The Anime Thread

Anyone here watch or read demon slayer? I hope they get to finish the story in the anime but the manga is reallllly far ahead so I'm not sure if they'd have enough episodes to get through the entire thing. :c Love the action scenes n cute nezuko tho!

Im reading the manga now and following the anime weekly. Fantastic stuff :D

In other news I'm excited for the newest season of PGE. The new op is stunning!

I really hope Hank Hill unleashes his seventh gate sharingan ultra instinct stand nen supah propain ability in the new season.

—-

Anyway, I watched the most recent episode of Black Clover.

Black Clover episode 89:

With most of the Black Bulls gone, including Captain Yami, Vanessa, and Magna, the base was left defended by Gauche, Grey, and Gordon. While they were goofing off, Valtos, Rades, and Sally attacked the Black Bulls hideout with zombies and such. Gauche, Grey, and Gordon fought valiantly, but were unable to defeat Rades’s newest zombie experiment. Just then, an alarm sounded throughout the base and the white-haired, sleepy slow-speaker Henry Legolant arrived on the scene! The most recent of the Black Bulls members that hadn’t been revealed yet. Next episode is going to feature a crazy magic battle between the three Eye of the Midnight Sun attackers and four of the Black Bulls’ lesser known members. Looking forward to it for sure.

BUMP.

I decided to start an anime I haven’t watched, this time Attack on Titan, and watched the first five episodes of it.

Attack on Titan episodes 1-5:

Eren, Mikasa, and Armin are three great friends and Armin predicts that the titans would breach the wall that hasn’t been breached in 100 years at Zhiganshina. Right after he says the word “today,” the Colossal Titan breaches the wall and the other, smaller titans rush in. Eren is taken away as his mother is eaten, and he leaves on a boat with Armin and Mikasa to inside Wall Rose. From there, him, Mikasa, and Armin start preparing to join the Survey Corps, the faction of soldiers that go out and kill titans, and are trained in boot camp. Lastly, the Colossal Titan appears in Trost and breaks open the gate, but then vanishes. The titans rush in and Eren watches Thomas, a soldier, be devoured by one of them. One by one the others are devoured and Armin is almost devoured, but Eren saves him and is devoured instead (although I know he’s not dead yet because I’ve seen bits and pieces of the show on Toonami in the past). Overall the show started off really well and is well done, the pacing is good, and the action is nice. I’m enjoying every second of it. Looking forward to binging the next episodes until I catch up with what’s most recent.

Last edited:
BUMP.

I decided to start an anime I haven’t watched, this time Attack on Titan, and watched the first five episodes of it.

Eren, Mikasa, and Armin are three great friends and Armin predicts that the titans would breach the wall that hasn’t been breached in 100 years at Zhiganshina. Right after he says the word “today,” the Colossal Titan breaches the wall and the other, smaller titans rush in. Eren is taken away as his mother is eaten, and he leaves on a boat with Armin and Mikasa to inside Wall Rose. From there, him, Mikasa, and Armin start preparing to join the Survey Corps, the faction of soldiers that go out and kill titans, and are trained in boot camp. Lastly, the Colossal Titan appears in Trost and breaks open the gate, but then vanishes. The titans rush in and Eren watches Thomas, a soldier, be devoured by one of them. One by one the others are devoured and Armin is almost devoured, but Eren saves him and is devoured instead (although I know he’s not dead yet because I’ve seen bits and pieces of the show on Toonami in the past). Overall the show started off really well and is well done, the pacing is good, and the action is nice. I’m enjoying every second of it. Looking forward to binging the next episodes until I catch up with what’s most recent.

The first few arcs of Attack on Titan are particularly great. I don't totally love the direction it takes later on in the manga, but overall, it's a very enjoyable series. Like you said, the pacing is good, so it's easy to stay engaged.

I not long started watching Psycho-Pass as it was something that came up in my recommended, and sdfgfggkhhhh omg I love it so much ;-; I'm currently on season 2 at the moment!

I not long started watching Psycho-Pass as it was something that came up in my recommended, and sdfgfggkhhhh omg I love it so much ;-; I'm currently on season 2 at the moment!

I haven't watched Psycho-Pass in forever omg... it's so good though.
It was a series I watched with my aunt out of the blue when we were hunting for animes.
We turned it on and got addicted QUICK. I need to rewatch it :p

Currently watching Cardcaptor Sakura.

Hoping to watch this year:

Beastars
Dororo
Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma
Gankutsuou
The Helpful Fox Senko-san
How Many Kilograms are the Dumbbells You Lift?
Mob Psycho 100 II
Rainbow
Sound! Euphonium
Teasing Master Takagi-san season 2
Windy Tales

All right, hope this is the right thread to ask this question...

So, I heard of that anime called "Sarazanmai", and was wondering: How is it? Good? Bad? Worth to
watch? (It's been a while since I saw my last anime, so I'm looking for something new.)

BUMP.

I decided to start an anime I haven?t watched, this time Attack on Titan, and watched the first five episodes of it.

Eren, Mikasa, and Armin are three great friends and Armin predicts that the titans would breach the wall that hasn?t been breached in 100 years at Zhiganshina. Right after he says the word ?today,? the Colossal Titan breaches the wall and the other, smaller titans rush in. Eren is taken away as his mother is eaten, and he leaves on a boat with Armin and Mikasa to inside Wall Rose. From there, him, Mikasa, and Armin start preparing to join the Survey Corps, the faction of soldiers that go out and kill titans, and are trained in boot camp. Lastly, the Colossal Titan appears in Trost and breaks open the gate, but then vanishes. The titans rush in and Eren watches Thomas, a soldier, be devoured by one of them. One by one the others are devoured and Armin is almost devoured, but Eren saves him and is devoured instead (although I know he?s not dead yet because I?ve seen bits and pieces of the show on Toonami in the past). Overall the show started off really well and is well done, the pacing is good, and the action is nice. I?m enjoying every second of it. Looking forward to binging the next episodes until I catch up with what?s most recent.

Nice. I really like Attack on Titan. It's one of the few shows I can binge because each episode always leaves me wanting more. I just finished up the final episode of season 3 myself and found out season 4 will be the last season. I'm looking forward to it, but next year is going to be a long wait.

I finished up the current seasons of Fairy Gone (an okay show), One-Punch Man (meh), and Attack on Titan (amazing as always). I've still got a couple of episodes left of Bungo Stray Dogs to get caught up, but I think that season is over as well.

So I've started watching season 2 of Aggrestuko and season 2 of Himouto! Umaru-chan. I loved the first season of both of these shows so I'm hoping the second seasons will be just as good.

Last edited:
I finished watching Emma: A Victorian Romance today. I'm so glad I took a chance on it because I loved it. It felt like a story right out of a classic turn of the century romance novel. Because of that, I wouldn't recommend it to the average anime fan, but it's good for those who like classic literature or the Victorian time period.

The animation quality had a soft, nostalgic feel. The music and little details really helped create the perfect atmosphere. I felt like they went to a lot of trouble to get things right and make everyday life during that era come to life.

My complaints would be that the character of Hakim was cliche and stereotypical and they contrived obstacles at the end to build up a dramatic finale, but all of that is in keeping with a classic Victorian novel as well so looking at it from that angle, I didn't mind it so much.

Overall, not an anime for everybody, but for me it was perfect.

Fairy Tail is still #1 for me. Been watching it ever since it first came out as an anime, then started reading the manga, and I’m watching the final series right now. Of course, I watched the movies too. Crazy to think of how many years I’ve been watching it for a decade now. It was the first anime I watched, and my favourite of all :)

I'm almost finished with the first season of Yakusoku Neverland.
Wow, really amazing anime. : o The tone is very unique: it has this Disney feel to it but it's also similar to Shingeki no Kyojin... very good!

I finished the second season of Aggretsuko today. I still enjoyed it very much but I didn't feel quite the same connection with the main character as I did in the first season. I feel like the story is taking its natural progression, though, and I think I understand where it's headed.

I also started season 6 of RWBY, which I'm going to count as anime because I've seen others talk about it on this thread.

I'm a huge fan of BSD (Bungo Stray Dogs), Hitman Reborn, Owari no Seraph, Boku no Hero~ I'm also reading Ao no Exorcist, Akatsuki no Yona, Yakusoku no Neverland~ I'm also into shoujo manga,

Last edited:
Back