• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Spirit Tree

Damn. The first thing that has truly come to mind is from Harry Potter. I tried BOGGART since they take the shape of something you fear

Going on a couple weird tangents:
Tried SCARE, SCAREREACTION, SCAREREACT, FEARFUL, FEARFULREACTION, FEARFULREACT, HAUNTED, HAUNTEDREACTION, and HAUNTEDREACT, based off the ACNH reacts that could relate to fears/being afraid.

Also remembered that there was a word search at the end of Camp TBT and tried cross-referencing it and this one, but didn't find any commonalities that stood out. If anyone else wants to pursue this route, I'll link to the puzzle and the answer key.

Ok. Trying to think outside the box here. Since the title is Scary Search, What shows/movies might have something to do with the words involved?

I tried American horror story cuz even though I’ve never watched it, but it’s not that.

This is what I have so far. I'm not sure if any of the three-letter words are relevant though. But my thought is that maybe the words hint to a certain show, movie, or video game

bChKHyh.png

Words with four or more letters:
chew
cusp
wand
snake
meek
rejection
lightning
flying
heights
hate
word
spider
oily
thunder
dentist
sate
slap
bang
gets

Three-letter words:
way
sax
hex
nut
dot x2
toy
got
day
bed
gap
dog/god x3
dug x2
pea
ale
lag
vow
toe
hay
hag
fog
soy
poo
tie
cub
die
sub
pad
rob
wed
bub

Went off on a (way too out there) thought and came up with nothing.

Saw the word myth was listed, so typed in various myths/legends that fit some of the other words (like snake, lightning, thunder myths, etc)...was a complete bomb and now I'm out of ideas.

You got any hints for us, Mistreil? 👀
I guess in the spirit of Halloween I could give you a treat!

The hint is--̸̨̗͈̅͒̋̎̎̈̃́͆́̎̈̍͝-̵̡̲̣̤̜͈̰̣̯̜̜̼̺̻͍̳͚̗̪̈̓̂͆̊͒͆̈̈́̎̈́̽̄̍̋̋̐̍̑̚̕͘͜͝-̶̧̱̯͙̜̖̭̯̱̤̜̼̥̐̀̽̔͑̉́̽̃͌͊͝͝͝͝

I also wonder if maybe there are instructions in the words we find. Like two of the words are "gets" and "word", so maybe it says how to get the word we need to input? Something like "rejection gets word" or "flying snake gets word". The fact that "word" is one of the words makes me curious

The hint is--̸̨̗͈̅͒̋̎̎̈̃́͆́̎̈̍͝-̵̡̲̣̤̜͈̰̣̯̜̜̼̺̻͍̳͚̗̪̈̓̂͆̊͒͆̈̈́̎̈́̽̄̍̋̋̐̍̑̚̕͘͜͝-̶̧̱̯͙̜̖̭̯̱̤̜̼̥̐̀̽̔͑̉́̽̃͌͊͝͝͝͝

It says this code isn't valid 😔

Great hint! I definitely won't deliver a trick onto you now!

@DaCoSim ’s comment and some of the 4+-letter-words listed connect to the Harry Potter series in some way. (I won’t list them all because this post would be too long) This is probably an incredible coincidence, but I wonder if there’s any hints in any Harry Potter related posts/threads? Or something to do with pop-culture?

Harry Potter would make a lot of sense! It made me think to try CHAMBEROFSECRETS, but it didn't work. However, it would fit a lot of the clues:
snake- the basilisk
spider- in the Forbidden Forest
flying and heights- the car
wand- Ron's wand breaks
slap- the whomping willow
dentist- Harry used the basilisk's fang to stab the book

i would hate for it to be HP related, all things considered. now that i have some free time, i'm going to solve the wordsearch myself, but i'm sure the actual answer will be here by the time i come back asdfghjkl.

Back