• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Version 1.11 Update: Fireworks update for ACNH coming July 29

OK, a few thoughts on today's discussions:
  • As someone who keeps up to date with datamines, there was a long period of time between last August and this March in which nothing really turned up, which in hindsight we can chalk the long drought of content (god, I hate that word, it treats parts of games as stuff instead of something that's there for a reason) we're currently going through up to, as the devs prioritised getting the most needed holidays ready. This is ultimately HELL, but by Nintendo basically going "yeah, there's more new stuff soon" we're obviously coming to the end of that.
  • NH's success has ultimately led Nintendo to (apparently) decide to cut back on making mobile games, a fact backed up by their announcement today of Dr Mario World being shut down, although I don't think Pocket Camp's in danger anytime soon due to how well it performs (it's the second-ranked app, behind Fire Emblem Heroes). I wish it WAS being shut down, but that's more down to the fact I don't like the way it looks, plays or the fact you have to pay a lot of real, IRL money for it.
  • I'm genuinely indifferent to their lack of communication regarding NH, partially because I don't want them to explicitly promise stuff they can't fulfil, partially because I keep up to date with datamines and I know what's at least being worked on, and partially because I have a couple of hunches based off of a load of vague evidence that I'm inevitably going to end up being wrong about... but I understand the frustration with not hearing anything.
  • Listening to fandom is inherently a double-edged sword, and doubly so in the case of Animal Crossing, who in general seem to have have a fairly open and receptive dev team as opposed to other Nintendo franchises. On one hand, you can communicate what's good and what's bad about whatever's being put out. On the other hand, fandom can act like the worst kind of focus group, where you basically go "Hey, you know that real-time mechanic? It's kind of inconvenient for me, could you change that?" or "villagers must basically do nothing without me and be subservient to my every whim... but also be mean to me" or "it's got to be down to earth, but also crawling with magic robots"
  • As someone who's curious about Earthbound but has never played it, yeah, also understand the frustration with NSO's weird choice of titles, although I appreciate putting out some of the more obscure titles because I can try stuff out, which is the one thing I like about subscription services, which I generally don't like because they're basically "pay us money to never own something!"
  • Joy-con drift is basically down to "we decided to use THIS stock ALPS joystick for size and cost reasons, not because it's good" which both explains why they've not done anything about it, and is REALLY depressing.

@McRibbie I didn't know about the Doctor Mario app getting terminated. Looked it up and it will be gone in November. In their announcement, did they state why? Like was it under-performing for them?

I personally never liked the idea of Nintendo going into the mobile gaming business. I know I shouldn't probably like that they're shutting those games down, but I feel like they can focus those people onto other projects/efforts.

@McRibbie I didn't know about the Doctor Mario app getting terminated. Looked it up and it will be gone in November. In their announcement, did they state why? Like was it under-performing for them?

I personally never liked the idea of Nintendo going into the mobile gaming business. I know I shouldn't probably like that they're shutting those games down, but I feel like they can focus those people onto other projects/efforts.
a) yeah, I looked up who develops Nintendo's mobile games and I found a graph showing it was their worst-performing mobile game.
b) I personally hate it too, seems like it's another of those things they did to compensate for the Wii U's failure (given it was something Iwata ended up flip-flopping on just before he died) but it's honestly just "HEY GUYS, WE HAVE CONTENT, MONEY PLS", and I'd rather they use those devs to further strengthen the Switch's lineup instead.

Nothing specifically, just usually in these kinds of discussion the other brings up "what about pocket camp...", which is why i apologized ahead of the response for the assumption if you were going to take that stance.

Ah, well. Pocket Camp has a whole different team behind it doesn't it? So I don't really see the point in complaining about the game getting better stuff. 😂

@Rosch Are all those abbreivated words confirmed to be the things like DishStack/Trowel or is that what we are assuming them to be? I haven't really kept up with those coded words. I remember months back that you showed them to us. Because the trowel sounds like more gardening stuff or a garden furniture tool, but I don't recall seeing that anywhere.
If I'm not mistaken, yes, some of those are actually confirmed by a dataminer. To quote:

"New unused tool strings: SpannerR (SpnR), DishStack (DStk), GlassDrink (GlDr), Coconut (Cnut), Pitcher (Pitc), Trowel (Trwl), Pict, STWN, CoCa, TaDr, and SnBa."

I just realized that Pitc and Pict are two different things. I always assumed it was just a typo.

If I'm not mistaken, yes, some of those are actually confirmed by a dataminer. To quote:

"New unused tool strings: SpannerR (SpnR), DishStack (DStk), GlassDrink (GlDr), Coconut (Cnut), Pitcher (Pitc), Trowel (Trwl), Pict, STWN, CoCa, TaDr, and SnBa."

I just realized that Pitc and Pict are two different things. I always assumed it was just a typo.

if these are tools, is there any chance "pitc" is short for pitchfork as opposed to pitcher? or does it specifically say pitcher somewhere? although i suppose, if it was pitchfork, it might've been "PitcK" instead or something. i only ask because the only type of pitcher i know of is a water jug lmao, and a pitchfork seems more likely if future crops are coming to go along with pumpkins. just a thought.

Oh wow a dishstack is a held tool? That sounds so weird. Like carrying around a stack of plates lol. That makes it sound like a bus-boy or something.

I saw the Cnut/Coconut thing, but just assumed it meant the coconut fruit. This probably means we will be getting the coconut drink that villagers were able to carry/drink around since the beginning.

Oh wow a dishstack is a held tool? That sounds so weird. Like carrying around a stack of plates lol. That makes it sound like a bus-boy or something.

I saw the Cnut/Coconut thing, but just assumed it meant the coconut fruit. This probably means we will be getting the coconut drink that villagers were able to carry/drink around since the beginning.

if we get a part-time job again (either the roost mini-game from NL, or something similar), my guess is that's where the dish stack would feature.

if these are tools, is there any chance "pitc" is short for pitchfork as opposed to pitcher? or does it specifically say pitcher somewhere? although i suppose, if it was pitchfork, it might've been "PitcK" instead or something. i only ask because the only type of pitcher i know of is a water jug lmao, and a pitchfork seems more likely if future crops are coming to go along with pumpkins. just a thought.
if we get a part-time job again (either the roost mini-game from NL, or something similar), my guess is that's where the dish stack would feature.
This is the reason why I had a theory on villagers (or us) having part-time jobs. The spanner which mechanics use, the trowel for gardening, and lots of restaurant held items, etc.

There's also a dummy code in the wardrobe eventflow of villagers for "BusinessMode" ( flow DummyDemo_BusinessMode ), which I believe points to villagers changing to specific outfits, much like how they change outfits when it rains or when working out. I also posted something long ago about earlier datamined code where villagers might wear hospital, school and swimming gear. It might be related to this.

Of course, all of this is speculation. But I wish were true.

Has there ever been any further mention or speculation of these things from the original data mine from over a year ago (April 2020)?
  • There are unused shopping interfaces in the game: ‘cGardening’, ‘cMuseum’ (possibly the aforementioned museum shop), ‘cRealEstate’, ‘cGallery’
  • Since 1.1 they’ve added ‘WOffice’ as well, which isn’t actually used yet
A good portion from that data mine ended up coming true and these have always seemed interesting.

The update is now available. If it doesn't update automatically, press '+' on the game icon, select Software Update, then Via the Internet to manually update the game.

There really is nothing to see right now, unless you TT to the fireworks.

Also still no bulk crafting and shopping cart at Ables.

EDIT:
Apparently, some people say there are variations to the boba tea. It is also consumable and "powers you up".

Last edited:
Villagers can be seen at the Museum again.
E7bQSGdVUAYyS3F.jpeg

The update is now available. If it doesn't update automatically, press '+' on the game icon, select Software Update, then Via the Internet to manually update the game.

There really is nothing to see right now, unless you TT to the fireworks.

Also still no bulk crafting and shopping cart at Ables.
Post automatically merged:

Apparently, some people say there are variations to the boba tea.
I just wanted to say thank you for your knowledge of updating us on things in the games files! There's a lot of rumors but with people like you we can figure out if anything is coming or not

You can eat the food 3 times before it is consumed.

Cotton candy (ramune, plain, strawberry, melon)
Boba (milk, green, strawberry, coffee, mango)
Frozen Treat (ramune, chocolate, orange)

Btw, I'm only taking this from people who TT'd as I don't TT myself.

Could be wonky translation, but it says "you can continue to enjoy seasonal events after the free update (Ver.1.11.0)" Does this mean Firework Show will be permanently in the game for past and future years?

Edit:
Hmm
* After "Ver.1.11.0", you cannot experience the 2020 version of the event even if you rewind the main unit time.

Can confirm August 2020 Firework Shows have now disappeared

It's possible to see Fireworks Shows 2021, right now.

It's not possible to see them in 2022.

Back