The Anime Thread

Watched the most recent episode of Black Clover and finished season two of Attack on Titan just earlier.

Black Clover episode 94:

Captain Yami arrived, but too late to save the Wizard King, Julius Novachrono, as he died. He ended up leaving everything to Captain Yami and the others. Licht got the last two magic stones and then set them in the magic tablet, completing it and beginning the process of returning to their old forms. He used Valtos, Rades, and Sally as the foundation for what was about to happen, thereby betraying them and calling them essentially worthless human beings. Raia of the Third Eye got a power boost as well after having fought Royal Knights Captain Mereoleona Vermillion, Asta, and Zora. Finally, Yuno and the others from Golden Dawn made it to the center room of the Eye of The Midnight Sun’s base, only to watch the revival of an elf there, and at the very end we got a hint as to what Yuno may actually be... definitely looking forward to the coming episodes.

Attack on Titan episode 26-37:

Some of the scouts came into contact with the beast titan who can talk, and the sniff-a-lots guy under Levi ended up dying because of it. The scouts found out that Ymir can transform into a titan as well. Just then, as they were all about to leave the wall, Reiner and Bertholdt revealed themselves as the armored and colossal titans, respectively. Eren tried to get away, but had to fight Reiner in titan form. Eren used martial arts to topple him and almost win, but Bertholdt in titan form fell from the wall and Reiner and Bertholdt escaped to the forest of giant trees with Eren and Ymir. The scouts followed them and took a lot of casualties, and it took Hannes’s death to trigger Eren’s Coordinate power in order to control the titans. Eren and the others got away and retreated, and Ymir went with Reiner and Bertholdt so that they could return “home,” outside the walls (wherever that may be) not being empty-handed. There was a lot more revealed, but now at least both sides know each other’s identities. I’m definitely looking forward to binging season three soon.

Also, RIP Hannes, my favorite character in the show. I talked about this in the TA-DA server, but despite seeming like a one-dimensional drunk in the first episode, he had a serious side and it was actually pretty cool. He acted like a father to Eren, Mikasa, and Armin. He didn’t deserve to die :(

My favorites are Mob Psycho 100, Hunter x Hunter, and Made in Abyss! As well as all the Studio Ghibli movies lol. Also I've recently started watching My Hero Academia with my boyfriend!

My favorites are Mob Psycho 100, Hunter x Hunter, and Made in Abyss! As well as all the Studio Ghibli movies lol. Also I've recently started watching My Hero Academia with my boyfriend!

I just finished mob psycho s2! It was so good :,^D

8E67BDA6-2C60-4E2B-97B7-3B37BFBF23F7.jpg
YES
THANK YOU

Arawaka Under the Bridge (and x Bridge) just fell into my lap by sheer accident and I’ve no idea why I’d never heard of it because it’s now one of my favorites so thought I’d mention it in case anyone wants to give it a try... It’s on Crunchyroll.

Should I give Pani Poni Dash another chance? I saw one ep years ago. Must have been in the mood for something else.

Last edited:
Anyone here watching golden kamuy? Watched the first 7 episodes and hoo boy I think its pretty good!

I'm closing in on the half-way point of Violet Evergarden. It is really good so far.

And today I started watching Rozen Maiden. I've wanted to watch this series for a very long time, but it's just been sitting in my queue as other things took priority. So I'm glad I finally started it. The doll designs look amazing.

Oh my gosh! Rozen Maiden is one of my favourite anime series EVER! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. c:

I really liked Violet Evergarden as well. It was a very touching series.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Arawaka Under the Bridge (and x Bridge) just fell into my lap by sheer accident and I’ve no idea why I’d never heard of it because it’s now one of my favorites so thought I’d mention it in case anyone wants to give it a try... It’s on Crunchyroll.

I watched both seasons of Arakawa and thought it was hilarious. I'd also recommend it. c:

Today I finished watching Violet Evergarden including the special episode. I have to say I really liked this anime. It was beautifully animated, had a touching story, and characters that felt real even though we never delve too deeply into any of their lives except for Violet.

My favorite episode was by far Episode 10 where Violet visits the mother and little girl who mistakes her for a real live doll. That episode made me cry.

My only complaint was the ending, but even then I thought it was a good ending compared to most anime endings. It just felt like it had too many 'false' endings where it felt like it was going to stop and then they went into another scene. The final episode also toyed with you in a way that I thought was unnecessary just so they could leave things open-ended.

Overall, it's a great anime and I highly recommend it.

Last edited:
Okay... I think I haven't watched any anime in a month, haha. It's mostly due to me working hard on my backlog of games. And I've made some very good progress in terms of games lately! ^_^

Once I'll deal with my backlog, I'll go back to anime, haha.

Watched the most recent episode of Black Clover and finished Attack on Titan season three (so I’m all caught up).

Black Clover episode 95:

We got a glimpse at the backstory of Licht and the others, and how they would be revived with the grand ritual Licht has started. Raia got a huge surge of magic from turning back into an elf, and Yuno is revealed to be an elf as well. Definitely looking forward to the coming episodes.

Attack on Titan episodes 38-59:

The season started with the reveal of Kenny the Ripper, later revealed to be Levi’s uncle, who killed three people on Levi’s squad in an ambush, but Levi and the others got away. The scouts, Commander Erwin, Commander Pixyis, and others overthrew the government, the Reeves company was cleared of its name and Flegel was to take over, all while Eren and Historia had been captured by Rod Reiss and the interior police, and were taken hostage. Once everything quieted down in the capital, the scouts were hot on their tail, and it was revealed that Historia is part of the true royal bloodline. Refusing to inject herself with the titan serum, Historia batted it away and went against her father. Rod Reiss was determined, however, and licked some of it off the mineral floor to turn into a giant, crawling titan that was headed for Orvud District. Eren, Mikasa, Armin, and everyone else returned to the wall. They bombarded the oncoming Rod Reiss titan with cannon shells, but to no effect. Just then they put their strategy into action, having Eren throw a net full of explosive barrels into Rod Reiss’s titan mouth and watching him explode. The bits and pieces went flying into the city, but Historia cut the one in half that would regenerate Rod Reiss, thereby dealing the finishing blow. Side note, but it was also revealed by this point that titans are actually humans as well. The fake king was deposed, Historia was crowned as queen, and Premier Zachary helped with the overthrow of the old government as well. Kenny ended up dying as well, in front of Levi. With their momentum going in the right direction finally, Eren and the scouts, lead by Commander Erwin, set off for Zhiganshina, in order to reclaim Wall Maria and find what’s hidden in Eren’s house’s basement. They scoured the walls looking for Reiner, Bertholdt, and Zeke, the monkey titan, but they were nowhere to be found. Just then they found Reiner and Bertholdt inside the walls, and Reiner came out and transformed into the armored titan. Eren fought him, and the thunder spear technology developed by the interior police helped them out as well. Just then, Bertholdt confronted Armin, but was attacked by Mikasa. Bertholdt transformed into the colossal titan, setting off a blast radius that should have taken out Hange’s squad, but it was revealed later that Moblit had pushed Hange out of the way at the last minute and into a well to save her. Meanwhile, Zeke as the monkey titan and a bunch of other titans transformed outside the wall, and Zeke began throwing crushed rocks at the scouts, decimating their forces. Commander Erwin didn’t give up, however, and lead the scouts bravely into a suicide charge as Levi took out the other titans and got to Zeke, injuring him badly before a titan ally of Zeke’s rescued him. They rescued a badly injured Reiner as well. With the battle over and only nine of the 208 soldiers on the expedition remaining, they had to make the choice to either use the titan serum entrusted to Levi on Commander Erwin, or a badly burnt Armin who had acted as a decoy along with Eren’s hardened titan in order to capture Bertholdt, thereby defeating the colossal titan. Both were injured greatly, but at the last moment Commander Erwin slapped Levi’s hand away, and Levi used the serum on Armin instead. Armin was revived to full health in the form of a titan, and ate Bertholdt to gain his powers. After waking up, Armin was filled in on everything that had happened. It was known at this point that Eren had the coordinate power of the titans, but what they found out from his dream was that everyone inside the walls were subjects of Ymir and the nine titans, and Eren has the founding titan’s powers, the Attack Titan. One year later, after Wall Maria had been secured and the refugees were allowed to return home, Eren, Mikasa, Armin, Levi, Hange, and the others went past the wall and made it all the way to the sea. And on the other side of the sea lies enemies, said Eren, who learned that the people of Marley and the world thought of the people that lived within the walls as an evil race. So Eren, Mikasa, and Armin finally got to see the sea, but at a great price. Definitely looking forward to binging season four when it’s released in around a year.

Even though the series isn’t finished yet, I guess I’ll go ahead and give a rating on it.

While the pacing for the show starts off a little slow, it rapidly gets faster so that’s not too much of a problem. The series does suffer from some stereotypes in some of its characters and plot points, but overall it’s a great anime. The amount of emotional, gripping scenes, the action scenes, the out-of-the-box strategies to defeat the titans, the characters, the settings, and just the overall story of the show rank it high in the category of action/adventure/thriller/horror anime. Despite how some will say Attack on Titan just went through a popularity “phase,” it’s actually a pretty good show. Attack on Titan ranks in at a solid 7/10 on the scale. :cool:

Anyway, now that I’ve finished everything in my watchlist, I’m going to be taking a break from anime for awhile. When I resume watching anime, I’ll start Made In Abyss (recommended to me by Excalibur), and then watch Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure finally after that (recommended to me by NoUsernameHere). :)

Would anyone remember of the manga and anime versions of Deathnote had the same ending? I don't recall seeing Mello's friend Matt in the show, but it has been a while.

Today I finished watching Violet Evergarden including the special episode. I have to say I really liked this anime. It was beautifully animated, had a touching story, and characters that felt real even though we never delve too deeply into any of their lives except for Violet.

My favorite episode was by far Episode 10 where Violet visits the mother and little girl who mistakes her for a real live doll. That episode made me cry.

My only complaint was the ending, but even then I thought it was a good ending compared to most anime endings. It just felt like it had too many 'false' endings where it felt like it was going to stop and then they went into another scene. The final episode also toyed with you in a way that I thought was unnecessary just so they could leave things open-ended.

Overall, it's a great anime and I highly recommend it.

I've watched Violet Evergarden too and I think that the art style is soo gorgeous!
I really enjoyed watching it, even though I'm not that into sad anime.

My favourite genres are Shoujo, comedy and romance and there's a lot that I've watched.
My favourite animes are Koe no Katachi (another very sad one, but so great!), Kotoura-san, Snow White with the red hair and Yona of the Dawn.
Does anyone have some recommendations for me to watch? I've watched so many romance anime, I know most of them now, but I want to watch even more..

Would anyone remember of the manga and anime versions of Deathnote had the same ending? I don't recall seeing Mello's friend Matt in the show, but it has been a while.

he's in both the manga and anime, and the manga and anime's ending have minor differences!

Last edited:
While re-watching Pop Team Epic here and there, I also started to watch Little Witch Academia after I
heard so much about it and thought why not giving it a try. Sucy is already my favorite character.

While re-watching Pop Team Epic here and there, I also started to watch Little Witch Academia after I
heard so much about it and thought why not giving it a try. Sucy is already my favorite character.

lmao yeah sucys my favourite
id say the second season is better bc it has less filler episodes. in the first season akko is unnecessarily annoying

Back