What Are You Happy About Today?

I ended up getting scheduled for a four hour shift tomorrow and one other day this week. It’s still not as many hours as I’d like, so I’m still looking for another job. I’ll take a ten hour week over nothing at all, though. I hope I can find something else soon. It was hard enough to find one job, but I hope I’ll hear back from some of these other jobs. I’m planning on just working two jobs (since my days at the first job seem to be consistent) unless the second job offers me significantly more hours.
I have my early access to the newest episode of Disventure Camp!! I have something to look forward to after work tomorrow! I swear though, if my favorite doesn’t make it to the final this season I will cry.
The Los Angeles Kings have changed their logo back to the Chevy logo! This may be an unpopular opinion, but I did not hate the shield logo. In fact, I think I prefer it over the others, especially since I love the black and silver color scheme. I’m happy the team is sticking with the color scheme rather than reverting back to the purple forum blue and gold.

Went to work today, and it was a pretty simple hour and a half.
After that I went to the local area near me with shops and looked around for jobs etc. I'll be giving my CV to the toyshop nearby, which I also bought this!

Screenshot 2024-07-02 11.05.32.png

Screenshot 2024-07-02 11.05.26.png

Happy days! My first lego animal crossing~ They had others too, was gonna go for the Maple one but this is much better :D

Plan to get doctors thing ready either today or tomorrow. Plan to work on organsing stuff (deleting a LOT of old emails that I made folders for in the emails) and my admin questions.

Also, excited for Sunday, I am going to see the Ghlibi at the theatre! I just need to figure out how to get there, if I am allowed to take pictures and what the merch will be like :3
If anyone has gone to the Ghilbi theare spirited Away, would love to know!

If anyone has gone to the Ghilbi theare spirited Away, would love to know!

Spirited Away is fantastic! I saw it June 7th. If you enjoyed the movie, you'll absolutely love the stage adaptation. It is completely performed in Japanese, but of course there are screens with English subtitles dotted about.

You won't be able to take pictures during, but they do allow you to take photos of merch, the stage before it begins, and they have a cute booth set-up near the bar for taking photos with friends.

Oh, and enjoy the Lego set! I've yet to make up my mind if I want to pick up any AC ones.
That and my girlfriend won't let me buy anymore Lego until I build the Hercules Beetle and Kingfisher sets I already own...

Spirited Away is fantastic! I saw it June 7th. If you enjoyed the movie, you'll absolutely love the stage adaptation. It is completely performed in Japanese, but of course there are screens with English subtitles dotted about.

You won't be able to take pictures during, but they do allow you to take photos of merch, the stage before it begins, and they have a cute booth set-up near the bar for taking photos with friends.

Oh, and enjoy the Lego set! I've yet to make up my mind if I want to pick up any AC ones.
That and my girlfriend won't let me buy anymore Lego until I build the Hercules Beetle and Kingfisher sets I already own...
Thank you the info! And glad you've enjoyed the show too! My seat is higher up but I'm sure I'm gonna enjoy it.
Sounds like it's gonna be a lot of fun!

I dunno when I'm gonna get this logo done I have nowhere to put it XD

Got medical treatment I've been waiting weeks for. And while I'm in pain (I had intramuscular injections in deltoids and glutes, and after many years of quarterly IM injections my body has started reacting to them with muscle spasms) I know that in the next 12-36 hours it will be 100% worth it.

I was going to make a paneer and potato curry tonight, but my knee is acting up and I'm walking like an old man, so I decided to order dinner. My partner is at a show with her friend which meant I could order from a restaurant she doesn't like. I treated myself to a cajun chicken pizza (with extra jalapeños) and fancy fries w/ truffle oil, parmesan, and rosemary. It was delicious. 🤤

Time to find a TV show the Mrs doesn't like and make the most of having the house to myself (while also being basically confined to the couch). 🥳

i hadn't been into the office for a while and i went into get my morning coffee from the coffee shop nearby and the person who usually serves me was enquiring about me as they hadn't seen me in a while , i go through life feeling invisible a lot so it made me happy to realise they knew who i was & noticed my absence haha

also the office was actually pretty good - was feeling stressed about a certain issue and everyone was helping/encouraging me

Today's been absolutely fantastic! 😁

I finished the Pokemon Ultimate Journeys series! As someone who has loved the Pokemon anime since they were a child and had some of the older episodes on box sets, it's simply amazing to me how it ended. Especially when Gary asked Ash if he had truly become a "Pokemon Master" yet. That hit deep and is going to stick with me for a long time.

I just started Pokemon Horizons and am looking forward to watching the rest.

After finishing that I played my daily gachas and am super excited for the release of Zenless Zone Zero, which is now only a day away! Work also went well and I was very productive. I had a lot of good laughs and a really good time. I keep thinking that everything I've done up until now I've made it through because I was meant to. It's not a mistake. And for that, I am truly grateful. 💜

- I'm doing a photoshoot tomorrow! No occasion, just for funsies and for practicing my photography skills.

- My books just arrived!

- It's going to be a really nice week! It's supposed to be 30 degrees next Wednesday. Gotta savour this while I still can because the weather can be weird asf in my city...

- My cat decided to be affectionate today ❤️

Finished re-reading volume 7 of Kimi ni Todoke and moved onto volume 8!

I saw some Youtube videos with my family! We caught up some more with ZombieCleo’s current Hermitcraft series, and my mom and I watched some of Markiplier’s recent stuff too!

Been busy so I haven’t even had time to start on ArtFight yet, but despite that AND it being my first year, I already got attacked?? 😭 They did a really cool character design for me no less!! aaaaaaaaa
i’m totally revenging them as soon as I get the chance. shh don’t tell

Also made it through Mistralton Cave in Pokémon White 2 tonight, and caught another member of my dream team, Axew!! Litwick is the only one left I need to catch now! c:

My husband rescued a snake today! He found a little garter snake trapped in some cobwebs in our basement, so he freed it and released it in the backyard. He sent me a picture of it too. I love that he did that! 🐍💕

I was invited to play a tabletop RPG with some friends. We start this weekend. I've never played one before, but was always interested in giving it a try.

Tomorrow is my last day of work before a long weekend!

♡ We've got boots in the house this week c:
My little brother is home for the week from the Navy! ^_^ I'm so happy because I missed him very much..

♡ Went to Dunkin with previously mentioned little brother when he came home! I missed running errands with him and getting coffee together!

♡ Got to see my bf early Monday morning/late Sunday night. It makes me happy that I get to see him and that things have been okay for us!

♡ Bought a few games from the Steam Summer Sale! Snacko and Minami Lane. I also purchased a few DLC for Cult of the Lamb :3

♡ Going to get Dunkin again today either before or after my therapy appointment. The new S'mores donut and coffee flavor is so good T^T

- Got my tax refund this morning, which is very nice :giggle: 💸

- I am also happy that tomorrow is election day here in the UK, and it's looking good for once in my life. Thankfully I don't work on Fridays so I can stay up late to watch the results too. I have work tomorrow but have most of the morning off so thankfully have time to vote...

- Made avocado toast with fried eggs for dinner 🥑🍳

- Successfully applied for a UK GHIC, I don't have any European trips booked right now, but I figured it might be useful for next year when I'm hoping to visit Serbia, Spain, and Switzerland. I already have yearly travel insurance but it's better super safe than sorry haha 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Work is going relatively good considering I feel like I’m making mistakes left and right 😂 I’m doing my best though. Also I was the only person in fulfillment for the last 5 hours of my 8 hour shift yesterday which was extremely difficult because it’s hard to handle that kind of job alone. So that sucked, especially since I’m new and it was only my 3rd day doing the job so I had to stop people in other departments to ask like a million questions cause I had no help. But I got through the shift without walking out and did some things right at least. I know it will get better with time. Also they took my picture and posted it up on the fulfillment team board up in front of the customer service desk. So that’s pretty cool. There’s only like 6 or 7 of us. Total. Which explains why they’re so short staffed and having one person scheduled for hours at a time alone. Hopefully it gets better over time. I like my coworkers, they’re very nice and it’s a much less toxic environment than my last jobs. People are friendly and don’t seem to sit in the break room complaining and gossiping about coworkers which is a nice change. I know it was only my 3rd day yesterday so they don’t expect perfection. I’ll just keep doing it and get better with experience.
  • I got a lot of good groceries yesterday, my fridge/freezer are stocked up nicely with healthy food :)
  • When I got home from work last night it was 11pm and I was so sore. I had missed my apartment buildings BBQ but they gave my leftovers last night so I got hot dogs , tuna noodle salad, baked beans, a soda, and almost an entire pineapple upside down cake. That really made my night especially after a long difficult work day and I wasn’t expecting that. So I went to my apartment and enjoyed the food then went to sleep and slept for a good 7 hours
  • I have a therapy appointment with my new therapist today. It will be my first time meeting her. She sounds really nice. So hopefully that goes well.
  • I have today off work! Yay! I work Thursday,Friday and Saturday. Thursday the 4th (tomorrow) is only a 5 hour shift and it’s an early morning shift (6am to 11am) so it’s a nice change from my 8-9 hour shifts. At least I can come home and enjoy the rest of the day. My boyfriend gets tomorrow of work so when I get home we’ll probably watch something and play some games.
  • I feel pretty good today, should be getting some important stuff straightened out today which will relieve some stress :)
  • I’m hoping I lose some weight with this job, I’m walking like 22,000 steps on my 8-9 hour shifts during it and I’m lifting a lot of stuff. Plus eating healthier.

I found this reddit topic of people talking about what it was like to play video games in the 1980's. This was something I personally wanted to know about because overall it seemed much more simplistic of a time. And the actual discussion I found was beyond what I was looking for.

It's honestly just something I find fascinating. There's lots of stories in it so if anyone is interested I'll leave a link.

Back