What Are You Happy About Today?

Got my own tablet for my birthday, with a stylus, so I guess I will be able to draw something for the fair...Maybe..
Took a while to set up though (ah..forgot discord)

Also it was my first birthday in ACNH, got many birthday items but I'm sad there were not more cupcakes.

There is still a piece of strawberry shortcake left for my late snack.

Discovered that I could still transfer my turnips to another island in ACNH when the market was bad, time travel, and get them back again

Today was a much better day than yesterday. It was nice to have the day off. Me and Aurora had a nice morning walk before it got hot out. Went shopping and out to lunch with my mom. Bought two books with a gift card I had . Have been playing more Pokemon Violet. Finished the way home storyline also beat all eight gyms for the second time. Have made a lot of progress and so close to finishing the violet Pokedex. Caught a shiny Vibrava.
Hope everyone had a great day.
IMG_7271.jpeg

Found these two in Tera raids
IMG_7272.jpeg
IMG_7274.jpeg

So close
IMG_7273.jpeg

IMG_7267.jpeg

While I was at the bookstore this sticker made me think of @Xara
IMG_7263.jpeg

Happy today because I've been realizing recently just how important my friends are to me and the things I've been neglecting, I actually have time for now. I also am getting better at saving my money, my tax return arrives in a couple months, and the land I own is getting closer to full capacity, meaning I'm on the path upwards as far as that goes. Once all of that hits I plan on fully paying off my student loan debt and then getting a small place for myself, maybe close to where I work.

I just recently had time to organize my room finally, and I plan on going through my drawers and cleaning them out later to get rid of stuff that I don't need. Having both a clean and organized exterior and interior for my room would be amazing.

My kitty is also hanging in there. I've been regularly checking on her and feeding her as well as giving her water and treats. She's not recovered, but she's okay for now.

It's currently raining here, but it's a peaceful rain, which should help me sleep better as well. :blush:

My orientation was postponed due to my background check not coming back in time. I was notified, however, that my background check has cleared and my orientation is now scheduled for Tuesday night! I still can't fathom how long it has taken me to find a job, but I'm happy that things are working out now. The one job that I did have wasn't giving me hours, and the only other job I managed to get hasn't gotten back to me in two weeks despite accepting the position. I was starting to get discouraged until my old job from four years ago re-hired me despite not finishing out my two weeks. I'm grateful for the second chance because I truly did not hate that job. Something happened (a misunderstanding on my part, of course) caused me to stop showing up. I was offered a team lead position before said misunderstanding. I'm not sure how I'd be in a manager position, but if the time comes where I'm offered again, I'd consider it.
I'm happy that the orientation is at night because a new episode of Disventure Camp is premiering earlier in the day, and that means I can watch it before my orientation. I have a few things to look forward to later in the week, and after figuring out what I'm going to do on Monday, I may need a pick-me-up.
I'm happy to say that aside from the small problem I'm facing right now, I've otherwise been in a pretty good mood.

- My shift at work actually went okay yesterday, especially for a Saturday! My shift tomorrow is one of my preferred ones too, only 5 hours and it starts at 2pm. I usually start at 7am on Mondays and I don't enjoy them, I feel I'm better at closing. So I'm happy abt that. I've got 2 days off after too 😁

- Sore throat is a little bit better today, it no longer feels scratchy. I took a COVID test and it was negative (?), but idk maybe I did it wrong...

- Did a workout for the first time in a few days!

- The one-day heatwave is over it's back to 17c, basically my perfect temp. Luckily it's been a sunny day today too ☀️

- My diet has been going okay. The basic plan is to have fruit and protein yoghurt/pudding for breakfast, then have a normal meal around 3pm, then some snacks and a coffee. Gets me to around 1400 - 1500 calories per day. I've not been feeling hungry so that's good! I'm not overweight or anything I just want to be able to eat whatever I want without worry in Singapore + Malaysia 😂

Sun 21/07/24

Our house guest left at noon. It appears I've converted him into a Desperate Housewives fan during his stay. He said he's going to go home and start from season one. 😂

My partner and I did yoga together this afternoon. It was her first time, but I used to go twice a week pre-pandemic. She says she wants to continue doing it together, so that'll be nice and hold me accountable! 🧘‍♂️

I think I discovered my new favourite meal this evening: salmon, poached egg, and steamed spinach. Healthy and absolutely delicious. The flavours all work so well together. 🐟

20240721-184409.jpg

I’m still not doing good but I’m feeling a little better in some ways.

Some things that made me happy the last few days:

I finally caught a shiny Iron Valiant in Pokemon Violet. I found a second one but I accidentally attacked it instead of throwing a ball 😭. I’m happy that I got at least one of them 🙂. I started another save file for Violet because I wanted to catch another copy of the dlc legendary pokemon but at a lower level for my living dex since I saw you could catch it at level 20 if you haven’t become champion yet (also want to trade it for one in a different language). I saw this shiny while grinding some levels and progressing through the dlc story last night.

IMG_7886.jpeg

Iron Valiant

IMG_7885.jpeg

Shiny Bonsly

I got some Vivillons that I wanted and in the language that I wanted them in too! I only need 6 more, not counting the ones that I’m re-trading to get in a different language. 🙂.

On Pokemon home, I had got a third Uxie and I finally found a trade yesterday that gave me Mespirit for it 🙂.

I’ve been enjoying playing Genshin’s summer event and Fate Go. I’m happy how long the event is going on for in Genshin I’m having trouble with some of the puzzles. I think I’ll skip them for now unless I think I can do them and go back and try them again once i get all of the other objectives and event story done. I got Neuvillette’s skill to level 7 :D. I got more of the ascension materials that I need to finish ascending Furina 🙂. I still need a lot more but I’m getting closer to her final ascension.

Spanky slept with me today and snuggled a little with me. Right now Jewels is sleeping on my bed ☺️.

ʚ Yesterday, my bff took me to the mall ;w; He bought me so many things.. 2 of my favorite candles from Bath and Body, along with 5 wall plug-in scents, and 3 body sprays.. then we went to Gamestop and he got me Endless Ocean: Luminous for the Switch, an Inosuke shirt... then he took me to FYE and got me an Inosuke Funko Pop, 2 k-pop albums (Follow by Monsta X and The Astronaut from Jin :3).. oh! I forgot to mention we got ramen before all of that. IT WAS SO GOOD! He told me this is how I deserved to be treated, I appreciate his kindness and thoughtfulness so so much! I had such a great weekend with him, I hope he comes to visit again soon!

ʚ I got to see my boyfie last night :3 We went for a looong drive >< which was so fun! I love going for drives, especially if I'm not the one driving! ^^ Then he took me to the gas station for my little treat! Girls like me love a little treat with a silly drink to pair.. well, regardless of gender, who doesn't love going to get a small treat paired with a silly little drink?! It's really healing HAHAHA

ʚ My sister's boyfriend renewed our family plan for NSO! I can play Splatoon again :3 :3 :3 :3

ʚ Worked more on my crochet stuff in between having my friend over for the weekend! Making significant progress on Riley's commission, which makes me happy.. I have a yarn addiction, so I hope I can buy even more yarn so I can make more things!!!

ʚ Finally decided to give Zenless Zone Zero a shot. Got 2 Sharkboos from the Bangboo banner almost back to back, which was really cool, 'cuz I love sharks so much. My favooorite animal! Anything shark themed.. I HAVE TO HAVE!! So, I'm hoping I can get Ellen, too.

ʚ Yesterday, my bff took me to the mall ;w; He bought me so many things.. 2 of my favorite candles from Bath and Body, along with 5 wall plug-in scents, and 3 body sprays.. then we went to Gamestop and he got me Endless Ocean: Luminous for the Switch, an Inosuke shirt... then he took me to FYE and got me an Inosuke Funko Pop, 2 k-pop albums (Follow by Monsta X and The Astronaut from Jin :3).. oh! I forgot to mention we got ramen before all of that. IT WAS SO GOOD! He told me this is how I deserved to be treated, I appreciate his kindness and thoughtfulness so so much! I had such a great weekend with him, I hope he comes to visit again soon!
Y'all still got FYE?! I thought they went out of business. The ones around here closed years ago.

Today has been a pretty good day. Work went well and got everything done. Played Pokemon Violet when I got home and finished the Pokedex . I now have the shiny charm. The first egg I hatched was a shiny. Hopefully now I can find some shiny Pokemon easier. Had a nice relaxing evening playing ball with Aurora. Hope everyone had a great day.
IMG_7279.jpeg
IMG_7281.jpeg

IMG_7282.jpeg

IMG_7283.jpeg

No new One Piece episode this week, so we watched two episodes of Haikyu this morning! I think we’re not far off from the end of the first season either now; it feels like it’s gone by really quickly aaaa

I’m almost done with what I want to do in Pokémon White 2’s postgame! I think I’ve caught the available legendaries (Azelf gave me such hell omg. makes sense that the being of willpower would not stay in a ball ig, but even with it paralyzed I went through so many Max Revives thanks to Nasty Plot + Extrasensory consistently one-shotting my team asjlfdjsdflk 😭 was so tempted to just chuck a Master Ball at that lil brat) and am almost done with all the story wrap-up—I’d like to see how far I can get in White Treehollow too, but I’m kinda excited to get started on Pokémon X soon! I’m feeling remotivated to make progress on my mainline Pokémon game backlog.

Got to see the second half of GeminiTay’s new Hermitcraft episode! The Trial Chamber was such absolute chaos, it kinda made me want to try to take one on for myself LOL

- I had some homemade French fries and pasta for dinner that tasted yummy.
- Played PL: Arceus and I caught some shinies.
Shiny Gligar.jpg
Shiny Bronzong.jpg
Shiny Tentacool.jpg
- Worked out in the backyard.
- Worked on the sketch of Harry Potter. I darkened the hair more and now I need to finish the necktie and add more shading.
- Caught up with some anime.

Today's been a fantastic day off so far! 😁

- I stayed up all night and FINALLY went through with cleaning all of my shelves out. I got rid of three trash bags worth of stuff I don't need anymore! I'm so relieved and I feel so much better because of it. Next weekend I'll be working on my closet to try and clean and organize it as well, and donate clothes that don't fit me anymore. 🧹

- I won the 50/50 for Changli in Wuthering Waves!! I have to say I really was expecting to lose again, but the game proved me wrong. I've already started building her and I'm so excited to start fighting enemies with her! 🎮

- One of my longtime friends, the lovely @skarmoury , stopped by for a chat! It was great to talk to her again. I'm so glad she's doing well and that she graduated. She definitely earned it! 💜

- About to hop in the shower for a relaxing wash and then chill for the rest of the day. :blush:

MvJeBPH.jpg

Back