• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Turkey Day and Toy Day Update coming November 19th.

I'm worried about the events. They seem to be copy-pasted from New Leaf but with no major improvement... like Halloween 😅

I'm happy they are adding new hair styles. I hope they'll keep adding some more in the future ! But at the same time I hope they will add new hair colors. Like dark blue, as we had in NL !

Last edited:
one thing I love about the new hairstyles is that all of them (except for the bald head I guess lol) are specifically geared towards black people. it seems like more often than not options for people of color are added just as a "bonus", or take a backseat to those made for white people. so I think it's really cool to see an update that's entirely for them, instead of being an afterthought (like they were in the base game, lbr)

also the "excited" animation at 1:14 in the trailer is so stinking cute lol. look at those babies so excited for their presents 🥺

I'm worried about the events. They seem to be copy-pasted from New Leaf but with no major improvement... like Halloween 😅

I'm happy they are adding new hair styles. I hope they'll keep adding some more in the future ! But at the same time I hope they will add new hair color. Like dark blue, as we had in NL !
Yeah I agree with the events seeming similar to NL’s. I actually liked the Halloween event in NH less than the one in NL, it was a lot more barebone. The harvest festival seems a little bit better in terms of being interesting? But I might feel differently when it comes out. *fingers crossed*

I'm happy they are adding new hair styles. I hope they'll keep adding some more in the future ! But at the same time I hope they will add new hair color. Like dark blue, as we had in NL !
I'm for one am happy they're copy n paste. I hate change so,, i'm happy uvu it's exactly how I remember

hrrnng my thoughts r every where with this update (in a positive way) but overall im so excited for it!! im going to put my thoughts behind spoilers bc they r Many and Big.

• - i suspected with the Halloween furniture/Spooky Set that they've been trying to step away from furniture that's too niche/can't rly be mixed with furniture outside of the set and it seems they're continuing this trend with the Harvest Festival furniture, which is exciting. that isn't to say niche furniture can be bad, but we rly do need just more furniture in general and this is a good fix for it (for now).
    - all the new reactions r rly great for picture taking and having fun. i used to use greetings to wave goodbye to my villagers (i dont do that all the time, just when i leave their house) so it's rly exciting to have a goodbye emote now! the floor sit is rly precious and im so happy we can channel our inner villager now. the lil hand flail with the sparkles is rly cute lol i think it'll be my go to emote when goofing around. i was worried we wouldn't rly get any new reactions, but i can see that that fear may have been unfounded. i'll definitely spend nook miles on this when it comes out
    - omg the detail in the hairstyles r so lovely. recently, ppl have been speaking out about the long-standing issue of not having many PoC-inclusive hairstyles and skintones in games. i mean, it's only with Pocket Camp we could pick our skintones. in New Leaf, ppl had to stand for hours on the island to get a darker skintone, and even then it would fade over time. and that's not even to mention hairstyles, which we had none of. it's exciting to see games and their companies be more aware of inclusivity because not only does that mean more people get to see themselves in video game characters, in games where u can create your own characters that means you can actually be urself in that game. while these hairstyles may not be something i'd wear in real life, i appreciate that the people who do wear them finally can. i hope that this is a step towards more hairstyles being added to the game later on, and more specifically, diverse hairstyles being added to the game later on.

• - Harvest Festival looked rly interesting to me. we saw the character adding pumpkins to the stew(?), so i'm wondering if we will even get new crops like we've all been speculating, or if we just have to make a pumpkin and fruit stew which would be rly gross!! i would not eat that lol. im still kinda holding out a lil speckle of hope for new crops, but i imagine if the devs were to actually put them in the game then they would have been in the trailer. we've all be on a farming kick so to not add them would be weird, but even in other frames we didnt see any new crops. so im rly curious to see how this whole event will play out.
    - Toy Day looked kinda basic but i mean theres only so many things u can do for that holiday. ive never rly been interested in Christmas furniture and decorations (red & green is,,, horrid color combination im sorry red & green likers), but im excited to give my villagers lil gifts as Santa lol. it's also always great to see NPCs return, and Jingle looks rly precious in this game. i may not feel much about this holiday in general, but i can say at least it's not like the Easter event.
    - seeing Pavé return is also neat, but the date at which he's coming back shows that there's not much of a celebration in January (except for New Years). i imagine his holiday will be in February like previous games. there's not much to say about this because we weren't even given that much, but i am Waiting. Patiently. to see what his set will look like, and the waiting in in mounting amounts of horror and fascination

• - the house storage upgrade is rly nice, more space to store things is always a good thing. looking through this thread, i saw someone else mention that maybe this could be a precursor to allowing us to upgrade the space in some rooms and i wont lie i thought the same thing, but lately ive been telling myself to not get my hopes up about things bc it only leads to disappointment for me, so we will have to see if that is the case.
    - finally being able to transfer save data freely between consoles is rly nice. i dont rly know what possessed Nintendo when they decided to not allow that from the start, but it seems they've been exorcised of said possession. it's also interesting that ppl can now move side characters from one switch to their own island, i mean it makes sense they would do this bc i mean it's the holiday season and ppl will probably get their own switches for the holiday instead of using other ppl's so siblings and etc. who have made a side character on their sibling's (or etc.'s) switch can now have their own game. it's weird that they thought up this possibility, and not the possibility to let us visit our own dream address, but oh well. it's still a rly good thing. im wondering tho, if they're finally allowing all of this now because of a "Switch Pro" version coming out soon. if that's the case, i wonder if they'd ever allow these things? and i wonder if they'll come out with an ACNH-themed "Switch Pro". but this is too much speculation for a thoughts and feelings comment on a trailer lol
    - being able to visit random dream addresses is always nice; it was a feature in ACNL so im glad it's a feature in ACNH. i wonder if it'll have the limit of only showing u islands that are as similarly developed as ur own like in New Leaf, but it could also go by how many visits some islands got (and show u the most popular ones or something). obviously we wont know until we can actually try it, but i mean. this was one of my first thoughts when i heard about it man!! i also wonder if hiding ur dream address on ur passport can take ur island out of the "rotation" of islands that are shown bc i mean it doesnt rly mean anything if ur dream address does show up to someone else but i dont rly like the thought of random ppl visiting it either way rn.
    - the Pocket Camp collab is rly interesting but im wondering what they even mean by a smartphone model?? like is it an item?? can we just get the Pocket Camp phone case?? it's nice to see that ACNH and ACPC's still having collaborations this late?? early?? into the game's existence, and it makes me wonder if we'll see more furniture collaborations in the future.
those are all my thoughts. many things to think, but very happy to think them bc it's a rly nice update!!
idk how to format things here

waking up to the update video being released was a really nice touch to such a crappy morning 🖤

i'm a little.. confused that turkey day is being hosted by a turkey, but i can get over it. i've already had my thanksgiving due to me being in canada, but i'm still more than excited to jump into the fun for this. and the new characters i get to meet in general (considering this is my first animal crossing game i've no idea if they're reappearing characters or not so i'm just excited to meet them either way).

those christmas decorations look fantastic. it honestly reminds me of some of the things i've seen in real life a few years ago with some friends around that time so that's.. really nostalgic for me right now and bringing back some good memories so i'm all over that in the best way possible.

can we all just take a minute to appreciate the stroage increase? and the reactions? and the darn hairstyles that i think should have been there from the beginning but that's just my opinion. i'm really happy with this update sneak peek so far and i can't wait to explore it.

waking up to the update video being released was a really nice touch to such a crappy morning 🖤

i'm a little.. confused that turkey day is being hosted by a turkey, but i can get over it. i've already had my thanksgiving due to me being in canada, but i'm still more than excited to jump into the fun for this. and the new characters i get to meet in general (considering this is my first animal crossing game i've no idea if they're reappearing characters or not so i'm just excited to meet them either way).

those christmas decorations look fantastic. it honestly reminds me of some of the things i've seen in real life a few years ago with some friends around that time so that's.. really nostalgic for me right now and bringing back some good memories so i'm all over that in the best way possible.

can we all just take a minute to appreciate the stroage increase? and the reactions? and the darn hairstyles that i think should have been there from the beginning but that's just my opinion. i'm really happy with this update sneak peek so far and i can't wait to explore it.

Franklin creates a turkey-less thanksgiving dinnerIf I recall, replacing turkey with fish and other main course meals. He's suppose to be mildly tragic, the original game you had to look for him as hid out of paranoia someone was after him.

Franklin creates a turkey-less thanksgiving dinnerIf I recall, replacing turkey with fish and other main course meals. He's suppose to be mildly tragic, the original game you had to look for him as hid out of paranoia someone was after him.

i honestly had a feeling it was going to be something without turkey - i've noticed that they tend to make the villagers and NPCs seem 'vegan' or at least, don't eat other animals other than fish. interesting. maybe that's why we don't see fish-like villagers i mean, besides the fact that fish technically can't survive out of water but we wont get into that.

I'm also hoping Brewster will return in the January update, but now I'm not too sure. wouldn't they have shown his face next to pave if he was indeed returning? :c hope I'm wrong

Events are always kinda the same. What I've noticed of events in NH is that they're kinda based on both NL and previous entries. They will also add a few tiny details. Like, Halloween is much like other games but unlike previous games, your neighbors are not dressed up as Jack, instead you can dress up as Jack plus you can get new pranks and there are new reactions. NL's Halloween had different kinds of villagers dressed up as different types of Jacks (CF/GCN was pretty much find the real Jack and that was it). I also remember NL to have different costumes to scare villagers differently and get items. I kinda liked having villagers dress up differently this time around :)

There's no Bunny day in GCN nor WW from what I recall but it was pretty much the same in NL and CF.

Nature day is also slightly different in NH compared to the other games. In NH you get special Nook Miles events and Leif will come to your island more often, whereas in GCN and CF you'll get a special item from Tortimer and in NL there's a cardboard standee and you'll get an item.

Fireworks festival is probably the most similar to NL.

Harvest festival/Turkey day is also slightly different from its predecessors but yeah, it's looking very similar to NL. The only difference is that now tables are being set up with villagers around it (which is very similar as the Harvest Festival even in GCN).

AWESOMEEEE!!! storage!!!! And all these new reactions?! One thing I noticed with the Halloween reactions is that they took up the two remaining spaces i had for my last two regular reactions, so now I don't have room to get those. Hoping this will have been addressed with the addition of these reactions!! I can't wait to do all the new things!!! Turkey day is so close!!
It didn't take up spaces. The Halloween Update added a second page for reactions once you filled the first page. No need to address.

i honestly had a feeling it was going to be something without turkey - i've noticed that they tend to make the villagers and NPCs seem 'vegan' or at least, don't eat other animals other than fish. interesting. maybe that's why we don't see fish-like villagers i mean, besides the fact that fish technically can't survive out of water but we wont get into that.
Squids exist in ac how they live out of water

Winter is going to be amazing! Also new hairstyles and storage are a nice touch! :]

STORAGE UPGRADE my prayers have been answered by Nintendo ♥

The new reactions seem amazing as well and I'm super happy they added more hairstyles! It gives me hope that light brown hair still might happen down the road - January update maybe please??

Back