• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Spirit Tree

Here are words I found (parentheses around words I'm not positive are relevant)
(DIE)
(JOB)
REJECTION
(AXE)
(CAT)
(WAND)
(BEE)
SNAKE
(BUS)
LIGHTNING
(MYTH)
(DOG)
(GAP)
(HATE)
(WORD)
FLYING
(TRAM)
SPIDER
(DOGS)
(BANG)
(LYING)
HEIGHTS
(TAX)
(LOSE)
(SAD)
THUNDER
(SLAP)
DENTIST
(PORE)
(COW)
(WOES)

At first I looked for "scary" since this is the scary search, but this was not found in the puzzle. I also looked for "redeem" and "code" but these words were also not found. I looked for the word "spooky" but this word was also not found in the puzzle.

maybe it's just the first letters or an anagram of the correct words?

also am slightly curious about the name of the file, C8_I1. I saw it's a chemical bond but I'm not sure how that would be relevant to the answer.

Could it be the first letter of every fear related word in order? Just have to find them all and identify the right ones and then go from top to bottom, left to right in order?

edit: Amemome beat me to this thought while I was writing. 😅

(DIE)
(JOB)
REJECTION
(AXE)
(CAT)
(WAND)
(BEE)
SNAKE
(BUS)
LIGHTNING
(MYTH)
(DOG)
(GAP)
(HATE)
(WORD)
FLYING
(TRAM)
SPIDER
(DOGS)
(BANG)
(LYING)
HEIGHTS
(TAX)
(LOSE)
(SAD)
THUNDER
(SLAP)
DENTIST
(PORE)
(COW)
(WOES)

At first I looked for "scary" since this is the scary search, but this was not found in the puzzle. I also looked for "redeem" and "code" but these words were also not found. I looked for the word "spooky" but this word was also not found in the puzzle.

also am slightly curious about the name of the file, C8_I1. I saw it's a chemical bond but I'm not sure how that would be relevant to the answer.
i also was curious about the file name but i had a quick look through some of the other file names of clues in this thread, and the one with the villagers a few days ago was named C3_I1 which had nothing to do with the actual answer.
i did try reading the wordsearch like a chess board and got the letters sp which i thought might be the first two letters of a phobia that would work as the code, but the two i found didn't yield anything so i think we can ignore that?

(DIE)
(JOB)
REJECTION
(AXE)
(CAT)
(WAND)
(BEE)
SNAKE
(BUS)
LIGHTNING
(MYTH)
(DOG)
(GAP)
(HATE)
(WORD)
FLYING
(TRAM)
SPIDER
(DOGS)
(BANG)
(LYING)
HEIGHTS
(TAX)
(LOSE)
(SAD)
THUNDER
(SLAP)
DENTIST
(PORE)
(COW)
(WOES)

The list is 31 words, if all are counted? I'm wondering if the number should be included in an answer.

Yep. I also tried the first and second letters in alphabetical order, as well as first and last letters, and just last letters. None of it has worked.

Edit: Also tried LOGOPHOBIA (fear of words) and ANABLEPHOBIA (fear of searching) Nothing.

Last edited:
i also noticed that
some of the words are "pair" words like thunder and lightning, flying and heights.

i tried DYPHOBIA, DIPHOBIA, and DUOPHOBIA which is the fear of pairs, but none worked.

i also noticed that
some of the words are "pair" words like thunder and lightning, flying and heights.

i tried DYPHOBIA, DIPHOBIA, and DUOPHOBIA which is the fear of pairs, but none worked.
im kinda leaning on it being a coincidence but i also noticed that, there's also dentist/teeth dog/cat snake/coil, is there a word with no pairing?

The code also isn't HIPPOPOTOMONSTROSESQUIPPEDALIOPHOBIA, or SESQUIPEDALOPHOBIA, two terms for the fear of long words. Thought it was worth a shot. 😂

Tried looking up a phobia of the number 31. Doesn't seem there is one that specific. Apparently there is one for 30 though: trigintiphobia. Tried it but it didn't work.

I got excited thinking that one of you had cracked it, but it was just @Mistreil. 😔

C7.png

Back