• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

The Anime Thread

I’ve just finished Fruits Basket for the third time and it’s definitely a comfort show at this point 😭 I love it so much ugh!

I recently made it to the underwater temple arc of the Black Clover dub. I forgot how much I love this scene. When I first watched it it hyped me up SO much. 🤩

Get ready for some sorcery! Jujutsu Kaisen season two is here!

Geto continues to waver after the incident in which Rika died, and continues questioning what the point of being a Jujutsu Sorcerer is. He meets with someone who says it's up to him to choose his path. From then on Geto's mission becomes to kill all non-Jujutsu Sorcerers, aka humans, in order to create a world in which cursed spirits cannot be born. Gojo vehemently disagrees with this, and the two part ways. During this time Geto had committed a crime of killing people and was sentenced to death, so he left Jujutsu High and started his own organization, one with the goal of killing all non-Jujutsu Sorcerer humans.

After finishing recounting all of this in his head, Gojo wakes up in the present to Itadori, Nobara, and Megumi standing there. Just why did Gojo summon them?

Next time on Jujutsu Kaisen season two, episode six. "It's Like That." You won't want to miss it! (y)

Just started watching some episodes of One Piece and it's hilarious! Definitely one of my favorite anime alongside Hunter x Hunter.

Also, I can't wait for Pokémon Horizons! Sometimes, the anime with Ash gets so repetitive and old, so I'm glad there will be a new cast of characters.

Man, HiDive really has a monopoly on the otome isekai animes. I should subscribe to them for at least a month and binge watch the shows that I want.

I finally caught up to the latest episode of Mushoku Tensei. The actions scenes are just as good as last seasons. I could do without the lewd scenes but whatever. I can’t wait until he
discovers Sylphiette’s identiy.
I’m excited.

Finished watching Dr. Stone, really glad I gave this anime a chance it only got better and better the more I watched. Happy to see a new season is coming in October too, ready to see what happens next.

I finally started Bungo Stray Dogs season 5 last night and watched the first 3 episodes, it was AMAZING. Really had to to force myself not to watch the next 2 episodes since I needed to go to sleep haha.

The first episode was maybe the best opening to a season I've seen in a while, Ranpo is literally the best should have guessed he was going to find some way to save the armed detective agency's butts. It was great to see Akutagawa again too don't think he was even in season 4 from what I remember, but dang are him and Atsushi in some trouble. I knew the leader of the Hunting Dogs would be strong but I didn't think he'd be this strong, dude is straight up cheating with that time traveling sword.

I finished the first season of Aoashi in two days. It should be continuing for a second season soon. The MC had to grow on me, but I think he’s shown a lot of character growth. I’m looking forward to the second season. First season ended off on a great note.

I finished my rewatch of Blue Lock. It's easily my favorite anime and don't see that changing, at least anytime soon.

I was able to pay closer attention since I've watched it before, and I can definitely see why Kunigami is my favorite person's character. I wasn't paying that much attention before but the way Kunigami acts reminds me of how she is sometimes. I also LOVE Bachira which I have previously mentioned but his character because he reminds me a lot of me. I think that's part of the reason why I connected with this anime aside from the fact that I'm into the sports genre. I don't think I related to an anime character that much before. That aside, I also like Barou a lot. Weird since he's, like, the opposite Bachira's character but I think sometimes I wish I was like him. Like being that confident in myself as a person. I found myself wanting to watch more after each episode and there really isn't a point in this anime that feels like filler or it's being dragged along, and I like that. Maybe I just really like the concept but I feel like each episode is important to the plot and it was easy to get into for me. Episodes 19-24 specifically are amazing in my opinion, and will lead into the second season very well.

I can't wait for the second season.

I just finished the Witches Forest arc of the Black Clover dub. It's pretty good, but the dip in quality of animation made itself apparent to me again. Geez, why couldn't Studio Pierrot have prioritized this show more?

Anyway, up next is the Magic Knights tournament arc. I remember this arc more than the one I just finished, so I'm looking forward to rewatching it.

just finished legends of the galactic heroes

IMG_0212.jpg

My current list of what I'm watching at the moment:
  • Bleach: Thousand Year Blood War
  • The Ancient Magus' Bride
  • Bungou Stray Dogs
  • Iruma-kun
  • My Happy Marriage
  • Jujutsu Kaisen

I tend to have a hard time keeping up with my lists lol I'm sure I have some that I forgot to mention 🥴

I'm watching hxh (again) Does anybody have any good anime recs for when I finish? around the same length?? I'm burning through eps so fast

I’m watching a show on Crunchyroll called Given. It’s a show about a musician and this guy he meets who wants him to teach him guitar. I find music themed anime like this really inspiring as someone who plays multiple instruments and am taking weekly violin lessons.

There’s another show I finished recently of a similar theme called Your Lie in April which was so amazing

I'm watching hxh (again) Does anybody have any good anime recs for when I finish? around the same length?? I'm burning through eps so fast

Hunter x Hunter is Shounen, so here's some I've watched from the same genre that I enjoyed:

My Hero Academia
Jujutsu Kaisen
Demon Slayer
Black Clover
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Tengen Toppen Gurren Lagann
Fire Force
JoJo's Bizarre Adventures (split into 6 parts)
Mob Psycho 100

Those are the main ones I'd recommend. I'm not sure how many of these you may have already tried though.

So anyway, Jujutsu Kaisen season two episode six doesn't release until August 31st, the end of the month, so until then I've just been binging the Black Clover dub. I'm really curious to see what will happen next in JJK. I have a feeling some serious stuff is about to go down...

I've started watching another currently airing anime this season: Undead Murder Farce. A Japanese oni and the head of an immortal woman go on a journey through Victorian England solving mysteries. In the process they encounter famous fictional characters like Sherlock Holmes, Arsène Lupin, and the Phantom of the Opera. I love it so far.

Back