• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

The Library

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Yellow Candy
Yellow Candy
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
August Birthstone (Peridot)
July Birthstone (Ruby)
Father's Day Carnation
June Birthstone (Pearl)
April Birthstone (Diamond)
Spring Sakura
White Hyacinth
Does anybody here still visit physical libraries?

I don't go there enough. They are among some of the most relaxing places to me. I rarely ever check anything out, but I like looking through graphic novels. Last year I found a book which depicted every Marvel superhero. (like a dictionary)? I spent over an hour looking through it.

My campus also has a library, but I always prefer walking to the much larger town library instead. Unless there's a very specific purpose for using it.

I visit this library near me every now and then! When I need a space to chill out or study I ask my parents to drop me off there.

I like how there are so many books, DVDs, Blu-rays, and video games I can choose from. I also like how they also have a vending machine where I can buy drinks and snacks. There's also a KFC within walking distance that I can go to when I'm craving french fries.

There's a library that's a fifteen or twenty minute walk away from my house. I visit it here and there, and have only spent one afternoon reading stuff there. I don't like to take things out from the public library because of my OCD, but I do donate some books I no longer want/need to it, which is nice. It's in a good location and it has solid vibes.

I don’t have one near me. The only time I’d go to one is when I needed something printed.

I have one nearby that's about a ten minute walk?
I used to go there soooo often, nowadays I only go there to print stuff off for me and my friends mum, who has me write these letters and emails.

I am hoping to go there more often once my life is more tamed. And get put more books, I like getting them out to read before I decided to buy my own copy.

I wanna also say, how I miss when they used to stamp the book. They don't do that anymore :<

I used to volunteer at one! I worked with the Summer reading program. I’m lucky to live in a rural area with a nice library system for its size. There’s one location that’s just a ten minute walk away and I can easily pick up books there. Being able to easily access free books legally is great. I can demo books that I’m not as sure if I’d like and see if I want to buy them later instead.

Not by choice. We've a library at work that I'm occasionally summoned to.

Libraries make me uneasy. Too quiet. Plus my taste in books tends to be more indie stuff that I can get through Kindle Unlimited.

I do, sometiems to browse books, sometimes to sit at their quiet study area to study music theory or read or browse my laptop. Sometimes it's nice to go there because it's quiet and I get overstimulated easily. And it's a happy medium where I can be technically around other people but not have to interact. Which I find is nearly as beneficial as socializing. Just being out of my house and around people. The libraries here also have lots of free events. Also they have museum passes for various museums around here. And they also have Hoopla and Libby which you can use to check out ebooks and audiobooks in their system. There's several branches of the main location here. There's one a 10 minute walk away, one a 20 minute walk away, and several more branches short bus rides away.

I stop going to Libraries because of how accessible books are online, but recently I learn that many libraries offer tech services that aren't just books! The one next to my house offer 3D printing service at a really affordable price! It's worth checking out!

I haven't been to one in ages. I use to go to one all of the time as a kid because I could safely walk there. I think I've been the library once in the town I'm in now and they didn't have the book I was looking for. But it looked way better than the library in my hometown. They actually had books that weren't super old for teens and adults and didn't spend all their funding for just 3rd grade books and under.

I go every once in a while to just chill and sometimes look at graphic novels or even children’s books for the cute illustrations. They also have little creative events I’ve been going to this summer. Even though some of it has been changed since I was little and went frequently for storytime with my mom, it’s still kinda nostalgic and I’m often there in my dreams for some reason.

I work in a public library for a living so yes, I go there quite often hehehe 💗 it's not always quiet but it is pretty chill, patrons are lovely, and it's a great place for people to meet up and study/work/chat/etc. lots of good vibes. plus the library has some really cool events, we just had a Dog Man party yesterday (to celebrate the release of The Scarlet Shedder) and the kids were having so much fun! 💜

I work in a public library for a living so yes, I go there quite often
Weird coincidence--me too! It's super convenient; I'm often putting books and video games on hold, and then I can pick them up at work and drop them back off at work. I read a lot (around 50-100 books per year), so I really like being able to browse the stacks during my free time and take home anything that catches my eye.

It's overall a really nice place to work. My coworkers are super friendly and I'm a good explainer, so I like working on the desk and helping people out, as well as planning programs for kids. The main issue is city bureaucracy being weirdly controlling about our building and an unwillingness from city leadership to appropriately staff the building/support program staff. So like every other public-facing service profession staffed by mostly female employees, the pay doesn't match the expectations or the job description--go figure. But helping kids to find books is fun!

i haven't in a bit, but my boyfriend works at a library now, so i'm going to make more of an effort to go ^_^ they have fun events and all sorts of things to do. theyre a great resource, too.

i am a librarian, so yes! use your libraries people!! there are programs for all ages, classes, learning opportunities, book clubs, databases, books, ebooks, and so much more that people are missing out on because they don't know they exist.

I used to go to my local one a lot, but now I struggle with getting myself to watch or read anything before it's due back, so I haven't gone in a couple of years. Thinking about it is making me nostalgic, though...

I used to go to the library a lot when I was younger, now I don't go anymore as I don't read as much as I used to.

I love the library!!! Or at least the idea of them. I have been actively avoiding my library after I didn't follow through on a promise I made when I was 16....... I was too afraid to go back incase the librarians were upset with me. However I ran into one of them a while back and she had no idea who I was so I am in the clear.

Anyways! Libraries are super amazing. I volunteered at one when I was younger and it was wonderful. I was up in the children's department and I really got to see all the other things that the library does. I think the baby circle time and story remains my favourite but they also got to do craft after, we ran lots of extra clubs (lego club! Lego club!), helping organize the library book sale was really neat.

Plus now with the integration of online aspects you can check out books on your e-reader which is cool, and there's audio books!

I would love to be a children's librarian at some point still, it holds a special place in my heart. When my ankle is better I'll have to go get a library card and utilize it more.

I haven’t gone since last year but I love the library as a public service. Wouldn’t mind working there at all, but it seems to be one of those jobs that never has a free spot down here, lol.

I’m pretty sure the last time I went to one was around this time last July, and before that it was 4 years. We really don’t go that often anymore.

Back