The Anime Thread

Got that post anime depression, boys. Parasyte was pretty good, I've been wanting to watch it for a while so I'm glad I finally got around to it. I've been putting off the last 4 episodes of trigun because it's getting too sad and I don't want it to end :(

Parasyte: the maxim is one of my favorite anime shows, so I’m glad you liked it. I also haven’t got around to watching Trigun yet, but that’s probably what I’ll be watching next whenever I resume my anime binging. How good is Trigun in your opinion? I’ve heard a lot of people say good things about it.

Last edited:
Parasyte: the maxim is one of my favorite anime shows, so I’m glad you liked it. I also haven’t got around to watching Trigun yet, but that’s probably what I’ll be watching next whenever I resume my anime binging. How good is Trigun in your opinion? I’ve heard a lot of people say good things about it.

Yeah i really enjoyed parasyte! And Trigun is so ****ing good! It's like a dusty western cowboy bebop lol and the characters are so lovable, highly recommend (Make sure you get around to samurai champloo too, dog :rolleyes: )

Last edited:
Yeah i really enjoyed parasyte! And Trigun is so ****ing good! It's like a dusty western cowboy bebop lol and the characters are so lovable, highly recommend (Make sure you get around to samurai champloo too, dog :rolleyes: )

Trigun and Samurai Champloo are next on my list for sure. :cool:

Trigun is a very good anime and I highly recommend it, but (not to be a downer) I didn't really like the ending. The same goes for a lot of anime with me so I don't let it ruin my impression of the anime as a whole. It's still very much worth the watch. It just...kind of goes out with a whimper in my opinion. I'm interested to see what you both think of it after you've finished watching it.

Trigun is a very good anime and I highly recommend it, but (not to be a downer) I didn't really like the ending. The same goes for a lot of anime with me so I don't let it ruin my impression of the anime as a whole. It's still very much worth the watch. It just...kind of goes out with a whimper in my opinion. I'm interested to see what you both think of it after you've finished watching it.

Well to be fair, I’ve heard from others and realized now that only a few anime shows out of the countless ones there are have truly good endings. I also heard that most of the time reading the manga is better than watching the show.

Doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy the show though. I’ll make sure to post a review here when I finish it. :)

Well to be fair, I’ve heard from others and realized now that only a few anime shows out of the countless ones there are have truly good endings. I also heard that most of the time reading the manga is better than watching the show.

Doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy the show though. I’ll make sure to post a review here when I finish it. :)

That is so true. Ending aside, Trigun has great characters and a compelling, emotional story. It's got comedy, action, and drama covered. Just my 2 cents. :D

Okay, finished trigun and boy howdy that ending LOL absolutely didn't know what to expect, so I know what you mean now destani
Excellent show over all, think im due for a happy anime next tho when I recover from this one lol

currently watching evangelion since it was added to netflix. i watched the first two episodes a long time ago but never finished it. its really good so far! some people said there was a lot of christian imagery and symbolism and i totally picked up on it and felt so smart lol

currently watching evangelion since it was added to netflix. i watched the first two episodes a long time ago but never finished it. its really good so far! some people said there was a lot of christian imagery and symbolism and i totally picked up on it and felt so smart lol

Are you watching subbed or the new dub? I've seen a lot of controversy about the new dub.

Are you watching subbed or the new dub? I've seen a lot of controversy about the new dub.

I was going to ask about that. Netflix says it is closer to the original Japanese script. All I know is Shinji and the white haired kid don't seem as close as they were in the adv dub. Also cutting out a song due to legal stuff. I haven't seen either.

The new dub was a bit disappointing... Mostly because of Shinji and Kaoru aren't as gay as I've seen people hyping them up to be

The new dub was a bit disappointing... Mostly because of Shinji and Kaoru aren't as gay as I've seen people hyping them up to be

They never really were all that gay imo. The subtext was definitely there, but it was always meant to be ambiguous in what way Kaworu loved Shinji.

I watched the scene they altered. They changed the line 'I love you' to 'I like you' Reginald's right, a lot of people are saying this is actually more accurate to the Japanese line. The original dub got a lot of things like that wrong. Personally though I think 'I love you' is a better choice for the storytelling. Shinji at this point in the story feels worthless and unlovable, so he needs to hear that there is someone out there who truly cares for him. If Kaworu doesn't drop the L bomb it significantly weakens the impact (heh) of how his and Shinji's story ultimately turns out.

On different note I like Kaworu's new voice but Shinji sounds weird to me.

i feel like ep 24 couldve been... better, but it could've been worse so eh

I loved the Dororo finale! I was expecting a lot more tragic so I’m pretty satisfied as a whole. I have nitpicks, but I’m impressed with how much material they managed to pack into only 24 minutes.
I wish tahomaru, nui, and jukai didn’t die though. I understand why they died, but the way they did was kind of silly. Like... They had plenty of time to get out. It was frustrating that they didn’t.

I’m also really happy to see adult Dororo! She’s so pretty like her mother <3 The last scene feels more like a beginning than an ending. It leaves me hopeful for an ova or a second season. As is it does feel a little incomplete. it’s just begging for more!

As a whole it’s a LOT better than the manga and now that it’s done I can definitely say it’s one of my favorite animes ever. <3

Last edited:
I loved the Dororo finale! I was expecting a lot more tragic so I’m pretty satisfied as a whole. I have nitpicks, but I’m impressed with how much material they managed to pack into only 24 minutes.
I wish tahomaru, nui, and jukai didn’t die though. I understand why they died, but the way they did was kind of silly. Like... They had plenty of time to get out. It was frustrating that they didn’t.

I’m also really happy to see adult Dororo! She’s so pretty like her mother <3 The last scene leaves me hopeful for an ova or a second season. As is it does feel a little incomplete. it’s just begging for more!

As a whole it’s a LOT better than the manga and now that it’s done I can definitely say it’s one of my favorite animes ever. <3
Can I ask if they kill off Hyakkimaru,his adoptive dad or Dororo? In a spoiler of course.

Anyone here watch or read demon slayer? I hope they get to finish the story in the anime but the manga is reallllly far ahead so I'm not sure if they'd have enough episodes to get through the entire thing. :c Love the action scenes n cute nezuko tho!

Can I ask if they kill off Hyakkimaru,his adoptive dad or Dororo? In a spoiler of course.

EDIT: I originally wrote something really detailed then realized that you might not want to be spoiled that much, so here?s just the answer to your question and for you want more details click the second spoiler.

The adoptive dad dies. Hyakkimaru and Dororo both live.

Sadly, the adoptive father dies. Along with Hyakki?s brother and Mom. The first thing Hyakkimaru sees are his Mom and adopted dad right before they burn to death. Hyakkimaru and Dororo are both alive however! They end up going their separate ways, but the last scene is an adult Dororo running towards Hyakkimaru on a bridge hunting that they do eventually reunite!

Last edited:
I loved the Dororo finale! I was expecting a lot more tragic so I?m pretty satisfied as a whole. I have nitpicks, but I?m impressed with how much material they managed to pack into only 24 minutes.
I wish tahomaru, nui, and jukai didn?t die though. I understand why they died, but the way they did was kind of silly. Like... They had plenty of time to get out. It was frustrating that they didn?t.

I?m also really happy to see adult Dororo! She?s so pretty like her mother <3 The last scene feels more like a beginning than an ending. It leaves me hopeful for an ova or a second season. As is it does feel a little incomplete. it?s just begging for more!

As a whole it?s a LOT better than the manga and now that it?s done I can definitely say it?s one of my favorite animes ever. <3

nui and jukai's deaths kind of make sense, but yeah there was something really passive about the way the scene played out that it made their deaths seem kind of... unnecessary.

also i cant really tell if tahomaru's wounds were fatal? but even then it seems weird that no one made any effort to save him and just decided to let him die in the fire lol

i think i would've liked to see what they'd do if they had an extra episode instead of stuffing the finale into one episode. at the very least they could've made the fight with the last demon last more than 12 seconds.

nui and jukai's deaths kind of make sense, but yeah there was something really passive about the way the scene played out that it made their deaths seem kind of... unnecessary.

also i cant really tell if tahomaru's wounds were fatal? but even then it seems weird that no one made any effort to save him and just decided to let him die in the fire lol

i think i would've liked to see what they'd do if they had an extra episode instead of stuffing the finale into one episode. at the very least they could've made the fight with the last demon last more than 12 seconds.

Yeah, I agree. I wish that there was a greater sense of urgency or a better reason why they couldn't get out rather than all of them just giving up without even trying.

It definitely could've used an extra 20 minutes just to tie everything together. They had 2 filler episodes in the series. One of them could've been cut and the extra time used for the finale instead. I agree that the final demon fight was too rushed and I was left confused as to what happened at first.

I also would've liked more 'epilogue' stuff, like a more detailed montage of Hyaki and Dororo's lives and what they did during the timeskip. But like I said, I feel like they're setting up for an epilogue OVA or a season 2. Either way, fingers crossed for more!

Yeah, I agree. I wish that there was a greater sense of urgency or a better reason why they couldn't get out rather than all of them just giving up without even trying.

It definitely could've used an extra 20 minutes just to tie everything together. They had 2 filler episodes in the series. One of them could've been cut and the extra time used for the finale instead. I agree that the final demon fight was too rushed and I was left confused as to what happened at first.

I also would've liked more 'epilogue' stuff, like a more detailed montage of Hyaki and Dororo's lives and what they did during the timeskip. But like I said, I feel like they're setting up for an epilogue OVA or a season 2. Either way, fingers crossed for more!

yeah exactly, even like a "hey bro youre gonna die over there" from dororo or hyakkimaru wouldve been something.

tbh, i dont even remember what the other filler episode was but id totally be ok if the marriage episode got ditched in favor of the finale having more room to breath.

idunno if i could see them making a season 2, the ending felt pretty conclusive so if thats the last we get then i'm fairly satisfied. i bet if we do get an ova tho it'd be a filler episode set sometime before the ending, but i'd be happy with an epilogue.

Last edited:
Back