• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Things that they should have in AC3DS

I'd like pitfalls to be less common as well. Have them not show up every single day at the lost and found.

I actually dont mind.
I use pitfalls quiet a lot when i'm making games and stuff, but if i'm not i usually just leave them lying around town in an area i never go to.

I actually dont mind.
I use pitfalls quiet a lot when i'm making games and stuff, but if i'm not i usually just leave them lying around town in an area i never go to.
Same but they just clog up the lost and found, oh and it's quite nOt quiet

yeah, they dont need to less common/rare theyre fine as is IMO

no, no whale. its stupid, how do you catch a whale with a fishing rod?

theyre not going to implement a new fishing tool just so you can get a whale

I think whale watching should be an event that takes place quite frequently where Kapp'n can take you out on his boat.

idk if this is what you mean by this;
but i'd like it if maybe just every once in a while a whale would swim by.

I don't want to change the amount of pitfalls we get, I just want more ways to use them or be able to trade them in for random prizes.

As for whale,
Golden harpoon to catch them

Last edited:
I don't want to change the amount of pitfalls we get, I just want more ways to use them or be able to trade them in for random prizes.

As for whale,

Yeah but we'd get tons of prizes cause of how common they are, and no, whale catching is just stupid. Blathers would have to purchase a giant tank to house the whale, and by far a whale in your pockets will be the craziest thing, just no, and a harpoon would most likely kill the whale which is not animal crossing, they should just make a whale resident, release a picture on it, so we stop discussing whales lol.

As for whale,

The Japanese already have a bad reputation for whaling.

Whaling is horrible, they dont need to put it in the game.
They dont need to further more damage their reputation by putting it in the game.
No catching whales guys, whaling is disgusting.

They dont need to further more damage their reputation by putting it in the game.

Yeah and don't you think PETA,(Or whatever that animal rights organization is called) would totally freak?

Yeah and don't you think PETA,(Or whatever that animal rights organization is called) would totally freak?

You would probably have the Sea Shepherds (from Animal Planet's Whale Wars) up an at arms if they were there. I agree though, whaling just should not be part of the game.

I think whale watching should be an event that takes place quite frequently where Kapp'n can take you out on his boat.

Yes I like that, and it would make good use out of seasonal changes as whales usually migrate during (spring? summer?). I wouldn't want a boat though, maybe a ferry would be a bit more realistic. A boat seems more possible for travelling to closer places like the cave or the island but whale watching tends to be very far away. Apart from whale watching maybe we could have dolphins as well?

whaling doesn't really have a bad reputation inside the country though so it would be pretty sad if it was actually put in the japanese version.

Yes I like that, and it would make good use out of seasonal changes as whales usually migrate during (spring? summer?). I wouldn't want a boat though, maybe a ferry would be a bit more realistic. A boat seems more possible for travelling to closer places like the cave or the island but whale watching tends to be very far away. Apart from whale watching maybe we could have dolphins as well?
I just dont get the whole big deal about whale watching, like i said - i wouldn't mind if sometimes when you went to the island a whale/dolphin swam past, but not actually go whale watching. It seems pointless IMO, much like the idea bought up before with being able to watch videos. Why would i want to spend my time watching whales when i could be out looking for new fish and bugs to catch.
I just dont see the point.

I just dont get the whole big deal about whale watching, like i said - i wouldn't mind if sometimes when you went to the island a whale/dolphin swam past, but not actually go whale watching. It seems pointless IMO, much like the idea bought up before with being able to watch videos. Why would i want to spend my time watching whales when i could be out looking for new fish and bugs to catch.
I just dont see the point.

stop exaggerating. I don't see where the "big deal" is when the subject of whale watching was just brought up when somebody conveniently suggested (an awful idea) of catching whales. Is there an ongoing thread about whale watching? Is there ongoing drama about this topic? No. And besides whale watching may seem pointless but if the idea was elaborated on I don't see the hurt in adding such an activity. Yes, it is pointless to go "watching whales" when you could be looking for bugs and fish to catch. But what if the game had 50 species of whales and 50 species of dolphins to actually record? On top of that there could be a trophy/furniture/prizes for the player who has spotted all the whales/dolphins (and mind you they all come during different months and times). There is some point to the idea now.

They should allow you to harass whales by shouting at them to unnerve their confidence. Or maybe have pet whales, with the option to harpoon them to make your very own blubber nuggets. Then those blubber nuggets can give you different power-ups, depending on the whale.

Back