The Anime Thread

Get ready to slay some demons! Demon Slayer season four... is here! ⚔️

Tanjiro and Zenitsu arrive at Gyomei's training grounds, where corps members must complete a waterfall training in a super intense and cold waterfall, successfully pick up three logs, and move a big boulder one cho away before passing his trial. Tanjiro finds Inosuke there and revives him after he falls unconscious in the waterfall. Tanjiro completes the waterfall and log training, but struggles desperately with the boulder training.

Genya comes by and teaches Tanjiro about repetitive motion, which should help Tanjiro be able to move the boulder. Using this, Tanjiro finally makes a breakthrough and moves the boulder as daybreak hits and Zenitsu and Inosuke watch him in amazement.

Meanwhile, Muzan is currently searching for Nezuko and Ubuyashiki with the help of the Upper Rank demon, Nakime...

Next time on Demon Slayer season four, THE SEASON'S PENULTIMATE EPISODE! Episode seven, "Stone Hashira Gyomei Himejima." You won't want to miss it! (y)

I watched Sailor Moon for the first time yesterday. I know it’s one of the most famous series out there, but it’s weird— if all the anime I’ve watched, of all the manga I’ve read, I never got around to that one.

It was an episode where the villain was using a fake radio show to make people fall asleep and absorb their energy? I thought Luna was cute, the villains would DEVOUR the Drag Race runway, and I enjoyed the funny relationship between Usagi’s parents, but otherwise I might need to start from the beginning lol.
I heard the dub, if that is what you are watching, is weird because of censors and editing. Like there are two of the main teammates dating but they make them related? I think cousins? So the sub might be better, but I wouldn't know. I just heard the dub can be strange.

@Midoriya Speaking of Clone Wars, there's a fan animation that is so good it looks it feels like the team made it. You should check it out! It's on YouTube and they redid the Anakin/Obiwan fight from the 3rd movie. I would share it here, but you know what happens with Anakin so yeah I don't want to get a warning lol.

I heard the dub, if that is what you are watching, is weird because of censors and editing. Like there are two of the main teammates dating but they make them related? I think cousins? So the sub might be better, but I wouldn't know. I just heard the dub can be strange.

@Midoriya Speaking of Clone Wars, there's a fan animation that is so good it looks it feels like the team made it. You should check it out! It's on YouTube and they redid the Anakin/Obiwan fight from the 3rd movie. I would share it here, but you know what happens with Anakin so yeah I don't want to get a warning lol.
Yeah…it was the dub on my local Adult Swim. I had heard two of the Sailor girls were in a relationship and the dub changed it, but I’m not that far in the series yet.

Last edited:
It's time to go beyond. My Hero Academia season seven... is here! 😤

Todoroki continues to fight with the others against Dabi and his intense flames. We learn more of Dabi's backstory and past, and how he came to be the way he is now. Dabi then unleashes his Flashfire Fist move on Todoroki, beating him up senselessly. Todoroki, however, managed to successfully charge his own version of Flashfire Fist, and unleashed it at Dabi. He told Dabi that if he needed to vent, they could take it all, and in the end unleashes a plus ultra move, Great Glacial Aegir! The resulting devastation covered the entire area in ice and knocked Dabi unconscious. Meanwhile, Endeavor and Hawks were about to fight to the death with All For One at the Gunga Villa...

Next time on My Hero Academia season seven, episode nine. "Extras." Endeavor must surge past the flames of his past! Go beyond! Plus ultra!

90's hand drawn sci-fi anime with Canadian voice actors hits different for me.
Post automatically merged:

Yeah…it was the dub on my local Adult Swim. I had heard two of the Sailor girls were in a relationship and the dub changed it, but I’m not that far in the series yet.
The voice actors may have been less sarcastic back then. I remember in one of the Fatal Fury movies, they made the villain sound like a surfer dude.

the latest episode of demon slayer was so good - giyu was so silly

with the latest episode, tadaima okaeri is done airing which makes me so sad because i'll miss my weekly dose of hikari cuteness (๑•́ ᎔ ก̀๑)

i finished that time i got reincarnated as a slime season 2 & season 2 part 2 so next i'll watch the movie - i didn't know there was a third season but yay for more content !!! i really do like this series (•̀ᴗ•́ )و

I'm current on My Hero Academia. I just watched the final episode of KonoSuba season 3. I've watched the movie and OVAs for That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime, so now I've finally started the new season properly! 🎉

I'm hesitant to start any new anime after I finish Call of the Night tomorrow. Every July since 2019, I've dedicated it to spending it watching anime purely created by KyotoAnimation, in honor of those who were killed in the arson attack from that year. They're my favorite studio, and I plan to watch the second season of Sound! Euphonium and Amagi Brilliant Park.

I'm hesitant to start any new anime after I finish Call of the Night tomorrow. Every July since 2019, I've dedicated it to spending it watching anime purely created by KyotoAnimation, in honor of those who were killed in the arson attack from that year. They're my favorite studio, and I plan to watch the second season of Sound! Euphonium and Amagi Brilliant Park.
I've been wanting to see Amagi Brilliant Park, and I think I saw Sound Euphonium at a grocery store for $5. I'll take that as a recommendation.

Get ready to slay some demons! Demon Slayer season four... is here! ⚔️

Tanjiro successfully completes the boulder training, as does Inosuke. Gyomei revives Tanjiro after he's exhausted and comments that he's the most selfless and pure person he's ever met. Gyomei recounts to Tanjiro about his past, how he was tasked with protecting children in a temple. One of the children was very sweet and selfless as well, but one of them was selfish. The selfish one didn't make it back to the temple before night fell, and was confronted by a demon at the time. In order to save himself, he told the demon they could have the other children and Gyomei instead. He lead the demon to where they were, and one by one the children were killed because they didn't hide behind Gyomei. Only the selfless one, Sayo, did. But when the authorities arrived, she didn't say anything to help Gyomei's case, and seeing as the demon had already been killed by Gyomei and had dissipated, Gyomei was charged with murder and put in prison. It was only thanks to Ubuyashiki that Gyomei was spared his life and not executed.

Speaking of which, Tanjiro said his goodbyes to Zenitsu for now, and then went to check on Giyu. There, he found Giyu and Sanemi doing Hashira training. After storming off, Sanemi encountered one of the Upper Rank demon's spy drones, and found out that they had been infiltrated.

But it is perhaps too late, as the leader of the demons, Muzan, walked slowly up towards Ubuyashiki in his depleted state. Just what does Muzan intend to say or do?

Next time on Demon Slayer season four, THE SEASON FINALE! Episode eight. "The Hashiras Unite!" You won't want to miss it! (y)

Get ready to slay some demons! IT'S THE SEASON FINALE! Demon Slayer season four... is here! ⚔️

Ubuyashiki talks to Muzan for awhile and lets him know that the human will is what's truly eternal, as the Demon Slayer Corps has not been defeated as a whole in the last 1,000 years. Muzan grows tired of Ubuyashiki's talk and is about to kill him, but instead explosives that Ubuyashiki had previously set go off, destroying the entire mansion and badly damaging Muzan in the process.

As Muzan tries to regenerate, Tamayo traps him and the other Hashiras + Tanjiro make it to him to see what has transpired. They all launch some of their best moves at once, but unfortunately for them they're all taken to Muzan's mysterious castle where demons live... now, with Tanjiro's bold proclamation to defeat Muzan, just how will the Hashiras and everyone respond?

And now for a season in review! Demon Slayer/Kimetsu no Yaiba season four is mostly uneventful in the way of demon fights, but shows a lot of backstory for some of the Hashiras and fleshes out their personalities more. There's also a good amount of lore dropped as well in this season. While the climactic big battle doesn't start until the end and the season is shorter than most, it manages to weave a good narrative, namely being the training of all Demon Slayer Corps members to get stronger. All in all, Demon Slayer/Kimetsu no Yaiba season four receives a good 7/10 on the anime scale. Until next time, see ya!

And just a reminder that from here on out the next parts of the Demon Slayer story will be released in movies, coming to theaters worldwide soon...!

Back