The Anime Thread

Do any of my fellow anime watchers use any anime tracking websites to keep track of things that you've read/watched? If so, what's your top 10 favorites on that list?
I don't yet. Here's some off the top of my head. I'm in a 90's mood.

1. Outlaw Star
2. Tenchi Universe
3. Samurai Champloo
4. Hare+Guu
5. Gurren Lagaan
6. Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi
7. Dominion Tank Police
8. Nerima Daikon Brothers
9. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
10. Bobobo Bo bo bobo

I don’t use any anime tracking websites, but my personal favorite has to be Eyeshield 21. Other favorites of mine include Mob Psycho 100 and Blue Lock. I don’t watch enough anime to justify having a list on a website. There’s just a few that catch my attention, and I’ll watch them.

Do any of my fellow anime watchers use any anime tracking websites to keep track of things that you've read/watched? If so, what's your top 10 favorites on that list?
i habitually use anilist!

1. haikyuu
  2. tamako market & love story
  3. wotakoi
  4. gakuen babysitters
  5. my new boss is goofy
  6. fairy tail
  7. that time i was reincarnated as a slime
  8. akagami no shirayuki hime
  9. kimi no todoke
  10. demon slayer

i haven't updated in a while but i finished quite a few series that were on my "to be watched" list ദ്ദി(。•̀ ,<)~

currently i'm watching ramen akaneko, a journey through another world: raising kids while adventuring, and the second season of the saint's magic is omnipotent !!

I finished the English dub of the Pokemon Horizons anime! I really, really love it so far and can't wait until the next episodes come out on August 9th. In the meantime I'm probably going to go back and watch the Pokemon movies from 2021 and 2022. I believe one of them focuses on Zarude and the other on Arceus, and I haven't seen either of them yet, so it should be a fun movie night later. :3

I finished the English dub of the Pokemon Horizons anime! I really, really love it so far and can't wait until the next episodes come out on August 9th.
Cool! I'm way behind on Japanese Horizons (Haven't been watching since May T_T) and it's not among my priorities to catch up anymore, but someday I'll get to that point. I'm glad you love it! :D

Cool! I'm way behind on Japanese Horizons (Haven't been watching since May T_T) and it's not among my priorities to catch up anymore, but someday I'll get to that point. I'm glad you love it! :D

I thought about watching the Japanese subbed version, but decided against it mainly because I watched all of the previous series for Pokemon in English, and it'd feel pretty odd for me to do so. I also like being able to do something else while it's on and I don't have to look at the screen constantly to understand what's going on.

It's probably the only anime I'll ever watch the English dub for outside of MHA and Black Clover, but I don't really have a problem waiting for more episodes to come out.

---

Unrelated, but I looked on Crunchyroll and apparently Tower of God season 2 is out and has three episodes already, so I'm going to continue that because I really enjoyed the first season. I also found Space Dandy on there, so I might rewatch that from start to finish for the giggles.

I recently finished watching season one of Black Clover and it's great. Although it's not my favorite anime, the story is exciting and the characters are funny.

In addition, I've been watching the Pokemon Horizons anime and I love it. The plot is compelling and I like the new characters such as Liko and Roy. Can't wait for the new season that's coming out soon.

I recently finished watching season one of Black Clover and it's great. Although it's not my favorite anime, the story is exciting and the characters are funny.

In addition, I've been watching the Pokemon Horizons anime and I love it. The plot is compelling and I like the new characters such as Liko and Roy. Can't wait for the new season that's coming out soon.

I'm so glad you've started watching it! Black Clover is one of my favorite comfort shows for real. Let me know your thoughts once you've finished the 170 episodes available! 🥳

Since I've gotten back to Wind Breaker (which has a hilarious name), the more I've thought of it as an average show. It's entertaining enough, but it also feels like a slog to get through at times. Luckily for me, I only have two more episodes left before I move onto something else. I'll probably watch something trashy but interesting to balance it out for me.

I haven't watched anime in a while but I would like to watch something with summer vibes like Tsuritama. I watched the first episode of Grand Blue and it's not quite what I had in mind.... All of those jokes feel old now. Any recommendations?

I haven't watched anime in a while but I would like to watch something with summer vibes like Tsuritama. I watched the first episode of Grand Blue and it's not quite what I had in mind.... All of those jokes feel old now. Any recommendations?
I haven't seen Tsuritama, and after watching the opening, I still don't know what to expect, but I'm interested. The art style reminds me of the Summer Wars movie.
Post automatically merged:

All I know is that it’s being produced by the same studio that makes Jujutsu Kaisen and that the main original voice cast are returning.
It’s interesting that there was just a reboot of Urusei Yatsura late last year/early this year (another Rumiko anime, obvs). But I haven’t seen that she was involved in either reboot.
I found a Japanese Netflix trailer.

It's time to continue to ascend the tower! Tower of God season two... is here! 🪜

We find ourselves with a new set of characters to focus on this season, namely a guy named Wangnan who also wants to climb to the top of the tower like Baam did. Unfortunately he keeps failing the 20th floor test, and if he fails again he will owe debt collectors his organs and he'll die. He makes a deal with them and is given one last chance to pass the E ranked test.

At the testing site, he and others encounter a mysterious man known as Viole, who is extremely powerful. After everyone arrives, Viole begins to try and take them all out. He's one step away from eliminating Wangnan as Wangnan runs away, but fortunately for Wangnan, the bombs on him seem to be effective against slowing down Viole. Just as Wangnan is about to be killed, the first stage of the E ranked test ends, and he is spared his life.

With everyone on edge around Viole, just how will Wangnan continue to pass the tests and climb the tower? And what really happened to Baam?

Next time on Tower of God season two, episodes two through four. Stay tuned! (y)

lately, i've been into the slayers anime :love: 🤗 :love:just finished the Slayers Gorgeous movie recently
🤗:love: i love it ^^
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slayers for anyone who doesn't know about it...

Screenshot 2024-08-03 at 22-48-38 lina inverse anime - Google Search.png

Last edited:
It's time to go beyond. My Hero Academia season seven... is here! 😤

While Midoriya was still racing back towards the Coffin in the Sky, things were not looking good for the heroes. Edgeshot began to sacrifice himself to help save Bakugo and not let him die. Mirko, Lemillion, and the others began to try and buy time so Shigaraki wouldn't interrupt the process.

Meanwhile, All For One's trump card is played against Endeavor and Hawks as his body begins to regenerate. The downside to this is that his body will keep getting younger until he's nothing anymore, but it at least buys him some time against the heroes.

Discussion about the USA's future is going down, and one of the officials tries to remind the president and others what Star was fighting for.

Back at the Coffin in the Sky, everyone is about to run out of time as Edgeshot and Best Jeanist try to save Bakugo, but thankfully Lemillion is able to distract a powered-up Shigaraki long enough for the barrier to be taken down and Midoriya to arrive, who promptly delivers a smash against Shigaraki.

Next time on My Hero Academia season seven, episode thirteen. "A Chain of Events, Across the Ages." With the heroes struggling against Shigaraki, it's up to me to turn the tides! Go beyond! Plus ultra!

Currently in the middle of watching the newly-released 3rd season of Kimi Ni Todoke, but here's my top 10 list as featured on MyAnimeList:

It's time to continue to ascend the tower! Tower of God season two... is here! 🪜

Wangnan and everyone else make it to the second stage of the test to ascend the tower. Their next task is to measure up their overall strength by punching into a device, and only the eight strongest competitors will be allowed to advance. Even though the others talk a big game, Viole ends up being the strongest one there by a large margin. The test administrator, Love, asks Viole to then choose the seven other competitors who will be allowed to advance with him.

However, Viole doesn't choose any of them, stating that none of them are worthy of being his teammate. As a result, everyone must take another test. In this test, everyone is given remote communication devices. Their task is to gather seven people in six rooms in order to advance to be able to continue ascending the tower. Half the competitors must be guards while the other half's task is to gather people. Viole, however, is given a very specific task, which is to try and take the comm device from the test administrator, Love. Since Viole is a slayer candidate for FUG, Love doesn't like Viole. The test starts and already at least one competitor has died. Wangnan focuses with his fellow competitors to try and pass the test while Viole confronts Love and begins a game of life-or-death baseball with him. If Viole is able to catch the comm device before it's knocked away he will win, but he now already has two strikes against the overwhelming might of a test administrator...

Next time on Tower of God season two, episodes four and five. Stay tuned! (y)

For the nostalgia I love to watch Ranma ½ and Maison Ikkoku. My childhood cat recently passed away, but named him after a character in Maison Ikkoku, Kyoko. I also like to watch Jojo but not as much into anime nowadays.

Everything starts going south for Wangnan and his team after Nia is captured by the debt collector and subsequently killed. It also turns out that the previous death of a competitor was faked in order to take out Prince. Wangnan decides on what to do next and storms off. Everyone makes their own plans to help out as well.

Meanwhile, Viole continues his game with the test administrator, Love, and is down to his final strike. Just as he's about to fail the test, Wangnan storms in and picks up the comm device. He tells Viole to help him and his friends out if he wants the comm device back. Viole agrees to this, and the tables are turned in Wangnan's favor. Viole, Wangnan, and six of the others end up passing the test and are allowed to continue climbing the tower.... but perhaps this was the test administrator's goal all along?

Next we get a glimpse of Khun, who is still disturbed that Baam is gone. He's recruited a new team of allies and is currently living with them and Rachel. After recruiting a speedster in Edin Dan, Khun talks with Shibisu about how Rachel was lying to them, and suspects her of having killed Baam. Khun formulates a plan to deal with her. They are just one month away from continuing to ascend the tower, while at the same time, Viole, Wangnan, and others are on the move too...

Next time on Tower of God season two, episode six. "Zygaena's Flower." You won't want to miss it! (y)

Back