Tomodachi Life General Discussion

Envying you, Farobi T___T

I want the special bonus item .__.

*offers pokeball + yellow candy to whoever doesn't want their demo*

Last edited:
I have been given a Tomodachi Life Demo Game code from Andelsky! (Thank you again my friend!) I will upload a few spoiler pictures so that we all can enjoy the demo together! I can say that I'm having a lot of fun with it already!

A fun little note for when you get the game: Tomodachi Life lets you take screenshots of the top or bottom screen! Whichever you want to share! To Take a picture of the top all you have to do is click X, to take one of the bottom, click Y. I'm just letting you know this so you don't miss out on taking pictures of your mii creations (like I missed!)

During start up you get to name you Island. At Gallows suggestion, I named my island Kaisland Island. (Island will always be at the end of your island name fyi so think of a good name in advance!) After that you get to make your first mii. It functions much like the 3DS mii maker but you can also import a mii from you plaza to use! Easy stuff! You can customize your name and get this: Customize the pronunciation! Kaiaa for example, is pronounced "K-eye-uh" but if I leave it as Kaiaa, the game pronounces it as "Kay-uh". On the pronunciation page I put in the letters that make Kaiaa sound like Kaiaa instead of "Kayuh" =D (Hint for those of you with awkwardly pronounced names like me, put a space between syllables and the game should read it correctly. My pronunciation spelling of my name is "Kai uh" because "Kaiuh" is still read as Kayuh)

14238198412_3b6e28fbbc_o.jpg

Tomodachi Life utilizes a Level Up system! To level up your islanders you do favors. Favors can be anything from helping a mii make a new friend, giving them food, changing their outfits, and a lot more others that are restricted in the Move-In version. Here I leveled myself from eating a Salad. Yum!

14238199012_a3e400afe9_o.jpg

14217295346_607192e3e1_o.jpg

If you choose to give a phrase, you make up what you want the mii to say and when they say it! You can choose happy actions, angry actions, sad actions, worried actions, and random actions for the phrase.

14260632963_9db8a37aa3_o.jpg

If you chose to give an item, you can choose from this list of items to give when they level up!

14053811439_5e55534612_o.jpg

I chose to give Kaiaa the Hula-dancing manual and later caught her dancing in her room! It was actually pretty funny!

14260632203_72f19ab234_o.jpg

Later on I created a second Mii! I don't have many screenshots of his adventures on my island but if you notice the background, you can change your mii's Room to different settings. Kaiaa is hanging out with Larry in his "Secret Base" treehouse themed room!

14053848020_a59113f41c_o.jpg

14054795490_0513bae251_o.jpg

While hanging out with Larry, we dyed his hair. There are a LOT of hues to choose from. I wasn't brave enough to try any funky colors so we kept it the same. For those brave enough you will have a lot of fun!

14240451135_d7f9c90802_o.jpg

That was just a short little sneak peak but I hope you enjoyed it anyway. Most of this stuff has been shown on youtube so check there for more information as well!

If you have any questions about the demo I would be glad to answer them!​

Last edited:
If you buy Tomodachi Life, you get 2 demo codes to give away.
Thought that was just for the EU though? But if they do it for NA that's pretty cool too, it seems like a great way to advertise. I'm still on the fence on this game, personally.

Source for EU: http://www.vooks.net/tomodachi-life-comes-with-demo-version-to-share-in-europe/

I have been given a Tomodachi Life Demo Game code from Andelsky! (Thank you again my friend!) I will upload a few spoiler pictures so that we all can enjoy the demo together! I can say that I'm having a lot of fun with it already!

A fun little note for when you get the game: Tomodachi Life lets you take screenshots of the top or bottom screen! Whichever you want to share! To Take a picture of the top all you have to do is click X, to take one of the bottom, click Y. I'm just letting you know this so you don't miss out on taking pictures of your mii creations (like I missed!)

During start up you get to name you Island. At Gallows suggestion, I named my island Kaisland Island. (Island will always be at the end of your island name fyi so think of a good name in advance!) After that you get to make your first mii. It functions much like the 3DS mii maker but you can also import a mii from you plaza to use! Easy stuff! You can customize your name and get this: Customize the pronunciation! Kaiaa for example, is pronounced "K-eye-uh" but if I leave it as Kaiaa, the game pronounces it as "Kay-uh". On the pronunciation page I put in the letters that make Kaiaa sound like Kaiaa instead of "Kayuh" =D (Hint for those of you with awkwardly pronounced names like me, put a space between syllables and the game should read it correctly. My pronunciation spelling of my name is "Kai uh" because "Kaiuh" is still read as Kayuh)

14238198412_3b6e28fbbc_o.jpg

Tomodachi Life utilizes a Level Up system! To level up your islanders you do favors. Favors can be anything from helping a mii make a new friend, giving them food, changing their outfits, and a lot more others that are restricted in the Move-In version. Here I leveled myself from eating a Salad. Yum!

14238199012_a3e400afe9_o.jpg

14217295346_607192e3e1_o.jpg

If you choose to give a phrase, you make up what you want the mii to say and when they say it! You can choose happy actions, angry actions, sad actions, worried actions, and random actions for the phrase.

14260632963_9db8a37aa3_o.jpg

If you chose to give an item, you can choose from this list of items to give when they level up!

14053811439_5e55534612_o.jpg

I chose to give Kaiaa the Hula-dancing manual and later caught her dancing in her room! It was actually pretty funny!

14260632203_72f19ab234_o.jpg

Later on I created a second Mii! I don't have many screenshots of his adventures on my island but if you notice the background, you can change your mii's Room to different settings. Kaiaa is hanging out with Larry in his "Secret Base" treehouse themed room!

14053848020_a59113f41c_o.jpg

While hanging out with Larry, we dyed his hair. There are a LOT of hues to choose from. I wasn't brave enough to try any funky colors so we kept it the same. For those brave enough you will have a lot of fun!

14240451135_d7f9c90802_o.jpg

That was just a short little sneak peak but I hope you enjoyed it anyway. Most of this stuff has been shown on youtube so check there for more information as well!

If you have any questions about the demo I would be glad to answer them!​

Looks great Kaiaa! Didn't know about the customizing the pronunciation thing. But my name is super common so I won't be having issues anyway haha.

i got an email and i didn't really care that much of tomodachi life anymore so i cleared my inbox with it but now that everyone wants it i'm kinda regretting it.

I THINK I DELETED MINE TOO I SAW AN EMAIL FROM NINTENDO BUT I JUST DELETED IT BECAUSE I THOUGHT IT WAS A PROMOTION FOR WII U OR SOMETHING OMG

Looking forward to this game coming out, it's the first time in awhile I've wanted a game at it's release :)

Meanwhile on Kaisland Island....
14218273746_aee3feb0ce_o.gif

I imported a new Mii! Meet Princess Zelda:
14261580393_bd1ee8a330_o.jpg

14241402795_df72c2cd7b_o.jpg

For some strange reason, I know what it's like...

14241107624_6a2df0478a_o.jpg

14241107544_2262c48e93_o.jpg

After sharing a little about herself, Zelda challenged me to a game of football! The game only lasts about 10-15 seconds depending on how fast you tap the lower screen. It reminds me of the Wario Ware mini games.

14239156762_a551597bbd_o.jpg

I won! I won lipstick :( I knew I should have picked the big box!

14054796200_7a3e7bb74f_o.jpg

Larry wasn't feeling too well when I went to visit him. I gave him some cold medicine which I received from Kaiaa earlier and that helped him right away! Any Mii with a cloud over their head is sick so be sure to take care of them!

14241113714_abf14027a0_o.jpg

14054803050_0f6de44d54_o.jpg

14054823167_a8a8d3b776_o.jpg

Here are three of the 16, yes, 16 different personalities you Mii can have! The basic rule for personalities is that they fall into 1 of 4 categories, each of those categories has 4 sub categories for a total of 16. I don't know all of them but three of the categories are listed above. I'm guessing the last one is Lazy but I could be wrong. The sub categories my miis belong to are listed below the main category on the above pictures.

14054823347_dd876855ef_o.jpg

Last but not least, for you collectors out there here is a list of how many collectibles you can get. Hint: There are a LOT.
Collections:
Food: 231 Types of food
Clothes:409 Types, 3,198 colors
Hats:152 Types, 1,076 colors
Interiors:102 Types
Goods:18 Types
Treasure:152 Types
Special Foods:48 Types

The game is so much fun <3 I'm really enjoying it.

For those with the demo, think of me for your extra Panda costume :p

I like these posts, thanks for doing them and keeping us in the loop! :D

I got the impression though that once you create the mii's you just become a spectator and watch their lives. Is that not how it is? I mean do you affect their lives or play games with them??

You play games with them, give them gifts (it's kind of like taking care of a pet in a way), give them food, etc. You also give them advice.

You play games with them, give them gifts (it's kind of like taking care of a pet in a way), give them food, etc. You also give them advice.

Aw, I can't wait! Sounds like fun!

Based on the LP's I've seen, I'm just a little worried that I'll be SUPER into it for a short while and then get over it or run out of things to do... :/

Thanks for the pictures, Kaiaa! Much appreciated! <3

I'm still on the fence on this game, personally.

Yeah, me too. I don't know; on the one hand, I think I'd like this. But on the other, I also think I'd get bored of this rather quickly. x_x

Dear diary, today I have given up on ever receiving a code from based Nintendo. Especially after based Sony sent me another Beta invite, I have lost more faith in blessed Miyamoto san.

You know we ought to start collecting Miis, I'm sure there's a number of us here who wouldn't mind playing god with other users.

Back