• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Update v2.0 + HHP Discussion Thread

Please help me. I didn’t realize that we had to talk to Blathers as soon as the update was complete. He still hasn’t given me a thought bubble. :( I had to restart my island over and I only have a few residents. Does that have something to do with it? I’m really frustrated and confused

question about the doctor's office:
is there a set list of items you can get from there / how to get them? i figured that telling them i have knee pain is how you get the knee bandage, but so far my assigned doctor just keeps giving me mummy costumes.
All those items can obtained at Able's.

Please help me. I didn’t realize that we had to talk to Blathers as soon as the update was complete. He still hasn’t given me a thought bubble. :( I had to restart my island over and I only have a few residents. Does that have something to do with it? I’m really frustrated and confused
You need to have the museum donated at least these items "Fish, Bug, Sea Creatures, and Piece of art or statue" according to the datamines.

What determines the villager who's icon shows up on the HHP map (when there are more than one homes on one tile? Is it the oldest villager on that plot or the most recent?

What determines the villager who's icon shows up on the HHP map (when there are more than one homes on one tile? Is it the oldest villager on that plot or the most recent?

Most recent, I believe. So if you had Kyle, Mac and Bluebear on A1, with Bluebear being the most recently made house, her icon would be the most recent.

Its locked behind island development. Since you just restarted, you probably havent met the requirements yet. You probably need to donate more things to the museum, or get your island to 3 stars.

Hey! Got a quick question or two regarding somethin' regarding 2.0 'n HHP.

What are the items that Cyrus can't customize, outside of one-variant items? And can you not order clothing from Werndell's catalogue? Is it locked behind something, or what you see in the catalogue is what you can get?

Similar to clothes and catchphrases, you can now ask Isabelle to reset Villager homes!

Not sure if it is permanent, or if they will re-ruin their houses with inventory items. Also, not sure what it does with starter villager homes.

Last edited:
Not sure where to post this- but needing some advice on problem my niece is having with the 2.0 update. It's not there...

She has switch lite, has downloaded the update (it says she's using the latest, has the 2.0). So should be good. But she doesn't have any of it in game. No kappn, no cooking, no new items in nook stop. I've tried all I know to do to help her, so if anyone has any advice, I'd love to hear it. She's very frustrated. I'm hoping I'm not missing something simple.

Not sure where to post this- but needing some advice on problem my niece is having with the 2.0 update. It's not there...

She has switch lite, has downloaded the update (it says she's using the latest, has the 2.0). So should be good. But she doesn't have any of it in game. No kappn, no cooking, no new items in nook stop. I've tried all I know to do to help her, so if anyone has any advice, I'd love to hear it. She's very frustrated. I'm hoping I'm not missing something simple.

How far is she into the game currently? Is she the representative?

Is her Village 3 star and has she had a KK Concert yet?

She can talk to Isabelle to find out the star rating of the town. I'm pretty sure that this is the first hurdle.

After that, check if she has donated at least one of every type of item to the Museum, including art and diving creatures.

Last edited:
Is her Village 3 star and has she had a KK Concert yet?

you can talk to Isabelle to find out the star rating of the town.

That might be it!!! The 3 star. I don't know her rating but it's probably not 3, and at least it will give her something else to try. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I love my niece, but an evening on the phone with a crying, anxious small child and having no way to fix it ...not fun, lol. So tysm!
(Although, she will now need to clean up her island 😂).

That might be it!!! The 3 star. I don't know her rating but it's probably not 3, and at least it will give her something else to try. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I love my niece, but an evening on the phone with a crying, anxious small child and having no way to fix it ...not fun, lol. So tysm!
(Although, she will now need to clean up her island 😂).
If you both have the game, it can be a good bonding experience to work on it as a team.

If you both have the game, it can be a good bonding experience to work on it as a team.

Lol, yes. I just got off the phone with her- she is super happy now. It's funny, I've helped her with bells, etc. and her house is almost complete, looks amazing, but she doesn't even have the campsite yet, lol.

But thanks for the help. I just knew I was missing something simple.

I really wanna know this and don't recall hearing about it anywhere so: are those pillars and counter items you unlock via Niko usable outside on your own island? I haven't tried using them on vacation home exteriors yet but even if that was possible idk if that'll automatically make them usable on yours. you never know with Nintendo

I really wanna know this and don't recall hearing about it anywhere so: are those pillars and counter items you unlock via Niko usable outside on your own island? I haven't tried using them on vacation home exteriors yet but even if that was possible idk if that'll automatically make them usable on yours. you never know with Nintendo
They are, yes! Niko teaches you the DIYs for them, so all you have to do is make the pillar/counter DIYs on your island in order to use them.

They are, yes! Niko teaches you the DIYs for them, so all you have to do is make the pillar/counter DIYs on your island in order to use them.
Oh I know that but I meant whether we could use them in the outdoors.
But I did just Google that and it turns out... No we can't 🙃 so there go all my plans on using them

Back