What Are You Happy About Today?

I'm doing a lot better today. I was productive at work and I'm also headed to the gym soon. In addition to that, I've started journaling in a journal I found after having cleaned my shelves out, and I feel as though it'll help me a lot with frustrations, reflections, and more from my day-to-day life. I'm also going to be speaking with my therapist in around a week and a half.

I've been hit with a lot of heavy blows lately, but I remembered that we can't change what happens in our lives once it's already happened. But... we are able to change our attitudes on it and how we respond. So I'm not giving up, because I know that as long as I continue to not give up for now, in the near future a lot of things will be blooming for me. 🌻

(I also pulled Zhu Yuan in Zenless Zone Zero today!)

KNLnqvb.png

I’m finished with volume 15 of Kimi ni Todoke!

Got to watch a lot of Youtube with my family! We finally finished watching Grian’s most recent Hermitcraft episode, and later on my mom and I caught up with more of Markiplier’s recent stuff, LDShadowLady and JoeyGraceffa’s Chunklock finale, and a few other things we’d been wanting to watch!

I didn’t want to get my hopes up too much in case it didn’t work out, but I actually met all the qualifications of a recent promo campaign and got a really nice amount of online store credit 😭 very much a win-win for me too! I’m treating myself to something I’ve been wanting for a little while but would normally consider too frivolous to go for!! also still expecting the last part of my order from the last time I got store credit soon, so the mail coming by is an exciting time for me right now lol

also just feeling happy about random inconsequential video game dialogues bc I’m in one of those moods

It's been a busy week so far, but there are several things that made me happy. Most of them are animal related. 😊

I've seen Ruby, the bat, a few more times. Unfortunately, she still flies away every time. 🦇

One of the bunnies ran across the yard right in front of my dog and I the other night. I think it might have been Piffany. 🐇

The geese were passing through and hanging out in front of my office again. 🪿

In the parking lot, I saw two dragonflies hovering over my car being...intimate. 🦋 (Why is there no dragonfly emoji!)

I went to the pet store to pick up some dog chews today and saw some of the cutest kittens up for adoption. One was very loving and kept rubbing up against the glass trying to be pet. Two siblings were play fighting with each other. They were all adorable! 😸

At the pet store, I also saw a baby ball python that was very curious. It seemed quite interested in me and approached the glass to check me out while flicking its tongue. So cute! 🐍

I've made more progress on my upcoming event. Everything should be ready in plenty of time. 🎉

Last edited:
Wed 24/07/24

Had my first session with my personal trainer. Got a long way to go to get to where I want to be, but it was a great first day and despite my knees feeling wobbly on the stairs after I actually felt really good about how it went. 💪

My boss showed up unexpectedly (he works at a different site) while our IT guy also happened to be in my office to borrow my label maker. The three of us ended having a long chat and related on how disruptive the construction work is to our roles. Honestly it was validating to hear I'm not the only one who has been struggling with this the past month.

Went home, ate tacos, and had a long relaxing bath. Followed by a lovely evening in with my partner.

• My friend surprised me by ordering me a big canister of my favorite coffee grounds AND a tin of cappuccino mix :D They arrive tomorrow. That was super sweet of her and I really appreciate it a lot!! :D
  • I have a violin lesson tonight I'm looking forward to
  • Almost finished reading Fairy Tale by Stephen King and have really enjoyed it
  • Spent time outside this morning reading my chess strategy book
  • Got some chicken thawing so I can make BBQ chicken in the crockpot tomorrow!
  • Gonna enjoy some episodes of my current shows for a bit then practice violin before my lesson :)

Thursday, July 25, 2024
  • Got some more of my old media converted.
  • Blossom and I had a lovely morning walk. However, she had to have an unexpected bath after getting extremely muddy! Washed all her bedding, blankets and some of her toys aswell. Philip the Polar Bear looks white again! I have never seen Blossom as muddy as that in a long while! She did enjoy the mud, but it felt good to see and feel her all clean again! She also chased a cat!
  • I ordered a new Chromebook as my other one is nearly 5 years old, slow and unresponsive even after a reset. I also ordered a sleeve for it. The sleeve arrived today, and the Chromebook should arrive tomorrow! Looking forward to getting all my favourite apps and files onto it.
  • Watched heavy rain from the window and listening to the rumbling thunder! I love thunder so much, but unfortunately don’t get much!
20240725_105505-min.jpg

Aside from being somewhat tired throughout today (I had coffee, and then a PB&J and some water to wake me up more), today's been pretty good! I was productive at work and finished a task I was working on, leaving tomorrow open to work on anything else I need to or even get ahead on some stuff. I'm also enjoying talking to my friends more and I'm headed to the gym tonight. :blush:

While I haven't been following them that much this season, the defending champion Texas Rangers have also won five games in a row, placing them just a couple games back for the division lead. They just got finished sweeping the Chicago White Sox with a 2-1 victory today. I was expecting them to tank more this season since they just won the World Series last year, but I'm pleasantly surprised with how close they're getting to leading the division! ⚾ 🔥

Aaaand I re-read volume 16 of Kimi ni Todoke! The bonus tributes from other manga authors were really cute too—and especially cool that I actually recognized Kazune Kawahara of My Love Story!! fame among them! I think there were a lot of other big names there too but I don't read a ton of shojo manga

Got to play further into Pokémon X and caught my second dream team member, Honedge!! I love the Pokémon-Amie feature so much, it’s so cute 😭

I caught up with one of SmallishBeans’ recent Hermitcraft videos with my family this evening, along with a few other shorter videos and an Among Us stream VOD!

Today was one of the better days I've had this week. I'm feeling more focused at work. I've been able to clear out some of my inbox, I completed a required training course, and it seems like leadership is finally trying to make changes to the meeting culture. We were notified of a small upcoming change today, and even though it's minor it's nice to know that they're hearing our complaints. It's very difficult to do your job when you're in meetings 75% or more of your day.

I'm also happy because I didn't have to deal with any new crisis today, not at work or with family. It's been over a week since I had a day like this and I seriously needed it.

I saw a pretty blue dragonfly while walking my dog. It landed on my car antenna and stayed there for a while. I usually only get to see dragonflies briefly before they fly off, so this was really cool.

My dog met a neighbor's dog and did really well with him. The other dog is really gentle and easy-going so I know that helped. Tanuki doesn't usually like other dogs at all, so it was nice to see him interacting with one even though he still doesn't know proper doggy etiquette. Luckily, the other dog didn't seem to mind.

- My dad's birthday present arrived today, and I somehow managed to buy him a shirt he already owned! (I blame his very specific shirt preferences tbh) 😂 Luckily I managed to go to the shop, return it, and then buy him a shirt in a diff colour. So I'm happy he likes his new replacement shirt and that I got that done today lmao

- It's a beautiful day today! 17c, sunny, and windy, my perfect weather <3

- After returning the shirt, I went grocery shopping. I bought a bunch of Japanese and Korean ramen cups I've been wanting to try, some mango, and sweet treats ofc ❤️

• The coffee my friend ordered for me arrived today! Having a cup right now and tomorrow the cappuccino mix should arrive :D
  • I rearranged my living room. Its amazing what moving some furniture around does to the feel of a room. Can make it feel and look a lot better/fresher than keeping everything the same forever
  • I made some BBQ chicken last night and it came out good!
  • I moved my desk over near the windows, so I can now sit there on my laptop with a cup of coffee with the windows open and the sunlight coming in, which feels nice!
  • I re-watched the first Deadpool in preparation to see the new Deadpool movie coming out. Still gotta re-watch the 2nd one today. I'm going to see it next week. My boyfriend is going to see it too, we're long distance right now but we're both gonna go see it on our own then talk about it :) He offered to pay for my ticket so that's really kind of him :)
  • I slept really good. I wasn't feeling well last night but sleeping helped a lot. Sleep always seems to "reset" my brain and makes me feel better after dealing with dissociation and panic.
  • I'm looking forward to the weekend, my boyfriend has saturday and sunday off work I believe so we're gonna watch some shows and play some games :)
  • I started playing a game on my phone called Wyld Flowers, it's a lot of fun!

Today's been fantastic! Got up early and have been productive at work. Finished everything for the week and had a great chat with my manager. Been having fun playing my gacha games and just generally taking time for myself. I plan to use this weekend to mostly chill and relax as well as get started on TBT Fair stuff perhaps. The Texas Rangers also open a series with the Blue Jays today, so that should be fun to watch. Hoping everyone has a great weekend! 💜

- I've been playing Coral Island on my partners computer and I really enjoy it. It's suppose to come out on the switch at some point so hopefully that still happens

- me and my partner have been doing yard work at my parents house. Thank god they are helping me. The little old lady the lives behind my parents loves us. She was going on and on about how great & helpful she thinks my partner is. She misgenders us a bunch but she's like 90 years old and in heart failure so we just let her do whatever she wants lol. She's always like "THOSE GIRLS ARE THE SWEETEST, I LOVE THOSE 2 GIRLS" and even my partner let's it go cause that granny is very enthusiastic about our love. She's our number 1 sapphic supporter apparently

- I found a big honey bee with broken wings so I picked it up and brought it to different flowers. I was gonna leave it in one of my flower pots but it was crawling around wanting to get out, so instead I brought it over to this pampas grass bush that I see a bunch of honey bees flying in and out of. I think they live in there so hopefully the bee found a decent place to vibe

- my friend is having a BBQ on the weekend for their birthday. They have a big backyard and I'm looking forward to seeing some friends I haven't seen in awhile

• Went to my moms for a few days! OF COURSE, I brought my brand stinkin' new yarn winder so I could wind all my yarn while I was there! I finally was able to wind my current stash of yarn skeins into smaller cakes that fit snugly inside of my crocheting travel bag! ^_^
    IMG_8748.jpg
    The best part is.. THEY ALL FIT IN MY BAG LOL I was SO happy about it! My bag isn't SUPER big, it's similar to a diaper bag, but it keeps all my crochet hooks, darning needles, stitch-markers, thread, AND all of that yarn.. in one bag!!! There's a few more cakes behind the front row, maybe 5-7 of them. I'm really happy everything fit in the bag, I will not shut up about it xD

• Got McDonalds for dinner tonight. I think I was more happy about the nice refreshing fountain Dr. Pepper though, more than anything else :3

• Went to the craft store to buy a few more skeins of yarn (green and a lighter tan/beige color, shown in the cakes of yarn pic in the spoiler!). I really wanted to purchase this pink/white speckled chenille yarn, but NOT FOR $10 for one skein, okay.. maybe when I have money of my own again xD for now, acrylic yarn is my bestie.. When I'm able to work better with chenille/plush yarn, maybe I'll buy my own stash >< I was hoping my mom would let me buy the yarn I saw; as I instantly had an idea on what to make with it ;w; Matching whale shark keychains/pouches for me and my boyfie T^T

• Saw boyfie again on Wednesday night, I think(?). We went for another drive!! I LOVE going for drives!! We also played Genshin for a while last night! We even talked on the phone today for a bit! I love hearing him, hanging out with him.. he's genuinely my person and I love him soo much ;w;

• Burning a nice fall scented candle as I type this.. mmm... :3

Read a little bit of volume 17 of Kimi ni Todoke!

Earned my second badge in Pokémon X! aaaand realized I missed the Salon in Lumiose City, so made a quick trip back there with the new shortcut to get my hair styled finally

Another bit of the merch I’d ordered with store credit got here safely today!! ;w;

My parents and I are caught up with SmallishBeans’ Hermitcraft episodes again!

One of my comfort characters got some new official art!! 💙

The Fair starts tomorrow!! I’m very excited and also love my new backdrop—I got exactly 80 tbt from Redd, so that worked out really nicely!

Back