• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Tortimer Lives!!

I disagree. The portrait could just as well be their to commemorate his long time service as mayor to the town. There are so many other possibilities regarding why Tortimer is no longer mayor. To me it just seems so un-nintendo like to kill of an old turtle that has been their since the very beginning of animal crossing, and not to mention extremely uncreative.
For instance, perhaps now he is travelling the world on the train, stopping here and there to drop of special event items, or maybe living on the island, in the town, or even as a new neighbour :p.
All these ideas just seem a little more colourful than killing him off, or having him excluded from the game altogether (minus the picture).

Still going to be an awesome game though : D

YEAH I AGREE WITH THE FACT NINTENDO WOULDN'T KILL HIM OFF (whoops didn't know caps was on and i cbf typing it again so i'll leave it, sorry)

Berry said the portrait could be a type of 'Easter Egg' I kinda agree but they're suppose to be more or less hidden.
I think he'll get a mention near the start of the game, and we'll find out then why the portrait's there.

Nintendo decided to mixed AC3DS and Luigi's Mansion 2 into one game. Tortimer is stuck inside of the painting and the only way to get him out is to take over as mayor and get a perfect town. When you get a perfect town E.Gadd visits and gives you the poltergust which you then have to go to a hidden town below the island. There you have to defeat a possessed Tom Nook and suck out an evil version of Wisp. At the end of the game you release Tortimer and your house gets upgraded into a mansion.

/thread

Nintendo decided to mixed AC3DS and Luigi's Mansion 2 into one game. Tortimer is stuck inside of the painting and the only way to get him out is to take over as mayor and get a perfect town. When you get a perfect town E.Gadd visits and gives you the poltergust which you then have to go to a hidden town below the island. There you have to defeat a possessed Tom Nook and suck out an evil version of Wisp. At the end of the game you release Tortimer and your house gets upgraded into a mansion.

/thread

/speechless

not even kidding, best think i've read all year.

/thread

Ahaha i'd like that :>

That's an interesting Idea you got there Gallows but I don't think that's true.
Plus mixing those two games would so go beyond out of context for Animal Crossing.
No offense I'd like to keep animal crossing as a relaxed/cute game, and not having a major storyline like some other games.
Anyway, it'll probly be told like Bidoof said " He might get a mention at the beginning of the game. " and to me that is the more likely idea.

Oh gawd everyone, Gallow's post was a joke.

You're funny :3

/thread
oh you mean like this ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qol-EbeQ5FU&feature=youtu.be

Gallows, you make me laugh.
DavidOfTak, that video is odd and makes me laugh.

Anyone another idea is this.

" Tortimer took all the left over bells from previous games and runoff with it. The picture in the Town Hall office hides a secert note from him saying how he tricked everyone out of bells with a fake town fund that he used only 10,000 bells of toward town upgrades. " - PaulR of The ReddRoof Guild on Natsume.com

Oh gawd everyone, Gallow's post was a joke.

You're funny :3

If ya mean me then, yuz i know :>

More!

" Tortimer took all the left over bells from previous games and runoff with it. The picture in the Town Hall office hides a secert note from him saying how he tricked everyone out of bells with a fake town fund that he used only 10,000 bells of toward town upgrades. " - PaulR of The ReddRoof Guild on Natsume.com

Ahaha that would explain why the town's always lookin so cheap!

Oh gawd the best;

Gallows, you make me laugh.
DavidOfTak, that video is odd and makes me laugh.

No i don't think that's it. It sounds kinda stupid.

Probably the explanation Nintendo is going to use is that he retires and the photo in the background is just there because he used to be the mayor. However, hopefully he will be in the game. I am guessing that he arrives every holidays to continue doing his job in that way, which lets the players on the game continue participating in the events. What do you think? :)

Lots of love,
Cherrypie

What, tortimer coming back to do the the events? You're the mayor, not him.

@Kip and Bidoof: I got you both! LOL!
Finally I'm not the one falling for a fake thing! LOL!
^_^ Yes, I faked that Quote! LOL!

I don't want Tortimer to return for events. I like the idea of being able to host and still take part in events.
If he were to come back and "do his job" then we wouldn't even really be mayor if he's still hanging around.

:( I am sorry my simple idea made such a fuss... I just thought it would be weird if we are the ones to give ourselves prizes for participating. Unless Nintendo does a huge change in the holidays, I just thought that idea could be what fixes it. Again I am sorry... :(

I don't want Tortimer to return for events. I like the idea of being able to host and still take part in events.
If he were to come back and "do his job" then we wouldn't even really be mayor if he's still hanging around.

this.

anyway, as i've said many times, i'm sure early in the game we'll have an explanation on where he's gone

It's probably that you go to this town without a mayor (because Tortimer is retired and playing golf) and they ask you to be the mayor. You accept it and the end.

Back