• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

The Anime Thread

Haikyuu took a backseat for now and I started looking into romance anime. It’s an acquired taste but I really enjoy them depending on the plot. I finished watching “Say I Love You” and it was great. I like the romance genre more than I’ll ever admit to, haha. Really random but somewhat related, but my favorite person recently sent me a gif from the anime. I found it interesting since I never told her that I was even watching it.

I’m planning on watching “From Me to You” next. Really looking forward to starting it.

This might be a shot in the dark, but does anyone know any blonde anime characters who wear a red shirt and jeans? I saw someone cosplaying with that outfit and it looked familiar but I forgot who it was. I Googled “blonde anime characters” but that was too broad. (Maybe Edward Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist, but not sure.)

A couple of days ago I finished the current season of Ancient Magus' Bride. Chise and Elias are not exactly known for showing much emotion, but there's something about their interactions that comes across as so tender and touching despite being rather reserved. Part 2 of the season will be airing in the fall, but for now that means I'm all caught up and can start on Jujutsu Kaisen soon!

I’m planning on watching “From Me to You” next. Really looking forward to starting it.
I recently watched the live action version of From Me to You and it was really sweet. I hope you enjoy the anime.

This might be a shot in the dark, but does anyone know any blonde anime characters who wear a red shirt and jeans? I saw someone cosplaying with that outfit and it looked familiar but I forgot who it was. I Googled “blonde anime characters” but that was too broad. (Maybe Edward Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist, but not sure.)
Terry Bogard maybe? not really an anime character though but only character I can think of that wears that and has blonde hair besides Edward haha. Luffy from One Piece also kinda has a red shirt and jean outfit but he has dark hair though.

Finally watched the Jujutsu Kaisen movie, Jujutsu Kaisen 0!

It was a really great movie. The ending was a bit sad and made me emotional, but ultimately I feel like they resolved things the way they should have been resolved. And I'm glad that Yuta is shown to still be alive in the end.

Up next I'll be watching the first episode of the second season. So excited! 🤩

Last edited:
I recently watched the live action version of From Me to You and it was really sweet. I hope you enjoy the anime.
I’m thinking of watching the subbed anime since I can’t find a free version of the dubbed aside from Crunchyroll — I’m pretty sure they have the dubbed (with a 14 day free trial). I could probably binge in 14 days, if I start the trial on my two days off.

Finally watched the Jujutsu Kaisen movie, Jujutsu Kaisen 0!

It was a really great movie. The ending was a bit sad and made me emotional, but ultimately I feel like they resolved things the way they should have been resolved. And I'm glad that Yuta is shown to still be alive in the end.

Up next I'll be watching the first episode of the second season. So excited! 🤩
Got a question for you. Should I watch the movie before starting season 2? I'm trying not to spoiler myself, but I did see that the movie is a prequel. I'm guessing a prequel to the series as a whole? I want to watch it regardless but not sure if I need to set time aside for that before getting into the new season.

Got a question for you. Should I watch the movie before starting season 2? I'm trying not to spoiler myself, but I did see that the movie is a prequel. I'm guessing a prequel to the series as a whole? I want to watch it regardless but not sure if I need to set time aside for that before getting into the new season.

It's a prequel to the series as a whole. It definitely helps set up things for season two, but it's not required to watch. Take that as you will!

Get ready for some sorcery! Jujutsu Kaisen season two is here!

This season will start out with the backstory on Gojo, who is Itadori's teacher now, and Geto, and how they used to both go to Jujutsu High together. The episode starts with Mei Mei and her assistant Utahime investigating a supposedly haunted mansion. They find out that a Curse has extended a barrier so that everyone who enters gets trapped inside and dies. They decide to both run in opposite directions and succeed in breaking the barrier. Gojo, Geto, and Shoko, all in the same grade at Jujutsu High, arrive as cleanup.

After this, Gojo and Geto are shown to have differing ideals from what they say. They are both tasked with a highly dangerous and important mission, which is to guide a girl to Tengen-Sama, who helps protect Jujutsu High, as a vessel for Tengen-Sama to essentially reincarnate into. If they fail, Jujutsu High could be wiped out and the results would be catastrophic. They finally find the girl, and Geto saves her, but both Geto and Gojo encounter enemies from the Q group, an organization that is aiming to overturn Jujutsu society. Just how will the two fare against their opponents?

Next time on Jujutsu Kaisen season two, episode two. "Hidden Inventory 2." You won't want to miss it! (y)

Finished my rewatch of season 1 of Jujutsu Kaisen, think I enjoyed it a lot more this time. I like how dark and a bit more mature this show is compared to some other shounen's, while also still having the really goofy characters and moments that I love from shounen anime. Think my favorite moment of the season was when they revealed that Yuji was still alive to everyone with Gojo having him come out of that luggage bag like a surprise, think I was laughing for a good minute from that from the character's reactions lol. Still need to watch the movie as well before I start season 2, but I'm really looking forward to getting into this new season now.

Also saw the first episode of Bungo Stray Dogs season 5 came out today as well! Been waiting for this as season 4 left off on a cliffhanger ready to see how this arc plays out.

Last edited:
Back on track watching Haikyuu, and I just reached season three. I'm looking to be up to date before the second season of Blue Lock releases. Again, I absolutely love what Blue Lock did. It's basically a shonen anime that has to do with sports rather than just a sports anime. It doesn't have that teamwork aspect you would expect from a sports anime, and that is what kept my interest throughout the anime. Kuon betraying his team during the first selection in interest of his own survival was what had me intrigued. I wasn't expecting that kind of thing to happen so early in a sports anime. The character development is also amazing, especially with Bachira, the character I feel like I can very much relate to.

Probably either Vash the Stampede or Edward Elric?

I watched the new episode of Bungo Stray Dogs tonight. Looking forward to more!

I have decided to watch Jujutsu Kaisen 0 before starting season 2, so I'm hoping to get that done this weekend if nothing crazy happens.

Get ready for some sorcery! Jujutsu Kaisen season two is here!

Gojo and Geto easily defeat the Q group combatants. Rika, the vessel for Tengen-Sama to reincarnate into, then goes to school, but word gets out that there's a bounty for her, dead or alive, so Gojo and Geto race to try and get to her and protect her. Geto defeats another opponent while Gojo runs away with Rika. Gojo encounters an opponent who can make clones of himself, but easily takes care of him. However, amidst all the fighting, Kuroi, Rika's caretaker, has been captured... how will Gojo and Geto respond?

Next time on Jujutsu Kaisen season two, episode three. "Hidden Inventory 3." You won't want to miss it! (y)

I finished all four seasons of Haikyuu today! This is one of the lengthier anime I've been able to sit through. I'm not someone that watched television at all. The only exposure I had to it was when someone else was watching it and I just happened to be there or listening to it. Four seasons may not seem like that long for the average individual, but it's a little lengthy for someone not used to watching shows or movies in general. I'm surprised my favorite show which is not animated has been able to hold my attention for nine seasons, and I'm definitely looking forward to more. If something holds my attention, I'm all for longevity. My issue was finding something that would.

I'm glad that I looked into giving anime another chance. I appreciate @/Midoriya taking the time to enlighten me about the different genres and recommending me a few to get me started. Even if some weren't ones I ended up sticking with in the end, it did introduced me to some that I really do like, so thank you.

I'm excited to continue watching Mob Psycho 100. I only watched a few episodes, so I will be starting from the beginning. That way, everything will be fresh in my mind. I have been looking forward to starting this again for about a month, so I'll be focusing all of my (anime) energy on this for sure.

anyone watched episode 1 of zom 100? it's pretty intriguing, i think. i can't decide if i want to keep up with it or not.
Watched the first 2 episodes last night it is definitely interesting so far, I'm not big into zombie apocalypse type shows usually but I think I might could end up liking this show. At the very least I like the MC and the animation is good so far, I just wonder why the zombies all seem to be made out of paint but I guess that'll get explained at some point lol.

Also watched the JJK movie this past weekend, it was pretty good just not really what I was expecting going into it.

It was really cool to get some more info and backstory about Gojo and Geto and some of the other characters like Maki. I also totally expected Yuta to die at the end of the movie, but was pleasantly surprised to find he lived and I'm guessing he's gonna be in season 2.

Glad I decided to watch it before season 2, still debating with myself if I want to wait for more episodes to pile up before I start season 2 or just go ahead and start it lol. Sometimes wish they'd just dump all the episodes at once waiting weekly can be such a pain.

While rewatching Black Clover in the English dub I totally forgot about this scene. It's 2x as hilarious in the dub. :LOL:

Also, I may have mentioned it already, but after watching MHA season 6 in both the sub and dub, this is definitely my favorite scene. My favorite line is when Midoriya says,

"Everyone from my generation knows...

that All Might gets to the scene faster than a bullet."

I dropped My Hero Academia a long time ago since I wasn't a fan of the male characters (and they seemed to be the center of the anime), but I saw the recent manga chapters floating around, focusing on two characters I really love.

I have no context regarding why Ochako and Himeko were seen together, but they seemed to come from a fight (?), with Himeko asking, "Do you really think I'm cute?" to which Ochako responded, "The cutest girl in the whole world." The next chapter then cues in on Himeko saying she had "wished she'd found love sooner" and that she was "just a normal girl with the cutest smile in the whole world." My heart SANK and now I'm sorta considering reading where I left off just so I can actually savor in that moment better. Himeko and Ochako are my favorite MHA characters and I'm so, so happy they're getting a lot of attention. I also wish Ochako reciprocated Himeko's love (did she? idk but some say it was heavily implied) because agh I just love seeing wlw in media.

I wonder if there's a compilation of all the manga chapters with the females as the main roles because I would definitely read that lol. Sorry I know MHA has a very interesting story but I'm just not a big fan of the male characters 😭

Back