• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Version 1.11 Update: Fireworks update for ACNH coming July 29

@Bethboj This is also the company that just recently gave us the next line up of game's on the NSO and it's all games that I never even heard of. It's like they went out of their way to dig at the bottom of the barrel to find the most obscure games when people are still asking for EarthBound, Mario RPG, and the such. It'd be one thing if the game's they offered in August and before were games that still were received well or well known, but we got Spankey's Quest. Like what even.

I would had rather had the virtual console back where you can buy the games (including the ones that the fan's are asking for) then have the NSO which has really no great features and a bunch of what seems bargain bin games at the back side of a crappy Walmart that they can't sell even after dropping them to $1-5.

Xbox and Playstation also have online subscriptions and they offer game libraries as well. This isn't a New Horizon problem. It's a Nintendo problem if you look at all of their other poor decisions and practices. Like the joycons still drift. People voiced concerns. They don't listen and decided to use the same material on the Switch Lite so that those joycons that aren't interchangeable will also drift. They only started to listen when the law hit them and they were forced to issue repairs if someone sent their joycons in. And they are still making them with the same materials.

I like Nintendo. I really do. But I feel like lately they feel like they're too big to fall/fail and can do whatever they want without backlash.

I have nothing to say about pocket camp. What made you think I had an issue with that game?

Nothing specifically, just usually in these kinds of discussion the other brings up "what about pocket camp...", which is why i apologized ahead of the response for the assumption if you were going to take that stance.

Do we have dates for when the cotton-candy and popsicles are out in Nook Shopping?
I'm wondering if they'll be at Redds booth if we have no dates.​

I can't fully understand why people are thinking that they only just started work on adding content for the future.

From the datamines over the past year, there has been lots of different things that have been found that are not currently in the game.

I think the only update the game has received that has not HAD to come out when it did due to time reasons, was the sanrio update. And even that one could had had to come out when it did due to contractual reasons.

Is it not possible, likely even, that their work had to be prioritised so that the seasonal holidays and such came out on those holidays, and other content for the game had to take a backseat for a while?

Because it is very clear they have been working on things that have not yet been added to the game.

Pretty much what I was expecting, and I have to say I’m glad it only goes through mid-September-ish so they’ll have to do another update for Holiday 2021. Also I’m super happy to get the little eggplant and cucumber thingies but it’s making me want additional vegetables to grow even more. 🥕

Pretty much what I was expecting, and I have to say I’m glad it only goes through mid-September-ish so they’ll have to do another update for Holiday 2021. Also I’m super happy to get the little eggplant and cucumber thingies but it’s making me want additional vegetables to grow even more. 🥕
Yeah I'm kind of surprised they didn't bother to do corn for Summer. They already have the furniture model piece from NL so they could probably just reuse that. I do hope they don't just stop with pumpkins though.

I can't fully understand why people are thinking that they only just started work on adding content for the future.
Probably because Nintendo is so tight-lipped about anything and so them finally coming out and commenting after so much time has passed came out of the blue and was surprising. I don't necessarily believe the whole they are just now working on new stuff after realizing a good portion of the fanbase are upset, but it did cross my mind.

I mean that's as transparent as Nintendo has been in a while, but so many people have speculated it to me they have bigger stuff they haven't added yet, they are just now working on it, that Doug's words just mean more seasonal items dashed in with holidays. If they would just be more concise with their words or had explained what is really going on since launch or a 1/2 month or so I don't think the fanbase would be as divided as it is. We would just accept the game for what it is and move on or stay.

It's just that if they do have stuff already locked and loaded, I don't get why they're holding it for a year and a half.

Last edited:
The welcome amiibo update was I think 3 years after the release. The difference is NL had so much more that it didn’t need an update right away. I’m kinda thinking that’s why they haven’t given us Brewster yet. They didn’t want us to be done with everything right away. Thing is when/if we get Brewster people might not care by then. Especially if they have to wait 3years before he shows up.
Yeah, that's the main problem. If they hadn't of taken away anything or at least a lot of things, I think people wouldn't be as mad. I'm fine with waiting for new content, but the content we're all waiting for isn't new so it's frustrating.

Yeah, that's the main problem. If they hadn't of taken away anything or at least a lot of things, I think people wouldn't be as mad. I'm fine with waiting for new content, but the content we're all waiting for isn't new so it's frustrating.
yeah i think the adding of old content and presenting it as 'new content' kinda bugs me. if it were something actually brand-new i completely understand waiting for it (if at all!) but again, so much was missing from the start.

yeah i think the adding of old content and presenting it as 'new content' kinda bugs me. if it were something actually brand-new i completely understand waiting for it (if at all!) but again, so much was missing from the start.
Real talk! It's almost insulting, like they think we're all stupid fools.

It's just that if they do have stuff already locked and loaded, I don't get why they're holding it for a year and a half.

I'm not sure we will ever get a clear answer on what the schedule was supposed to be. It kind of seems like they've always been working from behind, even prior to the pandemic. The game was originally supposed to come out in 2019, was delayed until 2020, then comes out immediately as the pandemic starts when offices get shutdown.

I know the pandemic reason is not the most satisfactory answer, but considering the game was delayed even before that, it seems possible to me that it pushed things back further and they could be 6 months or so behind where they hoped to be at this time.

For instance, if the game had released in Fall 2019, they would have immediately had to add Halloween, Turkey Day, and Toy Day. Then that would have freed up Fall 2020 for updates beyond holidays. But because the game was pushed to March 2020, some of the seasonal updates they planned may be a whole year behind.

I could be completely wrong here, just one theory.

Last edited:
I really hope the handheld food will also look cute when it's placed! I think I could use the drink in a few places on my island, the cotton candy would obviously look cute near the cotton candy machine, and the popsicle would make for a cute ice cream stand.

That being said I think these updates are getting less and less exciting. I really hope they can deliver some actual new content beyond just new items.
I remember seeing all my villagers eating popsicles and being like, “Hey! Where’s my popsicle?”

Yeah I'm kind of surprised they didn't bother to do corn for Summer. They already have the furniture model piece from NL so they could probably just reuse that. I do hope they don't just stop with pumpkins though.

Oh, I forgot about that corn item from NL! That would be amazing to have back, or to grow corn. I would make a corn maze for fall. 🌽 That wheat item you could walk through would be great as well. There are so many old items that would make sense to have now since we can place them outside. I just hope they bring them in a future update. 🤞

For instance, if the game had released in Fall 2019, they would have immediately had to add Halloween, Turkey Day, and Toy Day. Then that would have freed up Fall 2020 for updates beyond holidays. But because the game was pushed to March 2020, some of the seasonal updates they planned may be a whole year behind.

I could be completely wrong here, just one theory.

Thinking about this a little more, this is what the alternate timeline could have looked like if the game wasn't delayed from 2019 to 2020 and there was no pandemic.

Sept. 2019 - Game releases
Oct. 2019 - Halloween update
Nov. 2019 - Turkey Day update
Dec. 2019 - Toy Day update
Feb. 2020 - Festivale update
April 2020 - Bunny Day update
May 2020 - Leif and Redd added, May Day, Museum Day, Museum upgrade
June 2020 - Summer Wave 1 update, diving
July 2020 - Summer Wave 2 update, fireworks
September 2020 - 1-year anniversary, cafe added

Instead, the game launched 6 months already behind, then the pandemic threw things off even more (and is maybe why they never got around to properly developing anything after the cafe, explaining the weird gap we've had this summer).

Again, just a theory! I may be totally wrong.

Last edited:
That, and the fact that they took so much out but never added at least half of the stuff back in, or replaced it. Sure some npcs got their jobs replaced, but others didn't. Like @TheDuke55 said, if Nintendo was careful about their words explaining that possibly new content is in the works, then the community probably wouldn't be as divided as it is right now with people trying to protect the game and people who are criticizing it. We would just enjoy the game, and that's it. It's confusing because we don't know if Nintendo's "New content is in the works" message is just for holidays or if we're actually going to get something new or added back

That, and the fact that they took so much out but never added at least half of the stuff back in, or replaced it. Sure some npcs got their jobs replaced, but others didn't. Like @TheDuke55 said, if Nintendo was careful about their words explaining that possibly new content is in the works, then the community probably wouldn't be as divided as it is right now with people trying to protect the game and people who are criticizing it. We would just enjoy the game, and that's it. It's confusing because we don't know if Nintendo's "New content is in the works" message is just for holidays or if we're actually going to get something new or added back
Besides, "new content" could just mean 2 new Christmas items or something else small and lame.

Besides, "new content" could just mean 2 new Christmas items or something else small and lame.
It's the OLED Switch, but you need to buy the system to get it in the mail.

Seriously out of all the Animal Crossing titles, I've never seen the playerbase as divided as it is now. Even that Amiibo Festival game didn't get as much backlash because we all accepted that it was just a bad game. But this is a mainline game, but they're not treating it like it is imo and they're treating PC like it is their mainline game. So that leaves a bit of a sour taste in my mouth.

The biggest problem that Nintendo has is lack of communication with its growing userbase. Updating Animal Crossing is one thing, leaving its userbase in the dark is another one altogether. At least they went out of their way to tell us to expect a more meaningful update before the year's end to avoid a very predictable backlash from AC fans... They are slow learners I'd say.

Seriously out of all the Animal Crossing titles, I've never seen the playerbase as divided as it is now. Even that Amiibo Festival game didn't get as much backlash because we all accepted that it was just a bad game. But this is a mainline game, but they're not treating it like it is imo and they're treating PC like it is their mainline game. So that leaves a bit of a sour taste in my mouth.
Yeah me neither. I mean, like I said before, Nintendo could actually be working on a new update that will change the game forever, but no one knows for sure. It could just be a holiday update. That's why some people aren't even bothering about the game anymore because they don't want to think Nintendo is going to update the game...only to be slapped in the face when it isn't. I mean, I like new horizons. I really do. It's just the state that the game is in right now is both confusing and frustrating because we don't know what Nintendo is going to do, and at this point it's a very bad direction for the game imo.

Back