• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Spirit Tree

This has probably been covered, but I don't have time to sift through pages of posts and I'm heading off for the night...

I get a feeling the music route is the right way to go. Placebo has a song called Blue American that has the lyrics 'Hi mom'. The song also begins with 'I wrote this novel just for you', and I know Chris likes to write.

I took a shot in the dark and was hoping to see something at 2:42 during their live performances, but no luck.

Ah, we still haven't found it?

I had a thought. People sometimes say "Hi, Mom," when they're unexpectedly on TV, like on the news or something. Maybe something to do with news? Or maybe even streaming? I didn't see an egg on my news feed page, but maybe I missed it, or maybe it wasn't there at all. ^o^;>

Just throwing that out there.
Yeah. That one podcast of Jeremy’s I found I had started listening to but that was when I still thought the numerical was 16 not 242.

The part I feel like we might be understanding the least that might be the key to what we're missing is the "we have it on record" part.

Where are records kept on TBT? What kind of thread would be somewhere that something would be recorded? Or maybe it's not a thread at all, some kind of setting. Eggs have been hidden in settings and dropdown menus before. Some kind of history? Heck, maybe the 242nd post ever made on the site itself? I don't know how to search for that, or I would go check it.

Just some stream of consciousness thoughts. Maybe it will make the light bulb go on in someone else's head.

Does TBT have an archive..?

EDIT: Yeah, I'm still kinda dumb and don't know much about the site. Just found the archive for Bell Tree Connects.... I wanna say that would be a good for of something being on the record, but I don't know what we'd be able to click on since it's not a code...:unsure:

Post automatically merged:

So...

I ended up seeing how many posts that Chris popped up in when the word placebo was mentioned, referring to the band. I thought maybe he might have posted something on his profile.

While looking, I stumbled upon this. I thought it was kind of weird that a musician was mentioned, even if not Placebo, and that it was on 2/24. I poked around it a bit and couldn't seem to find anything though. Have at it if you want:

Last edited:
Going with the Placebo theory that Mr. Fox was talking about, I went through every single thread Chris mentioned them in, and... found nothing. In hindsight that was probably a waste of time, but at least we can cross it off the list now, lmao.

I’ve got to give up for the night. I went and watched the video from his post talking about Darren Hayes and also watched American Blue by placebo. I think we’re reading WAY to far into this guys. I’m gonna sleep on it and try again in the morning. At least tomorrow is my day off but I still need to work on crossword2 and finish decorating a kitchen. Good luck and may the odds be ever in our favor.

The window to redeem the code for Challenge #9 has closed.
The code was: MURRAY.

Challenge #9
Revealed: 11/01 5:00AM EDT​
Redeem By: 11/02 11:59PM EDT​
Prize: 12 DEF Points​
Follower of God.
Find the missing apostle.​

Solution:

Follower of God = @Chris. Names starting with "Chris" mean follower in Christ.
(Chris' name is also specifically Christian, but that wasn't essential knowledge. It might have made it easier for people who knew.)

Find the missing apostle = Chris only follows other staff members accounts. @Murray's name was missing from this list.

The code was MURRAY.

I am curious why this riddle was posted like this "2|2+2|2" rather than just 242. There's probably a reason behind it.

Actually I give up plz give hint :——(
You don't need hints. The meaning has already been correctly analysed. Figure out which of you were right, put the correct components together, then follow the instructions in the order they were presented in the clue. It's really that simple!

You don't need hints. The meaning has already been correctly analysed. Figure out which of you were right, put the correct components together, then follow the instructions in the order they were presented in the clue. It's really that simple!
OK OK I WILL DO SO
Well i did have a brain moment with the placebo thing, what if "we have it on record" refers to music records? something to do with 242 and placebos records? do they even sell records???

maybe that meaning is wrong IDK

well i did find this and the fact that record = vinyl
im gonna search through vinyl now and see if i find anything
aniko.png
Post automatically merged:

Analysing things, Chris doesn’t say “which one” but “which of you” which could mean multiple, in the clue it says “hi Mom” which I think stands out because Chris is not American and I don’t know if they would change to Mom unless it was very important
But yeah I don’t know

Will be funny tho if we did all this digging into placebo and it’s not right just to see how much Chris posted about them lol

Last edited:
The meaning has already been correctly analysed. Figure out which of you were right, put the correct components together, then follow the instructions in the order they were presented in the clue.
All right, so, this suggests two things to me. One is that we don't need to look anywhere except for this thread until we actually understand the clue. All the information we need is here, in this very thread. Apparently.

Second, the order of the things in the clue is somehow important. I don't know how that could be, but that's what this seems to be suggesting. Somehow, they aren't just a clue, like the name of a location, they are instructions. Something that we have to actually do, rather than find, per se.

Challenge #11
Revealed: 11/03 5:00AM EDT​
Redeem By: 11/04 11:59PM EDT​
Prize: 25 ATK Points​
You all failed to heed this warning.​

Bear with me if things don't show up as they should. I'm on the move again this morning. I've a job interview (the fourth in three days...) and two of my close friends are tying the knot today so activity will be spotty.

Challenge #11

Bear with me if things don't show up as they should. I'm on the move again this morning. I've a job interview (the fourth in three days...) and two of my close friends are tying the knot today so activity will be spotty.
Got this one in under a minute lol
DANGERDONOTENTER (the woods)

Challenge #11

And why wasn’t the other one like this Chris

CHRIS!!!

i swear ive been through every placebo post in existence 🥲 blue american is on the record 'black market music' but that doesn't seem to go anywhere..

ps well done firesquids !

Back