is cozy and relaxing and not really loud or murderous? tysm

Get ready to slay some demons! Demon Slayer season two episode five is here.

Tanjiro worked with awakened angry boar man in order to take out Enmu. Meanwhile, flashy Doritos man and Nezuko worked together to protect the train, and flamboyant burn-it-up man took care of the five train cars in the back. With the help of awakened angry boar man’s gamer skillz, Tanjiro was able to use Hinokami Kagura: Clear Blue Sky in order to sever the head of and defeat Enmu. Flamboyant burn-it-up man took care of the collateral as the train came crashing to a stop.

Up next time on Demon Slayer, Akaza! You won’t want to miss it!

Watched One Piece episodes 997-999! I can't believe how long it has been. The next episode will be the 1,000th.

I've spent nearly 20 years reading and watching this series. I "grew up" with it even though I was already a mom when I became a fan. Well, we raised our kid in all that time and he's now a working adult. So, yeah, it's been a crazy journey. Every episode of One Piece still manages to make me smile because everyone is like a dear old friend I'm always delighted to see again. One Piece is a magnificent piece of fiction. The storytelling is first-rate. The characterization is top-notch. Sure, it's also ridiculously cartoonish in style and unapologetically melodramatic (still sooooo much snot whenever someone cries 😅 ) but, wow, I can't even find the words anymore to describe how much love I have for OP. My favourite story arc is the Marineford arc. The epic fights! The reveals! The feels! Even now, just thinking about it makes me misty-eyed.

For me, OP is one of the greatest stories being told. I'm very glad I'm able to know it. Oda-sensei has said it'll likely end in 4-5 years. I hope I'll be around to see that. I know I'll cry buckets when it's done.

Can anyone recommend me an anime that is cozy and relaxing and not really loud or murderous? tysm
Yokohama kaidashi kikou

I finished kaiji ultimate survivor yesterday after putting it off for a few years. Whenever i get to finishing the series i hope kaiji's character is expanded on a bit because he was kinda bland but it is the better anime about gambling for sure.

Chainsaw man anime wont be out for a while but im looking forward to how the story will be retold and if it will change in some places, i expect it to and i think in some areas it does need some changing. Probably an unpopular opinion since csm fans are very vocal about their worries of censorship and unfaithfulness to the original. My attention span is like a goldfish so im not very good at sitting down and watching/reading something unless it really sparks my interest. So ive re-read it like more than 5 times.

Only watched 2 this year. Started watching Attack on Titan sometime around June. Once I started, I just can’t stop and was able to finish until final season within a week. It was awesome and always kept me interested that I need to know what’s next. That’s why I couldn‘t stop watching. Can’t wait to see the Final final season early next year.

Other one I watched was all 3 movies of Fate Stay Night Heaven’s Feel. Part 1 pacing felt weird when they just skipped though the early events, but I remembered that the assumption is that you have watched Unlimited Blade Works already so would know what happens in the early part. Part 2 was much better paced and a good development. Part 3 was absolutely awesome and definitely the best for me.

It seems that, sometime earlier this week, I've crossed a milestone in my anime habit.

Screenshot 13000+eps.jpg

Over 13,000 tv episodes of anime watched over a span of 20+ years. I don't regret it. I'm addicted to stories. Be it anime or movies or books or even nature documentaries, I love reading, hearing or watching a good story. I fully intend to continue indulging myself for the rest of my life. 🤪

It seems that, sometime earlier this week, I've crossed a milestone in my anime habit.

View attachment 414781

Over 13,000 tv episodes of anime watched over a span of 20+ years. I don't regret it. I'm addicted to stories. Be it anime or movies or books or even nature documentaries, I love reading, hearing or watching a good story. I fully intend to continue indulging myself for the rest of my life. 🤪

Wow, that’s quite an accomplishment! I don’t know if I know anyone who has watched more episodes than that. I’ve only watched anime for three years now and have somewhere around 1,300 episodes watched, but it definitely doesn’t compare to that. Congrats!

Live action Netflix Cowboy Bebop just dropped.

Ed is in the last few minutes of the last episode. The scene doesn't seem to be well received. The show in general as well.

[/spoiler

Get ready to slay some demons! Demon Slayer season two episode six is here.

The train came crashing to a stop as Enmu was defeated by Tanjiro and angry awakened boar man. Angry awakened boar man made sure to check on Tanjiro and make sure he’s okay. Then flamboyant burn-it-up man showed up. Because a Hashira was present, Akaza the big boi demon of the upper three showed up to fight him. Flamboyant burn-it-up man and Akaza the big boi demon of the upper three continued to fight until flamboyant burn-it-up man was running out of steam. Or was he…?

Up next time, the concluding episode for the first arc of season two, “SET YOUR HEART ABLAZE!” You won’t want to miss it!

—-

I’m also more than halfway through Naruto Shippuden season three now!

Stopping by to plug my favorite anime since I found out it was just added to Crunchyroll!

If you're interested in magical girl anime/fairy tale deconstruction/allegorical stories, I highly highly recommend Revolutionary Girl Utena! It deals with some pretty complex and heavy themes-- misogyny, homophobia, abuse-- so I'd recommend at least looking up some trigger warnings beforehand if you think any of that might bother you. The director, Kunihiko Ikuhara, worked on the 90s Sailor Moon as well, so if any of his work there interested you Utena might be up your alley!

Not sure how I missed this post earlier but I'll definitely have to check that one out sometime. Thanks!

In other news I finished the Greed Island arc of Hunter X Hunter. Though the dubbed episodes beyond there (starting at episode 76) seem to be missing for some reason? Did they just stop dubbing the 2011 version or something? It seems really odd.

Not sure how I missed this post earlier but I'll definitely have to check that one out sometime. Thanks!

In other news I finished the Greed Island arc of Hunter X Hunter. Though the dubbed episodes beyond there (starting at episode 76) seem to be missing for some reason? Did they just stop dubbing the 2011 version or something? It seems really odd.

Which streaming service are you using? I believe the full dub of the show is only available on Netflix.

Which streaming service are you using? I believe the full dub of the show is only available on Netflix.
Funimation. Couldn’t find it anywhere else either. Though didn’t check Netflix as I don’t really watch it haha.

THIS IS A PSA: ONLY 6 DAYS TO GO UNTIL JOJO’S BIZARRE ADVENTURES STONE OCEAN PREMIERES ON NETFLIX! HYPE!!!

What are you most looking forward to/expecting from this season? I’m really looking forward to seeing Jotaro again. :D

Back