What Are You Happy About Today?

Today was really great! 😁

- Got to sleep in and felt much better because of it. 💤

- I finished all my dailies in my gacha games and played ACNH. Been making some good progress in ACNH. Now I'm about to play more of my Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Nuzlocke while watching more Pokemon Ultimate Journeys. 🎮 📺

- I cleaned and used the pool for a bit as well! 🏊‍♂️

- These last couple days have just been great in general and I've been more clear-headed and able to focus on positive thoughts. < 3

My girlfriend decided she wanted to get back into chainmail and made me a hand chain. She has been promising me one for two years! It's her own custom design too. 🥰

20240630_194515.jpg

I've gotten in a few hours of Pokémon: Let's Go! Eevee today while she's been crafting. We've also had a documentary series on in the background (Bad Surgeon: Love Under the Knife) and ordered dinner. 😋

A lot has been happening over the past couple of weeks so I'll summarise everything that's made me happy here...
  • Managed to get A LOT ticked off my to-do list today, including finalising things for my last presentation on Tuesday!
  • It's my last week on placement. I have my presentation and after Friday I will have officially finished university woop woop!
  • I also got my university result and will be graduating with a first class honours degree. I have worked so so hard to get here over the past 5 years and I am immensely proud of myself. I went from thinking I wasn't smart enough to go to uni, to graduating with the highest grade. 🥲
  • I handed my notice in at work - I have 4 weeks left and then I can officially concentrate on my teaching career.
  • I also applied for a teaching job at my placement school and the staff members there have been recommending me for the job. They shortlist tomorrow so hopefully I get through...
  • Todd has officially finished his FIP treatment and is in his observation period now which consists of another 84 days. He's doing so well, even better than before his diagnosis! We hope it continues and that his observation period is booooring 😝🥳
  • I did my nails and a few other self care things today. I was poorly with what I think was Covid last week, so it's nice to do some things that help me feel a little more human.
  • I managed to find a graduation dress that I like! My graduation is a week on Friday and I have been stressing over outfits.

I played ACNH hide and seek with some TBT homies today! I was actually more nervous during today's game than I was during the TBTWC ones I participated in LOL, but I had a lot of fun!! I managed to evade Mistreil, and I really enjoyed getting to see boring's island in the process! They have such a pretty pink island! I also enjoyed seeing Firesquids' island on stream; her Jack room lives rent free in my head fr 🩷

I received 2 more of my art commissions from Etsy, both of which I'm using as my avatar and sig right now!! I adore both artworks so much! I also received the sketch of one of the artworks I'm still waiting for, and caved and commissioned another artist hehe! Their art style reminds me of The Big Comfy Couch, so I'm very excited to see my character in it! :3 There might be another artist I'm also commissioning, I'm just waiting to hear back from them!

I finally got some vacuuming done and put my laundry away! I haven't been very productive the past couple weeks with how I've been feeling, so it was nice to finally get some stuff done!

My poor little Bonk had a hairball today, but she's feeling better now and is otherwise doing well! I can't believe she turns 3 in 12 days!!? My baby is growing up so fast omg... 🥺
IMG_8717.jpeg
IMG_8751.jpeg

I became besties with Cloud and Toshi in Usagi Shima, and they gave me a cloud bed and a tanuki statue respectively! I'm officially besties with all of the bunnies again!! Now I just have to decide on which 2 bunnies I want to invite permanently (still), and I think I'll be done until the next update! :') I'm leaning towards Yuzu and Celeste, but I am... unsure....

Thank you, Xara! 🖤

I'm sorry you haven't been doing well lately, but I'm happy to see you back here posting again. The shirt came from teeturtle.com if you're interested. They have quite a few cute axolotl shirts.
Thank you! 🩷 ooh their axolotl shirts are so cute!! the snowman one is especially speaking to me omg... definitely bookmarking for later!

Today was another great day! 😁

- Got to sleep in, which I needed. 💤

- Fed my kitties their favorite food and loved on my favorite. 🐱

- Finished a new collectible lineup, which I love. 💜

- Played my gacha games and finished my dailies in them, and now I'm playing through more of my Pokemon Alpha Sapphire Nuzlocke, just doing some level grinding for my team. 🎮

- I'm so late to this, but I finished watching the battle between Ash and Leon in Pokemon Ultimate Journeys. It was simply amazing! Especially when the original Pokemon theme song came on, that gave me chills. 📺

- Looking forward to having a chill week, and Zenless Zone Zero releases on Thursday! I may try it out. 👀

it’s been a long exhausting few days but still good. Happy my manager is back from vacation. Got compliments from him and our assistant store manager that I did a great job while my manager was on vacation. Had extra responsibilities while he was gone. He was happy that I had most of the inventory prep done before he got back. The only things we did today were things i couldn’t do before today. He gave me a free sub card for helping him out. We have been short handed and one of our new coworkers already quit so it was a nice surprise to find out today. That we are getting back a coworker that had gone to another store. It will be great to work with him again. Hope everyone had a great day.

Tomorrow is the first day of July. Not that July in particular is special to me, but this last month has been rough.
I ate some of my first potatoes this year today and they were yum.
I found some cute stuff on Etsy.
I'm happy this one website exists that I find encouraging. The devotionals? Writings? Blogs? Whatever you call them, are just really good and pick good topics.

This month finished off with a bang for me! Here are the highlights:

🐱 I played my first ACNH hide-and-seek session! It was so much fun exploring @Firesquids's island and searching for the perfect hiding spot, even though it didn't take too long for @Mistreil to catch me chilling behind a tree. XD

🐱 I bought a Blue Hybrid Rose collectible from @Roxxy (she gave it to someone but they didn't want it so it went back to her for a bit) and gifted it to @ZeldaCrossing64! I had to do the right thing since they're my best TBT friend. 💜 They loved it!

🐱 I had some In-N-Out with my family! I don't think I've talked about my usual order there yet so I'll bring it up now... I always get a cheeseburger with lettuce and "spread" only and a side of fries. The food at In-N-Out is fire. 🔥

🐱 I WON THE CELEBRATING DIVERSITY 2024 EVENT!!! 🎉🎉 This also means a win for the autism community and my friend!! Honestly didn't see that one coming. TYSM @Mick!!!

🐱 Today was also the birthday of one of my online friends! I made sure to wish him a happy birthday. 🎂

🐱 We're going to see Inside Out 2 on my sister's birthday! I can't wait. :D

June was my best month of 2024 so far. School was out, Zelda and I deepened our friendship...too much happened at once!! I'm so glad I became active on TBT. Everyone here is awesome, and I don't see myself going away any time soon! Here's to hoping July and other months are just as fabulous! I can't wait for the Fair!

You gotta believe, everyone! 💜

had to disappear for a couple days because I realized my social battery was at like... zero at best lol (mainly for work reasons too, not even anything fun or exciting smh), but thankfully I think I'm feeling a little more recharged now! ;v;

I got to play in the ACNH Hide and Seek session today, and also watch the other half!! Based off the last couple days I was honestly pretty worried that I wasn’t going to feel up to the interaction, so I’m really glad I was feeling more like it today! ;w;

Watched our usual anime with my parents this weekend, and got to see the latest One Piece as well as an episode of Hunter x Hunter and Haikyu!! We also watched a good amount of Youtube and caught up with Grian’s latest Hermitcraft episode and more of ZombieCleo’s series!

Saw some gorgeous fanart of some of my comfort characters aaaaaaa ;v;

I was feeling motivated after hide and seek, and spent a good part of the afternoon working on Lostglade!! I’ve cleared out a small bit of space in my storage, and I’m happy with how my island is filling out! also undid a lot of my efforts to minimalize my decorations in the interest of hide and seek sessions hehehe I've gotta figure out what to do with the rest of my beach, but I'm quite pleased with how it's coming along otherwise! Feels like I'm mostly just filling in little blank spaces at this point.

I’m excited for Art Fight!! From what I’ve been hearing I’m not sure the site’s even going to be functioning tomorrow LOL, but I’ve saved a few character references and their permissions so I’ll be able to start whenever I’m ready!

• I called in to work today because I wasn’t feeling well and didn’t sleep for over 24 hours. Not getting in the habit of calling in. I just needed the day, I couldn’t see myself doing a physical labor type job for 9 hours while running on literally zero sleep. Especially not going on huge ladders and falling or something. Now I feel guilty about calling in. I’ll be back at work tomorrow though. And I should be getting good sleep tonight. It was my own fault because I skipped my sleep med last night because I was worried I would oversleep since I had to leave at 4:45am but it ended up just keeping me up the entire night which isn’t good either. I managed to get a couple hours of sleep after I called in this morning. I’m really being vigilant about not doing this again though. I’m saving my other sick days for the winter in case I get legitimately sick. And only if. I want to have good attendance and be reliable. Some sleep is better than none I’ve found.
  • I’m gonna use today to kind of catch up on household chores and cleaning.
  • I have coffee!! ☕
  • I’m gonna practice violin today. It’s been weeks since I’ve practiced.
  • Tomorrow I’m going grocery shopping before work and I have a awesome list of a bunch of good food I can’t wait to get 😀
  • Tomorrow I don’t have to work until 2pm. So I have a closing shift, 2pm to 10pm. I prefer those to ridiculously early morning shifts. Then I have Wednesday off. Thursday and Friday are early morning shifts again though so I have to leave at 4:45am both those days but I am prepared because now I have coffee!! :) I’m gonna do my best to get at least a few hours of sleep before those shifts. Saturday isn’t too bad, 10am to 6pm. Then I get this coming Sunday, Monday and Tuesday off 🎉
  • Enjoying playing videogames again. I took a long break from them mainly because I’d feel guilty whenever I played them thinking “I should be doing something more productive 24/7” OR I’d get stressed out about my backlog of games and get decision paralysis on what to play, but there’s nothing wrong with them they’re fun, relaxing, interesting. They’re just as valid as any other hobby. I really missed them. I played Digimon World: Next Order yesterday and also Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town. As far as backlog goes who cares. I’ll play what I enjoy when I feel like it. Trying to not be as obsessive about it and just enjoy them like they’re meant to be enjoyed :) I’m also playing Pokemon Go and Pokemon Sleep. Let’s see what else, the first Kingdom Hearts game, and Life is Strange (the first one). Oh and Disney dreamlight valley. Haven’t made a ton of progress in Dreamlight because I spend most of my time in the game fishing 😂 but honestly it’s just so relaxing and chill especially while listening to a podcast or something.

I got the new $5 meal at McDonald's.

It's not my favorite fast food place but I'm a sucker for anything new. I'm happy I got the chance to get this today.

For value combos, this doesn't do anything that Wendy's already wasn't doing. It actually reminds me of how happy meals looked before they were shrunk drastically in size.

Screenshot_20240701-111913.png

• Had a great weekend. After the longest time ever, I actually went through some more of the NSO games, and played some. I played Donkey Kong for the first time ever! Seeing Diddy Kong with DK was adorable! Also, played some Super Mario Bros., Alleyway, Pilotwings and tried out another few but didn’t enjoy them as much! Also, played some of my own games: NASCAR Rivals, GTA: Vice City (I love the GTA games so much!), Let’s Go Pikachu, Super Mario Odyssey and Wreckfest. I think I’m back in a gaming mood!
  • Blossom and I had some lovely walks. I am so proud of how far she has come along, especially when we are on walks. She will now wait without me asking her if someone is coming with a pushchair or a child. There was a child riding on an electric scooter and she sat and waited until they had passed.
  • Sorted out my desk to make it easier to navigate! I’ve been putting it off for a while, but I’m happier I can get my laptop on it without it dangling off the side.
  • Last week, I decided to remove one of my keys from my laptop as there was something stuck underneath. However, whenever I went to put it back on, I managed to crack the key, plus the hinge on the bracket thing looked as if it was bent. Found one online and got it back today. It clicked back in perfectly! I am extremely happy about that, as I hate putting my laptop in for repair as I miss it too much!
  • Ordered Ghostbusters Remastered and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Wrath of the Mutants for the Nintendo Switch. Ghostbusters should arrive tomorrow, and TMNT on Wednesday.
  • My Dad bought Blossom a Hollywoof clapper board toy and I’ve ordered a Retro Cassette toy, they should arrive tomorrow.
20240630_091738-min.jpg

20240628_093453-min.jpg

I could cry right now, I'm so happy (except I'm not really going to cry lol I'm just feeling a happy feeling right now) 🥹💖 just as I was making something to eat, I happened to look out the window only to see a blue jay and a squirrel in the yard.....

.....Just like the blue jay and squirrel in the story I'm writing! For that brief moment they were in close proximity to one another, it was as though my own little OCs came to life 💕 it's totally a sign, it has to be. This memory will always be special to me. Whenever I'm feeling down again, I'll just recall it and remember that life isn't so bad sometimes. It has a funny way of surprising you when you least expect it.

Seeing them together made me gasp in delight and I just had to share this bit of happiness 🥰

Played ACNH today! I got a little work on my island done, but was mainly focused on resetting Redd now that I’ve landed on a day where he’s on Lostglade—managed to get two of the eight remaining artworks I need to finally complete my Museum, but oof this is a grueling grind; might switch back to just checking his selection at Harv's if I don't see more success with it soon.
I did also breed a few orange hyacinths from my seed reds and yellows finally though!! Praying they’ll produce a purple hyacinth for me soon since it’s the only flower I’m missing on my island and I’ll need them to craft the hyacinth lamps ;w;

Also got back to my Pokémon White 2 playthrough this evening! Thankfully I still had my walkthrough up as a tab on my phone lol so it wasn’t hard for me to remember what I was doing, and I was able to make a bit more story progress and catch Volcarona!

I got to see some Youtube videos with my family this evening, including another of ZombieCleo’s Hermitcraft videos!

First off, happy Canada Day for anyone who celebrates it! I hear fireworks going off as I'm typing this hehehe. 🇨🇦🎉
  • I spent time at home all day, so I basically got to relax while noticing that the weather was pleasant and sunny outside! ☀️
  • My mom baked Cassava Cake and it tasted very delicious!
  • I watched the 2024 Formula 1 Austrian Grand Prix and the latter stages of the race got exciting. Max Verstappen and Lando Norris were both fighting for the win... Until they ended up making contact with each other ruining their race. As a result Max did NOT win as it ended up being George Russell from Mercedes instead! The last time he won a race was nearly two years ago, so I feel happy for him. ☺️ With five different race winners so far this season in Formula 1, I wonder how it'll play out for the rest of the year. Nice to see that Red Bull is starting to feel some pressure from their rivals. 🏎️
  • I played a lot of Ace Combat 7 today getting through the story along with free flight mode. Some dialogue from characters during the missions made me chuckle both in what and how they say it lol. Anyways, one mission put me on the edge dealing with a timer to destroy targets all while drones were firing dozens upon dozens of missiles at me. Thankfully, I still managed to successfully complete the mission despite being under pressure. For the cherry on top, I got an S rank for the first time which is the highest rank you can achieve on a mission!
It made me happy when I acquired this F-14D Tomcat. If you saw my previous happy post, you may remember how much I liked to use this plane in Ace Combat X: Skies of Deception, so it's like reuniting with an old friend. 🥹
ACE COMBAT™ 7_ SKIES UNKNOWN_20240630184945.jpg

ACE COMBAT™ 7_ SKIES UNKNOWN_20240630190946.jpg

The game also has a free flight mode where you're free to roam around the map for that mission without any enemies nor objectives to complete. Just think of it as going for a car cruise, but in the air. Oddly enough, I genuinely find it therapeutic to fly in the air where you'd usually take down enemies and not focus a lot on the smaller details. Anyways, I dared myself to try and fly through this tight space which was a bit too close for comfort lol.
ACE COMBAT™ 7_ SKIES UNKNOWN_20240701133737.jpg

Alas, the S rank!
ACE COMBAT™ 7_ SKIES UNKNOWN_20240701182746.jpg

I feel like I need to share this moment in one of the story cutscenes! The doggo looks adorable, even though he's a simple jpeg image in a 3D cutscene lol. Apparently, this dog so happened to belong to one of the people in the dev team of this game. Unfortunately, he passed away not long after a photo of him was taken, so I hope he's resting easy somewhere. 🥺
ACE COMBAT™ 7_ SKIES UNKNOWN_20240630184341.jpg
  • @/xSuperMario64x showed me some tie dye stuff he made and I really like the various colours he used! In fact, he made one just for me, so I'm really excited to get my hands on it when we meet each other again in the future hehehe.
Tie Dye shirt.png
  • I had a small nap in the afternoon.
  • I ate Pancit Bihon for dinner that my mom cooked from yesterday. I find myself mentioning her delicious food more and more often, but that's okay. 😅

- I got 6 books today! I bought The Tyrant's Tomb, The Sun and the Star, The Odyssey, and Lore (by Alexandra Bracken) at the store and ordered The Burning Maze and The Tower of Nero because none of the stores in my area had them. They should be here tomorrow, so I'm going to focus on finishing The Dark Prophecy tonight.

- I'm going to have the house to myself for the next 4 days... hehehehaw :devilish:

- The new EPIC: The Musical saga drops in 2 daysssss!!! I'm attempting to get my friends to listen to EPIC so we can all be hyped together... Is it working? No.

Happy Canada Day to all of those who celebrated today! 🇨🇦

Since my last post, I'm happy because my mom and brother are both successfully moved into their new place. My husband and I visited on Sunday to help my mom pack up the last of her things and bring them over. This place is so much more spacious than her previous apartment and cheaper too. It's an old home split into an upper and lower apartment, so it should work well for them to be close but still maintain some privacy. It's not in the best condition, but it will work for their needs and it has so many cool features like big bay windows, carved pillars, arched doorways, etc. I hope my mom will be happy there.

My sister-in-law sent me more pictures of my nephews. They went 4-4 at their baseball tournament and got some nice commemorative rings. One of them hit his first ever official over the fence homerun! I've been texting them to congratulate them as well. They head to Allstars next weekend! ⚾🔥

After so many severely hot days, today was comfortably warm with a nice breeze blowing. I've seen Ruby, the bat, a new groundhog twice in the same day, and today I saw a little mouse scurry away from my front steps. 🦇🐀

My girlfriend decided she wanted to get back into chainmail and made me a hand chain. She has been promising me one for two years! It's her own custom design too. 🥰

I've gotten in a few hours of Pokémon: Let's Go! Eevee today while she's been crafting. We've also had a documentary series on in the background (Bad Surgeon: Love Under the Knife) and ordered dinner. 😋
That is gorgeous! It's a beautiful design and looks so good with your nails too! 🖤

I ate Pancit Bihon for dinner that my mom cooked from yesterday. I find myself mentioning her delicious food more and more often, but that's okay. 😅
Pancit is soooo good! I think Pancit Bihon is the one I've had. My best friend for many years was Filipino and her mom made it for us. I haven't had it in ages, but now I'm craving it.

Back