• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Spirit Tree

You don't need hints. The meaning has already been correctly analysed. Figure out which of you were right, put the correct components together, then follow the instructions in the order they were presented in the clue. It's really that simple!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻

EDIT: Better yet.

┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)

( º _ º) <--- Chris

(╯°Д°)╯︵/(.□ . \)

If the clue is instructions, rather than referring just to a location, then it's some kind of sequence of steps or events.

The "Hi, Mom" is on a separate line from the first three parts of the clue, so perhaps that's indicative of the result of the first three steps taken.

If the answer is something that someone has already said, things that were mentioned include the Gaming Grove, the jar contest and the elixirs from previous TBT events, the Blog Tree Archives, Chervre's amiibo card, the TBT Twitch channel and Youtube channel, post 242 somewhere, the Galaxy Egg and Mom's Plush collectibles, the band Placebo, Mama Cass... Probably others, but that's all that I have the energy to remember now. I should go to bed. ^o^;>

woke up in a panic that i hadn’t redeemed yesterdays code but looks like i didn’t need to worry 😭 can’t believe todays was solved that quickly, maybe if I wake up a bit I can put my two cents in..

I was trying to find posts that focused on medicine or something, or even the tvt collectible threads.
I'm more focused on the fact that ineffective medicine means something isn't working like it should be. But I dunno where the 'hi mom' would fit.
With the mom bit i even looked at areas where people called their teachers mom. I think WAY too outside the box sometimes.

I am going by Mr.Fox's thinking here, which is music.

"We have it on record." - I can only think of cassette tape, vinyl records, CD, and the like. Any medium used for recorded music.

"2|2+2|2" - 242... 2:42 song length? Why use "|" to separate the numbers? Is it significant? Mathematically, it should be 16. But this isn't math they say.

"Ineffective medicine" - Placebo, Chris' favorite band. He mentioned this several times on the forum. Mostly as replies to music threads on The Basement and Brewster's Cafe.

"Hi mom" - part of the lyrics to Placebo's "Blue American" song.

I searched Blue American on YouTube and there's nothing special on 2:42 mark on the official audio and concert. I know the code needs to be clicked to be redeemed, but I still went and tried to redeem a code manually. So I typed in the lyrics at that part, which is "I don't care for myself", and it didn't work. As expected.

I also searched the forum using "placebo" as the keyword and filtered it to just Chris' posts. I got nothing.

This gives me flashbacks to Camp TBT.

Last edited:
Okay, so if there's some kind of order, would it be the order of the instructions?

Like "We have it on record." Indicates a location? Then 242, possible post number or something I'm not thinking of. Maybe either the topic or the clickable spot has something to do with ineffective medicine?

Part of me wants to believe that the post we find will end up being something to do with Placebo and that the clickable spot might be the lyric of Blue American that's "HI mom."

I don't know. I still haven't slept and I don't know how well my brain is functioning. Just a train of thought.

...and several more flipped tables.

┻━┻︵ \(◉Д◉)/ ︵ ┻━┻

Oh!! Almost forgot

The way i feel i dont think would be aloud as a gif on the forum :unsure::ROFLMAO:

I definitely feel you and agree completely that mine feeling in a gif would probably get me banned XD
Post automatically merged:

I am going by Mr.Fox's thinking here, which is music.

"We have it on record." - I can only think of cassette tape, vinyl records, CD, and the like. Any medium used for recorded music.

"2|2+2|2" - 242... 2:42 song length? Why use "|" and divide the numbers? It's 16, mathematically. But this isn't math they say.

"Ineffective medicine" - Placebo, Chris' favorite band. He mentioned this several times on the forum. Mostly as replies to music threads on The Basement and Brewster's Cafe.

"Hi mom" - part of the lyrics to Placebo's "Blue American" song.

I searched Blue American on YouTube and there's nothing special on 2:42 mark on the official audio and concert. I know the code needs to be clicked to be redeemed, but I still went and tried to redeem a code manually. So I typed in the lyrics at that part, which is "I don't care for myself", and it didn't work. As expected.

I also searched the forum using "placebo" as the keyword and filtered it to just Chris' posts. I got nothing.

This gives me flashbacks to Camp TBT.

Ahh, you beat me to that. You must have posted while I was fussing with my phone to type mine up XD
Post automatically merged:

Or, or maybe the "Hi mom" is a hint as to what song to look at..?

Listening to Blue American, the lyrics at 2:42 are "but I don't care for myself"

That kinda breaks the order though...

Ggaaahhhh..!!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻

Last edited:
Ohmigod. I thought I was onto something. Perhaps someone else got a different way of thinking...

So, I searched "blue american" [Hi mom?] and it's only mentioned on the "Official Cereal Thread".
I went to post #242, and it's a post by Thunder. The post says "Fixing the page glitch" [Ineffective medicine?]. And I got nowhere.

Post in question:

EDIT: Chris said the riddle is the sequence. But this breaks the sequence. :(

Ah well. I tried. kek. I'm heading to bed now to repair my broken sanity. Good luck everyone.

Last edited:
what is the placebo effect? I found posts relating to that but not sure what it means. 0-0

I think WAY too outside the box sometimes.
I’m the opposite. I’m literal-minded and can never figure out metaphorical puzzles. Ever.

Here I am thinking the Mom is the Animal Crossing Mom you never see and get constant letters from, and the medicine is the medicine you use on your bee stings and give to sick villagers. 😵‍💫

As mentioned earlier, maybe 242 has something to do with Chevre?

Back