• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Turkey Day and Toy Day Update coming November 19th.

WE CAN SIT WITH THE VILLAGERS 💕🥺

just that alone already makes this update great for me 😆 but so excited for more storage, reactions, and hair styles!

I thought there were going to be more house exteriors when they went to Nook but hopefully those will come later 😔 also hyped for my boy Pave to come back next update 😌

hrrnng my thoughts r every where with this update (in a positive way) but overall im so excited for it!! im going to put my thoughts behind spoilers bc they r Many and Big.

• - i suspected with the Halloween furniture/Spooky Set that they've been trying to step away from furniture that's too niche/can't rly be mixed with furniture outside of the set and it seems they're continuing this trend with the Harvest Festival furniture, which is exciting. that isn't to say niche furniture can be bad, but we rly do need just more furniture in general and this is a good fix for it (for now).
    - all the new reactions r rly great for picture taking and having fun. i used to use greetings to wave goodbye to my villagers (i dont do that all the time, just when i leave their house) so it's rly exciting to have a goodbye emote now! the floor sit is rly precious and im so happy we can channel our inner villager now. the lil hand flail with the sparkles is rly cute lol i think it'll be my go to emote when goofing around. i was worried we wouldn't rly get any new reactions, but i can see that that fear may have been unfounded. i'll definitely spend nook miles on this when it comes out
    - omg the detail in the hairstyles r so lovely. recently, ppl have been speaking out about the long-standing issue of not having many PoC-inclusive hairstyles and skintones in games. i mean, it's only with Pocket Camp we could pick our skintones. in New Leaf, ppl had to stand for hours on the island to get a darker skintone, and even then it would fade over time. and that's not even to mention hairstyles, which we had none of. it's exciting to see games and their companies be more aware of inclusivity because not only does that mean more people get to see themselves in video game characters, in games where u can create your own characters that means you can actually be urself in that game. while these hairstyles may not be something i'd wear in real life, i appreciate that the people who do wear them finally can. i hope that this is a step towards more hairstyles being added to the game later on, and more specifically, diverse hairstyles being added to the game later on.

• - Harvest Festival looked rly interesting to me. we saw the character adding pumpkins to the stew(?), so i'm wondering if we will even get new crops like we've all been speculating, or if we just have to make a pumpkin and fruit stew which would be rly gross!! i would not eat that lol. im still kinda holding out a lil speckle of hope for new crops, but i imagine if the devs were to actually put them in the game then they would have been in the trailer. we've all be on a farming kick so to not add them would be weird, but even in other frames we didnt see any new crops. so im rly curious to see how this whole event will play out.
    - Toy Day looked kinda basic but i mean theres only so many things u can do for that holiday. ive never rly been interested in Christmas furniture and decorations (red & green is,,, horrid color combination im sorry red & green likers), but im excited to give my villagers lil gifts as Santa lol. it's also always great to see NPCs return, and Jingle looks rly precious in this game. i may not feel much about this holiday in general, but i can say at least it's not like the Easter event.
    - seeing Pavé return is also neat, but the date at which he's coming back shows that there's not much of a celebration in January (except for New Years). i imagine his holiday will be in February like previous games. there's not much to say about this because we weren't even given that much, but i am Waiting. Patiently. to see what his set will look like, and the waiting in in mounting amounts of horror and fascination

• - the house storage upgrade is rly nice, more space to store things is always a good thing. looking through this thread, i saw someone else mention that maybe this could be a precursor to allowing us to upgrade the space in some rooms and i wont lie i thought the same thing, but lately ive been telling myself to not get my hopes up about things bc it only leads to disappointment for me, so we will have to see if that is the case.
    - finally being able to transfer save data freely between consoles is rly nice. i dont rly know what possessed Nintendo when they decided to not allow that from the start, but it seems they've been exorcised of said possession. it's also interesting that ppl can now move side characters from one switch to their own island, i mean it makes sense they would do this bc i mean it's the holiday season and ppl will probably get their own switches for the holiday instead of using other ppl's so siblings and etc. who have made a side character on their sibling's (or etc.'s) switch can now have their own game. it's weird that they thought up this possibility, and not the possibility to let us visit our own dream address, but oh well. it's still a rly good thing. im wondering tho, if they're finally allowing all of this now because of a "Switch Pro" version coming out soon. if that's the case, i wonder if they'd ever allow these things? and i wonder if they'll come out with an ACNH-themed "Switch Pro". but this is too much speculation for a thoughts and feelings comment on a trailer lol
    - being able to visit random dream addresses is always nice; it was a feature in ACNL so im glad it's a feature in ACNH. i wonder if it'll have the limit of only showing u islands that are as similarly developed as ur own like in New Leaf, but it could also go by how many visits some islands got (and show u the most popular ones or something). obviously we wont know until we can actually try it, but i mean. this was one of my first thoughts when i heard about it man!! i also wonder if hiding ur dream address on ur passport can take ur island out of the "rotation" of islands that are shown bc i mean it doesnt rly mean anything if ur dream address does show up to someone else but i dont rly like the thought of random ppl visiting it either way rn.
    - the Pocket Camp collab is rly interesting but im wondering what they even mean by a smartphone model?? like is it an item?? can we just get the Pocket Camp phone case?? it's nice to see that ACNH and ACPC's still having collaborations this late?? early?? into the game's existence, and it makes me wonder if we'll see more furniture collaborations in the future.
those are all my thoughts. many things to think, but very happy to think them bc it's a rly nice update!!
idk how to format things here
They added skin tone selection in Happy Home Designer in..2014? 2015? So it was before Pocket Camp.

• I'm guessing the harvest fest -> turkey day name change was made to simplify things, especially since New Horizons has a much bigger audience than the previous games did so it makes sense to make the event names more streamlined. I preferred the sound of harvest fest but don't really mind the change​

It's actually interesting to me because from a non-American (or English speaking) point of view I felt "Harvest Festival" was way more universally understandable.

When I see the name "Harvest festival" I can piece together it's going to involve enjoying the food you've spent all year growing. That's not the case with "Turkey Day". Over here we don't have a single holiday that involves eating turkey, so if I was totally unaware of Thanksgiving I would be pretty confused about the context of the event or the significance of the turkey part of the name.

It gets more confusing when we aren't going to be eating turkey in game and I'd bet our recipes will only involve fruit, fish and veggies.

(Unless they made Franklin non-vegan, which would make this a pretty dark iteration of Animal Crossing)

Am I the only one who's in love with this new hairstyle here?

oh7x0WU.png

Like, maximum fluffiness, this is all I wanted. 🥺

Otherwise, the fact that we can now sit down, wave goodbye and doing yoga made my day. And Toy Day just looks beautiful! Overall, a very nice update.
YESSS, I LOVE THIS HAIRSTYLE—and also the one with two round buns!! They’re SO cute. 😭💕

Oh my gosh, I could CRY. Toy Day looks so beautiful!! Can't wait for my island to be covered in SNOW, and I hope it lasts all of winter and not just the day of the event... Really looking forward to the holiday aesthetics~~

I think I'm going to have fun with the update. I do wonder if it'll be enough to last me to the next one though, but we'll see. It's just that there seems to be less time between the 'big' Halloween update and this one than between this one and the next one in January...

Love the new reactions, I'm going to take so many snapshots just sitting around with my villagers! And the expanded storage space is really going to help. Right now my storage is almost full just with items I can't buy from Nook's and crafting materials O.O

I'm excited to see what the events will bring, though I'm anxious about the Toy Day event... I like keeping control over what I gift my villagers, and as such usually tend to avoid the 'gift quests'. I do hope someone will spoil that bit before the actual event, so I can decide what I will do.

It's good to see they're also putting out new hairstyles, that gives me hope that one day, in the future, there'll be truly long hair (either loose or in a ponytail) :D

It's actually interesting to me because from a non-American (or English speaking) point of view I felt "Harvest Festival" was way more universally understandable.

When I see the name "Harvest festival" I can piece together it's going to involve enjoying the food you've spent all year growing. That's not the case with "Turkey Day". Over here we don't have a single holiday that involves eating turkey, so if I was totally unaware of Thanksgiving I would be pretty confused about the context of the event or the significance of the turkey part of the name.
that's absolutely true, and that's why I liked harvest festival better - since it's more universal. But I was thinking more from a children's perspective since I think harvest isn't really a word kids learn or use in their younger years unless they are specifically exposed to it. Naming the event [NPC animal]-day (like bunny day) seems easy enough for children to pick up without really knowing the origin of the real life event.

Finally I can move the event furniture back to my main character <3 I think the reactions are my favorite addition. The hairstyles are amazing too, but I don't have characters left to use them

Yes! I love the sitting interaction. We will get to sit on the ground with our islanders now. And the hairstyles are cute. Also from the little bit I've seen, it looks like Toy Day is similar to how it was in New Leaf, which is great because I loved Toy Day in New Leaf. And the storage expansion will be really helpful for the hoarders among us. I'm excited about this update.

Still don't see an add to cart option or the Roost but maybe one day.

It gets more confusing when we aren't going to be eating turkey in game and I'd bet our recipes will only involve fruit, fish and veggies.

(Unless they made Franklin non-vegan, which would make this a pretty dark iteration of Animal Crossing)

I feel like they changed the name because it's a day that revolves around Franklin. So "turkey day" is basically "franklin day" which honestly I can see how most people would find that easier to recognize as his event than "harvest festival". 😊

I'm super excited for all the upcoming stuff! I've never experienced Franklin or Jingle. Cooking on Thanksgiving looks so cozy and lovely. Especially with lots of people unable to see family this year due to COVID restrictions, I feel like the Thanksgiving event will be extra special for a lot of people. ❤

I-I SAW THIS A FEW HOURS AGO AT SCHOOL AND I WATCHED IT AND I SOBBED OMG
update: still sobbing
WHEN I HEARD THE HARVEST FESTIVAL MUSIC OKFBREBS IT WAS RHE SAME IN NEW LEAF MY HEARTT
ALSO IM SO EXCITED FOR THE CHRISTMAS EVENT AHHH I LOVED DRESSING UP AS SANTA AND GIVING VILLAGERS PRESENTS IN NEW LEAFF

ALSO THE NEW REACTIOSN HOLY JESUS IM SO EXCITED I CAN FINALLY DO THE WORKOUT DANCE THING WITH MY VILLAGER BABIES
also the event starts being active on my best friend’s birthday what a coinkydink

I just can't wait to get payback at Billy for sitting on the ground in front of furniture and trapping me there...

Booty wiggle will be a decent shrunk funk shuffle substitute and also means of dancing without spamming other reactions like my friend and I had been doing

It is really cool to see Nintendo's response to popular requests every time they publish an update

Also yeeeeeeeee NL-style dream roulette! can't wait

Back