The Anime Thread

a new trailer for the Ave Mujica anime has been released, and it is mainly reused scenes from the MYGO anime. aside from this shot of Sakiko...
GRpgBxEbEAAV5Pe.jpeg

Here's a first look at the Witch Hat Atelier anime, which is due to come out next year! It looks even more beautiful than I expected! I'm a huge fan of the manga (it's actually where my icon comes from), so I'm really glad that they seem to be adapting it with a lot of care.

I'd like to see more older anime with dubs like this and Ranma 1/2. I don't even know who dubbed early Tenchi, I'm guessing it's Canadian. I know Ranma was handled by Ocean, at least partially.

There's no episode of MHA this week (unfortunately), but I came here to say I started watching Pokemon Horizons after finishing the previous series, and it's absolutely amazing! I'm really loving the story so far and it just seems like it has a lot to offer now that Ash isn't in the show anymore. I'm looking forward to watching more of it and will see if my opinion changes at all once I have.

It's time to go beyond. My Hero Academia season seven... is here! 😤

Hawks, Jiro, and Tokoyami continue to fight against All For One, even after being injured. Thanks to teamwork they're able to destroy his mask and expose his head. All For One is about to unleash a huge attack on them, but Endeavor intervenes and blocks it. Endeavor remembers his origin of becoming a hero and relentlessly pushes All For One across the ground. He then takes All For One up into the air to deliver a plus ultra Prominence Burn! Unfortunately, however, even after being incinerated, it seems All For One had one last trick up his sleeve...

Meanwhile, Bakugo and the others continue to fight against Shigaraki without Midoriya being there. Bakugo has finally worked up enough sweat to release rapid fire shots at Shigaraki, and gets close to him, delivering a plus ultra Howitzer Impact Cluster. Unfortunately, Shigaraki is still intact and breaks Bakugo's arm, tossing him and the other heroes aside. With Bakugo backed into a corner, will Midoriya arrive in time?

Next time on My Hero Academia season seven, episode eleven. "Light Fades to Rain." It's time for the big three of U.A. High School to make their stand! Go beyond! Plus ultra!

I've started watching Fairy Tail: 100 Years Quest. It's familiar and fun. I'll see where it goes.

I've been loving My Hero Academia this season. Sadly, I can't say the same for That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime. I've been trying to catch up on season 3, but it is soooo boring. Every episode is just one meeting after another. That's my life. I don't want it in anime form. 😝

I'm going to continue trying to make my way through it because I want to learn more about Luminous Valentine. She seems like a very interesting character. But if something, anything, doesn't happen soon I might have to consider giving the show up.

^I'll do this too. I'm back on Outlaw Star. One of my first. It's on Disney Plus now.

I did get three episodes into the Tower of Druaga since I have the old DVD set a couple weeks ago. It's been a little warm to marathon much on the old TV.

I do want to get back unto a couple shows like Chrono Crusade, Night Raid 1931, or things I've found on youtube if Disney cracks down on password sharing like they said they would, twice. I might do it anyway even if don't stop the password sharing.

I'd like to look into Mythical Detective Loki Ragnarok from ADV in 2005, but there isn't much about it online anymore.

I've finished Amagi Brilliant Park and its OVA today, and it was a fun ride. Pretty well animated as well. I'll be resuming Sound! Euphonium tomorrow, and when I finish it, it will be my 300th anime I've watched!

I saw there will be a new Ranma 1/2 anime later this year. I feel so old…I used to watch the 90s one as a teenager lol. (on YouTube) I also used to write fanfics, print out character pics and stick them in my school binders, and was probably annoying in my love of it. I don’t know what to expect from this new adaptation, but I loved the old one, so it’ll be hard to measure up.

There will also be a Santa Claus anime coming out, based on something by the creator of Beastars. If I hear good things about it, I might tune in lol.

I love how Nehellenia (Drag Race Italia) said her outfit for the Global All-Stars promo was inspired by anime characters. (notably, Gallade and Sailor Jupiter) It was also one of the best promo looks, in my opinion.
1721273088871.png

There's no episode of MHA this week (unfortunately), but I came here to say I started watching Pokemon Horizons after finishing the previous series, and it's absolutely amazing! I'm really loving the story so far and it just seems like it has a lot to offer now that Ash isn't in the show anymore. I'm looking forward to watching more of it and will see if my opinion changes at all once I have.

I've just about wrapped up watching all of what's available on Netflix so far. Think I just have 3 or 4 episodes left since I'm watching the English dub, and the next episodes don't come out until August 9th.

But from what I've watched so far it's been amazing! I love the dynamic between Liko, Roy, and Dot, and their interactions with the crew and other people and Pokemon. Really excited to see where this show goes, because it seems really promising. It's kind of turned into a comfort show for me by this point. :blush:

I saw there will be a new Ranma 1/2 anime later this year. I feel so old…I used to watch the 90s one as a teenager lol. (on YouTube) I also used to write fanfics, print out character pics and stick them in my school binders, and was probably annoying in my love of it. I don’t know what to expect from this new adaptation, but I loved the old one, so it’ll be hard to measure up.

There will also be a Santa Claus anime coming out, based on something by the creator of Beastars. If I hear good things about it, I might tune in lol.

I love how Nehellenia (Drag Race Italia) said her outfit for the Global All-Stars promo was inspired by anime characters. (notably, Gallade and Sailor Jupiter) It was also one of the best promo looks, in my opinion.
View attachment 571907
I'd like to know more about this Ranma reboot.

Rumiko Takahashi wasn't involved with the Inuyasha revival short of character designs. I didn't give that one a chance yet due to Rin and Sesshomaru being paired up.

I'd like to know more about this Ranma reboot.

Rumiko Takahashi wasn't involved with the Inuyasha revival short of character designs. I didn't give that one a chance yet due to Rin and Sesshomaru being paired up.
All I know is that it’s being produced by the same studio that makes Jujutsu Kaisen and that the main original voice cast are returning.
It’s interesting that there was just a reboot of Urusei Yatsura late last year/early this year (another Rumiko anime, obvs). But I haven’t seen that she was involved in either reboot.

I just finished Sound! Euphonium Season 2, and it was just as beautiful and amazing as the first season. It also concludes my KyoAni tribute watchings for the year. Tomorrow I'm going to resume Windbreaker. It's so silly but it's fun.

Well, just when I was about to give up on it, things are finally happening in That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime. It only took 7 episodes to get to this point! Finally, some conflict and interest!

I think i stopped MHA midway through S4 (I think this was...Overhaul arc?) I'll be rewatching the anime again once MHA finishes since the manga is soon to be finished (at least i think so) also I recommend haikyuu a lot it's become my comfort anime as of recent i'm still saddened that the last few arcs will be in movies only since i was really looking forward to having another season instead

I think i stopped MHA midway through S4 (I think this was...Overhaul arc?) I'll be rewatching the anime again once MHA finishes since the manga is soon to be finished (at least i think so) also I recommend haikyuu a lot it's become my comfort anime as of recent i'm still saddened that the last few arcs will be in movies only since i was really looking forward to having another season instead

Yeah, the first half of season four was the Overhaul arc. Second half was the school festival.

I really enjoyed Haikyuu a lot! It was really amazing to watch and I can't believe I put it off for so long. I'm probably going to try and watch the first movie at some point soon. Really looking forward to it.

It's time to go beyond. My Hero Academia season seven... is here! 😤

Mirio, Amajiki, and Nejire of the U.A. Big Three continue to stall for time with the other heroes to try and protect Bakugo after he got injured. Amajiki launches a full-scale blast with the help of Nejire and Mirio, but unfortunately it doesn't destroy Shigaraki. Much to their surprise, however, Bakugo gets back up and charges at Shigaraki with enhanced speed thanks to his Quirk. He gets some good attacks in as well. However, Shigaraki gets past Bakugo's attack and pierces him, supposedly killing him. With things not looking good for the heroes, just how much longer will it take for Midoriya to get back?

Next time on My Hero Academia season seven, episode twelve. "Those Who Defend, Those Who Violate." The tables are turning in favor of the villains! Go beyond! Plus ultra!

Do any of my fellow anime watchers use any anime tracking websites to keep track of things that you've read/watched? If so, what's your top 10 favorites on that list?

Back