• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

The Gaming Grove - Closed!

Can I ask what exactly is "an extended period of time" for watching and how long are the gaming sessions?

I would love to join for a few Splatoon rounds but I’m not sure if I’ll be available even for this one session that doesn’t take place during my sleep time. Streaming hours sadly aren’t very European friendly too 😔

TBT username: Jhine7
In-game name: Justin
Switch code: 5541-6270-4438

Session(s):
Super Smash Bros. UltimateWednesday, August 24th 2022 @ 5:00 PM FT
Mario Kart 8 DeluxeWednesday, August 31st 2022 @ 5:00 PM FT
Adding this one to my available sessions:

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe📹 Thursday, August 25th 2022 @ 9:00 PM FT

Last edited:
oh shoot, i didn't think to get a screenshot. i watched the splatoon 2 stream for a while (maybe 3-4 rounds?) and i believe i commented, my twitch username is Chikinfran. not sure if this will count but oh well, it was super fun to watch.

Can I ask what exactly is "an extended period of time" for watching and how long are the gaming sessions?

I would love to join for a few Splatoon rounds but I’m not sure if I’ll be available even for this one session that doesn’t take place during my sleep time. Streaming hours sadly aren’t very European friendly too 😔
We cannot give an exact length of time for this because it is not the only factor we are using to gauge engagement. How active and relevant your messages are during the time you are there is also a big factor.

A session typically lasts 1-2hrs.

Many of the sessions currently listed in the OP take place in the afternoon or evening for EU timezones.

oh shoot, i didn't think to get a screenshot. i watched the splatoon 2 stream for a while (maybe 3-4 rounds?) and i believe i commented, my twitch username is Chikinfran. not sure if this will count but oh well, it was super fun to watch.
You only need a screenshot if you are participating. See the OP for the differences between participation and spectating requirements.

We base spectator engagement on your interactions in our #gaming-grove Discord channels. We do not use the Twitch chat for this.

Small update: some of dizzy's Splatoon 2 sessions (and one of mar's SSBU sessions) will be streamed! 🎥
I may be a bit late to the 9AM one tomorrow, but I have alarms set.

Wow, Zarfbot went hard after I left.
What Happened??

I don't quite remember when you left, but at the end, they swept the Bonus Stars and went from 2 to 4 in an instant. 😅

Zarfbot was pretty dominant the whole game. Emolga59 put up a really good fight and got lots of Stars, and IonicKarma almost gave Mistreil the win with a strategic last-turn Chance Time, but, yeah... Those Bonus Stars said no.

Adding tomorrow's splat session

TBT username: Fye
In-game name: yumi
Switch code: SW-5287-4482-2610

Session(s):
Splatoon 2📹 Tuesday, August 23rd 2022 @ 9:00 AM FTdizzy bone

(digimon, you count as a participant in my heart, but a spectator for the sake of this.)

thanks again mistreil 💗 i ended up purchasing the correct game but may never emotionally recover from how i goofed up in such a major way 🤕

I've never used Discord before so I hope someone can help me out as to how to set up Discord. I've set up my account but do I have to add anyone so I can participate? Thanks in advance!

TBT username: Heyden
In-game name: Hayden
Switch code: 3845-1261-2812

Session(s): Splatoon
Tuesday, August 23rd 2022 @ 9:00 AM FT
Wednesday, August 24th 2022 @ 8:00 PM FT

I just saw that the Monday session is cancelled, so I'm hopping in Tuesday's session in Splatoon 2. (I felt like updating my session availability but I don't want to edit my original post even further. 😅)

Splatoon 2 session will be starting now and will run for an hour or so! Join us on #gaming-grove-1 on discord!
(Add Mistreil to join: SW-0515-2489-2309
I'm taking over until dizzy's alive 😂)

PB password: 0823

Splatoon 2 session will be starting now and will run for an hour or so! Join us on #gaming-grove-1 on discord!
(Add Mistreil to join: SW-0515-2489-2309
I'm taking over until dizzy's alive 😂)

PB password: 0823

The session has ended! Thank you for suffering through my 2v2 choices. And for playing hide and seek :')

1661264716614.png

Participants: @Yanrima~ @digimon @Heyden @Fye
Spectators: @Zerous @Muna @Rhea @Milleram @JemAC @Gene. @Sharksheep @themysterybidder @amemome @Coach @JellyBeans @Firesquids

TBT username: Justina
In-game name: Justina
Switch code: SW-0737-9433-8402
Session(s):
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Wednesday, August 24th 2022 @ 5:00 PM FT
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Thursday, August 25th 2022 @ 9:00 PM FT
Mario Party Superstars Saturday, August 27th 2022 @ 1:00 PM FT
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Sunday, August 28th 2022 @ 8:00 PM FT
My schedule is sadly really limited and these are the only sessions I'd really be able to play in.

TBT username: Rhea
In-game name: Rhea
Switch code: SW-4786-9349-9576

Session(s):
Mario Kart 8 DeluxeWednesday, August 31st 2022 @ 5:00 PM FTMairmalade (mar)
Mario Kart 8 DeluxeSaturday, September 3rd 2022 @ 1:00 PM FTMairmalade (mar)
I only have MK8D and with my timezone, these are the only sessions that I'll be able to take part in at the moment. I'm looking forward to it - hopefully I'll get a chance to play! 😁

Back